Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by harold2560 View Post
    Becuase when i started playing the game a few years ago, this is the server my freind was on. Since then i havent found a reason to not keep playing on ghallanda
    Note to self: work harder on getting Org to leave Ghallanda.
    Shiz - Ghallanda > Orien (Pharoah let my people go!)
    Shizmonkey (OG Grand Poo-Bah of R.O.G.U.E. 1st edition) and other various ShizAlts
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

Cuz they makes the bestest drinks!

I lvoes my g'landa distillate

Quote Originally Posted by harold2560 View Post
    Becuase when i started playing the game a few years ago, this is the server my freind was on. Since then i havent found a reason to not keep playing on ghallanda
    Now here is a very answer & reason for you mate!!
    Ex-Keeper EUbie known as:
    Drenglis,...many more on 3 accounts ... forgot the rest!
    And yes... I'm a PROUD GREEN MUPPET and now a days a Dirty Monkey!... And now someone made me the guild leader

I initially selected Ghallanda because it reminded me of the last name of a guy that used to a DM one of my D&D sessions. Then I convinced a bunch of family and friends to play, and we have been on Ghallanda ever since. I've only gone to the other servers for the favor when I was f2p. I don't really see the point on having characters on multiple servers at this point.
    Too many toons to list, but the mains are Achewon, Westudi, and Shonufff.

I posted this question on every server. I have been playing on Cannith mostly but in the last few days I looked at numbers. Mostly the amount of post per server thread. Cannith is the second lowest post count and I am having a hard time finding people to play with. If I ask questions from people to know information about each server. I can better understand not only the game but the people that play in the game. Witch server may be the best fit for me. Then when I am better informed. It will be easier for me to pull in my friend that play other games at this point. People that I used to play paper and dice D&D but they all live in other states or countries. As you can see from my signature I am part of a guild but their numbers are low. If it is because they chose to be on a server that has a smaller amount of people on it maybe I can suggest that they start a guild in another server as well. The question as others have observed is multilayered. Not only will I get opinions of people that think their server is the best but I will also get people that will be rude or nice or some where in between. I can then gauge what sort of people play on each server.

I hope this answers any ones questions on why I "spamed" each server thread.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

They all play here because I am here

Beware the Sleepeater

Tbh, I highly doubt there is much difference in player composition between servers. Everywhere you go you'll find the good and the bad, the friendly and the @ssholes, the new folks and the established players. Also don't think that forum activity = server activity, a lot of the people who play (possibly the majority) never come here on the forums.

Now, if you have troubles finding people in game that's an understandable concern, but it's probably not due to to Cannith being "empty." If you are not from North America or play at strange hrs it might very well be that you are missing the vast majority of the population there. By far the best way to solve such a problem is to spend a little time creating characters on each server and looking at how many groups are posted during your standard online time in each. Another alternative is too look for a guild on any server that has similar playing times. Post in the general guild recruiting forum and chances are some people will reply.
    Server: Ghallanda
    Characters: Lewing 20 Fighter, Lewinn 18 Bard/2 Fighter, Lewktgul 12 Barbarian, Lewiv 20 Wizard, Lewrak 12 Cleric, Lewyin 20 Monk

I am in California witch I am told is part of North America if all thous teaches did not lie to me. I do play at all times of the day and night. I play on a few servers. But being better informed by any means is better then blindly taking shots in the dark.

Community Member

Angry Get away!

Quote Originally Posted by Morphine73 View Post
    I am wondering why people chose and play on this server?
    Me too

What makes this server the best for people to start on? I am a newb. I am wondering if this server would be better for me to play on?
    I have found many friendly people here. Also, some "vets" (but new players like me also) have been very generous to me. And they usually told me to "pay it forward". Well, i try to...

Quote Originally Posted by Morphine
    Why do you feel your server is the best to play on?
    It has the most beautiful women

So i don't want you *censored* and your *censored* friends around!!!

If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Default Long live Fernia.

I did not choose to be here.
    Balmudo - Defro - Hoka - Kenicki - Mato - Skag - Slob - Smokestone - Uffta - Wiyaka

Community Member

I posted this question on every server. I have been playing on Cannith mostly but in the last few days I looked at numbers. Mostly the amount of post per server thread. Cannith is the second lowest post count and I am having a hard time finding people to play with. If I ask questions from people to know information about each server. I can better understand not only the game but the people that play in the game. Witch server may be the best fit for me. Then when I am better informed. It will be easier for me to pull in my friend that play other games at this point. People that I used to play paper and dice D&D but they all live in other states or countries. As you can see from my signature I am part of a guild but their numbers are low. If it is because they chose to be on a server that has a smaller amount of people on it maybe I can suggest that they start a guild in another server as well. The question as others have observed is multilayered. Not only will I get opinions of people that think their server is the best but I will also get people that will be rude or nice or some where in between. I can then gauge what sort of people play on each server.

I hope this answers any ones questions on why I "spamed" each server thread.
    No, it dosen't answer a **** thing.

12. 09-11-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    Me too

It has the most beautiful women

So i don't want you *censored* and your *censored* friends around!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelina View Post
    No, it dosen't answer a **** thing.
    I am not here to answer to you. I am here to have some fun.

So let the good times roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelina View Post
    You need spell check. Witches fly on brooms. No idea what "thous" is... "those" maybe. Should have stayed in school man.
    Happy you spoke to my mother about my bad grammar and spelling.

I will work on that just for you. Is their any thing else I can do for you?

didn't you hear? ghallanda is the land of a million intimitanks.
    Arannel, Aqueous, Cocobolo, Arboreous, Erudirion, Congruous, and Cogs
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rage9 View Post
    Publicly stating that all your server wears protective headgear is probably not the best argument
    Now for certain raids I am quite sure that other ... bodyparts ... need to be protected too.

I joined Lhazarr, because it had a "Z" in it and sounded hip. Now it's a part of G-land, and I've never looked back!
    I play this game. It is fun.
    Morlen - Vigo - Siliana - Ragz - Jeeyou Knit - EnZeroZeroBe - Joeb - Kiandra - Tenju - Freakadroid - Asteri
    Server: Ghallanda - Member: ToHitArmorClassZero

To be honest, the only way you're ever going to get an honest answer to this question is to level a toon up to 20 on every server and then see what the end game is like on each server. This is a better way to gauge the population of each server as you start to see what methods and attitudes have been developed amongst the pug crowd, and maybe even the top guilds crowd if you can manage to get in enough with them and get on their good side (allowed into an alliance chat channel and such).

This is really the best way to gauge which server you want to be a part of versus asking a small fraction of the people (we have like maybe 50 people from this server that use the forums "regularly" that are easily identifiable) who are known to kid around on here no matter what it is. Will it take some time? yes, but its much better than asking for huge justifications on behalf of the people who play here and post on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Huxley
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued
    Turbine, you can hire more developers for the game. We operate on a giant Theocracy of Debt, so go all out finding developers for the best MMO out there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12