Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    My bad, i didn't realize the deep well of philosophy inherent in this whambulance.

I wouldn't be so vocal if there weren't literally 10 more of the same thread complaining about not wanting to follow the precepts of someone elses lfm.
    Or 25 more idiots on each server who wont allow people in their group when we used to run these raids at lower levels than the person being declined is at, regularly and with little issue.

I think it goes both ways, and the shenanigans on both ends are just as much of a contributing factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    If they are under lvl 17, don't care about XP, and aren't on my "list", then whatever.
    That's been my experience on the other end of things with most groups. I've been hopping in to a lot of the 18-20 shroud runs on my 16 (was 15 at the time) warchanter. Typically I get a tell back, "you won't get any xp" and I reply, "I won't be finishing anyways" at which point I get the 'ding' and hop into the quest. People post the 18-20 or 17-20 shrouds because (a) that's what everyone normally posts and (b) the only under level people that join are most likely going to be the ones that know what they're doing and are willing to communicate with them both during the raid and beforehand.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hermespan View Post
    you did the right thing. Start a new group ;-)
    That's what I always do - immediately - when turned away from a group for any number of stupid reasons. Extra points for making the group as inclusive as possible to draw away from the first one. :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    On Sarlona once in a while I see lowbie raid groups that have a min AND a max level. Shroud, levels 14 - 17 only.

I think this is a good thing, and whoever is doing this should do it more often and start a trend. I dont think its bad that level 20s plow the raids every three days, but I think its also cool to show that lower level toons in the level range that used to be considered capped when the raid came out can still do these, sans major issues.
    I agree...seen those as well on Sarlona and run in a few. They're pretty fun. Sarlona's also really good about being willing to take people under the level range as long as they sound competent and don't mind the xp hit.

Quote Originally Posted by CavernDragon View Post
    I like to start running hound on a non TR around lv 12, but I do this with guild members, I loose a bit of xp but I like to have my Goodies early. I would say Get a few of your good friends and keep the levels 14 to 17 for the fun of it. and If you fail you fail. I like the changle of having the quest a bit higher then the toon.
    I thought the minimum level to get into the SubT at all was 14?
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Irinis View Post
    I thought the minimum level to get into the SubT at all was 14?
    If you have a higher level in the group I think you can go in at any level, I remember getting ported from it to the portable hole at around level 3.
    Arannel, Aqueous, Cocobolo, Arboreous, Erudirion, Congruous, and Cogs
    Ghallanda Rerolled

I'm pretty sure Hound (and maybe VoD) was changed months ago so that you had to be at least lvl 14 to get in.
    Sohryu ~ Raven's Guard ~ Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    I'm pretty sure Hound (and maybe VoD) was changed months ago so that you had to be at least lvl 14 to get in.
    Confirmed, level 13 and under can not get into the raids. But anyone under 14 can enter the instance with the appropriate level in the instance first.
    I don't trust anything that bleeds for seven days and still lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Irinis View Post
    So my level 14 bard isn't good enough for you huh? For Hound on NORMAL?

I was really upset at being declined. So I put up an lfm, grabbed a friend of mine to join it, and we had a great time. The chewtoy was level 15, one of the arcanes was 20, a couple of the DPS were 16. It was slow to fill, so someone switched out and got their cleric.

Surprisingly, I didn't die on the way to the quest, despite 221 hp and Bard general squishiness. Then once we started, a few dogs were killed in the makings of this run, as well as a few player characters. I may have gotten a bit bossy when things got a little messy in the middle of it all...

But we did a great job and we completed in 8 minutes.

I'm confused. Did the leader flip you off or something? Did they belittle you or tell you to re-roll?

If not...you just did what everyone has to do at somepoint; you didnt fit into someone else's group so you made your own. I'm not sure why everyone wants that first group to fail; the leader wasnt nasty as far as we can tell. He/She just didnt let you join. The group that He/She was leading. That is the single thing the leader has control over...

Some people like the safety net of having high level toons in their group; nothing wrong with that. Perhaps the person didnt want to walk a noob through it for that noobs first time; so long as the Leader wasnt rude about it, thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxmaster View Post
    I'm confused. Did the leader flip you off or something? Did they belittle you or tell you to re-roll?
    No, they just said it was not possible. So I felt like showing off... what can I say, my Bard's a Diva!
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

come now how about this on my rog 18+ cant recall what actual lvl declined from a shroud group received tell "got the locks coverd" and they needed DPS they did have a rogue splash in there that it. I guess I am only good for locks in part 3 then.

My 15th level Bard got invited to a HoX run not too long ago. She did fine. My job was to charm the dogs. I ended up charming all the dogs, and one of the reavers by accident. It generated a bit of a laugh, because the PL didn't know you could even do that! Though, it's not clear whether a charmed reaver can overcome the dog's DR or not.

In the end, she got both a Tumbleweed ring, and Crippling Chain!! Very good run for her.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Completionist! || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Quote Originally Posted by Chette View Post
    While some level 14 bards can do hound, many can't. So, unless I knew you, or unless I already had a full group and was just waiting on a bard...I might have declined you too.

If I have something listed at 16-20 and somebody hits it at 14 this gives the impression that they think they know best and won't listed to direction, so ya, I'll decline them. I don't have an issue with accepting lower levels into raids, but send a tell first. Contact me and say, I'm below your level but I've run this raid plenty of times, I have such and such gear (i.e. DR breakers for Shroud and VoD) and enough hitpoints to survive. Don't just hit my LFM and expect auto-acceptance.
    If I hit join, that is me saying "I have done this.....a lot. And can be a contributing member of the party."

The having to explain things to you comes off to me as a kid who spent his childhood being picked last and now wants to be the exclusionary one.

Waste of my time.

And if someone asked me to link my DR breakers, I would immediately drop group, as I would likely fill my own group faster and be done with the raid before yours filled, and have more fun running it.

There are a few exceptions, if it was a 14-17 Shroud, then maybe ask if they have DR breakers. After level 17 or so, the DPS is high enough to eat a few without perfect builds/weapons, etc....
    Hi, I play Generic Fantasy RPG Online, formerly known as DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    My 15th level Bard got invited to a HoX run not too long ago. She did fine. My job was to charm the dogs. I ended up charming all the dogs, and one of the reavers by accident. It generated a bit of a laugh, because the PL didn't know you could even do that! Though, it's not clear whether a charmed reaver can overcome the dog's DR or not.

In the end, she got both a Tumbleweed ring, and Crippling Chain!! Very good run for her.
    Nice one! Have to try to charm those reavers just for fun... atleast they should take some agro away
    Ex-Keeper EUbie known as:
    Drenglis,...many more on 3 accounts ... forgot the rest!
    And yes... I'm a PROUD GREEN MUPPET and now a days a Dirty Monkey!... And now someone made me the guild leader

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123