Community Member

Default A kinda weird Shroud run

I joined a Shroud party a couple of days ago.

It was yet another PUG raid that went perfectly smoothly.

What was kinda weird to me was that no-one wanted to DDoor/recall/whatever before completion... in other words, all 12 people willingly completed it...

I've never seen that before, but i haven't ran many shrouds, anyway. So i wanted to ask those who have ran it many many times, does this happen often? ...in PUGs?
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Not often. At least 1 doesn't want to complete.
    In case you didn't already notice, my posts that end with must NEVER EVER, under any circumstances, be taken seriously.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3012617

I've actually been on a PUG run where I was the only one who completed
    good thing they didn't all leave in part 4 lol

"Hit points=DPS! You aren't doing ANY DPS when ur dead!"
    and like that,.......he was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by rage9 View Post
    I've actually been on a PUG run where I was the only one who completed
    good thing they didn't all leave in part 4 lol
    Lol did you feel lonely opening the last chests?

Yes, during the few last months I'm (subjectively speaking, of course) observing decline in people not wanting completions. Personally I'm always completing, maybe at the very beginning I did some ddoors. This has an added bonus of never getting stripped of last chests contents and a guaranteed large per 3 days per toon.

Two amrath ready toons soloing Sins generate influx of ings steady enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gott_ist_tot View Post
    Yes, during the few last months I'm (subjectively speaking, of course) observing decline in people not wanting completions. Personally I'm always completing, maybe at the very beginning I did some ddoors. This has an added bonus of never getting stripped of last chests contents and a guaranteed large per 3 days per toon.

Two amrath ready toons soloing Sins generate influx of ings steady enough.
    In the last couple of months, those of us who started when F2P hit now have multiple capped toons.

Do people not want to get the end rewards/ingredients? Yeah, you limit yourself to every couple days running it. But, you are still gonna have to farm those ingredients eventually, so why not finish it out.

I have yet to do the final upgrade to any green steel items.(casual player that doesn't always play his high level toons) But, the only time I have not completed is when the party leader, and usually, most of his core group that started the party, have stated they are planning on not completing it and rerunning it a few times. I tag along until either I have to leave or the party decides they've farmed enough for the day. Then I complete either by myself or with them and go on with my day.

I can only remember one, maybe two times that the entire party completed it together. Someone always wants to ddoor out and find another group.
    Last edited by Skirmish; 08-30-2010 at 10:41 AM.

Community Member

I personally don't see the purpose in leaving before the completion, unless of course your trying to hunt down the last shard to finish a tier3.

Having multiple toons running Shroud every 3 days is already enough for me.

Plus, after you have a few capped toons, the cleansing stones are the most worthwhile thing you can go for. A couple of weapons and 1 item isn't enough. Need at least a +SP and +HP item for every toon, that takes 20 completions right there.

By the time you have enough for your 2nd item of those 2, you should have ran it 20 times.

Community Member

Shroud
    Fun and rewarding game play , is
    easily obtained in less 20 minutes.
    Probably best raid in game that
    maybe repeated .

Leet = Full completion

Docsin Wild Bunch.
    Alts , most of your censored words.

If you are not completing you are really hurting yourself. Yes I know those with only one character are limited to how many ingredients they can get but you will only be hurting yourself in the long term by not rackin gup the completions.

You can use the extra time here to go run amrath quests and probably get more ingredients. Or use it to level up another character.

Granted there are some exceptions. If you are gonna just run a couple in that same day and have only one character you are only delaying your timer for the next completion by a couple hours. Or if you just need a single shard and have all your ingredients to craft. Or you forgot the ingredients and are ready to craft that day.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

I would love to see the Shroud changed so that no ingredients (other than shards, horns, and cells) drop in Part 4, one is guaranteed in the left chest in part 5, and you have a 50% chance at one in the right chest in Part 5.

Basic, universal rogue build advice
    "Not in the face! Not in the faaaaaace!"

If anyone recalls or DDoor's out of any Shroud that I am in, I instantly report them for exploiting !!! The Dev's did not design this game to be exploited and I feel compelled to report them all !! Don't believe me?? Run a shroud with me and DDoor out or recall and see what happens !!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    In the last couple of months, those of us who started when F2P hit now have multiple capped toons.
    Not true, i only have one capped character

Quote Originally Posted by LeLoric View Post
    If you are not completing you are really hurting yourself. Yes I know those with only one character are limited to how many ingredients they can get but you will only be hurting yourself in the long term by not rackin gup the completions.

You can use the extra time here to go run amrath quests and probably get more ingredients. Or use it to level up another character.

Granted there are some exceptions. If you are gonna just run a couple in that same day and have only one character you are only delaying your timer for the next completion by a couple hours. Or if you just need a single shard and have all your ingredients to craft. Or you forgot the ingredients and are ready to craft that day.
    Yes, that was the case with the one time so far when i didn't complete... I only have one character ready for Shroud, and i ran a second one about an hour or two later.

Quote Originally Posted by Khroc View Post
    If anyone recalls or DDoor's out of any Shroud that I am in, I instantly report them for exploiting !!! <snip> I feel compelled to report them all !! Don't believe me?? Run a shroud with me and DDoor out or recall and see what happens !!
    This isn't exploiting, trust me... Exploiting would be to get a chest without fighting the monsters associated with it, not the opposite (i.e. fighting the monsters and recalling without getting the chest)

I agree with this though:
    Quote Originally Posted by Khroc View Post
    The Dev's did not design this game to be exploited
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!