Arrow Best places to earn Guild Renown

This guide is now slightly outdated. Will be updating later when I've collected enough renown reports to confirm changes, remind me if I forget

---

Renown Basics

• It depends on random luck.
    • You can get 50, 150, 500 or even 1000 points each time you earn renown.
    • Post response says 1500 is possible, can anyone confirm?
    • Renown starts at the lowest value, but there is a chance of it being bumped up higher. A similar ingame system is turning in Festivult Coins. Sometimes you might earn a gold reward with a lowly copper.
    • Your character's level makes a huge difference in that chance.
    • Chances seem best when one level (or more) below your current quest. The chance gets significantly lower at more than 1 level higher, similar to how a quest's experience goes down.
    • Difficulty mode: Elite seems to have a small bonus, Epic has a noticable one.

There are three different ways to earn guild renown:

Monster Kills

• 1/10th the renown you'd recieve from other sources.
    • Everyone in your party in the area will receive renown when it happens.
    • Not everyone will recieve the same renown. You might get 50 while other members get 5.

Treasure Chests

• Each chest has its own chance, so be sure to do those quick optionals with one!
    • Opening at-level chests is usually the "fastest" way to farm renown.

Quest End Rewards

• There is more to them than just your character's level & that of the quest.
    • Your chance of getting renown from an end reward is affected by quest length (see the entry window). This also seems to have a small effect on the amount of renown earned.
    • You have to give up your end reward to pick one. In other words they're costing you money, especially at high levels where your rewards might be worth up to 200,000 gold.
    • It's better to try for these at low level. Nothing else is usually worth taking, and the quests can be much faster.

The best way I've seen to get lots of the big trophies is grouping underlevel. There are fast quests with many chests you can do to earn fantastic guild renown per minute. Some things to remember before the list:

• Even if you do these you might get nothing, it's all luck. But you'll have the best odds around.
    • This assumes you are a group capable of handling the dungeons listed below and quickly. Don't try them if they will take you a long time or be too challenging. You can get renown in any quest, just playing the game as you usually would.
    • True Reincarnated x2 characters who have to save them for experience points later kinda miss out on the big numbers
    • Renown rewards are rarer after earning a bunch recently.
    • The levels below are intended as the highest member in your group. You can do them even lower if you think you can
    • The same dungeons will work one level higher on Hard, two on Elite, one lower on casual.

• Durk's Got a Secret, do the optionals. Watch out for acid. Detect secret doors & locks helps.
    • Haverdasher. Most people miss the chest that spawns next to him.
    • Kobold's New Ringleader, it can be worth checking for the first nameds instead of shortcut.
    • Korthos, hard and elites. Some quests are better than others.
    • Smuggler's Warehouse. Don't bother finding the gems if you can't do it fast - check for optional chests. Detect secret doors helps.
    • Stealthy Repossession. Rush through and kill the named guys. Helps to have a group split up to hit levers. Watch out for dungeon alert if you're not a caster - it will be hard to hit the red named kobolds. Nasty trap at the chest. The time it takes going to the bar & talking to the quest guy to repeat adds up fast.
    • Sunken Sewer. Requires intelligence to check for the spider or locks for locked area. Can be 3-4 chests + end reward in 1 minute.
    • Freshly shipwrecked Turbine Point farming group (end rewards). I don't do this, but if anyone who does checks it out please reply with the results.

• Catacombs part 2. The siderooms have extra chests. Window farming or quest abandoning.
    • Swiped Signet. May want to just reform after the Spiders. Up to 4 more chests & end reward (wisdom + locks needed) going farther but not worth it for most groups.
    • Waterworks. Check for rares & optionals while you're in there.

• Come out and Slay.
    • Depths series. Three chests with locks, secret door hides another.
    • Irestone Inlet.

• Irestone Inlet (on hard or elite). A guild group using new twinked veteran characters to farm here will do very well... as well as having a chance to stockpile festivult coins & those new ioun stones. Very dangerous quest if you're not prepared.
    • Tangleroot, with a lockpicker.
    • Tomb of the Immortal Heart.

• Dead Predators. Secret door hides a chest. Window farm if you don't have fast load screens.
    • Mirra's Sleepless Nights, with a rogue. Do the optional and return to the trap room for an extra chest.
    • Purge the Heretics. Quest is significantly more difficult above normal. Secret door hides a chest.
    • Redwillow's Ruins.
    • Ruined Halls. Intelligence, lock, and secret door required for three chests.

• Gwylyn's Stand. One chest has crazy traps.
    • Tear of Dhakaan. Don't forget the golem, other optionals sometimes have commanders with chests.

• Caverns of Korromar. One of the chests is locked behind a secret door.
    • Stormcleave (if you can handle it quickly). Trapsmith gets 2 extra chests.

• No quests seem to be significantly better than the others.

• Tempest Spine.

• From Beyond the Grave. Stealth saves you tons of time. Running back to the dungeon takes awhile.

• Gianthold walkups on normal. Chests aren't too common in these, so only works well if with a solid group.
    • Wizard King if with a fast group.

• Mired in Kobolds. Skip Sinvala

13-16

• Nothing stands out as being much better than other quests in this range unless you're a super zerger. Just quest as usual, the best might be quick outdoors rare groups? Please leave suggestions below!

• Hound of Xoriat. This works better if you check all the rares on the way to the dungeon. Go north at the meteor swarm and hit both the runes in the small passage. On the other side of the Halls of Lunacy portal, hit the rune right behind you. Go west and drop down a couple levels to the spider area. Run back up and west again to check the ghost. You may encounter two more rares on the regular way to the Hound of Xoriat dungeon. There's another two you can quickly hit if you make the climb to the VoD leap before entering the Lunacy portal, but experienced players only.
    • Mindsunder.
    • Shipwrecked Spy.
    • The Shroud. You will get significantly less renown if you take higher levels with you - but also get it done faster.

18+

• A New Invasion & Sins of Attrition. Chest runs, only for fast people or if you join an already done group.
    • Giant's Vault. The optionals can each have a chest at them.
    • Mining for Ancient Secrets, if you can do it quickly.

• Epic Quests. The more chests (ie, Partycrashers) the better!
    • Mining for Ancient Secrets & Giant's Vault again, they still give 1000s rarely.
    • Shroud Elite.
    • Demon's Den elite. Experienced players only or else!
    • Subterranean rare run. Both speed and luck are big factors in how rewarding this is, but it can be fun to do as a guild even if you're unlucky (see Hound above, followed by Garamol or a trip through Xoriat. Xoriat: Check both rares on the way to hound there then take the other portal. Go north from the drop, swim in the acid, kill beholders to open a portal. Use it and find your way to the frozen wall at the west. Then use the portal to the beast to finish the run.)

There are many more options at level 20 (even if not as speedy for renown), but if all you do is log on for your scheduled Reavers & DQs don't expect lots. Shavarath quests can still reward big. Remember that the quest level compared to your own matters if you want more than 50s.

Does anyone have suggestions they'd like to add?

Have fun getting all your airships
    Last edited by Crazyfruit; 07-30-2010 at 03:44 PM.

thanks

Your quoted "I haven't seen the 1000 at more than one level above the area. 500 is still (extremely rare) possible at 4 levels above."

Using level 20s in the shroud on norm drops 1000 reknown. Confirmed.

Default Thanks for the thread

I also found that when my level 14 barbarian was spending some time in the desert, he got guild renown (only 5 pts) at what seemed to be random times. I noticed no pattern, and it was NOT related to killing rares. Just so that you know!

Again, thanks for the thread!
    Officer of X since Beta, now on New Xoriat, (a.k.a. Thelanis)
    Plumwine, Elriq, Icewine, Shadowwine, Mythrylwine, Spiritwine, Neowine, PlumwinezMule, Starwine,.

Community Member

Default Just so you know...

There are 1500 renown tokens available as well.

My guild pulled two of them from the Orchard on the first and second days renown was available live. Had we known then that they were as rare as they are we would have gotten screen shots (and tried to remember the name), but will try if it happens again.

I also saw a rather lengthy discussion on Sunday in the Marketplace where several people were confirming they had 1500 pointers pulled for their guild as well, so they definitely do exist.
    Exploring Eberron with: Daximo | Daxrok | Horok | Jakwagon | Jawbreakr | Kilmani | Klaank | Knothedd | Lewtzalot | Ludacrits | Quigonn | Zalmon and other experiments
    Officer of Riftwardens on Gland

The quest list is good, but your description of the situations where the renown will drop and the factors that influence it seems like pure speculation. I'm not buying it, but I'm naturally a skeptic, nothing personal.

There always feels like there should be a pattern, or an inside line of some sort.

I ran a series of Sunken Sewers, and got a 50-150 token in the end reward something like 5-of-6 times. Had me convinced it was magical, but next day not once in several runs.

I can confirm they will drop in Korthos chests/end rewards, including 150 ones. (SS's if needed.)(edit: checked my SSs, and see I got a 500 from Gunner - Korthos Island.)

So basically anywhere you enjoy running, you'll find tokens. Just like Festy Coins.

(My lowbies like Durk's for the number of chests, plus a Muckbane chance.)
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 07-08-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

8. 07-08-2010, 01:42 PM

Reason
    Disciplinary Issues: See Users Notes

Club'in, yes, those are drawn from a large collection of renown reports from guildies & friends and comparing the results You'd have to work at Turbine to know for sure.. too much luck involved even with a ton of data.

Kistilan, your character's level matters a lot less when it comes to end rewards. The numbers I have for them are a small enough difference that it could just be luck. It's totally possible Turbine doesn't compare your character's level to the quest level for them at all - based on my data quest length is a larger difference.

For the chests and kills you should be noticing a huge change between running quests at-level & with far-above, especially over 50 runs. The hundreds of Bonebites & Irestones I have records from sure did. I hope you're having fun farming those that often either way though!

Quote Originally Posted by RuneStriker View Post
    Very interesting!

Almost 2million renown XP in my spreadsheet and not a single one of those reported.

Wonder how rare they actually are...

Has anyone gotten 150 from a monster kill?
    Last edited by Crazyfruit; 07-08-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Sacking the 3 epic chests in adq on a character will get you quite a bit of reknown plus epic seals.

Just go in hast and invis then run to each chest recall summon a hireling outside and dismiss to easily reset your instance and repeat.

24 epic chests in about 30-40 minutes plus epic seals and some other decent loot and a good plat farm also.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

Question 1.5K renown tokens...

Quote Originally Posted by RuneStriker View Post

My guild pulled two of them from the Orchard on the first and second days renown was available live. Had we known then that they were as rare as they are we would have gotten screen shots (and tried to remember the name), but will try if it happens again.

I also saw a rather lengthy discussion on Sunday in the Marketplace where several people were confirming they had 1500 pointers pulled for their guild as well, so they definitely do exist.
    Are you sure that this wasn't caused by a 50% renown bonus, whether for guild size, as a promotional game wide bonus, or combination of these factors?

At 15th level, Delirium is a good quest to run for Guild Renown, Pulled several Legendary Victory's this past weekend.
    Where is my GREATBOW???

Epic DA is an awesome source with the group comprised entirely of guildmates. The small renown scrolls up faster than you can read it. It ends up being a ton of renown for the guild.

Can definitely second Epic Partycrashers. I know our guild regularly has someone solo the quest and then invite 5 others just to pull 13 chests. At 6 pullers, that makes 78 pulls on chests alone, not counting the 80 or so kills the soloer gets credit for.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Question Dead thread?

Is there a new thread on this topic so I can update the DDOwiki accordingly? No-one has posted here in four months and I am sure the "best" locations have changed with the change to Epic difficulties and the new expansion content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Now with real 100% closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech13 View Post
    Is there a new thread on this topic so I can update the DDOwiki accordingly? No-one has posted here in four months and I am sure the "best" locations have changed with the change to Epic difficulties and the new expansion content.
    Anywhere that you can loot chests quickly at a level close to or over your characters.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Default Guild Renown in 2013

So it has been over a year since anyone posted in this thread, it is still a relevant thread though.

With the introduction of sagas a very strong way of earning guild renown is to complete all sagas, drink a guild renown pot, then turn them all in taking the guild renown. I realize that is not really farming just renown but very effective in the long run.

As far as farming location, my personal favorite is VON 2, Vault of Night expansion pack, quest the prisoner.
    This is best done with, in order of preference, a caster, a monk, any UMD toon. What you do is zone in, cast invis, run into the maze and loot the two chests that are in there. It is best to keep invis up at all times. After you loot the second chest teleport to the bank (house k), monk recall out, or click that teleport scroll.

Now there are actually 4 different chests that spawn in there, but only 2 per instance. You can open each chest 8 times before ransack. So that gives you 32 chances at guild renown before total ransack.

This is my personal favorite because it is super fast, I can hit total ransack in under an hour. I also like the fact that It can be done at low levels as well as on epic. Note they are considered the same chests on heroic and epic so go epic if you can.

Also a solid option for a big boost of renown, I am going to do this on my next TR, is to do my normal farming of quests for XP, but when I get and end reward with a legendary victory (1000), I am not going to pick it up. I will either red door the quest if in a group or move on. I will then use a piece of paper, you do remember paper right, to make a list of all quests I have one waiting for me at. When I hit 20 I am going to drink a renown pot and go and collect all my legendary victories, and probably my sagas as well.

Hope this helps to revive this thread.
    Last edited by Connman; 11-21-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    Now you aren't a cookie cuttter, you are a character with unique gear and layouts and not everyone has the same mass produced epic ethereal bracers from the ghostly beholder factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Connman View Post
    So it has been over a year since anyone posted in this thread, it is still a relevant thread though.

With the introduction of sagas a very strong way of earning guild renown is to complete all sagas, drink a guild renown pot, then turn them all in taking the guild renown. I realize that is not really farming just renown but very effective in the long run.

As far as farming location, my personal favorite is VON 2, Vault of Night expansion pack, quest the prisoner.
    This is best done with, in order of preference, a caster, a monk, any UMD toon. What you do is zone in, cast invis, run into the maze and loot the two chests that are in there. It is best to keep invis up at all times. After you loot the second chest teleport to the bank (house k), monk recall out, or click that teleport scroll.

Now there are actually 4 different chests that spawn in there, but only 2 per instance. You can open each chest 8 times before ransack. So that gives you 32 chances at guild renown before total ransack.

This is my personal favorite because it is super fast, I can hit total ransack in under an hour. I also like the fact that It can be done at low levels as well as on epic. Note they are considered the same chests on heroic and epic so go epic if you can.

Also a solid option for a big boost of renown, I am going to do this on my next TR, is to do my normal farming of quests for XP, but when I get and end reward with a legendary victory (1000), I am not going to pick it up. I will either red door the quest if in a group or move on. I will then use a piece of paper, you do remember paper right, to make a list of all quests I have one waiting for me at. When I hit 20 I am going to drink a renown pot and go and collect all my legendary victories, and probably my sagas as well.

Hope this helps to revive this thread.
    I still prefer Giant's vault. Run it with a bunch of lvl 15-18 toons (you'll hit ransack rather quickly for each one ) and get one chest per minute on average plus about 10-12 end rewards per hour. That's about 60-70 chanses per hour for legendary victory rewards... and lots of lower ones. The only problem is that it takes some time to sell all the loot now and then... if you care about that.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

It may not be the most efficient method, but I found a lot of impressives and legendaries running EHs "underlevel". In particular, running EH VoN3 and Wiz-King at level 20, and running the Eveningstar chains on EH at 20 netted me a legendary or impressive for my end reward every single time, and a fair amount of renown in chests too. It's easier than running underlevel in Heroics too, since epic XP is a bit more fluid and the quests closer in difficulty.
    Honkin • Diaari • Baz • Shankiee • Tranzcend • Diaana • Diaarti

Community Member RistoffDervish's Avatar

Under-leveling Epic Necro 4 end rewards almost always have at least 2 Legendary Victories waiting for me.

It seems like I always get all four turn ins as Legendary Victories and Impressive Trophies.

Ristoff is the leader of the Orien guild Arcane Alliance. Above is our airship "AA Krimson Kraken" with all the buffs and amenities.
    Send mail or a tell to Ristoff in-game and ask for an invitation. All players welcome!

Community Member RistoffDervish's Avatar

Speaking of Epic Necro...

Ristoff is the leader of the Orien guild Arcane Alliance. Above is our airship "AA Krimson Kraken" with all the buffs and amenities.
    Send mail or a tell to Ristoff in-game and ask for an invitation. All players welcome!