Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Ice Recipes for Named Wraps?

Well, not all named wraps, since they're not "randomly generated". But the Devout ones certainly are. Anyone know if the new recipes will work on the Devout?

And indeed, what's up with the Force Damage not working on it? I know it's been talked about before, but was well, hoping to see that fixed for Update 3.

Anyway, back to the point, anyone know about the question above?

J1NG

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Well, not all named wraps, since they're not "randomly generated". But the Devout ones certainly are.
    What makes you say the Devout Handwraps are randomly generated?

Community Member IgorHackNSlasher's Avatar

I would assume no, named loots are a random drop but the properties on them are not "randomly generated"

Ah well, was hoping beyond hope that I could bolt on the Cold damage to the Devout...

I'll try it anyway just to be certain now I've got the goods to try.

J1NG

Update

Well, the enchantment takes place. But the effect doesn't come through. So those with the recipe cards, don't waste them on a Devout. Unless you want to turn your White background into a Blue on on your Devouts.

I believe this might also be the reason why Devouts are not being affected by the Force Damage ritual. In which case, I'm not certain if it's a bug or not.

J1NG

Screenshot of the now Blue Backgrounded Devouts.

Just remember, not to use the recipes on them. The effect doesn't show up during combat.

J1NG

Community Member

The 'Force Critical' and 'Force Damage' rituals from the Stone of Change do not apply appropriately to handwraps.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=150534

Official Known Issues

With the force rituals you can get it to work if you put the handwraps in the stone by themselves after you have done the ritual. You have to use the stone once to add the effect and then a second time to fix it so it will work.

So could you put frost on them effectively, or no?

You can put the enchantment onto the wraps. But the damage just never comes through on the Devouts. Same with the Force Damage for now. So they work from the description when you examine, but not during combat.

J1NG

But you can find Transmutting of Pure Good and put the icy on them. GL with that though.

Last time I saw some it was a few months back. And was going for close to 3 to 4 mil gold then. ie around 8 to 10 mil gold now. But they're Min Level 14 for identical +2 Metalline of Pure Good (vs the Min level 8 for Devout)

And yeah ultra rare.

J1NG

Same with the Force Damage for now. So they work from the description when you examine, but not during combat.

J1NG
    Just put the Devouts back in a stone of change by themselves and hit the button. Then go try them out.

-

I think you're going about defining "randomly generated" incorrectly. To me, randomly generated means it is an item with random effects. This would exclude all named items (which have pre-set effects), greensteel, and any crafted armor.

However, I can tell you that the frost enhancing recipes worked just fine on my beloved +2 True Law of Weighted 5% handwraps (which were randomly generated by my definition, but supplied as a quest reward).

Brother_Solar

Whilst I know I was pulling the definition of Randomly Generated a bit, I did want to know. As I scoured the Lamannia threads and couldn't find anyone else saying they knew for certain. So... a bit of experimenting shall we say.

Zyklon

As for the Force Damage, I am afraid I've put them back into the Stone of Change alone already and activated it. No effect. It just says "It rumbles threateningly towards you, blah blah, etc..." It's not like I haven't tried it mind. Thanks for the reminder though

Funnily I did manage to find something about others having the same trouble. So it's a known case. Also bug reported it. If the Resia recipes don't work. Fine, it was specified already. However, I will keep on at it regarding the Force Damage.

I wonder if it's possible to restore my Devouts background back to White via a Disjunction? It looks weird without being able to ustilise the cold damage now.

J1NG

Community Member

How do I do this exactly?
    I have +1 wraps of pure good. Would I be able to put frost on them?
    How to go about accomplishing this if so.

Community Member

You can put the enchantment onto the wraps. But the damage just never comes through on the Devouts. Same with the Force Damage for now. So they work from the description when you examine, but not during combat.

J1NG
    Or you can just put it on some randomly generated ones, they work in combat

Quote Originally Posted by Cedwin View Post

You Jammy Sod for getting them in the first place!

Congrats!

Unfortuantely I only have the Devouts. Wish I had the set you have too, but simply didn't have the money a few months back when one was on the Thelanis AH. Anyway, again, I couldn't find any info, so tried it out here just in case it worked for the Devouts.

Really wish they'd at least fix the Force Damage. I so do want those working on the Devouts... *sigh*

Oh and The_Duck? Just simply get Recipe 3, then 4 then 5 (if you can) go to the Risia Altar next to the Lighthouse with the Ice Motes and use it to craft it on with any random titled handwraps.

J1NG

Community Member

You Jammy Sod for getting them in the first place!

Congrats!
    You'll probably be mad when I tell you how I got them....

Found them on the AH going for 15,000 plat buyout.

Someone didn't know what they had.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cedwin View Post

Sorry...I can't help the off-topic comment...

I can't stand that +1 Metalline Handwraps are already ML 10! +2 Metalline of Pure Good is ML 14!! ARGH! I think that's the same level as all the other non-handwrap +5 Metalline of Pure Good things I have found.

I want my extra +3. *pout*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast