Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New & Returning Player Mentor Program

*** NOTICE TO EVERYONE ***

This thread has been adopted by Clay and will continue on in another thread. Please go to the link below:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=230838

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by Levonestral; 02-14-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Moved full thread into newbie harbor
    Leader of The Madborn, Thelanis
    Searros, Kangaros, Xearos, Fearos, Tearos, Zenros, Rocknros, Rargasauros, Whilyros, Frostyros, Rosificer, Levonestral, Clankros, Stabbyros

Thelanis Mentors

Forum name: Levonestral
    In-Game: Many alts
    Comments: I play mostly evenings in the Eastern Time zone. Feel free to email/tell/PM me with any questions you may have. If you need any particular gear, let me know, and I will try and keep an eye out for it then send it to you free of charge.

Forum name: Clay
    Comments:

Forum name: DoctorWhofan
    Comments: I am mostly available for the late night gamers and those of clerical influence.

Forum name: Enir
    In-Game: Katress, Forgebreath, Katapult
    Comments: I don't play wizards/ socerers well. I love rogues and clerics. I'm knowlegable about quests up through 8th level; still learning Gianthold, Orchard, raids, etc. I'm normally logged on late afternoons and late evenings, Eastern time. People can send me mail or message me in game.
    Last edited by Levonestral; 08-25-2008 at 10:18 PM.
    Searros, Kangaros, Xearos, Fearos, Tearos, Zenros, Rocknros, Rargasauros, Whilyros, Frostyros, Rosificer, Levonestral, Clankros, Stabbyros

reserved

I would enjoy helping out as a mentor
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Add me, especially for the late nite gamers and those of clerical influence.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

I already told ya Searros I'd help any way I can just let me know.

PIXA
    Xoriat Born
    DWAT
    Pixa 20 rogue, Healza 20 Cleric, Biteza 20 tempest ranger, Casstza 12 sorc, Singza 20 bard, Kickza 13 barb, Nodda 8 fvs

I would like to donate to this cause. I am an avid collector of lower level items. Who would I send things to in order to donate?
    Ericnox Shattersoul - Paladin 18/Fighter 2 TR'd! Currently a 14 Fighter! "May the Host have Mercy... Cuz I won't..."

Default Love too!

I would love to help just send a tell anytime! or a mail!

Main toon is Isisous Legions favorite bard. LOL

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Default Mentor Program

I will also throw my hat in on this, I run mostly ranger/rouge builds, and love TWFs. I run a guild that is set up for this, new and old players coming together to have fun and learn. Main character is Laggin, alts are Faffhard, Recap and Goforit. Guilds name is chainmail!

Community Member Yori_Firebeard's Avatar

Default Add me to the list

I would be up for mentoring mostly have capped toons but have a couple lowbies and looking at possibly rerolling a couple.

Toons: Mcdermott Lvl 16, Boilerr Lvl 16, Proffesor Lvl 16, Yarii Lvl 16, Molotave Lvl 16, Migh Lvl 16, Paperr Lvl 16, Slipshadow Lvl 10, Yori Lvl 8, Turntable Lvl 2
    Xoriat FTW

Community Member PaintHorseCowboy's Avatar

Add me to the list as well.

Look for a LEGION guild tag ending in horse.

Disclaimer:
    There is now a toon called "Horseman" on the Thelanis server, this is not me.
    ----------==========[[[ LEGION ]]]==========----------

Death Waits In The Dark

Default Available to mentor

I would like to participate in the mentor program - probably most suitable for a bard/cleric/sorc player - am also female so if there is a newer female looking for assistance that would prefer female help then I am there for that.

Main toons, Glorious, Hallows, Sargavand, Thayill
    Founder of Mickory ~ Former Officer of ATD
    Thayill * Glorious * Glorie * Gloried * Glorisai * Gloreia * Hallows * Sargavand
    If you can't say anything nice about someone, come sit by me

Tossing my hat in as a mentor.

Been around constantly since Sep. 06, and while I don't know everything, I've built up a good knowledge base. Also, for any questions I don't have answers too....I'm fairly certain I can get them from people in game or from a couple of DM's I know.

All of my characters are in my signature. Very good with clerics.

Edit* - Forgot to mention I play in the Central time zone. Usually on between 18:30 to 23:00 weekdays....on and off at various times on weekends as time/real life allows.
    Last edited by Valzoric; 03-10-2009 at 02:50 PM.
    {Thelanis}Valzoric ~ 20 Dwarf Cleric|Garauk ~ 20/1 Dwarf Fighter|Gah ~ 18 Drow Bard|Olfgar ~ 16 Dwarf Wizard |Ketias ~ 15 Elf Wizard|Archamedez ~ 11 Halfling Sorcerer|Teusris ~ 8/3 Drow Rogue/Paladin|Guild Leader: Critical Misfits[/FONT]

Community Member

Hey, is this still active? I am creating on Thelanis with a friend of mine, after not playing for awhile (and only getting to level 2 when I did play last).

I'd mention a particular mentor, but I'm debating between a ranged ranger (as long as they aren't as bad as I'm reading they are on the ranger boards) or a sorcerer/wizard. For what its worth, I'll be grouping mostly with my barbarian friend.

Hey Moose,

ranged rangers aren't bad, in fact can be very useful in a party. If you are using a curse spewing bow... or a paralyzing bow... groups will be lucky to have you. Be aware, though that if you kite mobs while backing up and killing them you will inspire the ire of most parties you enter... and will not get re-invited to groups. That being said, it is STILL POSSIBLE to successfully play a ranged ranger and keep melee satisfied.

If your friend makes a wf bbn and you a wf wizard or sorc... you will have a lot of fun and success running just the two of you. That combination has successfully completed almost all content in the game.

look me up on any of my alts listed below and I will be happy to help you. I will most likely be on my new guy, Johnlittle, or these:

L E G I O N
    Icefyre*Manabozho*Arkis Poetic Kamiâ€*Kelgarâ€*Hellinnaâ€*Saamis GrymmΩSulltanΩCharybdis HeavydutyΔIntimivasionΔLiteweightΔOpallion Onihanzo‡Shusaku Johnlittle RustedoutΔGidurΔHemaskas
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Hello!

I'd love any help anyone is willing to give. I'm brand new to the game and am going to play an Archer Ranger. Any suggestions on what I should do first?

Thanks,

Where did i go?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheredidigo View Post
    Hello!

I'd love any help anyone is willing to give. I'm brand new to the game and am going to play an Archer Ranger. Any suggestions on what I should do first?

Thanks,

Where did i go?
    It would help if you included a little more information... character name, play times, etc.

you can look me up on alts listed:

L E G I O N
    Icefyre*Manabozho*Arkis Poetic Kamiâ€*Kelgarâ€*Hellinnaâ€*Saamis GrymmΩSulltanΩCharybdis HeavydutyΔIntimivasionΔLiteweightΔOpallion Onihanzo‡Shusaku Johnlittle RustedoutΔGidurΔHemaskas
    Khyber
    Thelanis

This thred is a great idea.

I stopped playing just a little while after they came out with the Titan or Demon Queen raid. The level cap then was @ 12 and since Ive been back on, I have one 32pt WF Wiz build thats capped out at 16 and a couple others at 13ish level. I dont play any of the toons that I played when I stopped because I felt like they were gimped. I havent ran a whole lot of the newer content and there's where my questions come up.

Ive read a little bit about dragonscale and dragontouched armor and I was wondering which would be a better option to go after?

I havent played any of the Reavers Refuge quests yet, is there any advice on what a wizard's job would be in there? Is there any special notes that I should know about any of those quests? The same goes for all of the Orchard quests, any help or advice on those?

What are some of the better items out the craft?

Ive been trying to come up with a durable, yet hard hitting fighter. I have a WF barb/ftr @ level 12 and a ftr/pal/rang @ level 13, but both seem like mana sponges. Are there any builds recomended?

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Hey Moose,

ranged rangers aren't bad, in fact can be very useful in a party. If you are using a curse spewing bow... or a paralyzing bow... groups will be lucky to have you. Be aware, though that if you kite mobs while backing up and killing them you will inspire the ire of most parties you enter... and will not get re-invited to groups. That being said, it is STILL POSSIBLE to successfully play a ranged ranger and keep melee satisfied.

If your friend makes a wf bbn and you a wf wizard or sorc... you will have a lot of fun and success running just the two of you. That combination has successfully completed almost all content in the game.

look me up on any of my alts listed below and I will be happy to help you. I will most likely be on my new guy, Johnlittle, or these:
    Clay, you gotta stop being so helpful to new players. Think of the impact on Legion's reputation!

Kidding aside, I really like helping new-ish players who have reached the point where they want to try to make their own build. But my time is awfully limited, so I'm afraid I can't really commit as a mentor. But if you are such a player, feel free to PM me a build idea. I'll warn you now I'll probably tear it apart, BUT I can assure you I'll do my best to make the process very educational -- with detailed explanation rather than just "no, do this."
    Last edited by Thanimal; 03-18-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanimal View Post
    Clay, you gotta stop being so helpful to new players. Think of the impact on Legion's reputation!
    For whatever it's worth, Legion started this service.
    Last edited by Renegade66; 03-18-2009 at 11:17 AM.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast