Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzt14 View Post
    ok, honestly doubt it would happen, because housing is so far away anyhow and they already have a pvp area, and guilds may not like their homes getting mowed down by someone with nothing to do at two in the morning.
    Consider the SWG model:

You can flag yourself non-combatant, combatant, or special forces.

Non-combatants have no PVP at all.

Combatants can fight in the civil war, but only against NPCs. They can't help special forces.

Special Forces are full on PVP at all times.

You can buy bases. Combatant bases are stocked with NPCs, and can only be attacked by Combatants.

Special Forces bases are stocked with NPCs, and have a daily window of a couple hours when they can be attacked by PCs. PCs can also defend them.

The bases are "expensive" - they are a big investment, but minimal cost against those who can't figure out how to spend their cash.

Moneysink!

Not that I expect it to happen - that's a huge investment in coding for a relatively small pay off. In SWG it was needed, because the Galactic Civil War is the *whole freakin' point* of the SW universe.

Here, it's just people mad at each other. But it could easily be House based....
    I play on Ghall...Gall..Galli...The new Fernia. Lifetaker, Heartbreaker, and Battlemage
    Terrakal: Roguey Stabby guy. Gyness the Stout: I drink to hide my rage. Gyshe: Race: Elf. Class: Elf. Roomsweeper: Boomsticks. Ramparts: Pally Intimitank. Crucible: Hammer and Tongs. And Shafted: Cleric* Archer *Not a cleric.

Cool Hal-flings

I think it's obvious which (half) race would be the ammunition.
    H A R A H A R A - H A R A M A K I - H A R A S E K U
    <°))))>< S A R L O N A ><((((°>

Talking

Dwarf-tossing should not be allowed in the game. It is time we stood up for a bereft of height brethren and put down this movement towards adding Trebuchets to the game and then tieing down a poor Dwarf only to get him to unlock the doors on top of the mountain.
    What do you mean you weren't ready for me to pull, I had Spellpoints???

Thelanis formerly of Xoriat the one true server

You've got to be kidding.
    "My level of not-giving-a-**** is infinate"
    *FRICK - Level 14 Ftr * Bosco 14 Clr * Kassimar 9 sorc*

Quote Originally Posted by Charmazal View Post
    You've got to be kidding.

Nope sir

Community Member

Trebuchets?

C'mon, this is Eberron, just use a giant laser!

PvP to me with no Story basis to the game is what ruins it for me. All the great PvP Games had a story for it and a reason why you are fighting each other..

DDO does not.. SO to me adding a Siege aspect in PvP just does not fit DDO as it is now..

Now if they were to add another side like being able to play the evil races or what they do in LotR:Online with you being able to play a monster, then i would go for it.

I can barely get the current version of PvP past my sensabilities on storyline.

Edit: That was my only opjection to adding PvP to DDO in the first place... not because it does not fit the essence of D&D but because it makes no sense to the storline in the current way DDO is set up. I had a suggested way to implement a version of PvP that not only I think is cool but fits the Story here.
    Last edited by dragnmoon; 09-24-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Heddar Dwarf Fighter L 17, Celidaer Elf Wizard L 17, Merinid Drow Bard L 16,
    Talimore Human Ranger L 5, Kuven Human Cleric L 3, Kopesh Warforged Barbarian L 4

Quote Originally Posted by bnrilfun View Post
    Dwarf-tossing should not be allowed in the game. It is time we stood up for a bereft of height brethren and put down this movement towards adding Trebuchets to the game and then tieing down a poor Dwarf only to get him to unlock the doors on top of the mountain.
    If you guys are just thinking Dorfs & Halflings your not thinking big enough. A true Trebuche should be able to toss a Half-Orc or WF easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Litz View Post
    If you guys are just thinking Dorfs & Halflings your not thinking big enough. A true Trebuche should be able to toss a Half-Orc or WF easily.
    oooo... WF with Adamantine Body... they'd go through buildings no problem. (Adamanitine ignores the Hardness of an Object)

oh oh oh then we could have WF Shock Troopers. They penetrae the walls of a castle by being launched through it by a trebuchet and then beat everyone up that is inside while they stare in utter confusion.

Aesop
    Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff
    Rule 2: Its all small stuff
    Rule 3: People are stupid. You, me everyone... expect it
    more rules to come in a different sig

Quote Originally Posted by issiana View Post
    i might be a little off here, but wasnt that part off Dark age of camelot? I always thought they had the whole seige warfare bits in that game.
    Yes, they had well developed Siege Warfare, including battering rams and ballista. You didn't get experience for Seige Engine kills in PVE, but it was still fun skewering flyers with ballista.

(I played on the PvE server, so I didn't play with them in true Realm vs Realm warfare.)

I would imagine Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, which is also from Mythic, the DAoC people, will probably have seige equipment either initially or eventually as well. (And speaking of Orc tossing, the theatrical style trailer for WAR shows them lobbing an Orc.)

in a quest id be kewl, but pvp isnt meaningful enough to do anything like guild pvp and ddo isnt set up for conqurable territories
    NO!! I wont correct my spelling/grammar, and yes I lack the power of typed word.
    Been to Ghallanda lately?
    Wanna have fun but not sure how? Here is your answer!

Focus man! There are bigger fish to fry in the game!

I heard that Turbine were considering implementing Trebuchets instead of the fly spell. Can anyone confirm?

Given my barbarian can carry 41,000+ pounds when raging/madstoning etc, I should be able to throw a halfing or a pickup truck across the room. (Check your carry limit when you're in the 40+ strength range its funny)

One vote for the /toss emote

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniac View Post
    Given my barbarian can carry 41,000+ pounds when raging/madstoning etc, I should be able to throw a halfing or a pickup truck across the room. (Check your carry limit when you're in the 40+ strength range its funny)

One vote for the /toss emote

sure those are pounds and not grams or some other unit of measure?

-----EDIT----

Nevermind your right it has the "lbs." marked. Never noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by transtemporal View Post
    I heard that Turbine were considering implementing Trebuchets instead of the fly spell. Can anyone confirm?
    Now what fun is flying over walls? Its too slow and no bang, pop, or boom at the end. Using the fly spell from reavers raid would get you killed. Imagine trying to go over a defended wall using it. You'd get eaten up by arrow fire & spells before you could land.
    Last edited by Litz; 09-25-2007 at 05:50 AM.

Community Member

It definitely will be a part of Age of Conan. They seem to be purposing a large part of the game towards Siege Warfare, defending your guild's keep against either NPC aggressors or, I think, PC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by issiana View Post
    i might be a little off here, but wasnt that part off Dark age of camelot? I always thought they had the whole seige warfare bits in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by EP_Harlow
    "At times, death alone bears the memo regarding a change in strategy." -EP Harlow

Talking

Hmmm I'm thinking more of a football type arena where there is a trebuchet at either end n maybe hurling halflings colliding in mid field air hehe
    Stupidity is an illness n this vorpal greataxe is the cure!!!
    Radyl MandonDalyn RandomBlayrn Rycie
    KyttenSweetyTrips BloodaxePurrfectKapow Ooops
    Dragon Order of Arcanix....Co-Quartermaster http://thedoa.guildportal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkari Rozahas View Post
    I cna see it now.....

"We need to get soemone across this big assed chasm to let down the bridge."
    "Hey, here's a Trebuchet."
    "Lets launch the half-ling over with it!"
    "..... screw you guys."
    *he gets launched across.*

Ok we can have trebuchets, but can I request fly potions first?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12