Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Community Member Tenkari_Rozahas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo123 View Post
    The Forumites are very frequently the exceptional, not the average.

The Casual Player is less likely to frequent forums than the hardcore gamer, for example.

List your reasons why you feel it is a negative. Then, do me a favor, try to list reasons why you feel it would be a positive. Don't get all exasperated. Give it a shot. Try to present my side.
    so, your saying that us forum people cant be casual? I've been playing since april of last year, and have yet to ever cap a character, am nowhere near 1750 favor, play maybe 3-4 hours a day sometimes less, sometimes more, hell, this last week i havent even been in the mood to play.

the most "uber" weapons i got are a +1 banisher, and +1 cursespewer. I dont have millions of plat. some of my chars suck, but i dont plan on re-rolling them, at least not till i unlock 32 point builds, as i got a couple plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    Your doomsaying of doom does not meet the doom regulations for doom font, doom color, or doom spelling, specifically the number of "o"s. Please take a moment and correct these glaring doom issues.

Umm, sorry Dingo, casual player here, and most of my guild is built on the premise of casual players, and they visit regularly. I only started visiting forums at the recommendations of guildies, even though I have been playing since beta. We at the forums do represent a large majority of the community because we are all part of the people who came to this game because of the PnP version and want to keep it as close as possible to PnP, because PnP is the one that started all of this.
    Snowleopard, Locomotiv Breath, Aqualung, Thickas a Brick, WitchsPromis, Part of the Machine, Coseyed Mary
    No whining, unless you're serving really good cheese. Otherwise, put a cork in it.

The Experience Potion would be extremely useful to just about anyone, and for those who did not want it, it could be vendored off for a substantial sum. Say 100K at highest levels.
    In your first post you say that the potion should be bound and non-transferable.

Let's remember, when all that bad stuff happened about a year ago, a lot of people were rather upset. A thread started about what Turbine could do to make it up to us. A lot of people wanted dragonshards. Turbine thought that a reasonable "we're sorry" gift and it's been commonplace ever since.

Dragonshards are stupid and so are XP pots. We should be given a list of all loot ever generated in the game, including raid, and get to choose 2 items.
    That would be, oh wait, stupid.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdenicus View Post
    OOOoooo

My turn my turn

Aspenor < Vanash.
    Vanash + All of Khyber < Aspenor

The Casual Player is less likely to frequent forums than the hardcore gamer, for example.
    I sometimes play in my boxer shorts, is that casual enough?

I say no because it doesn't stop, ever. Turbine distributed shards as a "we're sorry/thank you" once, and now they hand em out like candy. I was against it then (as I think I stated before) because once you do something like that people expect it.

They hand out a 100K XP pot because a mod is delayed three weeks. Then when a mod comes out six weeks late the automatic assumption is TWO pots. If the game is up/down or bugged after a mod for three days and you get a pot, what happens when its six days?

And then someone gets the bright idea of why stop at XP pots, hand out a raid loot item, or a level, or an extra char slot or (the list goes on). How do I know this will happen? Because Turbine handed out a dragon shard and now we are talking about XP pots. The whole idea (thank you gifts in general not this specific suggestion) and MUST be stabbed in its black heart. Then cut off its head and bury it in a separate unmarked grave so this thing can NEVER rear its ugly head again!
    Proud member of DWAT - Xorian forged, quenched in the blood of butterflies
    Arnn, Duana, Gultyrr, Mahd Bardigan, Ahliriana, Arnnette, Conch Fritter, Jwuana, Thayla, Margaritte da Ville
    God is good, beer is great and women are crazy.

Default Gifts

During Times of Development mistakes, or what not... instead of handing out dragon shards (which are largely useless in the long run), hand out Xp Potions which can be gulped and will provide a decent amount of XP for the level. Make them bound and non-tradable and provide XP based on level.
    A potion of Teleport to Marketplace would be a nice little gift to say "I'm Sorry."
    H A R A H A R A - H A R A M A K I - H A R A S E K U
    <°))))>< S A R L O N A ><((((°>

Community Member

Oh come on Dingo.. this is getting way too thick

Hold off for a day or two, lest you lose your credibility.
    Caius Furius Aurelius of Fernia
    Philadelphus - Theodorus - Vibius - Isidorus - Cnaeus - Lucius - Flavius
    Aurelia - Lucilla - Iulia - Marciana - Caecilia - Pompeia
    Subsidium - Robotello - Roboangelo - Argentarius

Community Member

During Times of Development mistakes, or what not... instead of handing out dragon shards (which are largely useless in the long run), hand out Xp Potions which can be gulped and will provide a decent amount of XP for the level. Make them bound and non-tradable and provide XP based on level.
    I find it amazing how many terrible ideas you seem to come up with.

They actually had something like this on an old MMO I played- Crystals which could be used, and when used, would provide small bonuses to your XP. Being the enterprising individual I was, I used a trick I had already been using on potions. Said trick allowed you to use a given item infinite times without it being consumed. Needless to say, I became the highest level character in the game in short order. Even so, when people would marvel over how I was ten levels ahead of the next person in line, they got confused when I told them 'I have never done this quest before' ten times in a row.

XP gifting items should be extremely rare, like they are in PnP, not something trivial like an 'XP potion'. As explained above- There are always way to dupe, cheat, or otherwise break the rules. This would just make said things worse.

I am since reformed, I'll have you know.

Thumbs up

Stirring up the pot can be a very useful tool to find out what people really think. Maybe dingo's a ddo secret agent.

Thank you for another idea to fuel the fire dingo!

Default Who let this thread back out of it's box!

Quote Originally Posted by Scalion View Post
    Stirring up the pot can be a very useful tool to find out what people really think. Maybe dingo's a ddo secret agent.

Thank you for another idea to fuel the fire dingo!
    DDO Agent 69.

Would you believe three half orcs and a nymphomanical dwarf?
    Proud member of DWAT - Xorian forged, quenched in the blood of butterflies
    Arnn, Duana, Gultyrr, Mahd Bardigan, Ahliriana, Arnnette, Conch Fritter, Jwuana, Thayla, Margaritte da Ville
    God is good, beer is great and women are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlith View Post
    DDO Agent 69.

Would you believe three half orcs and a nymphomanical dwarf?
    No? How about a hungover Dryad and a viscious Gerbil?
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910