Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by dragnmoon View Post
    Most new spells are added when thier is a Level Cap raise. No level Cap raise so hence lack of new spells.

yes more spells are added when the cap is raised then when not but we have still gotten new spells in between as well really i guess what i am wondering is when will we see a real spell update even with the next level of spells there are almost no lvl 7 spells that damage and same can be said for a few other levels

and besides i would love to see the orb spells and they cant possibly be that hard to program/ animate the spell is just a small glowing orb would look just like a magic missle only smaller ... what level is mass hold monster?
    Hack n Slash Gaming - Streaming DDO and PS4 games on Twitch starting September 15th - join the revolution
    [])])])])])])[]]??????????????????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1 View Post
    drfirewater... thanks for being the voice of reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringlord View Post
    LOL ok you learn something new every day So the current counting system for quests has a few bugs in it

I know until recently I was not able to do loot runs on the giant caves in Threnal because of my old computers poor graphics device ( very long story ) but I would get a run or tow in once in a while. There is the one cave that is an actual quest you get completion for doing ( you smash the crates along the way ) and I did it 1 time on Normal and Hard. Well now I have been doing it on elite and the first time I was in there on elite it showed I had never completed it before.
    Thats not a bug its a feature. The counter works correctly.

The game wants to prevent you from ruining your firsttime +25 hard and +50 elite bonus, so it doesn't penalize you for any previous atttempts, regardless of difficulty on the first run of each difficulty.

So it will temporarily disable the completion # penalty for all first runs, on hard and elite. But once you complete normal hard and elite at least once, the counter will always display the correct number (counting all the runs that were "first runs")..... unless... You are XP capped. Once you are XP capped, the counter is frozen to prevent XP loss on next level cap increase.

I've done most quests while XP capped. So say twilight forge, ive done 40+ times.. But it says 0 times because I was always xp capped while doing it. But it no longer says first time +XX bonus on any difficulty. (those are lost regardless if you are capped or not)

Ideally the counter will increase but not penalize you, and I believe that is planned in the future. Or at least to show you the true completion # in the adventure compedium.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Yea because VoN6 was so hard.

People have freaking solo'd VoN6 dude.. A minor change like this won't prevent a group of 12 lvl10s from completing it. 2 rangers can easily do it without taking even agroing the mobs. Decent melees can just run in there and kill them. Decent arcanes can just crowd control and disintigrate them.. All valid, and more fun tactics then suicide to get the job done, and all doable by level 10s. Hell i've done it on my melee that way when lvl10 was the cap a bunch of times. Even do it on my arcane now just because I dont like the pulling junk, on elite.
    I'd love to see someone solo it...

How did they get there?
    How did they take out all three pillars solo?
    How did they get through the switches and runes in Von 5?

Nice rant. I am so sick of the devs changing content because of wanna be zergers like you that it makes me sick. You probably die in every quest, and come in to smash a post with your stupidity.

I am not even close to the best player in the game, but I can say that I have ran every quest in the game elite. I can also add that there have been plenty of wipes in every raid I have been in. Especially, when they first come out.

The reason why people are leaving the game is because they are sick of constant nerfs to existing content instead new content, nerfs to our characters, massive bugs, and a few other reasons. This is just contributing to the problem.
    Last edited by Prinstoni; 08-31-2007 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookydodger View Post
    It still takes people months to figure them out. That figuring out usually starts on Risia.

Quests/Raids being easier now due to finding tricks doesn't make them less difficult.

In almost any case you could care to cite, soloing a mission requires incredible equipment, prodigious talent, excessive knowledge of the game, and mind-boggling use of expendables such as scrolls and potions.

Just because it's soloed doesn't mean one should mistake it for "easier"

It's just a matter of someone not doing "insane mode" first, and eventually getting so good at something that they make it look like child's play.

Making it harder would generally make the quest totally impossible for casual gamers. I still see more Reaver raids fail than succeed.
    HA... My Point Exactly! Thank you for putting it in words that are not a /rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Prinstoni View Post

How did they get there?

Nice rant noob.
    My guess is they have help getting through VoN 5, then they do this:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=15806036

Quote Originally Posted by Prinstoni View Post

How did they get there?

Nice rant noob.
    Not a rant... it's true. I was amazed.

He did have a party through VoN5, but then solo'd VoN 6. Watch for yourself:

Part 1: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=15806036
    Part 2: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=15809910
    Part 3: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=15815148
    Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

Quote Originally Posted by Riddikulus View Post
    Yeah, I find stormvauld's more annoying than challenging. Where is that last stupid freakin piece?... we've killed everything and we're just back tabbing our way from top to bottom. Yeah that's challenging... not.

The raid and raid prereqs are quite a grand adventure already IMO... the problem is that there are not enough of them, so people repeat them to the point where they have it memorized.
    Exactly why people only run it for favor... If this was done to raids it would be the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddikulus View Post
    Not a rant... it's true. I was amazed.

He did have a party through VoN5, but then solo'd VoN 6. Watch for yourself:

Part 1: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=15806036
    Part 2: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=15809910
    Part 3: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=15815148
    So how would the devs new change prevent him from soloing if that is the point? Also, just because one guy did it doesn't mean that everyone can do it.

I also saw many spots here where it could have been instant failure for him, so there was a lot of luck on his side.

1) When he jumped the barrier. He could have fell.
    2) He could have spawned more mobs over in that corner, but he was fortunate.
    3) Velah almost killed him at one point (he stopped to self heal and it was almost not fast enough)
    4) he was real close on time 41 min completion.

Proving it was done, but it was not easy.

BTW I am amazed, and I think anyone inventive and dedicated enough to solo will do it no matter what changes are made. The biggest affect is to casual to moderate players.

That group (of which I would consider myself in) always get the shaft whith changes to characters and quests. It doesn't affect the elite. They will do these quests solo and short man anyway. The majority of players get hurt by changes because we don't have everything ubber (well most of us :P), and we always play by the rules.
    Last edited by Prinstoni; 08-31-2007 at 12:12 PM.

Default Congratz on the new bag Development Activities

Bags
    Dev's You are doing a great job love the new Collectable Bags and new Gem Bags idea. Thank you

Quiver suggeston
    I am not a ranger, but I have seen how many arrows or bolts that Rangers go through. I am thinking that they might be in need of a special Quiver that would house all thoes arrows or bolts. And maybe if it were a really magical one it would make loading a little faster.

Keep up the great work.
    Azari
    My Girls on Ghallanda... Azari Halfling Wizard 15
    Azura Elf Cleric 12...Azarri Drow Elf Wizard 7
    Azarii Drow Elf Wizard 9...Azarie Halfling Rogue 7
    Azzari Halfling (32pt) Wizard 5...Azori Elf (32pt) Cleric 5

Quote Originally Posted by HFGfeather View Post
    Bags
    Dev's You are doing a great job love the new Collectable Bags and new Gem Bags idea. Thank you

Quiver suggeston
    I am not a ranger, but I have seen how many arrows or bolts that Rangers go through. I am thinking that they might be in need of a special Quiver that would house all thoes arrows or bolts. And maybe if it were a really magical one it would make loading a little faster.

Keep up the great work.
    Azari
    /agreed on the quivers. PLEASE read this thread and help us archers out!
    Amadare Ardency Discordance Fascination Xalixis

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234