Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Here's a rumor..

Due to complaints about lack of content, the devs have decided to push up the level increase to Mod 5. Unfortunately, only Bards and Rogues were completed up to level 16. All other classes will have to wait till Mod 6.

Of course I'd have no problem if this were really true...*points to sig*

The above is complete bs
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Community Member

coldin your disclaimer wasn't clearly displayed. :P

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Andy of GSI View Post
    coldin your disclaimer wasn't clearly displayed. :P
    Shhh... I was hoping someone would start spreading that rumor across the forums.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Here's a rumor..

Due to complaints about lack of content, the devs have decided to push up the level increase to Mod 5. Unfortunately, only Bards and Rogues were completed up to level 16. All other classes will have to wait till Mod 6.

Of course I'd have no problem if this were really true...*points to sig*

The above is complete bs
    hehe half of my guys will be extremely happy then :P
    Halflings Rule and never irritate anyone that can cast dispell

Wow... can anyone say "disappointment" ?

The devs disappear from the forums for a week and come back with 2 useless changes? *sigh*

Are you saying NOTHING has been changed or added since the last WDA? And even the last WDA was posted before monday (just made visible monday) so in over a week there has been no dev Activity!?

Quote Originally Posted by Qzipoun View Post
    Wow... can anyone say "disappointment" ?

The devs disappear from the forums for a week and come back with 2 useless changes? *sigh*

Are you saying NOTHING has been changed or added since the last WDA? And even the last WDA was posted before monday (just made visible monday) so in over a week there has been no dev Activity!?
    Since the Mod was supposed to be out by now... And it was delayed to fix bugs and not add content.. I am not suprised at all to the lack of content on the WDA

Heddar Dwarf Fighter L 17, Celidaer Elf Wizard L 17, Merinid Drow Bard L 16,
    Talimore Human Ranger L 5, Kuven Human Cleric L 3, Kopesh Warforged Barbarian L 4

Quote Originally Posted by Quarion View Post
    NEW -A new command '/quest completions' will display the number of times you have completed each raid.
    Darn... just raids? I so wanted to know how many times I've run PoP.
    Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

Quote Originally Posted by Riddikulus View Post
    Having a running tally in the compendium (for each difficulty) would be a much better option..

Code:
    Quest                   Level    Quest Location       Completions  Reps   Favor
    Prison of the Plains    lvl14    GiantHold            N   H   E    36     24
    The Crucible            lvl14    GiantHold            N   H   E     3     24
    Maze of Madness         lvl13    Ruins of GiantHold   N   H   E    17     21
    The above example would show that you've completed PoP 36 times, including normal and elite, The Crucible 3 times, including Hard and Elite and MoM 17 times, including once on each difficulty.

I think Q mentioned that they had something like this in the works a while ago.. but I'm too lazy to go look it up right now .. i should be playing the game instead of posting at this time of night!

edit: here's the post and it was Graal, not Q:
    Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    There will be at least a /command in Mod5, similar to /quest, to view a character's number of completions for raid quests. We are also working on adding the number of completions to the Adventure Compendium for all quests, just in case you wondered how many times you have done Prison of the Planes.
    Last edited by binnsr; 08-28-2007 at 09:03 AM. Reason: quoted the wrong part of graal's comment :/
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

Come on, be reasonable. The computer can only store numbers up to a certain size before they have to start using floating point numbers. Besides, I don't think the servers could handle the workload of counting PoP runs
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

Here you go. Quote from Graal last week's WDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    There will be at least a /command in Mod5, similar to /quest, to view a character's number of completions for raid quests. We are also working on adding the number of completions to the Adventure Compendium for all quests, just in case you wondered how many times you have done Prison of the Planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarion View Post
    Weekly Development Activities
    [*]Plane of Night
    • Velah has informed the guardians of the islands within the Plane of Night that if they leave the areas they are supposed to be protecting, she will eat them.
    • The bridges within the Vault of Night should no longer occasionally be ethereal.
    Are you serious? This means that VON 6 will be almost impossible for a level 10, or am I mistaken and the quest is going to be changed to a level 16 quest on normal?

This is a stupid change. I am sorry, but I am getting tired of the constant changes to existing quests. There is no reason to make that quest harder. I am certain that many people have troubles with Velah as it stands (especially L10's), and this change will make that quest impossible to complete.

STOP CHANGING EXISTING CONTENT AND JUST CONCENTRATE ON THE NEW STUFF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prinstoni View Post
    Are you serious? This means that VON 6 will be almost impossible for a level 10, or am I mistaken and the quest is going to be changed to a level 16 quest on normal?

This is a stupid change. I am sorry, but I am getting tired of the constant changes to existing quests. There is no reason to make that quest harder. I am certain that many people have troubles with Velah as it stands (especially L10's), and this change will make that quest impossible to complete.

You missed the boat on this rant. They already had it 2 weeks ago and while several people freaked out and said VoN6 was no longer able to be done, other people simply pointed out a half dozen OTHER tactics that work but people are too lazy to do because the luring tactic is common and well practiced.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

Guys there is already a place to find the tally on how many times you have run a quest. You find the number in the same window you can see the stupid kill counts for party members. It tells how many times you have completed the adventure based on the difficulty you are currently running it on. It has been there from day 1. Now with the promised addition of those numbers to the Adventure Compendium it will just be easier to find out

Guys there is already a place to find the tally on how many times you have run a quest. You find the number in the same window you can see the stupid kill counts for party members. It tells how many times you have completed the adventure based on the difficulty you are currently running it on. It has been there from day 1. Now with the promised addition of those numbers to the Adventure Compendium it will just be easier to find out
    Sorry this only works til become caped. Second it tells u how many times you have run the quest period, unless it your first time running the quest on hard or elite. The reason the first time on hard and elite do not tally up is because the first time bonus they give you. Though I do agree there a system counting how many times done the quest. It stops counting when capped so you can do that quest for xp later when more levels or added.
    Last edited by Peter Tamburro; 08-28-2007 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringlord View Post
    Actually, this method doesn't work reliably. I have at least one capped character thats shows 'You have completed this quest 0 times' when looking at the XP report while doing the Demon Queen. And that character has done it at least ten times, and has a number of the raid items to prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
    Come on, be reasonable. The computer can only store numbers up to a certain size before they have to start using floating point numbers. Besides, I don't think the servers could handle the workload of counting PoP runs
    Wow Freeman posted to a WDA and didnt ask about 1 thing
    Sorry couldnt resist Freeman
    StanC
    "Are you a complete Idiot ?"
    "No some parts are missing"
    "What level Dungeon Master are you ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Prinstoni View Post

Yea because VoN6 was so hard.

People have freaking solo'd VoN6 dude.. A minor change like this won't prevent a group of 12 lvl10s from completing it. 2 rangers can easily do it without taking even agroing the mobs. Decent melees can just run in there and kill them. Decent arcanes can just crowd control and disintigrate them.. All valid, and more fun tactics then suicide to get the job done, and all doable by level 10s. Hell i've done it on my melee that way when lvl10 was the cap a bunch of times. Even do it on my arcane now just because I dont like the pulling junk, on elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
    what about crippling strike?
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Yea because VoN6 was so hard.

People have freaking solo'd VoN6 dude.. A minor change like this won't prevent a group of 12 lvl10s from completing it. 2 rangers can easily do it without taking even agroing the mobs. Decent melees can just run in there and kill them. Decent arcanes can just crowd control and disintigrate them.. All valid, and more fun tactics then suicide to get the job done, and all doable by level 10s. Hell i've done it on my melee that way when lvl10 was the cap a bunch of times. Even do it on my arcane now just because I dont like the pulling junk, on elite.
    <nitpick>
    Not that I disagree with you, but disintegrate is a lvl6 spell. Last time I logged in, lvl6 spells were available at lvl11
    </nitpick>
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

LOL ok you learn something new every day So the current counting system for quests has a few bugs in it

I know until recently I was not able to do loot runs on the giant caves in Threnal because of my old computers poor graphics device ( very long story ) but I would get a run or tow in once in a while. There is the one cave that is an actual quest you get completion for doing ( you smash the crates along the way ) and I did it 1 time on Normal and Hard. Well now I have been doing it on elite and the first time I was in there on elite it showed I had never completed it before.

To me that means the counter was supposed to work by keeping seperate track of how often you ran the quest on each difficulty, but obviously from what others have said it is very hit and miss and once you get no more XP for a quest apparently the counter stops. I have never reached that point on any quest yet since as I said my poor performing graphics device on my old computer made loot runs of any kind almost impossible ( was an integrated graphics device with a max setting of 64MB of RAM )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast