Thread: Tempest Help

Default Tempest Help

OK So my 2nd Life Tempest is Lvl 18 - 12 Ranger / 6 Fighter and Not going to be Insta TRing upon hitting 20.

Elf Scimitar user.

What should I do with the final 2 Levels:

Ranger 14?
    Fighter 8?
    Something else - Don't say Monk!

Obviously Not Rogue either as I didn't take it at Lvl 1!

Hummm...

Ranger 14 will net you CSW and not much else. Fighter 8 gets another combat feat and a few more HP. It's a toss up depending on your play style and needs.

Interesting suggestions:

Palli 2, depending on alignment and charisma of course, for saves and a quick LoH.

Barb 2 for more PA, a tiny bit of rage and movement speed.

FvS or Cleric to open up Warpriest which has lots of goodies if you want to spend the AP.

I guess it all depends on what you want to do.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

If you're TRing as soon as you hit 20 then it's only the level 19 class that matters. Barb for movement bump (do they still get it at level 1?) Sorc/Wiz for level 1 arcane scrolls (most likely no use but hey it's an option!).

Personally I'd just add a couple of ranger or Fighter levels. As it's only for one level any additions are going to have minimal effect on anything you're running

EDIT: Ignore . I missed the rather important word "Not" in your OP....
    Last edited by Garix; 01-12-2014 at 09:38 AM.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I'd suggest either ftr 8 for extra feat & Keen Edge; or pal 2 for Div Grace (if LG ofc). Or maybe a cleric / FvS splash just for Div Might? Rgr 14 for a lvl 4 spell slot isn't bad; but I prefer rgr 15 as a stopping point (2nd lvl 4 slot & extra FE) and that's not an option in your case.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I'd suggest either ftr 8 for extra feat & Keen Edge; or pal 2 for Div Grace (if LG ofc). Or maybe a cleric / FvS splash just for Div Might? Rgr 14 for a lvl 4 spell slot isn't bad; but I prefer rgr 15 as a stopping point (2nd lvl 4 slot & extra FE) and that's not an option in your case.
    Actually took 20 a few minutes ago - 12 Ranger / 8 Fighter.

Did consider the Warpriest idea but went for the Fighter Feat and Spring Attack instead.

Thanks for the help guys.