Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Tome Use Accept Box

I've seen this mentioned on the boards before but last night it happened to me. I traded a +6 CON Ring for a +2 Dex tome I picked up during loot weekend. I went to the mail box, clicked on the tome and poof, its used. Thankfully, the guildie I'm trading to is very understanding, but now I've got a +2 DEX tome on my sorcerror!? I contacted in game support who said they counld not help me. (No surprise there.) I guess my click to drag and drop it to the mail was screwy and came up as double click instead of click <drag> and drop.

Can we PLEASE get a "Do you want to use this tome Yes/No" dummy box before tomes are applied given they are 100% permanent. This is no different that when you level up / are these the skills and feats you want?

I'm going back to my cave to cry.

-Pryn
    -Muykul

Playing DDO is like a love affair. If you don't take it seriously, it's no fun; if you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.

Sorry to hear about this but at least now I know to make sure to trade in person or have a tome mailed to the person I want to use it on.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Or at least an interuptable progress bar like when you recall which says "Reading tome...".
    Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga Nub View Post
    Sorry to hear about this but at least now I know to make sure to trade in person or have a tome mailed to the person I want to use it on.
    It could still happen in that case as you are trying to drag the tome from your inventory to the trade window.

I believe he was trying to send a tome to someone else and consumed it instead.
    Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

I agree we should have a confirmation box on tomes. Seems like a reasonable and (hopefully) easy to implement request.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddikulus View Post
    Or at least an interuptable progress bar like when you recall which says "Reading tome...".
    It takes up 48 hours over a 6-day (min) period to read a tome in PnP .. we should have a 48-hour progress bar when reading tomes, afterwhich it doesn't become active until another week has passed!

seriously, some sort of confirmation wouldn't be a bad thing to implement.
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

Bump. Agree. Dev's, small fix right?
    Home Town Stormreach, Sarlona
    Guild - The Misfits.

Kahil - lvl 12 Paladin/2 Fighter (Main)
    Alamitra - lvl 11 Paladin (Just Call him the Big Gimper)
    Vitiate - lvl 12 32pt Cleric
    Veracious - lvl 2 32pt Cleric
    Philodox - lvl 3 32pt Barbarian
    Coming soon an Arcane Spellcaster or another Paladin.

Sounds like a very reasonable request to me.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

yeah accidently ate one once put in my bank and it was still in the examine window when I went to leave later I realized I had used it was planning on using it on a new monk(when they get here) I had planned on making ahh well the +1 wis took my paly from 11 to 12 so it wasnt a total loss so a confirm would be nice

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Thanks for the love. Apparently its a bigger problem then just me.
    -Muykul

Playing DDO is like a love affair. If you don't take it seriously, it's no fun; if you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.

I don't get any tomes to worry about this, but i know several wizards with 9 strength now. Hurray for carry capacity.

Community Member

I think this is about the same as the issue with people selling items for vendors before the lock feature. There should be a fix, however at the same time people should just simply watch what they're doing.

Agreed. Confirmation box on consumables we can't get back is a good thing.

I mean, we have a confirmation on bound items, why not on non-removable items like tomes?
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka (Elf Tempest Trapper) .:. Darani (Aasimar Inquisileric) .:. Raelyth (Elf Artifonk)

havent done it myself but

/signed
    Vienemen 17 Human ArchWizard, 28 pt build approaching 3000 Flava
    Landerghast 17 Human Kensai Blender
    Wizards Handbook Vienemen's Vault

/agree

Default yeah

/signed

Never had the problem happen to me, but I am constantly worried I might do it to one of the 4-6 tomes I keep in the bank for new guys and trading purposes.

So on that note /signed

I agree whole heartedly.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Default Agreed

/signed
    PROUD LEADER OF BLACK MANTIS - Sarlona
    DDO Completionist-You Win DDO-You Lose Life
    NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE POWER

Community Member

Been there and done that myself. Fortunatly, the tome wasnt a waste.

Agree
    Exodus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast