PDA

View Full Version : 6 man dragon

Lerincho
02-15-2007, 06:22 PM
How? Well how I organize my group is not all that complicate, probably a better way to do it, but the people that i actually give the invites to, are people I can trust and know without direction what needs to happen. MUSTs for the 6 man are the obvious: 25 str (x2) 20 wis (x2) rogue (with range) and anything (with range). How you get that combination, completely up to what you are comfortable with.

Str, straight forward is the easiest to get, all tanks want to be the strongest possible. Plus rage stacks on top of str items and bulls str. 25 isn't that hard to hit.

Wis, this is the concern. If you don't have clerics you can count on for healing Easiest way 2 clerics, nothing to worry about if this is the way. Other ways, ranger/cleric hybrid, some pallies, select rangers. Unfortunately nothing enhances wisdom on top of wis items and owl's wisdom. 20 is all they need. (side note: wish this was back to the original INT rune, not Wis)

Note, it is possible for someone to do the rune or level and the range. Hard to time, but very possible. Every one knows how to split the party by this time anyways. The key that after right side clears their room, to open that door. (forgotten this twice). Once that door is open right runs back through lightning to the right side to be let in. For the pillars it is the weakest fighter/ranger and wizard. Both pillars CAN end up getting the chest, but most times people will think it isn't worth the 4 minute delay.

Addy boss. EVERYONE but the caster if you have one, surrounds equadistant as close to the boss as possible. Caster will get haste on everyone, be the one talk to the dwarf and just run for his life.

VON 5 is the only tricky part. VON6 is just simplified and less people waiting around while pillars are done.

VON6 - The bases and pillars. (The Dragon Diamond)
Upon entering 2 things can happen. 1 if you have someone that can range effectively can go just before the intersection and work the Flenzer pillar down. WHILE this is happening, you start one at a time heading to pitcher's mound from home plate (one at a time, the ranger does not effect the agro management). *Keep in mind Gil is always primary puller on the bases as I tend to have the most experience.* Most experienced, good agro awareness, and decent speed, will run the bases as they are most comfortable doing (First to 3rd or vise versa) and take all the agro to home plate, as far in as possible. After runner makes it past the first base (1st or 3rd depending on which way he want) will slowly follow behind the same path. If agro free when reaches first pillar, damage pillar to 5% (recommended not to use auto attack). Will continue on to second base and repeat process. If agro is drawn and the mephits is a plain mephit, kill it, it wont respond. When tank reaches second, you send the next around the bases, until finally all 3 people able to take down the pillars are in position.

VELAH (Kill!) To attack Velah:
Do not worry about hiding behind rocks. Just do the all your buff in the 'bucket'. If you want to play safe, have one cleric f4. Otherwise they need to get close enough to Velah during the charge where she will not range or buffet. Keys to remember on buffs, bard songs and good hope seem to last the longest. Both resist and protection from fire are musts. Everyone charges at the same time right at her, out of her sight, she spawns flenzeres and elementals.

Monday, Feb 5th - 22 minute run - I had the greater dragon bane bastard sword and lesser dragon bane short sword. It is the only time I wave dual wield.

Wednesday, Feb 14th - 16 minute run - No dragon bane weapons that I was aware. We did have 3 exceptional tanks. Because we had only one person able to rez we were very careful with him.

Uska
02-16-2007, 01:29 AM
We did the hero option and had 2 guys charge with a cleric healing each one of them the four of us not meleeing the dragon stood back and to the left and didnt get hit by fire once. We wand healed the tanks and didnt get any spawns. I think it was 17 minutes.
Our party
2 cleric
1 fighter
1 paladin
1 rogue
1 sorc
I

Stalker7d7
02-17-2007, 06:12 AM
Actually, a 4-man raid is possible...

2 wis guys, and 2 fighters(need good jump).
When the fighters pull the str lever, they have to immediately jump up with their bow out, target the target, and shoot it...

It will take a long time tho, knowing that the two on the left side will have to stand on the islands to let the guys on the right through...then whe nthe guys on right are done, go out, and over to left, and the guys on left jump back over(up(high jump+haste)) and let the two in. After a long time, you will be at the golem. Take it down, then go on to dragon. Get everyone the the shield, yada yada...good luck with velah!

Rabbi_Hordo
04-03-2007, 12:15 AM
We have 3, 4, and 5 manned the dragon so far.

3 man possible with the following combination, 2x Battlepriests and 1x Rogue ranger fighter. Had one battlepriest get all 3 things on right side once, took about 4-5 mins of trying just have to do perfectly.

4 and 5 the same, and a lot easier..

Also best tactic for the end golem is 14 blade barriers and a person dual wielding greater construct bane weaps. If you plan to 3 man it anytime soon. You just have to do 7 BB per cleric, and then have your high jump rogue/fighter smack him with some greater bane to finish him off. He is at about 1/5 life after the barriers are gone. Also without greater bane.. have a cleric continue to cast the scrolls throughout fight which takes him down too.

Hope this helps :]

stockwizard5
04-03-2007, 12:56 PM
We did 3 the other night - not particularly hard. Often run 4 with various combinations - easy.

isldur
04-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Using f4 is a exploit. Besides being very shameful

Everything else looks good.

stockwizard5
04-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Not the same but just for fun did Titan with 3 last night - the content really changes with different short raid makeups - so many ways to succeed :D or fail :eek:

Invalid_6
04-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Nice setup.

We usually go, 1 cleric, 2-3 tanks, 1 rogue, and 1 caster and/or ranger.

My rogue can get the 20 wis or we just bring in one of our cleric alts to help.

Works wonders for us and it seems to go well every time.

Crabo
04-11-2007, 09:53 PM
If you want to cheat have one cleric f4.
fixed.
Turbine, please fix the alt f4 exploit at dragon, also the cometfall exploit of titan and yea i guess you better take a look at the exploit in DQ where they stand just outside the circle so that she can't hit them.
Having the only 3 raids that are available to us right now all easily exploitable is not a good thing.
On a side note...anyone using these exploits, particularly the alt f4 one at dragon, really needs to take a look at their play skill , velah on normal takes under 30 seconds to kill as it is.

Crabo
04-12-2007, 05:29 PM
fixed.
Turbine, please fix the alt f4 exploit at dragon, also the cometfall exploit of titan and yea i guess you better take a look at the exploit in DQ where they stand just outside the circle so that she can't hit them.
Having the only 3 raids that are available to us right now all easily exploitable is not a good thing.
On a side note...anyone using these exploits, particularly the alt f4 one at dragon, really needs to take a look at their play skill , velah on normal takes under 30 seconds to kill as it is.

How did i know nobody would have a comment on this? Guess there is ALOT more people exploiting the raids than even i thought. Not one person from any server agrees? Thats shameful.

dinnothing
04-13-2007, 12:36 PM
I disagree with the cometfall one all together. there is 8 pillars and they are hard to use. if you miss 3 times you fail. and sorry its pretty easy to miss.

and since when is using a spell to knock something down an exploit?

its like saying using GREATER DRAGON BANE on the Dragon is an exploit, or firewall on mummies, hold monster on a monster, heal on a fighter.

Draclaud
04-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Actually pulling bases is a lame way to do it. Being forced to die multiple times to finish a quest is well...lame. A better wat to do it is what I call the sweet spot. First you'll need a mage or bard. Buff him/her to high heaven. That person runs past the elementals to second base. Run directly at the pillar then directly away from it as far as you can go. You can get up on the side of the base in a "sweet spot" where you'll be unable to get hit with the mele attacks. You'll still take damage from the earthgrabs so make sure you shieldblock or have plenty of pots but you shouldn't die. All the elementals and mephits will be aggroed on the mage/bard and won't bother someone whacking on the pillar. if they do, the the mage can casy a fireball wand to get the attention back. Then have a high AC Paladin(preffered) or Barb pull the flensers to home and run around in a circle staying alive. Drop the pillars. Everyone run to home and kill the flensers, then the mage/bard d-doors to home and you all can go whack the dragon and no silly pulling bases death. I've been doing this many times and on elite you may have issues getting earthgrabbed and killed b4 you get to second but on hard and norm it's cake. Best of luck...and don't pull bases...:D

DemonMage
04-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Freedom of Movement stops Earthgrab.

Crabo
04-15-2007, 08:38 AM
I disagree with the cometfall one all together. there is 8 pillars and they are hard to use. if you miss 3 times you fail. and sorry its pretty easy to miss.

and since when is using a spell to knock something down an exploit?

its like saying using GREATER DRAGON BANE on the Dragon is an exploit, or firewall on mummies, hold monster on a monster, heal on a fighter.

I am not sure what you are on about with the knock thing....i never mentioned knock once.
As far as you saying its difficult to hit the titan with the 8 pillars, it isnt, its very easy...just most people dont seem to know how or want to take the time to learn because it was so much easier to just cheat with the cometfall.

Spisey
04-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Actually pulling bases is a lame way to do it. Being forced to die multiple times to finish a quest is well...lame.

Who said if you pull the bases to home plate you have to die? I do this regularly and I am able to pull everything to home plate and haste and run in circles healing myself when necessary. As I have aggro the other fighters are able to go to the pilars and take them down and return to the dragon. Meanwhile, I clickie my solid fogs so I have time to place ck's around as I run. Kills everything but the earth elementals. They are even easier by just banishing them in melee and return to the rest of the party. Sheesh, people are so touchy. :D

Spisey
04-15-2007, 09:03 AM
I am not sure what you are on about with the knock thing....i never mentioned knock once.
As far as you saying its difficult to hit the titan with the 8 pillars, it isnt, its very easy...just most people dont seem to know how or want to take the time to learn because it was so much easier to just cheat with the cometfall.

And to this sorry man but mistakes happen. Guilds have people with varying level of raiding experience. Sh!t happens. Sometimes the best of coordination can go wrong. If the pillars go down, there should ALWAYS be alternative ways to get completion. This game IS based on PnP afterall. How many DM's do you know that try to make unescapeable situations only to have their player counterparts foil their entire night's plans with ingenious tactics. It is either that or they die and have to reroll. Tactics my friend. Everyone seems to have a sick and twisted idea of what an exploit is. You are at the top of that list it seems.

Draclaud
04-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Who said if you pull the bases to home plate you have to die? I do this regularly and I am able to pull everything to home plate and haste and run in circles healing myself when necessary. As I have aggro the other fighters are able to go to the pilars and take them down and return to the dragon. Meanwhile, I clickie my solid fogs so I have time to place ck's around as I run. Kills everything but the earth elementals. They are even easier by just banishing them in melee and return to the rest of the party. Sheesh, people are so touchy. :D

So when you kill them with your CK they pop back up at the bases to molest your pillar whackers. I suppose that way *could* work but you'd better be quick on the pillars.