PDA

View Full Version : TR and buying spells

Jaysun
12-11-2021, 08:29 AM
Is there anyway we can get an option to pay plat or astral shards to just "unlock" all our 1-7 spells as a wizard/arti/alchemist etc. Tring takes me an hour to scribe all these spells in. I understand the need to have a source to spend plat..so take my plat. Twice as much as I would pay doing it manually for all I care...just stop making me after to re-scribe on every iconic or heroic pastlife. Just ruins the flow of the game and experiencing for me and I assume others. Willing to pay astral shards also. When it says you can "pick" 2 spells during level up, have a button that turns that into paying astral or plat to increase that number to all the spells.

Please

Enoach
12-11-2021, 08:59 AM
I would love a way to write my entire spell book out and gift it to my next life, something bound to character.

As a note, I stopped inscribing every spell during my wizard's Racial Lives, instead I just go with theme/what I know I'll use. I also tend to grab spells of the next level just before I level to a new spell level. In the meantime, my other characters I run feed him random scrolls.

SoulDustar
12-11-2021, 09:02 AM
Perhaps a scroll binder like the litany of the dead sigil. Load up the scrolls and do a mass inscribe for shards or plat vs one by one inscribing so any in the binder would be able to be all inscribed at once

LurkingVeteran
12-11-2021, 09:46 AM
Perhaps they should just remove the inscribing and auto-grant all spells. It would be one thing if some scrolls were bound to account or rare raid drops, much like raid weapons, but they never went that route. I haven't done a wizard life from scratch in forever, but I wonder how intuitive it is for newbies or if all the hassle is really worth it from an immersion POV. If everybody just gets rare scrolls off the AH anyway, it seems like a pointless impediment.

Wahnsinnig
12-11-2021, 10:05 AM
This would be a nice quality of life improvement for anyone playing wizards, artificers or alchemists in DDO.

But it will never happen, because someone at Wizards will say that this is how these classes work in DnD, and SSG will not be allowed to change it, even though it would make sense in the game DDO is now.

Unfortunately for SSG Wizards have the final word on everything in DDO. I am certain there are many things the developers would like to change but they are not allowed to by Wizards.

LurkingVeteran
12-11-2021, 11:05 AM
This would be a nice quality of life improvement for anyone playing wizards, artificers or alchemists in DDO.

But it will never happen, because someone at Wizards will say that this is how these classes work in DnD, and SSG will not be allowed to change it, even though it would make sense in the game DDO is now.

Unfortunately for SSG Wizards have the final word on everything in DDO. I am certain there are many things the developers would like to change but they are not allowed to by Wizards.

I'm not convinced this would be a problem, they seem much more permissive these days. Even if it is, you could just have the level-up trainers mumble something about giving people scrolls to make it PnP legit.