PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Reaper bonuses not accessible to everyone

darkniteyogi
12-09-2021, 10:17 AM
So I need 2.5 million Reaper xp just to access this new feature.

This just makes it harder for solo players. I work hard for my reaper points and have accumulated 600k in 2 years. I guess I'll have to wait a few more years just to access this.
Won't this further divide the player base's power? Now it will be even harder for me to contribute to groups and join groups.

Shouldn't this feature be accessible to everyone?

Kebtid
12-09-2021, 10:25 AM
Sorry but 600 000 is below 25 reaper points.
I just want to ask, if specifically running reaper for 2 years and assuming at least reaper 4 since its the go to if you are at least bit a ok player how did you manage to accumulate only that amount of points?

You can get that over 1 weekend tbh. /:

Baahb3
12-09-2021, 10:32 AM
Have not been in the game yet. What currency is used for these reaper boni? And how much?

darkniteyogi
12-09-2021, 10:33 AM
I just want to ask, if specifically running reaper for 2 years and assuming at least reaper 4 since its the go to if you are at least bit a ok player how did you manage to accumulate only that amount of points?

So you solo reaper 4 leveling heroics? Assuming you're at least bit an ok player?

It seems like you're confused or being arrogant.

darkniteyogi
12-09-2021, 10:34 AM
Have not been in the game yet. What currency is used for these reaper boni? And how much?

if im understanding correctly based on Discord discussion, 1 reaper item gives 5 fragments, 1 mythic item gives 1 fragment. You need 100 to put your own bonus.
I may be mistaken as I have no access to the UI

donblas
12-09-2021, 10:35 AM
Is this because people who can crush R10 need more power?

Baahb3
12-09-2021, 10:35 AM
So you solo reaper 4 leveling heroics? Assuming you're at least bit an ok player?

No, you're confused or being arrogant.

Don't fret, typical "must play reaper 10 or you are a noob player/reaper 4 is the new normal!". Just ignore them, I try to.

Baahb3
12-09-2021, 10:37 AM
if im understanding correctly based on Discord discussion, 1 reaper item gives 5 fragments, 1 mythic item gives 1 fragment. You need 100 to put your own bonus.
I may be mistaken as I have no access to the UI

Not that I am anywhere near this but awesome, another currency to keep track of. Thanks for the response.

They should have made it cost reaper points/reaper XP.

SoulDustar
12-09-2021, 10:37 AM

No, you're confused or being arrogant.

I don't think that he is out of line at all I have over 700k on my first lifer that is maybe a year old. Heroic rxp is a waste of time its only for the challenge.

Tilomere
12-09-2021, 10:40 AM

No, because you also have to crunch 100 different extra reaper bonus items (loss of ~30k SXp) to get the materials to craft a single reaper bonus on a single item.

Baahb3
12-09-2021, 10:44 AM
No, because you also have to crunch 100 different extra reaper bonus items (loss of ~30k SXp) to get the materials to craft a single reaper bonus on a single item.

I thought reaper bonus on items could drop on any named item from a reaper quest. It did not have to be level 29 or 30. Pretty sure I have a heroic item with a reaper bonus on it. Or am I just mistaken?

GramercyRiff
12-09-2021, 10:48 AM

I could get 5 frags for a reaper stat helm level 5. It's the only item I found that would give 5 frags even though there are many things that supposedly give 5 frags in the UI. I haven't tested much. I logged off annoyed at the apparent cost.

100 reaper items is absurd of course. I hope something is not working right here or I'm doing something wrong. Twenty reaper items would be reasonable.

edit: Also yeah OP, gating this all behind 50 reaper points or whatever it is is bad. Exclusive design is awful.

darkniteyogi
12-09-2021, 10:53 AM
I don't think that he is out of line at all I have over 700k on my first lifer that is maybe a year old. Heroic rxp is a waste of time its only for the challenge.

In those 2 years, I have mainly done Reaper on Heroics only and I have stayed at cap for only a small amount of time. I have only stayed at cap farming Reaper XP for a total of about 2 weeks, doing R1 to R3. When I am ready to try a new build, I reincarnate. I am a solo player. Heroics, I only do R1-R3 as well.

Staying at cap is kind of boring. I understand this is the best way to farm RXP but that is not how everyone plays the game. I'd rather level up and do different builds.
It will at least be easier now as you are able to solo Reaper on Epics, unlike before.

Tilomere
12-09-2021, 10:53 AM
I could get 5 frags for a reaper stat helm level 5.

100 reaper items is absurd of course.

So um, reaper stat helms (rare affix) are approximately 1 in 10 reaper hats. Reaper items are approximately 1 in 20. So 100 reaper items (30k SXp worth of reaper items) represents farming 600k SXp worth of items to get materials to craft one reaper item bonus.

At 300 SXp/item and 40% chance of an item per quest on R10 you need to farm 2000 items and 5000 R10 dungeons. 5000 R10 dungeons is 25M RXp.

That should in theory give 100 reaper items, 90 of which are common and worth 1 point, and 10 of which are rare and worth 5 points, which will allow crafting 1.4 reaper affixes of choice. Which means we don't need 5k dungeons, we only need around 3600, or about 16M worth of reaper dungeons at cap.

Edit: corrected math to reaper affix drop rate of 5% of items, and for rare affix 10% guestimate rate.

darkniteyogi
12-09-2021, 10:56 AM
I thought reaper bonus on items could drop on any named item from a reaper quest. It did not have to be level 29 or 30. Pretty sure I have a heroic item with a reaper bonus on it. Or am I just mistaken?

correction. Regular reaper bonuses wc they call reaper junk loot is 1 fragment. The "helms" are 5 fragments.

nicklesmack
12-09-2021, 11:05 AM
So um, reaper stat helms are approximately 1 in 10M RXp. Reaper items are approximately 1 in 10. So 100 reaper items (30k SXp worth of reaper items) represents farming 300k SXp worth of items to get materials to craft one reaper item bonus.

At 300 SXp/item and 40% chance of an item per quest on R10 you need to farm 1000 items and 2500 R10 dungeons. So no, a 2.5M RXp person doesn't need access to this crafting.

Assuming you crunch every reaper item you get, you are looking at being able to craft a reaper bonus every 12M RXp or so. 80% less if items with new reaper bonuses are worth 5x more.

maybe the Tier I reaper vendor can 'sell' you another bank slot to hold all or reaper items that you will need to hold onto until you are 2.5m RXP LOL
I am 2 lives away from finally getting there, so not using those for sentient will definitely push the seams on my storage bags...or maybe have to buy another toon slot to hold onto all of the items

Cantor
12-09-2021, 11:09 AM
So um, reaper stat helms are approximately 1 in 10M RXp. Reaper items are approximately 1 in 10. So 100 reaper items (30k SXp worth of reaper items) represents farming 300k SXp worth of items to get materials to craft one reaper item bonus.

At 300 SXp/item and 40% chance of an item per quest on R10 you need to farm 1000 items and 2500 R10 dungeons. So no, a 2.5M RXp person doesn't need access to this crafting.

Assuming you crunch every reaper item you get, you are looking at being able to craft a reaper bonus every 12M RXp or so. 80% less if items with new reaper bonuses are worth 5x more.

These numbers are absurdly wrong for someone not sitting at cap farming rxp.

JOTMON
12-09-2021, 11:29 AM

This just makes it harder for solo players. I work hard for my reaper points and have accumulated 600k in 2 years. I guess I'll have to wait a few more years just to access this.
Won't this further divide the player base's power? Now it will be even harder for me to contribute to groups and join groups.

Makes sense, reaper crafting should take some investment to be able to achieve access..

Cant Cannith craft without crafting levels.
Cant get house P buffs without house P favor
Cant take higher tiers without achieving the level gating benchmarks..

If you can't achieve the benchmarks then you dont deserve to have access to the custom crafting.

Real solo players dont cry poor me i should get stuff for free, they suck it up and get it done... or join groups and enjoy the benefits of teamwork.
Even players with 0 reaper points still join groups and contribute just fine.

SpartanKiller13
12-09-2021, 11:43 AM

I don't suppose you do anything other than at-cap? For sure sitting at cap it's pretty fast to farm RXP but not everyone does that :p

R4 is go-to with a party with the ED pass, but it certainly wasn't for the past 2 years and certainly isn't for everyone soloing :) R1 is the go to for heroic leveling in most cases I see.

And I have access to the vendor, so it's not just like I'm asking for something I don't have lmao. Just not everyone plays DDO the same way.

Would you be fine with Reaper Bonus Crafting being restricted to 22m RXP+ where ya hit 150 points? There's quite a few players there at this point lol. You could definitely have earned that in 2 years by focusing R10's.

Ah, so only players that run RXP in epics are worth considering?

And yeah, one of my first-life raid alts has 350k RXP that I got exclusively before level 30 - but I was running with a party and just buffing/healing. Seems odd to expect someone to solo that though lmao.

These numbers are absurdly wrong for someone not sitting at cap farming rxp.

Yeah, especially if you ever run heroics or even epics :p if you're just running HE/EE to cap then farming R10 FTB's those numbers might line up but that's only a small chunk of the playerbase.

Makes sense, reaper crafting should take some investment to be able to achieve access..

Real solo players dont cry poor me i should get stuff for free, they suck it up and get it done... or join groups and enjoy the benefits of teamwork.

I mean I don't think anyone wants it to be free, but the Mythic/Reaper crunching seems like a cost to me, no? For Tilo it's 30k SXP, although that's only crunching ML30 stuff.

Players with 0 Reaper points can't get Reaper Crafting even if they can contribute just fine :p

Caarb
12-09-2021, 11:47 AM

Its fine to have high values if these are supposed to be chase items for people that have finished every other grind. The issue I have is the cumulative effect of these boni are too great to be chase items.

DarkSkysz
12-09-2021, 12:10 PM
I have 3m reaper exp (54 points) but even if I crunch every single reaper item I ever saw, I won't have enough to enchant a single item...

Those craft values are insane...

Ffs SSG... just let us buy reaper craft components with PLATINUM! Make tha **** currency useful at least once.

Alrik_Fassbauer
12-09-2021, 12:18 PM
Is this because people who can crush R10 need more power?

Seemingly yes.

songswrath
12-09-2021, 12:19 PM
I have 3m reaper exp (54 points) but even if I crunch every single reaper item I ever saw, I won't have enough to enchant a single item...

Those craft values are insane...

Ffs SSG... just let us buy reaper craft components with PLATINUM! Make tha **** currency useful at least once.

i 2nd this statement. just logged all 33 of my toons and i may have found 40 things i can crunch. make 20 or plat 100 is crazy

nicklesmack
12-09-2021, 12:21 PM
BTW, joking aside, i think this is a good idea in principal.

does anyone know if reaper bonus can be added to helms for the ability bonus?

SpartanKiller13
12-09-2021, 12:23 PM

If a lot of Reaper stuff is 5 frags, it seems a bit more reasonable? Not sure what decides if stuff is 1 or 5 though given this thread. Also being able to crunch Mythic bonus items will surely help a bunch :)

I'm pretty fine with it being real grindy otherwise it'd be immediate and done, but I do want it to be doable :)

shores11
12-09-2021, 12:24 PM
It's OK that a game like DDO has multiple levels of game achievements. I don't have 2.5 million reaper points yet either but I look forward to gaining that at some point to have this feature. I don't think this divides the player base at all.

erethizon
12-09-2021, 12:27 PM

Cant Cannith craft without crafting levels.
Cant get house P buffs without house P favor
Cant take higher tiers without achieving the level gating benchmarks..

If you can't achieve the benchmarks then you dont deserve to have access to the custom crafting.

It makes sense you cannot craft. It does not make sense that you cannot turn in items for ingredients. You should be able to do that on day 1 of a first life rather than storing them forever. Even first day crafters can break items down for crafting materials.

erethizon
12-09-2021, 12:29 PM
This new system sucks for getting good loot to wear as now people will be even less willing to pass named loot with bonuses that they don't need.

SpartanKiller13
12-09-2021, 12:29 PM
It makes sense you cannot craft. It does not make sense that you cannot turn in items for ingredients. You should be able to do that on day 1 of a first life rather than storing them forever. Even first day crafters can break items down for crafting materials.

I just sorta assumed by the time you had enough you'd be far enough along likely so I don't know why you can't just craft from day 1.

What, you pulled dozens of Reaper boost items while still only having 10 Reaper points? Ok, go for it lol.

caellwin
12-09-2021, 12:30 PM
i crunched 10 various reaper items, they all gave only the 1 fragment. not sure what gives the actually 5 fragments that is in the UI. At that rate i might have 20 reaper fragments if i crunch everything.
100 is too much at the rate it is currently giving out.
if it was that 1 per mythic and 5 per reaper item then that wouldn't have been so bad.

SoulDustar
12-09-2021, 01:10 PM
In those 2 years, I have mainly done Reaper on Heroics only and I have stayed at cap for only a small amount of time. I have only stayed at cap farming Reaper XP for a total of about 2 weeks, doing R1 to R3. When I am ready to try a new build, I reincarnate. I am a solo player. Heroics, I only do R1-R3 as well.

Staying at cap is kind of boring. I understand this is the best way to farm RXP but that is not how everyone plays the game. I'd rather level up and do different builds.
It will at least be easier now as you are able to solo Reaper on Epics, unlike before.

I used to dislike cap and have found it worthwhile for gaining rxp and gaining epic past lives vs heroic or racial past lives for my builds. I have been soloing reaper on my main at around 30pts or so and it has only gotten easier with the latest updates.

Ah, so only players that run RXP in epics are worth considering?

And yeah, one of my first-life raid alts has 350k RXP that I got exclusively before level 30 - but I was running with a party and just buffing/healing. Seems odd to expect someone to solo that though lmao.

Hmm I don't think it is odd at all I drag all my alt accounts along for my R5 heroic lives now I usually lose interest around around 250k heroic rxp its just such a slow slog. At 250k rxp per life it only takes less than a dozen to open up that vendor I guess they could at some point allow for other ways to access the vendor they chose rxp so what I cannot access it right now either and could care less at this point. It might be a different story if I could add the reaper stat boost to my helms. What am I going to miss a +4 to some melee, ranged, spell power, MRR, PRR, or whatever other tiny boost that will allow me to kill a mob or a boss what .00000001% faster. Game breaking I am going to have to file a ticket to get access to that kind of power.

droid327
12-09-2021, 01:10 PM
Yikes. I was worried how they were going to implement it, and this is worse than I feared...it's so elitist and exclusionary, basically if you aren't in the subset of players who enjoy high level reaper groups - and running the builds that can handle that - then you're a second class citizen of the game.

Might as well call this system Jim Creaper...

Also just wait until the power gamers invest in a few pieces and then the meta shifts and they start screaming for full refunds or bonus transfers so they aren't "forced to throw out" their investment

Also also, watch for L7 vet alts now just parked to farm super quick low level quests like keep and harbor for easy cheap reaper items

Oxarhamar
12-09-2021, 01:15 PM
Yikes. I was worried how they were going to implement it, and this is worse than I feared...it's so elitist and exclusionary, basically if you aren't in the subset of players who enjoy high level reaper groups - and running the builds that can handle that - then you're a second class citizen of the game.

Might as well call this system Jim Creaper...

Also just wait until the power gamers invest in a few pieces and then the meta shifts and they start screaming for full refunds or bonus transfers so they aren't "forced to throw out" their investment

Yep if you are running Legendary R10 you can just ignore it

Also another discussion happening on discord and information being brought to the forum by players more of same

Blerk
12-09-2021, 02:10 PM
My main gripe with this system is how it pits players against each other to make progress. It's the same problem we had with sentient xp, which was only partially alleviated by adding SXP gems.

It would have been much better if there was a chance of getting a shard in chests when running on reaper difficulty. That way we wouldn't have to make the decision about whether to pass gear to others or hoard it for ourselves.

Please stop adding systems that encourage selfish play. I don't want to play a game that means I have to stop helping others to make my own progress.

SpartanKiller13
12-09-2021, 02:12 PM
Hmm I don't think it is odd at all I drag all my alt accounts along for my R5 heroic lives now I usually lose interest around around 250k heroic rxp its just such a slow slog. At 250k rxp per life it only takes less than a dozen to open up that vendor I guess they could at some point allow for other ways to access the vendor they chose rxp so what I cannot access it right now either and could care less at this point.

So you multibox and are carrying your alts? Or are you soloing R5 with your alt accounts?

It might be a different story if I could add the reaper stat boost to my helms. What am I going to miss a +4 to some melee, ranged, spell power, MRR, PRR, or whatever other tiny boost that will allow me to kill a mob or a boss what .00000001% faster. Game breaking I am going to have to file a ticket to get access to that kind of power.

Putting MP boost on a full ML5 (largely Feywild) set for like 30 MP? Yeah that's definitely nothing, will increase your clear speed by .00000001% lmao. Hell I'd take +30 MP at cap quite happily :)

Better yet if you mostly farm the items you want you can Reaper boost items that already have Mythic and get Mythic/Reaper boosted items.

erethizon
12-09-2021, 02:15 PM
My main gripe with this system is how it pits players against each other to make progress. It's the same problem we had with sentient xp, which was only partially alleviated by adding SXP gems.

It would have been much better if there was a chance of getting a shard in chests when running on reaper difficulty. That way we wouldn't have to make the decision about whether to pass gear to others or hoard it for ourselves.

Please stop adding systems that encourage selfish play. I don't want to play a game that means I have to stop helping others to make my own progress.

This is definitely the part of the system that I hate the most. Upgrade items should simply drop in the quest (either from chests or like mysterious remnants do). Making us destroy gear that other people might need is a terrible system. It was bad enough with sentient experience but now people will be specifically targeting items that dropped with the best bonuses.

Wahnsinnig
12-09-2021, 02:16 PM

No. Why should it be?

I think this is nice and cool and a good addition to the game.

I see a lot of people complain about it, as they can not get everything they want immedeately.

I think it is a good thing that you have a long term goal to work for. If you dont think it is worth it you dont have to do it.

erethizon
12-09-2021, 02:25 PM
No. Why should it be?

I think this is nice and cool and a good addition to the game.

I see a lot of people complain about it, as they can not get everything they want immedeately.

I think it is a good thing that you have a long term goal to work for. If you dont think it is worth it you dont have to do it.

The harder it is to earn something the more unwilling I am to spend the currency. I don't want to add a Reaper Bonus to item X because I cannot be certain I will still be using item X for enough years to justify the expense of upgrading it (since I then lose all the ingredients and cannot upgrade something that turns out to be more valuable later). And considering all the gear we use, there are a lot of things to upgrade. It isn't a long-term goal. I will literally die of old age before I have enough components to upgrade even 10% of the gear that I use. And to be clear, I'm not using the word literally figuratively. I actually mean that. That isn't not getting everything we want immediately. That is not getting anything we want ever. Add to that the bigger problem that this encourages party members to destroy good loot rather than share it with others and the result is that getting loot with any bonus at all is now harder than ever.

There are a lot of ways to design an upgrade system. Destroying loot that other party members need should never be one of them. That is the worst part of the Sentient Experience system and now they just made it a whole lot worse.

droid327
12-09-2021, 02:43 PM
This is definitely the part of the system that I hate the most. Upgrade items should simply drop in the quest (either from chests or like mysterious remnants do). Making us destroy gear that other people might need is a terrible system. It was bad enough with sentient experience but now people will be specifically targeting items that dropped with the best bonuses.

Rems should just BE the upgrade currency

Dunno why they have to introduce a new currency to grind and take up bag space for every new thing they add to the game. All it does is make currencies worthless once you're finished with the one thing they're good for. Having a plenary currency with broad intrinsic value makes the game better, not oversimplified. They seemed to kinda catch on with Threads, but that's really more about just gating stuff behind raiding

Hawkwier
12-09-2021, 02:46 PM
100 reaper items to enchant a single item?!!? For a bonus that is marginal at best. And one that can become redundant with gear evolution to boot.

What genius came up with those economics?

Having trawled through all my bank toons I've found 43 reaper bonus items.

That's after playing at cap and pretty much exclusively in reaper, other than raids, for YEARS.

You must be flaming on something if you think I'm gonna bother with anything at these prices folks.

A grind is one thing, this is completely flaming deranged.

Surely to Crom someone has made a miscalculation here - either that or they've been listening to the discorderati too much for their own sanity.

10-20 items or 1-2 helms for an item-helm is reasonable. More than that is taking the proverbial. 100 is just flaming deranged. In fact it's an insult.

droid327
12-09-2021, 02:58 PM
100 reaper items to enchant a single item?!!? For a bonus that is marginal at best. And one that can become redundant with gear evolution to boot.

That's after playing at cap and pretty much exclusively in reaper, other than raids, for YEARS.

You must be flaming on something if you think I'm gonna bother with anything at these prices folks.

Surely to Crom someone has made a miscalculation here - either that or they've been listening to the discorderati too much for their own sanity.

10-20 items or 1-2 helms for an item-helm is reasonable. More than that is taking the proverbial. 100 is just flaming deranged. In fact it's an insult.

Average time to earn one item upgrade > average useful lifespan of items, ignore the upgrade mechanic

Mythic worth one point, reaper worth five, both 10, helm 25, mythic helm 100

nicklesmack
12-09-2021, 03:10 PM
Average time to earn one item upgrade > average useful lifespan of items, ignore the upgrade mechanic

Mythic worth one point, reaper worth five, both 10, helm 25, mythic helm 100

Mythic - One Point PER mythic bonus maybe....not all are created equal after all. I would rather keep that duplicate +4mythic leg snowscale than burn it for 1/100th of a Reaper item bonus just in case i can use it on another alt later or for gear swapping when new cool augments are introduced...unless mythic and reaper bonus's are going to be made more prevalent with the update?

Valerianus
12-09-2021, 03:13 PM
The harder it is to earn something the more unwilling I am to spend the currency. I don't want to add a Reaper Bonus to item X because I cannot be certain I will still be using item X for enough years to justify the expense of upgrading it (since I then lose all the ingredients and cannot upgrade something that turns out to be more valuable later). And considering all the gear we use, there are a lot of things to upgrade. It isn't a long-term goal. I will literally die of old age before I have enough components to upgrade even 10% of the gear that I use. And to be clear, I'm not using the word literally figuratively. I actually mean that. That isn't not getting everything we want immediately. That is not getting anything we want ever. Add to that the bigger problem that this encourages party members to destroy good loot rather than share it with others and the result is that getting loot with any bonus at all is now harder than ever.

There are a lot of ways to design an upgrade system. Destroying loot that other party members need should never be one of them. That is the worst part of the Sentient Experience system and now they just made it a whole lot worse.

...then you are not the target audience for it. (me neither btw)

it's for the endgame high-reaper crowd (with this i mean fast paced\less time + highest setting\chance for loot) BUT at the same time heavy re-rollers, players that don't mind burn a real lot of shards to have the best and now + elixir of discovery available. and after weeks (not years), new gear\new build, do it all again. this is not a bad thing, it's a way to play and have fun if it is your cup of tea. we are talking about cash here dude! and even if they are not spending that much, at least there's a system to upgrade the gear that does not involve randomness, but an extreme grind. i bet for such players it is preferable a plan, a defined grind, no matter how extreme, they'll figure out how to do it, instead of a frustrating random.

also you know, there is a sink. you know, time sink, plat sink...this is gear sink (sorta sent food). but it has a good thing: you can find something "valuable for you" anywhere, if you have everything already (not my case).

edit, oh, i forgot, the target audience i was talking about, they don't really need this, but hey, having the best and being achievers may also be fun. let the players that have fun this way have it.

Monkey_Archer
12-09-2021, 03:19 PM
So I was told there would be a reaper crafting system added to this update. Where is it? I went to the reaper trainer and couldn't find it. All he said was this funny joke about grinding literally 6000 quests for a chance to get a single upgrade.

So when is the reaper upgrade system being added? Next update?

Kraki
12-09-2021, 03:32 PM
Instead of gating access to the crafting UI, add a set of reaper tokens that are "Free" to buy for certain levels of Reaper points that are required for crafting X recipe. You can then have people with no/few reaper points able to crunch down items and save components for later.
Heavens forbid they even look at the recipes? Half of DDO (and DnD!) is metagaming to find the perfect or perfect for our character!
You can then also feel free to add as many XP gates or P2W buttons as you'd like at that point.

As for the snark about git gud or whatever from certain people, it's completely uncalled for. It's honestly this mentality why I run solo or with my friends 99% of the time.

DrawingGuy
12-09-2021, 03:38 PM
While I think cannibalizing reaper gear to make other gear reaper makes sense, I don't think we really needed another named item sink. The exponential cost scaling of Sentient already does this, and between people needing gear, needing sentient food, or sentient food for swaps and alts, pretty much only a 'one percenter' party won't need something already. I was hoping for a plat cost. Wings/eyes are purely cosmetic once per life things for people with tons of reaper XP. They are not true plat sinks, and having something like this were there would be many items existing and future ongoing items to sink plat into, it may be enough to revitalize the AH economy.

Of course this is exasperated by the fact of the absurd costing. Seriously, ONE HUNDRED items for a single one? Or I guess you can save by crunching 20 reaper stat helms instead... these numbers just don't make sense. Moving a matching stat type over for 1 to 1 makes sense (maybe with a plat or thread cost added). 5 to 1 is a realistic exchange rate on high quantity high turnaround items. 10, okay. 20, you're getting very grindy, but something people are willing to do. 100 is, yeah, 99% of the pop will take years to get one item.

I'm hoping they re-evaluate the costs here.

As for the 2.5 million reaper XP needed to access the vendor, mixed feelings on that. I do agree with the concept of gating - after all this is reaper stats from reaper. However what percentage of the population has 2.5mil+ reaper xp? As the reaper system has been around for years, if a vast majority of players fall short, then that poses this may be too exclusive of a system. There is also the issue of reaper XP being character bound rather than account bound, so any player that has alts can face a pretty high bar to be able to upgrade any of their BtC raid gear. I don't have the numbers, but I suspect that Tier 1 vendors (625k) would be a gate that is realistic for the general populace.

Note that this is not a personal "I can't afford it" whine. I'm a hoarder and have years worth of gear that I could crunch, and my main toons have access. At "true end game" there comes a point where you'll pay any price for even a miniscule power increase, but leave that for remnant tomes or something. I appreciate the addition of purchasable Reaper boosts, especially as one that loaths RNG only systems. But please don't make precious reaper and mythic gear into a hyper high cost greed system.

DarkSkysz
12-09-2021, 03:48 PM
does anyone know if reaper bonus can be added to helms for the ability bonus?

Yes you can add any bonus (old and new) to any item if you pay the huge price for it.

If a lot of Reaper stuff is 5 frags, it seems a bit more reasonable? Not sure what decides if stuff is 1 or 5 though given this thread. Also being able to crunch Mythic bonus items will surely help a bunch :)

So far only helms are worth 5 frags, every thing else I tried was 1.

Blerk
12-09-2021, 03:58 PM
Do we know if adding a reaper bonus to an item scrubs any mythic bonus already on it?

Would be nice to get clarification on this before paying the huge cost for an upgrade.

erethizon
12-09-2021, 04:03 PM
So I was told there would be a reaper crafting system added to this update. Where is it? I went to the reaper trainer and couldn't find it. All he said was this funny joke about grinding literally 6000 quests for a chance to get a single upgrade.

So when is the reaper upgrade system being added? Next update?

I really hope we can create enough of a backlash to get them to change this. We do NOT need more motivation to destroy gear that other members of the party need. The sentient experience system is already a big problem but this makes it that much worse because now ONLY good gear is targeted for destruction.

This needs to be scrapped and replaced with either an item drop (reapers can drop reaper remnants when killed) or chest loot. If they can add copper/silver/gold coins to every chest in the game at the flick of a switch they can do the same thing with reaper tokens.

SpartanKiller13
12-09-2021, 04:03 PM
So far only helms are worth 5 frags, every thing else I tried was 1.

I'm hoping there's more than just that, maybe new reaper bonus items or stuff that drops post-update is worth more (to reduce hoarding value)? Gonna be rough if it's 100 per lmao.

red_kain
12-09-2021, 04:05 PM
I'd love to see these reaper fragments purchasable by twists of fate. I like the addition but the costs/materials for crafting could be improved.

slarden
12-09-2021, 04:45 PM
I would think getting the items necessary to upgrade an item would require close to 2.5MM RXP so I don't think it's an issue for most people. It is definitely an issue for people with many alts in the stable that have accumulated more than 2.5MM rxp in total, but not on a single character. I don't know how common that fact pattern is since most people gave up on alts.

I think I've pulled seven reaper stat helms now and given away three of them to people I thought would make better use of them. Under this system it's very unlikely I'd want to be that helpful again.

Agree, when grouping I've mostly passed items with good reaper bonuses unless it's something I needed. That won't happen in the future because of the frequency of gear changes and the low drop rate of reaper ability bonuses on helms. Although there are several new abilities on different items and I assume all those better items can be crunched for 5 instead of 1.

Many systems like remnants people complained about the cost/drop rates when new and years later people have 100k in their account bank.

Assassination
12-09-2021, 04:54 PM
This may be the most stupid system ever created. Congratulations SSG, in a year full of stupidity, you have managed to one up yourself with this new system. I have over 100 reaper pts and do not have enough items to craft one reaper stat item.

Absolute garbage system. Who is this for?????

Blerk
12-09-2021, 04:58 PM
This may be the most stupid system ever created. Congratulations SSG, in a year full of stupidity, you have managed to one up yourself with this new system. I have over 100 reaper pts and do not have enough items to craft one reaper stat item.

Well, it's the same company if not the very same people who initially thought using raid loot in cannith crafting would be a good idea. Sure, farming Titan for Chattering Rings so I can craft some ammunition sounds like a GREAT IDEA.

Mercifully that stupidity was shouted down at the time as I hope this will be too. Adding reaper bonuses to items is something the community has wanted for a while, but this implementation takes corrupt-a-wish to a staggering new level of awfulness.

CeltEireson
12-09-2021, 05:02 PM
I would think getting the items necessary to upgrade an item would require close to 2.5MM RXP so I don't think it's an issue for most people. It is definitely an issue for people with many alts in the stable that have accumulated more than 2.5MM rxp in total, but not on a single character. I don't know how common that fact pattern is since most people gave up on alts.

Well some of us still like to run alts so yeah its something that people with more than a few characters that they play are going to be locked out of generally (though Im sure there are a few who've got numerous alts AND high level reaper experience on some of them). Wish there was some way they could reward playing alts like a bonus to exp/rexp for a shortish duration per week per character or something. Having said that even if they did there still be plenty of 'elite' players who will always be way out in front in terms of character development no matter what.

Oxarhamar
12-09-2021, 05:35 PM
And with that U51 is forgotten

Ulfo
12-09-2021, 07:21 PM

Lol, my situation is diametrically opposite - my most advanced toon has about 22-23 reaper points (because it's my way to play), but as a dedicated trader I already have enough items with mythic/reaper bonuses on all my twinks (include 7 ability helmets) to create at least one, maybe two items right now.

So it's really imbecile crafting system: who have points, not have enough mats, and vv. Really, i wanna know designer who count this system as good and implement it into live. It need be heavily adjusted with both issues - too high entry threshold one hand and absolutely ridiculous mats requirements - other.

Cernunan
12-09-2021, 07:26 PM
Maybe a solution is to allow mythic bonus items to be used for trade in, as they have a much higher drop rate.

slarden
12-09-2021, 08:00 PM
1) Returning weapons don't work with the vendor.
2) Be careful when batch processing a bunch of items. Once you get over 100 if you accidently put in an item without a reaper bonus you may spend the 100 shards in your bank if you aren't paying close attention. I may or may not know someone that did this whose forum name rhymes with flarden - or at least that is my working assumption since all I know is I am about 100 short. A warning message for crafting might be helpful.

Marshal_Lannes
12-09-2021, 09:50 PM
This is actually a great thing for those with under 50 reaper points. Why? Because remember those R10s are too easy posts you were starting to see? The top 1% of reaper players were getting bored/antsy/annoyed that R4 had become the new R1. They were soon going to start demanding harder reaper. Now that really would hurt someone with 10 reaper points. But now? Now they can chase the 100 items they need. They don't want a harder difficulty to do that. They want to zerg through reaper dungeons as fast as possible. So now there will be no cries for tougher reaper and, since R4 is the new R1, anyone under the threshold of 50 reaper points will hit the mark in relatively short order.

A sneaky great compromise has been established.

Seph1roth5
12-09-2021, 10:23 PM
Garbage system, the cruncher should at least be open to all. Utterly insane to expect people that don't mainline high reapers to just hoard reaper items for months/years so that when they hit 50rp they can start breaking them down.

Blerk
12-09-2021, 10:30 PM
This is actually a great thing for those with under 50 reaper points. Why? Because remember those R10s are too easy posts you were starting to see? The top 1% of reaper players were getting bored/antsy/annoyed that R4 had become the new R1. They were soon going to start demanding harder reaper. Now that really would hurt someone with 10 reaper points. But now? Now they can chase the 100 items they need. They don't want a harder difficulty to do that. They want to zerg through reaper dungeons as fast as possible. So now there will be no cries for tougher reaper and, since R4 is the new R1, anyone under the threshold of 50 reaper points will hit the mark in relatively short order.

A sneaky great compromise has been established.

So the huge decrease in likelihood that you and anyone else is ever going to be passed reaper or mythic bonus loot again doesn't bother you at all? Hoarding by the game's wealthiest players for the win, I guess, and screw you cooperative play and helping newer players.

Nor is the issue of r10 being too easy for some players solved by this at all. Those players will make their reaper stat helms and weapons quickly and then get right back to complaining about the game being too easy. And this is a real problem by the way, having too low a ceiling on difficulty affects population and spending on the game.

You really need to make the leap in your reasoning to get beyond this 'if veteran players don't seem to like it, it must be good' mentality. It would help you see things more clearly and vastly improve the quality of your commentary on these forums.

Oxarhamar
12-09-2021, 11:03 PM
So the huge decrease in likelihood that you and anyone else is ever going to be passed reaper or mythic bonus loot again doesn't bother you at all? Hoarding by the game's wealthiest players for the win, I guess, and screw you cooperative play and helping newer players.

Nor is the issue of r10 being too easy for some players solved by this at all. Those players will make their reaper stat helms and weapons quickly and then get right back to complaining about the game being too easy. And this is a real problem by the way, having too low a ceiling on difficulty affects population and spending on the game.

You really need to make the leap in your reasoning to get beyond this 'if veteran players don't seem to like it, it must be good' mentality. It would help you see things more clearly and vastly improve the quality of your commentary on these forums.

Absolutely

The game has been moving farther and farther away from having a trade economy from no unbound loot in ages and now all these aditional item sinks on top of the bloated platinium sinks for wings or resets & it's the same players who claim those are ok that think this is a good idea too

But what was better was when loot was tradeable and or when loot was traded in chest at least now its just another loot to feed situation

Reaper bonus items and Mythic bonus items should not feed Reaper crafting they should be left to be traded in chest we dont need more personal sinks we need a better comunity economy getting players exchanging things and putting things on the AH etc

Also more ingredients without increasing storage yeah

nicklesmack
12-09-2021, 11:24 PM
I really hope we can create enough of a backlash to get them to change this. We do NOT need more motivation to destroy gear that other members of the party need. The sentient experience system is already a big problem but this makes it that much worse because now ONLY good gear is targeted for destruction.

This needs to be scrapped and replaced with either an item drop (reapers can drop reaper remnants when killed) or chest loot. If they can add copper/silver/gold coins to every chest in the game at the flick of a switch they can do the same thing with reaper tokens.

REAPER REMNANTS - SOOOO MUCH YES! the higher the skulls the bigger the remnant drop. Hell they can even sell reaper remnant pots to make more reel cash if they want.

they can even keep the crunch system in play (as long as they open the gate to crunching, even if the buying is still on the 2nd vendor)

dredre9987
12-09-2021, 11:30 PM

Um, my loot is my loot...

Marshal_Lannes
12-10-2021, 12:06 AM

I've already won DDO. A feat told me so. It's always been about the journey, not the destination. People shouldn't stress about what will happen at 50 reaper points and enjoy the ride up there. Pretty soon you realize you're really good at reaper and that in itself is better than any marginal buff to an item.

Blerk
12-10-2021, 12:33 AM
Um, my loot is my loot...

Sure, and I imagine based on that principle you'd refuse the offer of a reaper stat helm from someone else.

You know, because my loot is my loot too and I shouldn't be giving it away to people who can make better use of it.

I've already won DDO. A feat told me so. It's always been about the journey, not the destination. People shouldn't stress about what will happen at 50 reaper points and enjoy the ride up there. Pretty soon you realize you're really good at reaper and that in itself is better than any marginal buff to an item.

You keep ignoring the core issues here, such as cooperative play and the importance of giving the most committed players something to do. Try to see beyond the game as it affects you only right at this moment.

dredre9987
12-10-2021, 12:44 AM
Sure, and I imagine based on that principle you'd refuse the offer of a reaper stat helm from someone else.

You know, because my loot is my loot too and I shouldn't be giving it away to people who can make better use of it.

Do whatever you want with your loot but if it rolls under my name don’t try and tell me I should give it to someone who can better use it. That is mine to do whatever I want with. You are free to do whatever you want with yours. I’m certainly not going to ask for it or feel entitled to it if I can use it better than you.

Entitlement is a serious problem nowadays it seems.

Blerk
12-10-2021, 12:51 AM
Do whatever you want with your loot but if it rolls under my name don’t try and tell me I should give it to someone who can better use it. That is mine to do whatever I want with. You are free to do whatever you want with yours. I’m certainly not going to ask for it or feel entitled to it if I can use it better than you.

I haven't told you what to do with your loot. What I did say is this is an anti-sharing mechanic, and I think that is a bad thing. If you don't that's fine.

On my server among the circle of endgame players I run with there's a very cooperative attitude to sharing loot and it benefits everyone. If you want to squat in your 'my loot is my loot' hole that's fine, but life actually get a lot easier when people are prepared to share. For example, I see no point in hoarding rare filigrees I'll never use, so when someone I don't actively dislike says they need one, I usually offer it up.

These same sharing people tend to notice others who are always taking everything for themselves. Funnily enough, the non-sharers find it harder to get loot passed to them, nor do they get same number of people offering to help them when they need that augment, filigree or want some other form of help.

Each to their own I guess.

Wahnsinnig
12-10-2021, 01:09 AM
On my server among the circle of endgame players I run with there's a very cooperative attitude to sharing loot and it benefits everyone. If you want to squat in your 'my loot is my loot' hole that's fine, but life actually get a lot easier when people are prepared to share. For example, I see no point in hoarding rare filigrees I'll never use, so when someone I don't actively dislike says they need one, I usually offer it up.

You know, every time something new has been added to the game then we have seen these posts here on the forum. After a while it has died down, as nothing changed in game. Nice people that shared their items continued to be nice people and share their items, people that for whatever reason always takes their loot continued to do that.

And the same thing will happen now. Stop working yourself into a rage over nothing.

Do not call people greedy or selfish when you dont know anything about the person playing a character you think is greedy or selfish. Because you have no idea about who the player is and why they do what they do in game.

LavidDynch
12-10-2021, 06:54 AM

I bet a lot of players dug into their banks and came out with their mouths formed like a birdhouse. Who is this headache inducing system aimed for?

Perhaps they plan to increase the droprate of Reaper-items? Why is the material BTA? Why not include mythic items?

Hawkwier
12-10-2021, 06:58 AM
I've got 43 Reaper items - 42 now as I tried one out.

About 10 of those I will want to keep for tetris reasons anyway.

So 33 items, about a third of the way to getting enough to add a single bonus.

I've been playing this game for 12 years now. So another 24 to make an item.

Very likely I'll be dead before that happens. Certainly be long dead 36 years later for a second one.

Absolutely deranged economics.

I'm not doing this stuff until whatever lunatic came up with it comes to their senses.

Airmaiden
12-10-2021, 08:01 AM

I Agree, this system is not going to be any good.

ideas that would make it better :

1. Make the reaper boost "remove able"....THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEM!
100 Frag= Reaper Stat Helm
50 Frag= any other boosts

3. Make the vendor accessible to anyone (regardless of Reaper points)

SpartanKiller13
12-10-2021, 08:16 AM

Agree, when grouping I've mostly passed items with good reaper bonuses unless it's something I needed. That won't happen in the future because of the frequency of gear changes and the low drop rate of reaper ability bonuses on helms. Although there are several new abilities on different items and I assume all those better items can be crunched for 5 instead of 1.

Many systems like remnants people complained about the cost/drop rates when new and years later people have 100k in their account bank.

I'm not sure if I'm just in the opposite corner of the world but 2.5m RXP is a lot to most of DDO's playerbase AFAIK. Also to upgrade 8 items = 20m RXP at that rate and that's fine to you - just for one character?

I'd like more than one Reaper bonus item on more than one character lmao.

And that, no more passing Reaper bonus items. Not so good. Just drop BtA frags when a Reaper bonus item drops, so I can pass the item but keep the frags lol.

LavidDynch
12-10-2021, 08:25 AM
I'm not sure if I'm just in the opposite corner of the world but 2.5m RXP is a lot to most of DDO's playerbase AFAIK. Also to upgrade 8 items = 20m RXP at that rate and that's fine to you - just for one character?

And that, no more passing Reaper bonus items. Not so good. Just drop BtA frags when a Reaper bonus item drops, so I can pass the item but keep the frags lol.

No need to have this gating or even this discussion with the current set up. OP will never reach one upgrade at his pace, if he got lucky he can´t even sell those 1-2 ingreds that he might obtain. Clearly, this system isn´t for him.

Kielbasa
12-10-2021, 08:26 AM
The new system is silly and there to fuel shard rolls. For the people who already have everything its another hamster wheel for them to chase after. The positives are that technically everyone now has a chance to make a stat helm for cap and low level one for leveling. It will also be a nice use of low level reaper items that would otherwise provide little sentient xp for my gems. Its not a perfect system but at least we are no longer held hostage to a random roll of the loot dice to get the reaper helm we want. Now they just need to roll out a mythic upgrade system that is hopefully less bonkers than this one.

Airmaiden
12-10-2021, 08:31 AM

I do not think they need to adjust the frags for a Reaper Stat helm......let's say you farm a reaper stat helm (Fey water quest).....if you do not get lucky and pull one....after approx 400 runs, you can craft one (so guaranteed that eventually, you will get it).

But, for the other Reaper boost items, the frag amount could be 50.

ALSO, as i mentioned above, this Reaper Power boost MUST be able to be remove able and swapped to another item in the future (like say.....next June when level increases and new raids come out).

portcityguy
12-10-2021, 08:40 AM
Don't fret, typical "must play reaper 10 or you are a noob player/reaper 4 is the new normal!". Just ignore them, I try to.

^this... all day this

LavidDynch
12-10-2021, 08:45 AM
The new system is silly and there to fuel shard rolls. For the people who already have everything its another hamster wheel for them to chase after. The positives are that technically everyone now has a chance to make a stat helm for cap and low level one for leveling. It will also be a nice use of low level reaper items that would otherwise provide little sentient xp for my gems. Its not a perfect system but at least we are no longer held hostage to a random roll of the loot dice to get the reaper helm we want. Now they just need to roll out a mythic upgrade system that is hopefully less bonkers than this one.

Understatement of the year..

I wonder how many people reached the upgrade for even one item, and that is after years of farming. I think it´s technically more of a chance for people to jump to the moon and take a big bite of the cheese that it could be made of... Who pushed this?

erethizon
12-10-2021, 09:55 AM

Entitlement is a serious problem nowadays it seems.

Your attitude is perfectly acceptable, but part of good game design is finding ways to make it so that people with your attitude are still willing to share. This is why most raid loot in most games is bound to character and worthless if you are not going to use it. They made a huge mistake when they designed the Sentient Experience system because they added a strong incentive for people to behave in a more selfish manner and this new system compounds that first mistake. The goal should be cooperative game design and the way you do that is by not strongly encouraging selfish gameplay (which is what this new system and the sentient system have done).

Cantor
12-10-2021, 10:12 AM

I like the idea of reaper remnants, relates it more to actual difficulty, not just fast farming easy stuff. Having them come from reapers seems better.

erethizon
12-10-2021, 10:16 AM
You know, every time something new has been added to the game then we have seen these posts here on the forum. After a while it has died down, as nothing changed in game. Nice people that shared their items continued to be nice people and share their items, people that for whatever reason always takes their loot continued to do that.

And the same thing will happen now. Stop working yourself into a rage over nothing.

Do not call people greedy or selfish when you dont know anything about the person playing a character you think is greedy or selfish. Because you have no idea about who the player is and why they do what they do in game.

That is not accurate at all. When they added the Sentient system it became dramatically harder to get end game loot. It isn't impossible. Some people are still willing to share. But the number of people that instantly looted every named item the moment it dropped increased significantly because they added a huge motivation for not sharing your otherwise unneeded loot (especially end game loot).

This system makes it worse. While we all need sentient experience, under the old system some people would still offer up the items they got with Mythic or Reaper bonuses just because it seemed like such a waste to destroy them for sentient experience when someone else might need them. Well now we have a new system designed to break people of that habit by ONLY rewarding the destruction of gear with extra bonuses. They are literally targeting the people that used to be willing to share such gear by making sure they cannot participate in this new reward system unless they stop sharing their good gear with others. If something drops with no bonuses and no one wants it (because we are all looking for gear with bonuses) that gear won't help anyone with this new reaper system. Only destruction of the best gear lets you participate in this new reaper bonus system. That is terrible game design and it needs to go. Not only do we need Reaper Remnants to drop from kills, but they need to remove this way of getting reaper tokens so that they are not actively discouraging cooperative play.

nobodynobody1426
12-10-2021, 10:39 AM
I like the idea of reaper remnants, relates it more to actual difficulty, not just fast farming easy stuff. Having them come from reapers seems better.

Yeah some type of shard / material that is dropped from regular reaper monsters would be best, or even as an extra drop item inside a chest. It's almost is if someone had the great idea of a reaper bonus crafting system, then another set of persons said "hold up, we need to slow this down" and implemented the insane costs.

Kelledren
12-10-2021, 11:17 AM
Yeah some type of shard / material that is dropped from regular reaper monsters would be best, or even as an extra drop item inside a chest. It's almost is if someone had the great idea of a reaper bonus crafting system, then another set of persons said "hold up, we need to slow this down" and implemented the insane costs.

I do love the idea of reaper fragments dropping instead. That said if someone needs a named item with reap bonus (and I don’t) I would still pass it to the need in favor of getting 1 stupid frag. Not everyone will, but I think a healthy amount of players still will. As it stands, think running lowest level reaper quests and using shard Re-rolls there (3 shards a pop) will prob become a thing to get your pieces. I would like to see the reaper stat boost helms go up to at least 10, prob 50 better (never seen one in a chest), and the items go to at least 2 fragments, prob 5 better.

clagor
12-10-2021, 12:27 PM
In general I love the idea of reaper bonus crafting and first thought we get something like the slavers mythic bonus upgrades. (https://ddowiki.com/page/Slave_Lords_Crafting)
But only reading (because I am a casual player with only ~2m RXP so far) and not seeing that I have to crunch 100 items with reaper bonus to get a new reaper bonus is very disappointing.

I play this game, because I like the cooperative playstyle and I am also willing to pass named loot to other players.
Having reaper remnants (similar like mysterious remnant) dropping from reapers only would be the best option to gather crafting materials.
From my perspective, all three different reaper vendors should have the possibility to craft/add reaper bonuses to named items.

Raven Queen Messenger (625,000 Reaper Experience), or 25 reaper points
Raven Queen Augur (2,500,000 Reaper Experience), or 50 reaper points
Raven Queen Herald (5,625,000 Reaper Experience), or 75 reaper points

Based on the reaper vendor you should have the following options to craft/add reaper bonuses to named items.
(reaper difficulty https://ddowiki.com/page/Reaper_difficulty)

Raven Queen Messenger -> +1 bonus (MP/RP/SP/PRR/MRR) +1 bonus (Abilities on helmet)
Raven Queen Augur -> +3 bonus (MP/RP/SP/PRR/MRR) +2 bonus (Abilities on helmet)
Raven Queen Herald -> +5 bonus (MP/RP/SP/PRR/MRR) +3 bonus (Abilities on helmet)

Depending on a possible drop rate of a reaper remnant: e.g. 100% chance of 1 reaper remnant if modified quest level greater or equal character level.
(similar like mysterious remnant https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Mysterious_Remnant)

100/300/500 reaper remnants for +1/3/5 bonus (MP/RP/SP/PRR/MRR)
200/600/1000 reaper remnants for +1/2/3 bonus (Abilities on helmet)

These are my thoughts and what I like to see implemented in the future.
I hope that meets also the expectations of most of the DDO player base!

dredre9987
12-10-2021, 01:08 PM
Your attitude is perfectly acceptable, but part of good game design is finding ways to make it so that people with your attitude are still willing to share. This is why most raid loot in most games is bound to character and worthless if you are not going to use it. They made a huge mistake when they designed the Sentient Experience system because they added a strong incentive for people to behave in a more selfish manner and this new system compounds that first mistake. The goal should be cooperative game design and the way you do that is by not strongly encouraging selfish gameplay (which is what this new system and the sentient system have done).

It is not that I am unwilling to share, it is the fact that people seem to feel entitled to something that benefits them even though it didn't drop for them. The game rolls for you, you shouldn't feel like what rolls for me is better for you than me. Perhaps it fits my raid alt. Perhaps I can get benefit from it. Perhaps I can sell it. Entitlement is a bad thing.

dredre9987
12-10-2021, 01:09 PM

This 1000%

Vannessya
12-10-2021, 01:51 PM
This new feature is only available to a small number of players.
Players that only run 1 or 2 characters.
This again shows how hurtful it is to run multiple characters in DDO now.

If that feature would be available at the 1st vendor, that would be useful to at least a larger amount of players.
The best would be, to be more inclusive and making it available to everyone.

This decision is very hard to understand and it is seen to show a very punitive attitude from those who made that design decision.

Monkey_Archer
12-10-2021, 02:50 PM
I do not think they need to adjust the frags for a Reaper Stat helm......let's say you farm a reaper stat helm (Fey water quest).....if you do not get lucky and pull one....after approx 400 runs, you can craft one (so guaranteed that eventually, you will get it).

I might be confused on your meaning here, but I don't see where the 400 number comes from.

The chance to pull an item on reaper is 33%, the chance that an item will have a reaper bonus is ~5%. That's up to 6000 regular chests per 100 fragments, not 400. (or ~4600 if you run r10). Assuming 10 minutes per quest, that's around 1000 hours of nonstop farming per upgrade.

If you go full pay to win, rerolling every chest on r10, it will only be around 200 hours and ~$2000 in astral shards :rolleyes: good luck!

SpartanKiller13
12-10-2021, 03:19 PM
I might be confused on your meaning here, but I don't see where the 400 number comes from.

The chance to pull an item on reaper is 33%, the chance that an item will have a reaper bonus is ~5%. That's up to 6000 regular chests per 100 fragments, not 400. (or ~4600 if you run r10). Assuming 10 minutes per quest, that's around 1000 hours of nonstop farming per upgrade.

If you go full pay to win, rerolling every chest on r10, it will only be around 200 hours and ~$2000 in astral shards :rolleyes: good luck!

If you're gonna farm for literally half a work year, I'd like to hope you instead save 800 hours and buy some rerolls? I know it's not always an option, but you could literally pick up a part-time job, work for a few hundred hours, and come out ahead both in cash and in hours vs running 1k hours of quests.

Flip side that's work not DDO hours, but still...

droid327
12-10-2021, 03:20 PM
This 1000%

This 0%

We actually have concrete evidence of the opposite - when Sentience was first released, the same argument was made...it gave people disincentive to share, and to hoard named items to feed their jewels. Their fears were proven completely justified, because that's just what happened. The only reason people went back to sharing is because they made SXP easier to acquire and people started maxing out their jewels, and thus didnt need to hoard anymore.

However, there's no way people are going to max out their entire gearset with full Reaper bonuses, ever, so this system's effect on coop gameplay wont be ephemeral like Sentience was.

Also, its not about individual players being selfish or generous, at all. No one feels "entitled" to someone else's loot, that's a straw man and a bad-faith argument. The issue is creating a system that discourages sharing on a macro scale...you're not entitled to anyone else's loot, but its nice when someone does pass you something you need and they dont. The chances of that happen fall essentially to zero with this update, because of the active disincentive the devs have made.

Ganak
12-10-2021, 03:21 PM
Cost to get Fragments of Reaper Power are excessive at first glance. Having another thing to collect and store is a negative. Would have been better to do some really high mysterious remnant count for turn in or threads, to reinvigorate something already there.

There is something about putting up loot for roll that is good for community, teamwork and positive vibes--i.e. why many play the game.

I love pulling a meaty mythic or reaper bonus item and putting it up for roll. I love putting up for roll because it makes me feel good, and my unabashed self interest has me enjoying other people put up things I can use for roll.

Please consider adding an alternative to this dynamic.

Airmaiden
12-10-2021, 03:29 PM
This 0%

We actually have concrete evidence of the opposite - when Sentience was first released, the same argument was made...it gave people disincentive to share, and to hoard named items to feed their jewels. Their fears were proven completely justified, because that's just what happened. The only reason people went back to sharing is because they made SXP easier to acquire and people started maxing out their jewels, and thus didnt need to hoard anymore.

However, there's no way people are going to max out their entire gearset with full Reaper bonuses, ever, so this system's effect on coop gameplay wont be ephemeral like Sentience was.

Also, its not about individual players being selfish or generous, at all. No one feels "entitled" to someone else's loot, that's a straw man and a bad-faith argument. The issue is creating a system that discourages sharing on a macro scale...you're not entitled to anyone else's loot, but its nice when someone does pass you something you need and they dont. The chances of that happen fall essentially to zero with this update, because of the active disincentive the devs have made.

The below statement if false!

Most of the gear I have on my number 1-3 toons have Reaper/ mythic on them. About 2-3 items on my alts do not have both, but my main has all except 1 (Magewright Goggles).....and they can not even be added to. (when i put them in crafter, it says (no matches found).

erethizon
12-10-2021, 07:35 PM
It is not that I am unwilling to share, it is the fact that people seem to feel entitled to something that benefits them even though it didn't drop for them. The game rolls for you, you shouldn't feel like what rolls for me is better for you than me. Perhaps it fits my raid alt. Perhaps I can get benefit from it. Perhaps I can sell it. Entitlement is a bad thing.

I can appreciate that and do agree with you that entitlement is a bad thing.

As a whole, animals are naturally selfish. I'd appreciate it if they designed the game in such a way as to not actively encourage this behavior. The best way to get people to pass gear is to make it completely useless unless you actually want to use it. In other words, no sentient experience and, ideally, no value when sold to a merchant. This would allow even selfish people to pass things simply because the goodwill earned from passing it is worth something and the item is completely worthless otherwise. This game just keeps making more and more steps in the wrong direction and feeding the less helpful parts of natural human psychology.

Oxarhamar
12-10-2021, 08:36 PM
I can appreciate that and do agree with you that entitlement is a bad thing.

As a whole, animals are naturally selfish. I'd appreciate it if they designed the game in such a way as to not actively encourage this behavior. The best way to get people to pass gear is to make it completely useless unless you actually want to use it. In other words, no sentient experience and, ideally, no value when sold to a merchant. This would allow even selfish people to pass things simply because the goodwill earned from passing it is worth something and the item is completely worthless otherwise. This game just keeps making more and more steps in the wrong direction and feeding the less helpful parts of natural human psychology.

One of my favorite things to do in the game is pass loot or join loot farm runs just to increase the chances of the item coming up

I agree that this does not rewards sharing is caring gameplay

Kelledren
12-10-2021, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=Ganak;6487653]Cost to get Fragments of Reaper Power are excessive at first glance. Having another thing to collect and store is a negative.

A small part of thinks this might be an attempt to reduce player inventory- right now I save ALL reaper boosted items unless I already have one of the same kind.

But honestly think it would be faster to farm a specific quest on mid skulls and try to get your item to drop with bonus rather than try to pull 100 random items.

Tilomere
12-10-2021, 10:39 PM
But honestly think it would be faster to farm a specific quest on mid skulls and try to get your item to drop with bonus rather than try to pull 100 random items.

5% drop rate of item you want x 5% drop rate of reaper bonus on that item x ~10% rate of a rare reaper affix on that reaper bonus = .025% drop rate, will drop once every 4,000 chest/rerolls, at 8/week will be 500 weeks, or roughly ten years. Hahahah. Welcome to DDO, where the drop rates are measured in decades!

So um, reaper stat helms (rare affix) are approximately 1 in 10 reaper hats. Reaper items are approximately 1 in 20. So 100 reaper items (30k SXp worth of reaper items) represents farming 600k SXp worth of items to get materials to craft one reaper item bonus.

At 300 SXp/item and 40% chance of an item per quest on R10 you need to farm 2000 items and 5000 R10 dungeons. 5000 R10 dungeons is 25M RXp.

That should in theory give 100 reaper items, 90 of which are common and worth 1 point, and 10 of which are rare and worth 5 points, which will allow crafting 1.4 reaper affixes of choice. Which means we don't need 5k dungeons, we only need around 3600, or about 16M worth of reaper dungeons at cap.

Ahh it makes sense now from a mathematical point of view. They balanced the crafting and farming of a particular reaper rare affix item that you want to be even.

blarhblarhblarh
12-11-2021, 12:09 AM
This is not a terrible mechanic.

The terrible thing is that they didn´t update the quest chain end reward to give players at least one item with reaper so this 100 number could be achievable. Right now it´s not.

100 items with reaper bonus means over 1000 named items that means at least 2k-3k opened chests.

This is for ONE item. It´s worse than slave lords from back in the day. It´s worse than that draconic armor that had random stats after creating it. It´s worse and harder to achieve than six piece green steel set. And the worse of the worse is: The players that can achieve it don´t need it. Or will have over 200 reaper points after finishing this grind.

So congratulations SSG for ending friendship in item pass that used to be one of the best things that united the comunity.

Kelledren
12-11-2021, 08:51 AM
5% drop rate of item you want x 5% drop rate of reaper bonus on that item x ~10% rate of a rare reaper affix on that reaper bonus = .025% drop rate, will drop once every 4,000 chest/rerolls, at 8/week will be 500 weeks, or roughly ten years. Hahahah.

Tilo- is that last 10% multiplayer for a reaper boosted helm in particular, or new rare reaper affixes (don’t know even what these are yet)? If straight up farming item reaper boosted, not rare affix, then 2.5% not terrible.
As I am unable to talk to vendor (3 characters in mid 30s for rps) I’m not sure if the 100 frags is for rare reaper affixes only.

Thanks

Peter_Principle
12-11-2021, 10:41 AM
If you're seeing "people think they own my stuff" or "people want to force me to give away my items that I want" when people are actually saying "players are going to naturally shift behavior in response to the incentives of this new mechanic", it might be time for some self-reflection.

Oxarhamar
12-11-2021, 10:44 AM
If you're seeing "people think they own my stuff" or "people want to force me to give away my items that I want" when people are actually saying "players are going to naturally shift behavior in response to the incentives of this new mechanic", it might be time for some self-reflection.

Indeed

noinfo
12-11-2021, 11:19 AM
This new feature is only available to a small number of players.
Players that only run 1 or 2 characters.
This again shows how hurtful it is to run multiple characters in DDO now.

If that feature would be available at the 1st vendor, that would be useful to at least a larger amount of players.
The best would be, to be more inclusive and making it available to everyone.

This decision is very hard to understand and it is seen to show a very punitive attitude from those who made that design decision.

You can have multiple characters and still have access to the vendor.

L0LL0san
12-11-2021, 02:33 PM

Please speak for you

droid327
12-11-2021, 03:04 PM
Please speak for you

Again...this update wasnt designed for you personally and exclusively. You are a person, not people. The issue with the system is its effects on the majority of players, even if some lie beyond the norm.

Most players are not going to ever approach 100% max reaper/mythic gear. And even players that do will still have to replace pieces occasionally as new gear is created and the meta shifts, so they still have an ongoing incentive to hoard reaper gear until at least 100 tokens, to be able to immediately upgrade a new item whenever one comes out.

Oxarhamar
12-11-2021, 03:11 PM
Again...this update wasnt designed for you personally and exclusively. You are a person, not people. The issue with the system is its effects on the majority of players, even if some lie beyond the norm.

Most players are not going to ever approach 100% max reaper/mythic gear. And even players that do will still have to replace pieces occasionally as new gear is created and the meta shifts, so they still have an ongoing incentive to hoard reaper gear until at least 100 tokens, to be able to immediately upgrade a new item whenever one comes out.

I'll be putting the reaper bonus on my lowbie Helm where it will be the most use and not wasting it on gear that will be irrelevant in x updates

Unless the upgrade is swappable it's going to be a hard time placing it on something that won't stay BIS for long