PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break from ddo for a ridiculous reason

ChaosBuddha
12-06-2021, 04:38 PM
Shadar-kai chain is so much fun, its by far my favorite build in all my years playing ddo.

BUT shadar-kai running animation so fooking annoying/ugly, like a hyperactive bouncing ball, its driving me nuts to no end i just cant take it anymore.

i tried very hard to work wraith form, shadow form and celestial spirit into my build, basically anything that can give me the floating animation instead of this ugly af run but it was not to be.

i don't want play other builds because i love chains too much but i don't want play chains because i hate the run too much, so I'm gon take a break until something more fun than chains comes out or when ssg finally decides to update the old human/shadar-kai animation. peace

Baahb3
12-06-2021, 10:37 PM
You are not the only one to shelve characters because of bad movement animation or even the look of the character model.

PDK is just horrible. The female model is palatable but the male model is just horrendous.

Dragonborn run is beyond bad. Then if you wear a robe the tail makes it a tent sticking out the ass end. If your outfit is pants, the tale goes away, why not for robes?

The attack ready pose with a bow is hilariously bad. And the cross over feat movement in that pose is the sprinkles on the cake.

Cannot comment myself on the Shadar-kai as I don't have one, but there are plenty of bad model/movements in this game that should be addressed.

magaiti
12-07-2021, 02:54 AM
bow animation is good if you want to roleplay Kung Jin /s

ChaosBuddha
12-07-2021, 03:15 AM
You are not the only one to shelve characters because of bad movement animation or even the look of the character model.

yeah, they updated half-elf's face so maybe they will do some more.

Valerianus
12-07-2021, 05:22 AM
it's not that ridicolous you know.

i play my main only and a seldom used alt always parked at cap to support\healing. a fvs arcane archer. well i really don't like the new-ish running animation with bow and it bothers me a lot. i should sooner or later do some respec that's due after the epic feats\destiny changes, or a epic tr, e.g. that char had the mass frog feat...but i can't put my mind on it...and i realized after those animation changes i never played it. can't stand that running.

ChaosBuddha
12-07-2021, 11:48 AM
it's not that ridicolous you know.

haha thx good to know I'm not that crazy

Amorais
12-07-2021, 12:00 PM
haha thx good to know I'm not that crazy

Absolutely not ridiculous.

I dont play PDK's because they look like some freakishly warped human thing that is pretty disturbing to be honest.

I don't play Repeater Artificers because that plonk-plonk-plonk drives me out of my mind. I also don't group with artificers for the same reason.

ChaosBuddha
12-07-2021, 01:15 PM
I dont play PDK's because they look like some freakishly warped human thing that is pretty disturbing to be honest.

yeah pdk is pretty bad, u also cant turn into a bear to hide ur ugliness, i tried that once and 1/3 my screen is just a bear's ass, same with halforc

magaiti
12-08-2021, 01:17 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThLCfNAHLWe_-tPeAMogSehhxatiFrF4j46Q&usqp=CAU

GramercyRiff
12-08-2021, 01:26 AM
this is one of the more legit reasons to take a break imo