PDA

View Full Version : Getting in line for connection

Steven
12-02-2021, 02:58 PM
Why as a VIP are people seeing this. It's bad enough the hardcore servers and experiencing massive lag spikes left and right but as a VIP I definitely should not have to wait in line to connect.

archest
12-02-2021, 04:03 PM
Why as a VIP are people seeing this. It's bad enough the hardcore servers and experiencing massive lag spikes left and right but as a VIP I definitely should not have to wait in line to connect.

This is not Disney land where you can pay to butt in front of the line lol. ( honestly why anyone puts up with privileged lines at Disney I will never ? )
its not a handicap parking spot either.
or or it's not a....

Epicsoul
12-02-2021, 04:04 PM
This is not Disney land where you can pay to butt in front of the line lol.
its not a handicap parking spot either.
or or it's not a....

It's literally advertised as a VIP perk.

krimsonrane
12-02-2021, 04:21 PM
It's literally advertised as a VIP perk.

The lag and issues in HC are gamebreaking. Yesterday we lagged out for 5 minutes in quest. Fortunately no monsters were around. And this is the second time I couldn't leave a quest after completion and had to "get in line" after a forced close. I know its not my system. I'm rolling with a new Omen. You can't plan for lag. So I get the feeling the HC server isn't really ready.

Epicsoul
12-02-2021, 04:23 PM
The lag and issues in HC are gamebreaking. Yesterday we lagged out for 5 minutes in quest. Fortunately no monsters were around. And this is the second time I couldn't leave a quest after completion and had to "get in line" after a forced close. I know its not my system. I'm rolling with a new Omen. You can't plan for lag. So I get the feeling the HC server isn't really ready.

Yeah, I've heard it's terrible. I'm starting in a few hours. I'm trying to prepare for the eventual lag wipe.

fatherpirate
12-02-2021, 04:38 PM
I think I posted somewhere that they should fix everything before starting HCL 5 .... lol
... and I like HCL.

SO ... there is game lag and then new content lag
AND THEN - [drum roll please] HCL5 lag

everything stops, say ****, finish last swig from soda can,
walk over to frig, get new soda, drop on floor, pick it up,
put it back in frig and grab a different can, go back to computer,
open soda, take a swig, check to see if anything is moving yet.
and wait longer.

kind of lag.

one of those, I told you so, kinds of things.
SSG was not not ready for this.
This is what you get when accounting is in charge.

Kovalas
12-02-2021, 05:36 PM

It's because of the sheer volume of players that are quitting and relogging at the same due to the nonstop server wide lockups.

fatherpirate
12-02-2021, 09:51 PM
It is basically a mess.

magaiti
12-03-2021, 01:46 AM
https://ddowiki.com/page/Account_comparisons

Login queue: This feature was disabled almost immediately after DDO went free to play due to being very buggy. It's unlikely it will ever be put back in since the servers very rarely fill. If they do become full, VIPs get an error "Server is full" and cannot log in exactly the same as free players.