PDA

View Full Version : Shiradi / DI nuker - spells to use?

mikarddo
11-24-2021, 04:28 PM
Which spells do you use for best dps from a Shiradi / DI nuker build?

I am curious about any class but playing a sorc myself.

Meteor Swarm + DBF + Energy Burst (or do you use the Dragon Breath or the Vortex version?) seem core on a Fire Sorc. Is Chain Missile or Magic Missile worth using again? What else is good to get the dps out of the Shiradi procs?

akiraproject24
11-24-2021, 05:54 PM
Which spells do you use for best dps from a Shiradi / DI nuker build?

I am curious about any class but playing a sorc myself.

Meteor Swarm + DBF + Energy Burst (or do you use the Dragon Breath or the Vortex version?) seem core on a Fire Sorc. Is Chain Missile or Magic Missile worth using again? What else is good to get the dps out of the Shiradi procs?

That past life wizard mm used to be pretty sweet on shiradi. Probably gets lucky quite a bit still

jskinner937
11-24-2021, 06:30 PM
Chain Missles with mobs only
MM, Meteor Swarm for single target and mobs
Arcane Tempest Maybe as well not sure about that one.

Best if want most use of and energy vortex is to go Evocation AM. Grab SLAs through core 3 for another MM and CM cycle. And take the mental toughness, imp and epic for extra crits for procs. Fully meta the SLAs and maybe deep into epics and legendaries fully meta the regular spells as well.

Frost Lance and Scorching Ray are worth a look as well.

ChaosBuddha
11-24-2021, 08:04 PM
Ice Storm

jskinner937
11-24-2021, 08:56 PM
Ice Storm

Ice storm only triggers on first damage proc. It’s not a shirardi spell.

ChaosBuddha
11-24-2021, 10:14 PM
Ice storm only triggers on first damage proc. It’s not a shirardi spell.

sad

droid327
11-25-2021, 12:43 AM
I would imagine a pure nuker would want the range of cone shape dragon breath even if vortex is better dps. If youre gonna be in aura range then death aura+lda will give you lots of passive proc chances

Scorching ray is also a multi hit spell for the rotation that I believe will beat the 0.1 sec cd on shiradi proc

jskinner937
11-25-2021, 01:57 AM
I would imagine a pure nuker would want the range of cone shape dragon breath even if vortex is better dps. If youre gonna be in aura range then death aura+lda will give you lots of passive proc chances

Scorching ray is also a multi hit spell for the rotation that I believe will beat the 0.1 sec cd on shiradi proc

Yeah back in the shirardi wizard days, I use to spam scorching ray fully meta’ed with master of fire for full nukage.

Marshal_Lannes
11-25-2021, 06:56 AM
Other than the standard spells, I feel the rotation is different for Shiradi and Draconic. For example - Shiradi procs on Wall of Fire and Disco Ball so combining those two leads to a horde of Shiradi hits. Draconic benefits greatly from fire and forget mechanics - spells such as Burning Blood, Enervation, and Fear are amazing Draconic spells. I'm not sure if Master of Fire SLA Scorch/Ash and Fireball lean one way or the other. If you're a Tiefling sorcerer and make Acid like Fire then spells like Acid Fog and Acid Rain benefit from Shiradi procorama (although you still need an acid spell crit item). Acid Fog lasts a long time but generally only works where mobs are immobilized or are going to be in a stationary position. Chain missiles are ideal for the Draconic mantle because for low spell cost you're certain of triggering a massive mantle hit. I always go breath now over burst/vortex in Draconic because it's a forward-firing weapon. Burst relies on you being in close combat range which is more problematic these days without meld. I don't think vortex is a good choice for a caster. Might be more useful for an arcane warrior type. Black dragon bolt is another good Draconic mantle spell if you're using the others.

mr420247
11-25-2021, 10:02 AM
Alch ain't bad for it either fiery oblit sla and the multivial sla with all your regular aoe dps rotations and your elemental dot with the mm sla for raid bosses

6 sp oblit usually 1 shots packs with just the added light damage now drac was way too buggy i went ea tier 5 for the free intensify and max dcs and better raid healing