PDA

View Full Version : Does Inquisitive "Dual Shooter" enhancement still work if I equip/use a rune arm?

WaxonJaxov
08-01-2021, 02:45 PM
Title pretty much says it. 11/1 Ranger/Arti build (so far). I'm currently using a heavy non-repeating crossbow and the Dual Shooter enhancement in Inquisitive tree. If I take Arti2 and equip a rune arm, will I still get the Dual Shooter benefit or would I end up with a single non-repeater for my main weapon and the rune arm for secondary? Thanks.

byzantinebob
08-01-2021, 02:50 PM
Yes but the crossbow in the left hand will do weird things and disappear into the rune arm. It is a purely visual bug.

WaxonJaxov
08-01-2021, 03:40 PM
Yes but the crossbow in the left hand will do weird things and disappear into the rune arm. It is a purely visual bug.

Well that's just fantastic! It's like getting 3 weapons. Thanks :)

Valerianus
08-01-2021, 03:53 PM
you are doing it right, arti 2 splash is really nice for inqui builds

cause free rapid reload feat, mandatory for any crossbow user, conjure bolt spell, and yea, runearm use, it's 1 more piece of gear + more dps. and last but not least, trapping skills.

i'm no build expert, but afaik, inquisitive builds always splash 2 or 4 arti levels.

Gnominal_Aphasia
10-11-2021, 10:10 AM
you are doing it right, arti 2 splash is really nice for inqui builds

cause free rapid reload feat, mandatory for any crossbow user, conjure bolt spell, and yea, runearm use, it's 1 more piece of gear + more dps. and last but not least, trapping skills.

i'm no build expert, but afaik, inquisitive builds always splash 2 or 4 arti levels.

You can also add in the Artificer's pet as a good utility (solo door/lever opener etc).

HOWEVER, I am planning a future Alchemist Inquisitive [Vile Chemist] for next year (after update 51+) and I'd probably opt for 2 levels of Rogue for synergy with Insightful Reflexes and Evasion; so perhaps NOT always an Arti splash.

Stoner81
10-11-2021, 10:42 PM
You can also add in the Artificer's pet as a good utility (solo door/lever opener etc).

HOWEVER, I am planning a future Alchemist Inquisitive [Vile Chemist] for next year (after update 51+) and I'd probably opt for 2 levels of Rogue for synergy with Insightful Reflexes and Evasion; so perhaps NOT always an Arti splash.

Alchemist at level 12 can take the Liquid Luck feat which grants Evasion. So splashing 2 Rogue isn't worth it (imho) since 2 Arti will give you all the trapping skills, free ranged feats and a lever puller. Plus the Conjure Bolts spell which is pretty much required(?) on an Inquisitive (you can use action points to get it from the tree but most people do not do that).

Stoner81.

NemesisAlien
10-12-2021, 01:00 AM
Alchemist at level 12 can take the Liquid Luck feat which grants Evasion. So splashing 2 Rogue isn't worth it (imho) since 2 Arti will give you all the trapping skills, free ranged feats and a lever puller. Plus the Conjure Bolts spell which is pretty much required(?) on an Inquisitive (you can use action points to get it from the tree but most people do not do that).

Stoner81.

Wish they make the bolts like AA arrows, 1000 bolts just isnt enough.
And you always end up trying to cast bolts mid combat.

Stoner81
10-12-2021, 09:11 AM
Wish they make the bolts like AA arrows, 1000 bolts just isnt enough.
And you always end up trying to cast bolts mid combat.

Been asking for it since forever pretty much and no dice on it all :(

I usually make about 16K bolts when I log in so I don't run out.

Stoner81.