PDA

View Full Version : Returning player (7 years) how do i level up crafting past 270?

user110000
06-01-2021, 06:07 AM
I gathered all my essences old and new, transferred old ones to the new type found any boosters and xp pots i had lying around, good to go i reckon. Thing is i looked at bound and unbound shards and to get any xp it looks super expensive for essences and / or collectibles to level up at all. Any advice there?

Also, do i need to level up any further?

TIA

DoctorOfLiterature
06-01-2021, 07:16 PM
There is a really good youtube video that shows how to most efficiently level up crafting exp.

Key things:
Get a thirty minute crafting XP pot after you have all your essences. Also, get a bunch of Crafting % Boosters. One guy suggests creating new toons so you can do the Cannith Crafting quest and then take the Boosters. That's too much work for me but you can get lower % boosters from the store. You need a lot of them.

Then craft ML shards. Craft the highest level you can even if it is a small %--like 3%. The thing is that the XP you get if you do hit the jackpot is worth the many failures. Just keep crafting ML shards, always doing the highest one you have a chance at.

I did this and used 10K essences to go from Crafting lvl 70 to about 170. Then I used another 10K to get to 202. But I am not using the best %boosters.

magaiti
06-02-2021, 03:23 AM
AFAIR Going once through Cannith crafting tutorial will net you two 100% XP boosters. This should be enough, provided you don't waste them.
Make sure you have a good amount of Cannith Essences (50k will probably be enough, will take a while to gather this amount by deconstructing trash loot).
If you start crafting with only 10-20k you will end up wasting crafting XP pot as you'll burn through them too quickly.
Make sure you have enough crafting success boosters (available from cannith favor vendor)
Wait until there's a weekend crafting XP boost.

Craft only minimum level shards. Any other type of shard will require collectables, which you will probably run out of very quickly.

There are 2 types of shards: bound and unbound. They require different crafting skill and are crafted at different devices.
When you run out of crafting options on bound device, switch to unbound, then back when needed etc.

You can deconstruct crafted shards to salvage a small fraction of Cannith Essences.

This will get your crafting level to 380, at which point you will be able to craft any bound shard and most unbound.
At 380, you will run out of available minimum-level shard recipes to craft.
At this point You can either farm collectables for those other expensive recipes, or just leave your crafting at 380 and eventually max it via loot deconstruction.

user110000
06-02-2021, 04:37 AM
There is a really good youtube video that shows how to most efficiently level up crafting exp.

Key things:
Get a thirty minute crafting XP pot after you have all your essences. Also, get a bunch of Crafting % Boosters. One guy suggests creating new toons so you can do the Cannith Crafting quest and then take the Boosters. That's too much work for me but you can get lower % boosters from the store. You need a lot of them.

Then craft ML shards. Craft the highest level you can even if it is a small %--like 3%. The thing is that the XP you get if you do hit the jackpot is worth the many failures. Just keep crafting ML shards, always doing the highest one you have a chance at.

I did this and used 10K essences to go from Crafting lvl 70 to about 170. Then I used another 10K to get to 202. But I am not using the best %boosters.

is that gingerspyce? watched a bit of that maybe not the correct bits, attempt any %age for best xp, gotcha, thanks.

darkniteyogi
06-02-2021, 08:29 AM
Deconstructing level 30 loot into essences and buying essences in AH or AS Exchange helps.
It didn't take me a lot of Shards or Plat but I bought a few thousands.
Yes, creating new characters is tedious but i did them for the free potions.

I stopped when my Crafting level was 295. It may not be the highest but I don't think there is anything that important for me above 295.