PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion, more profit for you, more fun for us.

fatherpirate
09-20-2019, 09:06 PM
I would make the following suggestion to promote more subscriptions.

Keep Hardcore Server going, every 2 months change the achievement awards (they can be current rare or event items, or new stuff)
Every month, allow the dead to transfer to a regular server.
Allow non-subscriber to purchase 30 days of hardcore server access with turbine coins ($10 worth) only good on hardcore server. (one server VIP)
All minor updates (not bug fixes) get released on the hardcore server 2 weeks BEFORE the other servers.
All major expansions (included with VIP) get released 4 weeks early on the Hardcore server.
Expansion sold separately are released as normal
(if you want the new stuff early, buy hardcore server time OR be VIP)
That is the ticket --- have a subscription OR buy hardcore server time for EARLY access to new stuff.

just a thought

choupilove
10-03-2019, 03:27 AM
I would make the following suggestion to promote more subscriptions.

Keep Hardcore Server going, every 2 months change the achievement awards (they can be current rare or event items, or new stuff)
Every month, allow the dead to transfer to a regular server.
Allow non-subscriber to purchase 30 days of hardcore server access with turbine coins ($10 worth) only good on hardcore server. (one server VIP)
All minor updates (not bug fixes) get released on the hardcore server 2 weeks BEFORE the other servers.
All major expansions (included with VIP) get released 4 weeks early on the Hardcore server.
Expansion sold separately are released as normal
(if you want the new stuff early, buy hardcore server time OR be VIP)
That is the ticket --- have a subscription OR buy hardcore server time for EARLY access to new stuff.

just a thought

I propose some enhancement to Hardcore League for next sessions :

Do only Hardcore League with soloing Quest, because in grp that favorise the big guild :(, and the ladder don't represent the best player but unfortunately the best grp :(

So, for example, we can create 3 Leagues:
1- Solo Normal you can invoque two hireling with you
2- Solo Hard you can invoque one Hireling with you
3- Solo Elite you canot invoque any Hireling

That will favoring the game play, that's the goal of a Hardcore League, i think

Regards,

awar1234
10-03-2019, 09:36 AM

Do only Hardcore League with soloing Quest, because in grp that favorise the big guild :(, and the ladder don't represent the best player but unfortunately the best grp :(

Regards,

No no no... this is NOT A SOLO GAME. Favor grouping and teamwork over all else

Loromir
10-03-2019, 09:52 AM
I originally advocated for starting new hardcore seasons continuously all year long. Now...I starting to re-think this. The folks that participate in the Hardcore server definitely see it as a success. Unfortunately...those excluded (non vip) view this in a totally unfavorable light. I fear making the server permanent might have an overall negative impact on DDO as a whole.

There is no question that it is negatively impacting the server population on the main servers as it stands now. This in turn impacts the LFM panel and further segments the population in a not great way.

I say 3 months every year is enough.

cdbd3rd
10-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Do only Hardcore League with soloing Quest, ...

Oh, no. Even as a mostly-Soloist I can't get behind that idea.

Can't agree with it being permanent either. That would make it just another thing instead of an occasional special thing. It's the 'occasional special' part of this thing that drew a lot of folks to it. Just a 'thing' wouldn't be the same.

Uska
10-08-2019, 09:52 PM

Regards,

True hardcore no hirelings on server

cdbd3rd
10-08-2019, 11:16 PM
True hardcore no hirelings on server

*Dramatically grasps imaginary arrow through the heart*

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ExaltedSilverElk-size_restricted.gif

fatherpirate
10-09-2019, 08:50 AM
solo vs group
I think they should have 2 different complete sets of rewards..one for solo the other
for anyone who has grouped with other players.
Solo rewards should kick in a little bit sooner than group ones, because it is harder.
Do both on the same server.

Bolo_Grubb
10-09-2019, 10:34 AM
Nope keep it the same or make it even harder.

Only run it once or twice a year.

fatherpirate
10-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Just 3 times a year...4 months a shot
:-P

DW-Acer
10-10-2019, 02:00 AM
Assuming they don't keep a hardcore server around...elect a DM.

My smallish group is already making a ruleset. We're planning on taking Fawn up on his offer to jump over to his server and guild up. None of us have played there. We'll have no twink gear, and we choose a name.

If you die, you delete the char and come back with the same name (to ensure deletion). Shared bank is fair game, but no mule to move gear from a newly dead guy to your new roll.

There are obvious ways to get around it or move gear, but we're finally having fun in DDO again and I think we can trust everyone to understand why we're having fun and to stick to the rules.