PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Wayfinder

Dunklerlindwurm
10-14-2017, 02:52 PM
Hello all.

I will leave Wayfinder and move to Orien.

I originally transfered from Orien to Wayfinder when it opened and had much hope for this Server.
As everyone knows you can call this server as good as dead, especially during european times.

So i wish everyone who still knows me good luck and fun on Wayfinder.

-Drache

Niminae
10-15-2017, 02:36 AM
Hello all.

I originally transfered from Orien to Wayfinder when it opened and had much hope for this Server.
As everyone knows you can call this server as good as dead, especially during european times.

-Drache

I'm sorry to see you go.

I would also transfer if it were not for the horribly prohibitive costs. At ~$30US/character the price to transfer all of my characters off of Wayfinder is far more than I can even contemplate as being within the realm of possibility.

It's a real shame that the SSG executive management clearly ignores all forum threads discussing server merges despite the fact that all of the players on the lower population servers are being poorly served. Their play experience is simply not as robust as is the play experience of players on the more populous servers, and that is a shame. The fact that a player can have a hugely different experience simply by the random choice of the server they initially select to play on is one which should be of great importance to SSG. But unfortunately it is not.

Donutbeard
10-15-2017, 07:23 PM
That's too bad. I'm brand new, but I chose Wayfinder figuring it needed players, and a new player like me might be able to casually play at my own pace without the "spammy" or "race to end-game" experience I have had on other high population MMOs. Wouldn't mind making a friend or two before I decide if I stay or jump servers.

Friggli
10-15-2017, 09:29 PM
Sad to hear that Wayfinder loses more and more player. Though it is understandable, I recently logged in (granted on a time where population is probably on all servers low) and found 10 players online, including me.
I guess I would have urged my girlfriend to move servers as well, if it wouldn't cost a virtual arm and a virtual leg for something so trivial....
On the other hand, there is indeed no spamming or race to end mentality... I mean you hardly ever meet another soul in the public instances. So, perfect for static groups and solo players, as long as they don't expect things like AH etc.

To the new player, I would be delighted to play a quest or two with you, but I am in such a crapy timezone, that we won't meet ever ingame, sorry.

sdrocky
11-30-2017, 02:35 AM
Hello all.

-Drache

we have left and gone to Thelanis. So sad to not be raiding questing with my most leathal mates. No more Hunters of Wayfinder.

thanks for all the lessons Drachonschorne. (hope i spelt that right probably not.)

Love your work

Fin

sdrocky
11-30-2017, 02:36 AM
That's too bad. I'm brand new, but I chose Wayfinder figuring it needed players, and a new player like me might be able to casually play at my own pace without the "spammy" or "race to end-game" experience I have had on other high population MMOs. Wouldn't mind making a friend or two before I decide if I stay or jump servers.

imao move on before u spend to much time on here. sorry. but i was hard core wayfinder.
not anymore.

sdrocky
11-30-2017, 02:37 AM
I'm sorry to see you go.

I would also transfer if it were not for the horribly prohibitive costs. At ~$30US/character the price to transfer all of my characters off of Wayfinder is far more than I can even contemplate as being within the realm of possibility.

It's a real shame that the SSG executive management clearly ignores all forum threads discussing server merges despite the fact that all of the players on the lower population servers are being poorly served. Their play experience is simply not as robust as is the play experience of players on the more populous servers, and that is a shame. The fact that a player can have a hugely different experience simply by the random choice of the server they initially select to play on is one which should be of great importance to SSG. But unfortunately it is not.

imao cost is worth it. i moved to thelanis. the game has me interested again

FranOhmsford
11-30-2017, 03:56 PM
No more Hunters of Wayfinder.

Hunters of Wayfinder completely gone/disbanded?

sdrocky
12-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Hunters of Wayfinder completely gone/disbanded?

no. we still have toons on wayfinder and the guild is still there. But the main players have or are in the process of moving. Im actually having fun again. didnt play for nearly a year.

SimpleCords
12-25-2017, 04:59 AM

Sorry to burst your newbie bubble but there's no "spammy" or "race to end-game" experience on the other servers. They are barely and I mean barely better off than Wayfinder. Re-roll a new toon on another server, just trust me. You'll be better off.
Hopefully, you'll play EST evenings, so you get the most LFMs available, which isn't saying much given the current state of DDO.

Kza
12-25-2017, 05:47 AM
Sorry to burst your newbie bubble but there's no "spammy" or "race to end-game" experience on the other servers. They are barely and I mean barely better off than Wayfinder. Re-roll a new toon on another server, just trust me. You'll be better off.
Hopefully, you'll play EST evenings, so you get the most LFMs available, which isn't saying much given the current state of DDO.

Hmm? Experience is different, But i play in My 1-person guild on Thelanis. And i play
More than i should according to wife :-)

I see groups forming all Times and all levels. So on Thelanis Atleast you can play strange
Times and have groups. (On sarlona and khyber i have same experience from)

Edit- same experience as on Thelanis you get groups easy on khyber and sarlona. Other servers i have no experience from.

SimpleCords
12-25-2017, 06:28 AM
Hmm? Experience is different, But i play in My 1-person guild on Thelanis. And i play
More than i should according to wife :-)

I see groups forming all Times and all levels. So on Thelanis Atleast you can play strange
Times and have groups. (On sarlona and khyber i have same experience from)

Edit- same experience as on Thelanis you get groups easy on khyber and sarlona. Other servers i have no experience from.

Re-read the thread perhaps? I'm advising him to move from Ghosttown Wayfinder to a server that has at least 10-15 LFMs on a slow night. Best activity on all more or less active servers is on the weekends tho.

sdrocky
12-28-2017, 05:39 AM
Wayfnder used to be the tightest community in game. its no longer the case. several reasons caused this of which i wont go into. but move. its a far better experience all round.

sdrocky
12-28-2017, 05:40 AM
Wayfnder used to be the tightest community in game. its no longer the case. several reasons caused this of which i wont go into. but move. its a far better experience all round.

and this makes me sad. i was wayfinder through and through.

Vulkoorex
12-28-2017, 11:32 AM

I think it was the introduction of Racial Reincarnation and Reaper.
The limited level ranges didn't help.

I usually had multiple epic toons.
But since rtr, I've focused on 2 toons only.
And both are on the heroic grind.

skorpeon
12-28-2017, 11:39 AM
Hello all.

-Drache

I moved servers a while back, but I found myself a good guild to join before I made the move. They helped me get back up to speed and I never looked back (well maybe once I visited my first character-elven ranger).

SilentRunning
01-05-2018, 05:11 AM
Niminae, just who the hell do you think you are to say what other people's game play experience is like ?

Let me guess, you're one of the raid babies who think that all things must be done the way you want them to be done.

Server merges will do more to drive people away than bring them closer together, has it ever occurred to you that some actually play the game to have fun with friends ? Wayfinder is better off without people like you and thelanis is poorer for having you.

Vulkoorex
01-05-2018, 10:39 PM
Niminae, just who the hell do you think you are to say what other people's game play experience is like ?

Let me guess, you're one of the raid babies who think that all things must be done the way you want them to be done.

Server merges will do more to drive people away than bring them closer together, has it ever occurred to you that some actually play the game to have fun with friends ? Wayfinder is better off without people like you and thelanis is poorer for having you.

Nim is a good person.

I think you're seeing something that wasn't in his/her post. I believe Nim was just saying the PUG scene has become very poor of late. I'm on at different hours of the day and can count the number of LFMs on 1 hand.

Server merges may or may not be the answer.
I don't know.

V.

Dunklerlindwurm
01-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Hello everyone,

Just read my own thread again and all the replies.

Now after some month on Orien, i can only say that it is a huge difference to Wayfinder. There are basically around 10-20 lfms on at all times (even at german times) and at weekends i often see 30+ on all level ranges.

Compare this to Wayfinder ;)