PDA

View Full Version : If Guild Recruitment Was Honest

Bill_Jones
01-13-2017, 07:04 PM
Have you ever seen those cool DDO players soloing epic elite raids? Players with toons that have multiple past lives and full sets of raid gear, drinking Yugo Pots like Cure Minor Wounds potions?

Those players know exactly what they're doing.

I wish we were those guys.

"A Very Bad Guild" is aptly named. We don't know the quests well. We have a hard time making characters. How do you do this puzzle? Is this a good piece of loot? Who knows? We don't. We can't do traps, our DPS is a shame, and our personalities are just...well, they're just awful, really. Our mothers cry for us every night. They hope we'll make something of ourselves one day. Instead, we play DDO and record it for YouTube.

So what do we have to offer? Just casual fun. Maybe the chance to be seen by literally tens of people on YouTube. You won't be heard, since we use special software to keep the chatter down, but being seen is nice. Just think of that. You get to a chance to show the world how much better you are than us.

Contact Loyalar on Wayfinder for a guild invitation.

PS: probably play on Sunday mornings, fwiw

Maxxcore
01-13-2017, 10:18 PM
I understand it's a guild, but if you are going to be recording, will it also be like a static group? Where everyone is the same level? Interested in joining - let me know.

Whitehairguy
01-14-2017, 07:37 AM
Max,

More or less, yes. There's 3 of us in this static group at the moment. 7 people in the guild with varying activity levels. The 3 of us TR'd and will be on Korthos tomorrow morning at 8 AM cst. No, I don't know how to convert that to other time zones. I r dumb.

Livmo
01-14-2017, 09:28 AM
Max,

More or less, yes. There's 3 of us in this static group at the moment. 7 people in the guild with varying activity levels. The 3 of us TR'd and will be on Korthos tomorrow morning at 8 AM cst. No, I don't know how to convert that to other time zones. I r dumb.

If/when I ever get flagged on Way, I would like to stop in once a week for a few raids. For example we can short people FoT (Fall of Truth) and some other raids as well. I'm Livmo on all servers, so feel free to send me a tell if you see me on Way.

Whitehairguy
01-14-2017, 01:10 PM
If/when I ever get flagged on Way, I would like to stop in once a week for a few raids. For example we can short people FoT (Fall of Truth) and some other raids as well. I'm Livmo on all servers, so feel free to send me a tell if you see me on Way.

Add Loyalar to your friends list. It's the only capped toon I have on the server that would be flagged for anything...which I think is only FoT and maybe VoN.

Livmo
01-14-2017, 11:39 PM
Add Loyalar to your friends list. It's the only capped toon I have on the server that would be flagged for anything...which I think is only FoT and maybe VoN.

And TY!

I finally made it to the early 20s.

Whitehairguy
01-16-2017, 10:30 AM
Wanted to thank the couple of new guildies that came out and joined us yesterday. We blazed through Korthos and most of the harbor lvl 2 things before calling it a day. I think I might've been the only one that didn't get the xp for 4, which makes me sad :(

Hopefully we can get together again this Sunday!

Whitehairguy
01-21-2017, 05:45 PM
Hopefully a few more people come out and join us tomorrow morning! 8AM CST :)

Whitehairguy
03-05-2017, 02:41 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q8_vnX6Q110

Here's one of our recent videos. Give the people an idea of what we're about...which is generally being really bad at this game but still havin fun.

Whitehairguy
04-16-2017, 08:28 PM
Things are going really well so far.
6 people in the guild, still just 3 of us pretty regular on Sunday mornings. So we have some open spots to fill. Sitting at lvl 9 right now. If anyone reading this is interested, join us!

Whitehairguy
04-19-2017, 06:35 AM
FINALLY! Bill got around to making a guild website. You can apply and what not through here now.

http://dirtywilliam.shivtr.com

Whitehairguy
07-23-2017, 10:48 AM
Still looking for a couple regulars to add to the group. If you have access to iconics, we should be taking 15 in a couple weeks so that would be a good time to come along and help us not be as bad as we usually are at this game.

Whitehairguy
07-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Turned in a bunch of sagas today and picked up almost 3 million in renown. Now just 10k renown from guild level 82, which we'll pick up later. Slowly on our way to a bigger ship!

Whitehairguy
08-13-2017, 10:41 AM
Big thanks to Kandyfloss for joining us today!

We ran the first parts of Lordsmarch, Invaders and WK. Next week we'll finish ADQ flagging then attempt the raid.

If anyone is still maybe looking for a chill static group, we'll be level 15 after that. Would be the perfect time to roll up an iconic and join us!

Whitehairguy
11-11-2017, 09:06 AM
We will be on tomorrow morning slogging our way through heroic Wheloon. You should come out and help drag our sorry butts through this.

sdrocky
11-30-2017, 03:05 AM
We will be on tomorrow morning slogging our way through heroic Wheloon. You should come out and help drag our sorry butts through this.

you lot sound like fun. unfortunately ive already left the server with my mains.

Whitehairguy
12-01-2017, 11:27 AM
you lot sound like fun. unfortunately ive already left the server with my mains.

I’m really gonna need a little more commitment than this.

Whitehairguy
01-28-2018, 12:28 PM
Well, we are getting ready to start epic lvl content next weekend. We’re all 21 or close to it. Guild hit lvl 97 last night and we welcomed a new member to the group; Calena.

Should have an lfm up for the carnival chain next week, so anyone up to 22 be on the look out!

Whitehairguy
05-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Things have been kinda quiet lately. Been busy with the worst end fight of all: real life.

We have hit lvl 102, got a small ship upgrade and a couple extra amenities.

We are planning on TRing soon. Mid June maybe? Going to do a reaper life and the majority (all?) of us will be warlocks because why not? We probably have an open slot or 2 if anyone is interested in some sort of Sunday morning static group.