PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Possible Build Ever

Wonedream
01-04-2017, 10:29 PM
I thought it would be fun to see how absolutely awful a build can get... what is the weakest, squishiest, most useless **** build possible?

I got to thinking about it. I think I know!

Elf (any that have -2 con to starting stats for the squishiest possible Con) Dump all stats into Strength. Make a Sorcerer. Choose the most useless Enhancements possible from EK line. Pick spells like Tumble, Merfolds Blessing.. anything that doesnt deal damage or mess with monsters... for feats invest all of them into skill bonuses that have no synergy with Sorcerer at all. Use a weapon you are not proficient with... say... a kama!!! Now... go take on DDO with no enhancements, no feats, no spells, no hps, and off course no armor or gear. :P

Can it get any worse then this?

Jasparion
01-04-2017, 11:15 PM
I thought it would be fun to see how absolutely awful a build can get... what is the weakest, squishiest, most useless **** build possible?

Elf (any that have -2 con to starting stats for the squishiest possible Con) Dump all stats into Strength. Make a Sorcerer. Choose the most useless Enhancements possible from EK line. Pick spells like Tumble, Merfolds Blessing.. anything that doesnt deal damage or mess with monsters... for feats invest all of them into skill bonuses that have no synergy with Sorcerer at all. Use a weapon you are not proficient with... say... a kama!!! Now... go take on DDO with no enhancements, no feats, no spells, no hps, and off course no armor or gear. :P

Sorcs can still blast stuff. Int based FVS, Wis based Bard, even Str based Wiz would be worse.

But really, you could mess up any class. Easiest way is to select the preset version when creating charaters.

Blastyswa
01-04-2017, 11:15 PM

1 level in monk for wind stance (-2 constitution); continue using the kama so that you can stay centered for wind stance, but only use the Nicked Kama from the Sharn Syndicate chain, and whenever someone tells you to trade it out for a real weapon say "But it's a named item, and named items are the best".

Eth
01-05-2017, 01:43 AM
There's obviously a lot of easily available anti-synergy to make really bad builds. The most useless build that would actually try to be based on an idea, but be utterly bad, would be a cleric based on Martyrdom.

Martyrdom: Toggle: When you are killed, four turn attempts are expended. All nearby living allies and enemy undead receive 250/500/1000 positive energy healing and are affected by your Divine Cleansing ability if you possess it. This healing effect is unaffected by Spell Power. (This ability has no effect if you have insufficient turn attempts when you die.) This ability toggles off on death.
Bug: Martyrdom applies to enemy mobs as well as party members. It also heals for more than it is suppose to (twice as much in this case).

This means building something with a lot of turns (charisma) and as little survivability as possible (because dying is your way to deal damage).
It's also limited by the fact that you can only damage undead enemies.

Obvious must have from spells is death pact, since that can basically double your "DPS".

Yea - that's pretty bad.

Wonedream
01-05-2017, 03:32 AM
... ...

But really, you could mess up any class. Easiest way is to select the preset version when creating charaters.

lmao

Wonedream
01-05-2017, 03:33 AM
1 level in monk for wind stance (-2 constitution); continue using the kama so that you can stay centered for wind stance, but only use the Nicked Kama from the Sharn Syndicate chain, and whenever someone tells you to trade it out for a real weapon say "But it's a named item, and named items are the best".

+1 point

Hilarious!

And, yes, worst one yet!

Wonedream
01-05-2017, 03:37 AM
There's obviously a lot of easily available anti-synergy to make really bad builds. The most useless build that would actually try to be based on an idea, but be utterly bad, would be a cleric based on Martyrdom.

Martyrdom: Toggle: When you are killed, four turn attempts are expended. All nearby living allies and enemy undead receive 250/500/1000 positive energy healing and are affected by your Divine Cleansing ability if you possess it. This healing effect is unaffected by Spell Power. (This ability has no effect if you have insufficient turn attempts when you die.) This ability toggles off on death.
Bug: Martyrdom applies to enemy mobs as well as party members. It also heals for more than it is suppose to (twice as much in this case).

This means building something with a lot of turns (charisma) and as little survivability as possible (because dying is your way to deal damage).
It's also limited by the fact that you can only damage undead enemies.

Obvious must have from spells is death pact, since that can basically double your "DPS".

Yea - that's pretty bad.

+1

So... this one actually helps the monsters by dying. Such uselessness is actually novel! I would never do such a thing, but it is fun to imagine for a laugh!

Viciouspika
01-05-2017, 04:47 AM
Any build I decide to make.

A couple of years ago, there was a thread about the ultimate gimp build(survivalist). It used the old enhancement system before the trees we currently have. The object was to find the ultimate survivalist in group(pug) runs without actually contributing to the group. I think the winner was a pally/wizard/cleric build. I can't remember the levels, but it was knight of the chalice I/ archmage I/ Warpriest I; Pally for high saves, wizard for buffs, and cleric for heals. Another entry was barbarian/rogue/cleric; hp from barbarian, evasion from rogue, and self healing from cleric. It was actually a good thread wish I could find it.

Steve_Howe
01-05-2017, 11:54 AM
'nuff said.

C-Dog
01-05-2017, 12:12 PM
Too bad we can't link to builds any more - I've got a couple relics from when I first started, now in mothballs waiting for my main to hit 1750 favor. Dwarven Cleric/Rogue... Oy, light a match. :/

I would think a Charisma-based Haggle Wizard focusing on SLA's (rather than DC's) would be a fine waste of effort.

Enoach
01-05-2017, 12:15 PM
I will disagree with the Elf -2 Con making it a bad choice for race. Since most players don't put 18 into Con the difference is 30 HP between a 14 Con and 16 Con start when you get to Level 30 cap assuming all other con bonus are equal (A few races can stretch that further with con based enhancements)

In DnD and DDO there are many classes that don't fit well together and some that do. Some that could be really over powered are restricted by alignment.

However, even classes that people don't think will work together well can find synergy.

I'm currently running Thursday nights with a group using the G.I.M.P. rules (Get Into Multi-Class Playing). Adjustments for new classes and races added.
https://andyy98.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/ddo-guidehow-to-be-a-gimp/
In this case you only know up front your race and 3 classes, but not how many levels of each. The fun part is figuring out how to make it work.

Selvera
01-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Ok, let’s try my hand at this:

Elf; Monk 1, Sorc 8, Bard 11
Leveling order: 3x Sorc, 1x Monk, 11x Bard, 5x Sorc

Stats (28 point build): Str 13, Dex 13, Con 6, Int 12, Wis 18 (+ all level ups), Cha 8

Skills to max: Repair, Open Lock, Disable Device
Extra skill points (from bard/monk levels): Search

Feats: Shield Proficiency, Exotic weapon proficiency: Shuriken, Light Armour Proficiency, Tower Shield Proficiency, Combat Expertise, Brutal Throw, Weapon Finesse
Monk Bonus Feat: Whirling Steel Strike

Enhancements: Pick up 2 sorc savant trees, and make sure to pour all the points into enhancements which only give bonuses to spell casting.

Gear setup: Don’t use any of this **** except for:
Trinket: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bloodrage_Symbiont
Armour (so that people don’t think you’re naked): http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Robe_of_Trivial_Knowledge
Weapon: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Rusty_Longsword

Spells: You can’t cast these due to Cha being too low, so it doesn’t matter. However, just in case someone comes and casts eagle’s splendor on you, you might as well pick up some dozes such as:
Sorc: Merfolk’s blessing, Tumble, Ray of Enfeeblement, Charm Person, Master’s Touch, Touch of Idiocy, Flaming Sphere
Bard: Merfolk’s blessing, charm person, master’s touch, Otto’s Resistable Dance, Fox’s Cunning, Eagle’s Splendor, Blindness, Suggestion

At level 20: (Always run in wind stance with combat expertise turned on)

Offense: (DPS is approximately 7 according to Vanshilar, http://mmlddo.com/DDODPS.html but it’s not taking into account the low hit chance and slow attack speed from low bab)
Hit chance: +10 (1 monk, 8 bard, 4 sorc, 2 dex, -5 combat expertise)
Attack Speed: 7.5% (Wind stance)
Damage: 1d8 (+1 str, -1 weapon)
Melee Power: 0
Double strike: 3% (Wind stance)
Critical Profile: 19-20 x2 = 1.10

Defense:
HP: 71 (106 base classes, 45 heroic durability, -80 Constitution)
AC: 20 (10 base, 2 dexterity, 6 wisdom, 10% combat expertise)
Dodge: 0%
Prr: 0
Other: No fortification, no blur, no incorporeal, no self-healing, you don’t really have to worry about items breaking though.

Saves:
Fort: 1 (7 base classes, -4 con, -2 item)
Ref: 13 (11 base classes, 2 dex)
Will: 21 (15 base classes, 6 wis)
Mrr: 0

Some things to note: Without perform skill, bard cannot use their songs. Without levels in rogue or artificer, most traps cannot be found or disabled. All skills are cross-classed so half levels in everything. Without a charisma of at least 10, no sorcerer or bard spells can be cast. With AC 20, Enemies above CR 12 have a 100% chance to hit you. It’s still pretty good in low level quests though.

By the time you've got to level 20, you might be about as strong as a level 1 starting character for some multi-tr's. But, probably not.

Blastyswa
01-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Ok, let’s try my hand at this:

Elf; Monk 1, Sorc 8, Bard 11
Leveling order: 3x Sorc, 1x Monk, 11x Bard, 5x Sorc

Stats (28 point build): Str 13, Dex 13, Con 6, Int 12, Wis 18 (+ all level ups), Cha 8

Skills to max: Repair, Open Lock, Disable Device
Extra skill points (from bard/monk levels): Search

Feats: Shield Proficiency, Exotic weapon proficiency: Shuriken, Light Armour Proficiency, Tower Shield Proficiency, Combat Expertise, Brutal Throw, Weapon Finesse
Monk Bonus Feat: Whirling Steel Strike

Enhancements: Pick up 2 sorc savant trees, and make sure to pour all the points into enhancements which only give bonuses to spell casting.

Gear setup: Don’t use any of this **** except for:
Trinket: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bloodrage_Symbiont
Armour (so that people don’t think you’re naked): http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Robe_of_Trivial_Knowledge
Weapon: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Rusty_Longsword

Spells: You can’t cast these due to Cha being too low, so it doesn’t matter. However, just in case someone comes and casts eagle’s splendor on you, you might as well pick up some dozes such as:
Sorc: Merfolk’s blessing, Tumble, Ray of Enfeeblement, Charm Person, Master’s Touch, Touch of Idiocy, Flaming Sphere
Bard: Merfolk’s blessing, charm person, master’s touch, Otto’s Resistable Dance, Fox’s Cunning, Eagle’s Splendor, Blindness, Suggestion

At level 20: (Always run in wind stance with combat expertise turned on)

Offense: (DPS is approximately 7 according to Vanshilar, http://mmlddo.com/DDODPS.html but it’s not taking into account the low hit chance and slow attack speed from low bab)
Hit chance: +10 (1 monk, 8 bard, 4 sorc, 2 dex, -5 combat expertise)
Attack Speed: 7.5% (Wind stance)
Damage: 1d8 (+1 str, -1 weapon)
Melee Power: 0
Double strike: 3% (Wind stance)
Critical Profile: 19-20 x2 = 1.10

Defense:
HP: 71 (106 base classes, 45 heroic durability, -80 Constitution)
AC: 20 (10 base, 2 dexterity, 6 wisdom, 10% combat expertise)
Dodge: 0%
Prr: 0
Other: No fortification, no blur, no incorporeal, no self-healing, you don’t really have to worry about items breaking though.

Saves:
Fort: 1 (7 base classes, -4 con, -2 item)
Ref: 13 (11 base classes, 2 dex)
Will: 21 (15 base classes, 6 wis)
Mrr: 0

Some things to note: Without perform skill, bard cannot use their songs. Without levels in rogue or artificer, most traps cannot be found or disabled. All skills are cross-classed so half levels in everything. Without a charisma of at least 10, no sorcerer or bard spells can be cast. With AC 20, Enemies above CR 12 have a 100% chance to hit you. It’s still pretty good in low level quests though.

By the time you've got to level 20, you might be about as strong as a level 1 starting character for some multi-tr's. But, probably not.

Here's a few other beneficial items:
Mindfury Symbiont (-2 Constitution, -2 Fortitude saves, alternative to bloodrage symbiont)
Nullcloth Gown from Titan Awakes (Infrequently run raid, so probably not realistic)
Club of the Holy Flame (1d6-1 damage, can be equipped by monks)

Selvera
01-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Nice upgrades.

A raid item, nice! No one can argue that you're a gimp if you're running around with hard to farm raid gear right?

As for the club, sounds like we have a good swap item for slimes! Wouldn't want that sword to break and make you deal monk unarmed damage right?

unbongwah
01-05-2017, 03:36 PM
CON-based dwarf Sacred Defender using throwing axes running in Unyielding Sentinel with absolutely zero ranged DPS feats or Twists. Obviously you skip Intim or any threat amp so you can't even hate-tank or Intimi-turtle bosses.

Virtually unkillable, literally almost useless. YOU'RE WELCOME DDO

C-Dog
01-05-2017, 03:59 PM
CON-based dwarf Sacred Defender...

The perfect spectator build. Why pike in the back of the party when you can saunter up front and get a better view? (He'd want a barb splash, just cuz it doesn't help anything but speed, but on paper it looks like it could.)

Popcorn, anyone?

Jasparion
01-05-2017, 04:38 PM
CON-based dwarf Sacred Defender using throwing axes running in Unyielding Sentinel with absolutely zero ranged DPS feats or Twists. Obviously you skip Intim or any threat amp so you can't even hate-tank or Intimi-turtle bosses.

Virtually unkillable, literally almost useless. YOU'RE WELCOME DDO

I'd actually love new players to have something like this when running EE CITW.

psykopeta
01-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Bard and monk are mutually exclusive
And the worst build is one focused in something broken/useless, rather than a build trying to be useless, imo

For example a staff focused int based barb rogue, ofc no rages, OS to be the anticasters guy

It could be dwarf and have lots of con for the sr, so you would use int to hit, con to damage

Or a pally pdk with lots of cha that spams divine might to raise str which doesn't use cause has Cormyrian knight training

Or a monk that spends the fighter t5 to be centered with longswords(instead of going whirling steel strike)

There're plenty awesome ideas out there, just gotta ask some guy in korthos or any pnp friend, ddo is far away from pnp to make builds weird
Like raising your dex to land spells

boredman
01-05-2017, 05:14 PM
I wonder how will do a build doing damage with only wands and scrolls (non arti for a plus).

This probably should deserve some mention: Unarmed rager https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/482059-Unarmed-Rager-(abomination-monk)?p=5916407#post5916407
Not sure if was a trolling post but some ppl actually seem interested in trying it even with lesser heart invest for leveling.

Maybe a heroe morale build "The Martyr" with the only purpose of dying as much and as fast as possible to entertain the group and raise the morale of the ones who may feel embarrased by falling down or struggling hard in the battle, using cakes is a plus to support the game. Also giving their soul to the gods for calming down their anger against the sinner mortals or just for the cause and in memorial of the fallen.
Something with very high speed like a bard/barb or monk/ranger, because the gods have low patience waiting for the gifts, going naked is a plus for more pureness.

Wonedream
01-05-2017, 10:13 PM
Wow, so many bad ideas! Impressive. Knowing what does not work is important to know what to avoid doing. A study of uselessness is actually worthwhile. Newbies couldn't specify such lousy ideas, they are likely accidentally making some of them lol. I did, nothing this off, but I have ended up with epic gimps a few times, which is why I am more careful in the beginning now, most specially with multi classes.

I am gonna toss some +1s out there, some of these ideas are so horrid and well thought out (in reverse) they deserve merit. Anyone reading this ought to learn a little.

Hmm...

Survivability isn't totally useless, it is just almost totally useless. Every now and then, one or two monsters will attack the survivalist... and that is 1 or 2 monsters less for the players who can actually kill stuff to deal with. They provide a teeny weeny bit of distraction, and even a teeny weeny bit is still adds, even if in the far right decimals.. :D

Squishiness, that is more useless I think. The guy who runs out there.. gets killed in the first fight... and "I need a rez"... shrugs, then dies again really fast, and again... until the party just ends up carrying his stone.. he looks high level... but his best means of survival is to stay home, and when he fails, run!!!

An elf wearing mind fury item... 6 con -2 con equals 4 con. No armor, underwear is too obvious.. some ordinary robes perhaps. Dagger and a few levels in monk so you aren't even centered. Bard with no perform is clever. Sorcerer with no Charisma.. brilliantly wasted! So... Bard with no perform, sorcerer with no charisma (also gimps bard even further), and monk with a dagger to lose centered fighting. invest in THF line... use a dagger and an orb (which helps with the spells you can't even cast, nothing else). It looks a bit more impressive.. until you see it try to do anything. No speed amp... you gotta suck in every way possible :P.. Can't out run monsters, can't kill monsters, can just stand there. Probably would still be the last one to die.. because the toon would end up being virtually invisible in a group of good builds... until the first area of damage hits.. then dead. Or that occasional monster that decides it wants an easy target instead of a hard one (seen those before). I can't think of anything more hopeless then this.

We could call it

A Snokeflake in Hell build

Monk 3
Bard 3
Sorcerer 14

Con 4 with fury item on
Charisma 8
Intel 8 so you do not get too many skill points even.
Dump in wisdom... gotta dump somewhere, next dump rest in Dexterity... having the lowest DPS possible in exchange for a bit more undesired saving throws.
All skills go to swimming
Spells.. .who cares, you won't be able to cast em.
Dagger or better, a weapon you lack proficiency with... a light normal crossbow or so.

Can you imagine how hopeless this would be in EE?

Though I will admit, the Dwarven Tank with no DPS is also great, it goes from being hopeless to being miserably frustrating... even if you do survive to the boss... sooner or later you will have to quit when after 3 or 4 hours... he is still at full health. I'd say the no DPS tank is the most frustrating ever build there is, but the Snowflake... is truly the most hopeless case possible. :D

boredman
01-06-2017, 12:35 PM
To me the worst build shouild include spells like grease, sleet storm, ice storm, obscuring mist or the worst graphic fogs, hypnotic pattern, barskin and stone skin, just to mess up the party, as for weapon repeater croosbow just for the glorious sound to the party with deathaura for more music. At the end just put a dancing ball into the mess and a stinking cloud just to stink a bit more. Don't forged to summon your pets to mess up some aggro or some puzzles and the funny charms or not so funny when the team need to kill that enemy for advancing but you charmed or dominated and went afk. Also don't forget to steal the kills with finger and pk in case someone tells you that you don't contribute.

AlcoArgo
01-06-2017, 12:50 PM

I have found the easiest way to create an awful build is to take really any build and put Xxxxxxxx behind the keyboard.

Send me Astral Shards and I will tell you who Xxxxxxxx is. Mwa ha ha ha!

Selvera
01-06-2017, 01:35 PM
long post

Unfortunately, as pointed out, bard+monk are mutually exclusive. So sad for the bad builds ><. I always forget about alignment restrictions, which is one of the reasons I test builds before I TR into them. Funny, I didn't test this one though.

My build was designed to be useless at everything. Yes, a build with greese, sleet storm and charm monster at high DC's could cause a party more grief, but if they adjusted their play style it could turn into a very useful build (at least relative to other builds posted here), by CCing high damage enemies, then releasing the charms when its the last enemy left.

Similarly with the dwarf defender with no agro generation or damage. A good spectator build sure, but there are occasionally parts in quests where someone has to walk across some traps and pull a lever or talk to an npc or something like that. With this virtually invulnerable build he can do that and be useful, not to mention that even if he has a bunch of threat-decreasing items he will still draw some agro, reducing the damage done to the rest of the party.

My build was designed to do nearly no damage (not even have any hit chance) and be 1-hit by any enemy on a higher difficulty, is easily made helpless and has little/no useful skills/abilities (except maybe swim, but even then it's cross classed and low strength). She shouldn't be able to take any hits from traps, and running to talk to npcs has to be a very safe proposition for her to survive. She's also very easily made helpless by any constitution damage, resistant to being buffed into semi-usefulness and can't easily become useful by re-spending enhancement points or finding better gear. Even a lesser heart of wood +0 should still leave a weak character no matter what choices are made.

But, unfortunately alignment restrictions. Well, could give up the monk for 1 more level of sorc. It would hurt both the damage, movespeed and the dodge chance, but would increase the HP by 16, which might take her out of 1shot by everything territory.

I will tell you who Xxxxxxxx is. Mwa ha ha ha!

http://discworld.wikia.com/wiki/XXXX

It's Rincewind isn't it?

unbongwah
01-06-2017, 03:10 PM
CON-based dwarf Sacred Defender
I did my best, but apologies if I accidentally included anything useful.

Kundarak Piker
Paladin 20
Lawful Good Dwarf

Stats
36pt Tome Level Up
---- ---- --------
Strength 8 4: CON
Dexterity 8 8: CON
Constitution 20 12: CON
Intelligence 12 +2 16: CON
Wisdom 8 20: CON
Charisma 16 24: CON
28: CON

Skills
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
------------------------------------------------------------
Concent 4 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
Heal 2 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 23
UMD 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 11
Balance 1 1 1 1 1 1 6
Diplo 1 1
Tumble 1 1
------------------------------------------------------------
12 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

Feats

1 : Shield Mastery
1 Deity : Follower of: The Blood of Vol
3 : Combat Expertise
6 : Empower Healing Spell
6 Deity : The Blood is The Life
9 : Improved Shield Mastery
12 : Shield Deflection
15 : Quicken Spell
18 : Toughness
21 Epic : Epic Toughness
24 Epic : Bulwark of Defense
26 Destiny: Guardian Angel
27 Epic : Epic Damage Reduction
28 Destiny: Elusive Target
29 Destiny: Deific Warding
30 Epic : Magical Training
30 Legend : Scion of: Celestia

Enhancements (80 AP)

Sacred Defender (47 AP)

Holy Bastion, Sacred Defense, Divine Righteousness, Redemption, Glorious Stand, Eternal Defender

Extra Lay On Hands III, Durable Defense III, Sacred Armor Mastery III
Bulwark Aura III, Sacred Shield Mastery III
Resistance Aura III, Tenacious Defense III, Constitution
Reinforced Armor III, Spellshield Aura III, Swift Defense, Hardy Defense III, Constitution
Reinforced Shield III, Harbored by Light III

Dwarf (25 AP)

Dwarven Toughness, Dwarven Constitution, Dwarven Toughness II, Dwarven Constitution II, Dwarven Toughness III

Dwarven Armor Mastery III
Child of the Mountain III, Dwarven Shield Mastery III
Stand Like Stone III

Vanguard (8 AP)

To the Fore!

No Weakness I, Armor Training III
Missile Shield III

Destiny (24 AP)

Unyielding Sentinel

Brace for Impact I, Shield Prowess III
Block Energy III, Legendary Shield Mastery III
Renewal III, Endless Lay On Hands II
(none)
Hardened III, Strength of Vitality III
Undying Vanguard

Twists of Fate (23 fate points)

Purity of Essence (Tier 3 Exalted)
Imp. Combat Expertise (Tier 2 Dreadnought)
Endless Faith (Tier 1 Exalted)
Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Primal)
Ephemeral Evolution (Tier 1 Primal)

screenshot of build in action:
http://i.imgur.com/zB7bfSy.jpg
not pictured: winners who win

Selvera
01-06-2017, 03:49 PM
I did my best, but apologies if I accidentally included anything useful.

But... that build could heal allies pretty well, empowered healing, level 20+ lay on hands and cocoon? This guy could just stand around and make sure his allies don't die.

If he were perhaps, a level 20 fighter he could avoid most damage-dealing enhancements and only have limited self-healing that he can't throw out to allies.

Blastyswa
01-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Thought of one more thing; Cleric Elf (6 con) in wind stance (4 con) with Mindfury Symbiont (2 con) using Death Pact (0 con). The build would become helpless immediately, and stay that way. Bonus points if you manage to also boost HP through things that don't boost constitution, so that it actually looks like a contributing member to the group when in reality its running around with a 0ed out stat unable to do anything.

Wonedream
01-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Thought of one more thing; Cleric Elf (6 con) in wind stance (4 con) with Mindfury Symbiont (2 con) using Death Pact (0 con). The build would become helpless immediately, and stay that way. Bonus points if you manage to also boost HP through things that don't boost constitution, so that it actually looks like a contributing member to the group when in reality its running around with a 0ed out stat unable to do anything.

O.O

The puniest thing ever! It has 2 Con without using blood tribute... oh wait... death pact... this toon gimps beyond belief... quest begins... "I'm helpless"... Everyone looks at each other confused... lol... or fool em for a bit.. then remove item to reveal your puniness during boss fight! Lol... everyone would be like.. what... his HPs suck arse!... "Don't let me die gang.. I am counting on you" Dead. "Anyone got a res spell???"

LOL

Bacab
01-15-2017, 03:16 AM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/234670-The-Best-MOST-UBER-BUILD-EVER-I-call-it-the-KRILLIN?highlight=Krillin

Look up "The Krillin" and "The Problem"

The Problem

-=* THE PROBLEM *=-

Chaotic Neutral - Human

Favored Soul 16 / 4 Fighter

Stats

08 STR (08base)
08 DEX (08base)
30 CON (18base, +2tome, +6item, +3greensteel, +1race)
08 INT (08base)
08 WIS (08base)
38 CHR (18base, +2tome, +6item, +3greensteel, +1human, +5level, +3enhancements)

Feats

Human: Toughness
Fighter: Toughness
1 Skill Focus Intimidate
3 Skill Focus Diplomacy
6 Quicken Spell
9 Toughness
12 Toughness
15 Toughness
18 Toughness

HP

128 base Favored Soul
40 base Fighter
200 Con
180 Toughness
30 Greater False Life
20 Minos
20 Heroic Vitality
10 Draconic Vitality
45 Greensteel
30 Racial Toughness Enhancements
40 Toughness Enhancements

Total: 743

Skills:

65 Intimidate (23ranks, +3skillfocus, +15item, +6greensteel, +4GreaterHeroism, +14cha)
65 Diplomacy (23ranks, +3skillfocus, +15item, +6greensteel, +4GreaterHeroism, +14cha)

Notes:

The Highlight of this build it's 743 HP and large Intimidate skill. This builds purpose is to Zerg until the quest reaches Dungeon Alert Red, Mash the Intimidate button, then to crawl the large concentration of monsters straight towards the party before they are ready to handle it or have buffed up. It uses that immense hp to soak up the damage once the creatures are beating on him and forcing the creatures to attack him. This will have the dual effect of negating any of the AC or HP your group has worked so hard for to be of any use, as well as making sure that your party is forced to run the quest the way you want it to go. Which is the point of playing DDO, to be the center of attention of course!

With 16 levels of Favored Soul it should have plenty of healing to keep itself alive to annoy the party during the entire quest. As this is a stat and skill intensive build I didnt spread any points into Strength or Dexterity. Engaging in Melee would detract from this build as it could potentially be seen as productive. I also skipped wisdom as well as I didnt want spell DC afflicting my build in the same manner. By not being able to kill anything via melee or magic it gives me the freedom to focus on the purpose of the build, which is of course Zerg-IntimiTanking!

Why 16 Favored Soul and Quicken you ask? Death Pact! You see if by some random happenstance you actually manage to die somehow, you can just self-res to annoy your party once more. No riding in the anyones backpack for you! Even if the party tries to get you killed just to get rid of you, you can just auto-res away and force your group to deal with you over and over and over. Yippie! You also want to take Soundburst as I feel it is an excellent AoE for pulling any non aggroed creatures from far away into your groups problems, But doesnt have any significant or damaging effect on the creatures which are pulled.

But wait, How can I annoy my party even further? Seliana, What can I do to make my party hate me even more? Well the Diplomacy skill of course! See by using Intimidate to pull the creatures off of your melee tanks, you can then drag the monsters over to the party casters instead and press Diplomacy, this enables you to shed all that aggro onto the cloth and robed players as Diplomacy makes monsters often attack whoever is standing the closest to you when you press it. And if any pesky Fighter or Barbarian pulls aggro back off of the Wizard, you can quickly go and rectify that situation. This forces those monster brutes to stab the wizards, sorcerers, and rogues first, right where that aggro belongs!

With a little practise, this can be the start of a beautiful wipe...

Jetrule
01-15-2017, 04:10 AM
Is it possible to create a gnome pure wizard who can pull the strength lever L.E. in tempest spine?

str 16 start

8 level ups

At cap gear 17 slavers, 7 insightfu,l 4 quality, 2 profane, 1 exceptional

4 tensers, 5 scream, 5 primal avatar, 2 lasting potion, 2 vampire or zombie, 2 e.k. enhancement.

Thats 75 didnt even need to twist any, have yugo favor, eat a titan cookie, have madstone boots or get a bard to help.

This wizard is a single weapon melee wraith or vampire who frequently turns into a tree, for cleave, great cleave, eldritch strike and whirlwind attacks.With a great skeleton pet and summons due to epic and heroic augment summons feats and primal avatar enhancments. And of course Scion of Elysium. Nevermind this would let his skelly easily pull the lever.