PDA

View Full Version : Newish Player - Self-Sustaining Melee Caster Build?

Lorban
12-09-2016, 11:54 PM
Hey guys. I haven't played in forever, don't know much about any of the new stuff. Looking for the build in the title, some stuff I have unlocked is: 32-pt build, FVS, Monk, Warforged, and Half-Elf.

Mostly, I want to play melee but don't want it to be as simple as just spamming left click. I'd prefer not having to have expensive items to heal or followers or whatever. If I can't do a battlemage with these limitations, melee healer (cleric or whatever) is fine too. Maybe an arcane archer mix or something with ranged potential could be cool too. Thanks.

cru121
12-10-2016, 01:11 AM
looks like Bard or Paladin would be the right choice for you.

A Human THF Paladin 20 is easy to start. The usual way is to pick up Power Attack, THF feat chain, Improved Crit, then maybe some stunning blow or empower heal / quicken.

A bard swashbuckler takes a bit more thought, particularly if you want to include two rogue levels for traps and 3+ fighter levels for defensive stance.

EDIT: you can also slap 6 Fighter levels on any character class, take 3rd core and tier 5 in Kensai to cover the melee aspect. Then you can use the remaining 14 levels to cover the caster/healer/whatever role

Lorban
12-10-2016, 02:30 AM
looks like Bard or Paladin would be the right choice for you.

A Human THF Paladin 20 is easy to start. The usual way is to pick up Power Attack, THF feat chain, Improved Crit, then maybe some stunning blow or empower heal / quicken.

A bard swashbuckler takes a bit more thought, particularly if you want to include two rogue levels for traps and 3+ fighter levels for defensive stance.

EDIT: you can also slap 6 Fighter levels on any character class, take 3rd core and tier 5 in Kensai to cover the melee aspect. Then you can use the remaining 14 levels to cover the caster/healer/whatever role

Alright. But even that I would have trouble building. What about a build like this one: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/480734-SICK-LE-build ? Sounds fun.

Ghwyn
12-28-2016, 07:58 PM
I think you would enjoy my build. Self repairing 'forged wiz with fighter and whatever else to want to splash.

boredman
12-28-2016, 08:36 PM
Hey guys. I haven't played in forever, don't know much about any of the new stuff. Looking for the build in the title, some stuff I have unlocked is: 32-pt build, FVS, Monk, Warforged, and Half-Elf.

Mostly, I want to play melee but don't want it to be as simple as just spamming left click. I'd prefer not having to have expensive items to heal or followers or whatever. If I can't do a battlemage with these limitations, melee healer (cleric or whatever) is fine too. Maybe an arcane archer mix or something with ranged potential could be cool too. Thanks.

Check this: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/481700-Wraith-THF-Centered-Build-Works-for-First-Lifers?p=5908841&viewfull=1#post5908841