PDA

View Full Version : Newer stuff??

mannielrpc
04-03-2016, 04:14 AM
So I've been away from DDO for probably 2 years. Just started playing again 3-4 days ago, first thing i see that's changed enhancements. Sofirst 6 hours of gaming is spent reading all the new stuff and carefully picking enhancements. Then I'm off to a wilderness area(epic GH) to try out my old character and relearn my clickies...

At first things seemed rather normal, then i started using my clickies. My Frenzied barb was regularly dishing out over 3,000 dmg, and sometimes as much as 6000-8000 dmg. I'm just wondering if this is normal these days? They were only regular mobs, and i did have top notch gear 2 year ago, but my damage output is probably 3-4 fold from last play. My other toons are Pally-tank lvl25, elemental wizard lvl 25, and 3rd life Druid lvl 8<locked until i Renew subscription. Any help appreciated.

Saekee
04-03-2016, 07:17 AM
massive power creep for characters in general. Melee power buffs your damage further so crits get rather...big.

Barbs self-heal (as their conception in that department was confused with Barbie in nurse outfit). But yeah, barbarians are now an easy button and pallies are tough killing machine. In fact, all the updated enhancement trees have made those classes steamroll content.

If you want a challenge, either build up to the small legendary end game OR do:
1) A henshin staff wielder sans rogue levels
2) an entire nude heroic run with certain conditions (see my sig)
3) Druid in bear form?

I am sure I am missing a few!

mannielrpc
04-03-2016, 06:16 PM
massive power creep for characters in general. Melee power buffs your damage further so crits get rather...big.

Barbs self-heal (as their conception in that department was confused with Barbie in nurse outfit). But yeah, barbarians are now an easy button and pallies are tough killing machine. In fact, all the updated enhancement trees have made those classes steamroll content.

If you want a challenge, either build up to the small legendary end game OR do:
1) A henshin staff wielder sans rogue levels
2) an entire nude heroic run with certain conditions (see my sig)
3) Druid in bear form?

I am sure I am missing a few!

Thanks much for the info. I've never been one to multiclass, not that i can't or couldn't understand the subleties. I just in hemel prefer purebloods of any class. After i get my feet back under me i have always wanted a Bard/Thief.