PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Wednesday, March 30th 7:00 - 10:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Cordovan
03-29-2016, 04:04 PM
The game worlds will be brought down from 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Wednesday, March 30th for account management system maintenance. This work will correct an issue some players are experiencing with account creation.

Lerincho
03-29-2016, 04:13 PM
Thread: Downtime Notice: Wednesday, March 10th 7:00 - 10:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT)
The game worlds will be brought down from 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Wednesday, March 30th for account management system maintenance. This work will correct an issue some players are experiencing with account creation.

The 10th or 30th? Did Turbine invent time traveling?

Grandern_Marn
03-30-2016, 03:13 AM
Sounds good, hope things move along well towards optimization. It would be cool if we could get an extra day or two on the anniversary event, trying to get the party favor I'm aiming for and 7 - 10 am EST is prime playing time where I'm at. ;)

Sexysysab
03-30-2016, 05:05 AM
So you AGAIN have little notice ... and AGAIN you are down ... great ... cannot wait to get up tomorrow to see "server closing in 60 minutes for maintenance" .... get you act together ... this is pathetic administration of a game that people pay for ... your not some free service ... absolutely pathetic work

Ryan220
03-30-2016, 05:14 AM
So you AGAIN have little notice ... and AGAIN you are down ... great ... cannot wait to get up tomorrow to see "server closing in 60 minutes for maintenance" .... get you act together ... this is pathetic administration of a game that people pay for ... your not some free service ... absolutely pathetic work

I think someone needs a hug.

Sexysysab
03-30-2016, 05:23 AM
I think someone needs a hug.

Get lost

Ryan220
03-30-2016, 05:30 AM
Get lost

Come on, no point being all macho about it.

A good hug will sort things out.

-Samaka-
03-30-2016, 05:31 AM

The game is going to be down for an entire three hours, and if anything like yesterday more like two. Go for a walk outside, read a book, play a different game... the downtime is not going to kill you.

moomooprincess
03-30-2016, 05:59 AM
Not a good trick to play early in the morning.

I boot up my machine.
Go down piddle around and get a cup of coffee.
Come upstairs to the machine, launch game.
Read launcher.
Brain processing,
Wait, was yesterday Wednesday?
10 seconds later, after much crunching, no it was Tuesday.

No fair, the launcher basically says the same thing, although the hours were changed to protect the innocent.

I have had my first cup of java, now to go downstairs and get the second one and curse the Red Baron for denying me that one more hour of drinking coffee, checking the brokers, checking the AH, and doing account maintenance and just attempting to get all my neural connections into alignment.

biglou
03-30-2016, 08:05 AM
Oh my the devs are trying to shut us up by fixing problems run for the hills.

On an almost related issue where do we report problems I know it was posted in the middle of yesterdays downtime thread but I have not gone back through.

But major lag Epic Wheloon, on Kyber, around 9:30 pm, 4 players 2 dodo, shadowfell side, behind oldstone hall on the way to the trill of the hunt, game went nuts when the two beholders showed up it took them for ever to kill me it was a slow and painfully drawn out death. Oh yea warning level was IV(red) I had a huge train following me when those beholders started to light things up.

Nyata
03-30-2016, 08:15 AM
[...]

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/473717-Game-Performance-Improvements-and-Feedback is what you are lookign for I think

Aishana
03-30-2016, 08:19 AM

Um...I would say 12+ hours' notice is more than enough. The announcement was in the launcher yesterday afternoon. If you missed it, that's your problem, not Turbine's. Stop railing on them because you failed to pay attention.

Aishana
03-30-2016, 08:21 AM
Oh yea warning level was IV(red) I had a huge train following me when those beholders started to light things up.

Wheloon has always been bad with anything higher than a yellow alert. It has nothing to do with the new lag issues.

walkin_dude
03-30-2016, 08:24 AM
ROFL ... yep ... fanboy city ... thanks for proving me right ... when they are down again tomorrow ... you be sure to tell turbine what a great job they are doing and how happy you are with them

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-larry-rosen/how-much-technology-shoul_b_3142227.html

acdcrocks
03-30-2016, 08:33 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-larry-rosen/how-much-technology-shoul_b_3142227.html

:rolleyes:

vaniir1976
03-30-2016, 08:38 AM
Um...I would say 12+ hours' notice is more than enough. The announcement was in the launcher yesterday afternoon. If you missed it, that's your problem, not Turbine's. Stop railing on them because you failed to pay attention.

Even if I do not agree with Sexysysab's tone, I do agree with his sentiment. I get that downtime happens. I get that there's no one time that will make everyone happy. But a reasonable, responsible company provides a MINIMUM of 24 hours notice about downtime. Turbine has a LONG history of failing to provide a reasonable amount of notice about upcoming SCHEDULED downtime. I do not blame people who are upset when there is little notice given.

biglou
03-30-2016, 08:40 AM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/473717-Game-Performance-Improvements-and-Feedback is what you are lookign for I think

Thanks

Sinthoras
03-30-2016, 08:46 AM
Even if I do not agree with Sexysysab's tone, I do agree with his sentiment. I get that downtime happens. I get that there's no one time that will make everyone happy. But a reasonable, responsible company provides a MINIMUM of 24 hours notice about downtime. Turbine has a LONG history of failing to provide a reasonable amount of notice about upcoming SCHEDULED downtime. I do not blame people who are upset when there is little notice given.

i somewhat do agree that a little more advance warning would be nice. But my opinion is .. if an error can be fixed, the sooner the better. Yes it is also a time where i play mostly, but i can wait a few hours.

biglou
03-30-2016, 08:47 AM
We did just change data center with new(er) servers, did the servers get upgraded from 32 to 64bit?, I expected more down time then we have had while the tweek the settings our game is just about stoneage old code wise they will get the wheel chair it's in running better.

Qhualor
03-30-2016, 08:48 AM

I am more concerned about getting this lag problem taken care of than only getting a 12 hour downtime notice.

Cordovan
03-30-2016, 08:55 AM
Worlds aren't quite ready but we are close. Champion Hunter Week enabled and being checked.

biglou
03-30-2016, 08:57 AM
Worlds aren't quite ready but we are close. Champion Hunter Week enabled and being checked.

see a bribe from the devs, we have to grind it ourselves but that's what we are here for

gv1807
03-30-2016, 09:02 AM
Hey Cordo, have you forgotten about daylight saving or something? Times are now GMT-4!!!

Grandern_Marn
03-30-2016, 09:03 AM
I am more concerned about getting this lag problem taken care of than only getting a 12 hour downtime notice.

Totally. I am sure the devs are throwing what they can at the lag issue now. Everyone can see the unusually great number of threads and posts about lag since the the server move. For the players, DDO is our leisure time, for the devs its their livelihood.

If improving the lag situation means short notice downtime, so be it.

Giedon
03-30-2016, 09:03 AM
Guessing this means maybe more REMs? Seems to me the lag started when REMs started dropping more. I can do without picking up 3 REMs every 2nd or 3rd Champ if that fixes the lag. Hell I'd love to see the REMs put right in my bag like Fragments of the Twelve are.

Cordovan
03-30-2016, 09:05 AM
Worlds are open!

alancarp
03-30-2016, 09:16 AM

Notice was given. Lots of notice.

DDO Unlimited ?@DDOUnlimited 17h
Downtime Notice: Wednesday, March 30th 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) for account maintenance. #DDO
https://twitter.com/DDOUnlimited/status/714920819273637889

Duana
03-30-2016, 10:51 AM
Haters scream: "It's been three weeks Turbine! The game is unplayable! DO SOMETHING!!!"

Turbine does something.

Haters scream: "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING TURBINE!!??"

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2640/3943521438_38eee332a7_m.jpg

I don't care. Take the game down with short notice. Take the game down without notice.

They need to fix it. I prefer it gets fixed as quickly as possible. Not try a fix, didn't work, oh we have to give a weeks notice to try again.

Once fixed they need to offer cool **** to appease the angry masses. Free mead and elven hookers all around.

But fix it first.

OrtRestave
03-30-2016, 11:33 AM
Hell I'd love to see the REMs put right in my bag like Fragments of the Twelve are.

They do get auto gathered--it's just that remnants are collectables, not ingredients.

dustineli
03-30-2016, 02:25 PM
So this won't fix the player accounts who should be premium and have been for years that were downgraded to free to play?

Phoenix-daBard
03-30-2016, 02:25 PM
They do get auto gathered--it's just that remnants are collectables, not ingredients.

Not what is meant. Remnants sit on the floor until you target them and pick them up. Fragments go straight to your inventory.

Phoenix-daBard
03-30-2016, 02:27 PM
So this won't fix the player accounts who should be premium and have been for years that were downgraded to free to play?

Don't need downtime for that. A polite ticket to account support fixed my wifes account nice and quick.

dustineli
03-30-2016, 02:28 PM
Nope guess not. So now i have been downgraded to free player(from premium), the store simply disconnects me so I can't use that, and i can't even submit a ticket out of game (in game ticket referred me to out of game one). *edit* ok now the ticket finally went through

Cordovan
03-30-2016, 02:38 PM
Nope guess not. So now i have been downgraded to free player(from premium), the store simply disconnects me so I can't use that, and i can't even submit a ticket out of game (in game ticket referred me to out of game one).

Please get in touch with Account Support so they can resolve your issue. This can be done through support.turbine.com.

cdbd3rd
03-30-2016, 04:03 PM
Haters scream: "It's been three weeks Turbine! The game is unplayable! DO SOMETHING!!!"

Turbine does something.

Haters scream: "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING TURBINE!!??"

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2640/3943521438_38eee332a7_m.jpg

I don't care. Take the game down with short notice. Take the game down without notice.

They need to fix it. I prefer it gets fixed as quickly as possible. Not try a fix, didn't work, oh we have to give a weeks notice to try again.

Once fixed they need to offer cool **** to appease the angry masses. Free mead and elven hookers all around.

But fix it first.

Sad but true.

...tho no Elven hookers plz. They're fragile and break too easy. Give me a good ol' Horc lass. (Or maybe Human. :o)

... Remnants sit on the floor <for 3 minutes or> until you target them and pick them up. ....

Small fix. That 3-minute thing makes them kinduva scratchy-itchy thing having to quickly scan the battlefield for little Pac-Man droppings, tho I do understand why the timers were put on them. :(

Giedon
03-30-2016, 06:49 PM
Not what is meant. Remnants sit on the floor until you target them and pick them up. Fragments go straight to your inventory.

Exactly, that's what I was trying to say. Horrible to be 100 yards off when someone says "REM" so you run back to pick up 2. Or even just the targeting and picking them up off the floor, time wasting. Put them bad boys right in my inventory so I don't have to think about the horrible number I just received.

Greantun
03-30-2016, 06:54 PM
Exactly, that's what I was trying to say. Horrible to be 100 yards off when someone says "REM" so you run back to pick up 2. Or even just the targeting and picking them up off the floor, time wasting. Put them bad boys right in my inventory so I don't have to think about the horrible number I just received.

This is done on purpose, and has been said many times they won't be changing it. It prevents people from soloing with 5 alts and all of them getting remnants.

Since they are BtA, it would take 1/5 the time for you to get what you need. If they auto grabbed them they would have to either make the piles smaller or make them BtC.

LT218
03-30-2016, 08:40 PM
This is done on purpose, and has been said many times they won't be changing it. It prevents people from soloing with 5 alts and all of them getting remnants.
Victimless "crime". What/who would it hurt if someone did this with 5 alts? It's not like they're stealing the remnants out of someone else's inventory. They're BTAoA so it's not like they could sell them and it can't hurt the in-game economy.

If they have the resources and put in the effort to run 6 instances at once, good for them. It doesn't/wouldn't impact me or anyone else in any noticeable way.

FifthTime
03-30-2016, 10:05 PM
Victimless "crime". What/who would it hurt if someone did this with 5 alts? It's not like they're stealing the remnants out of someone else's inventory. They're BTAoA so it's not like they could sell them and it can't hurt the in-game economy.

If they have the resources and put in the effort to run 6 instances at once, good for them. It doesn't/wouldn't impact me or anyone else in any noticeable way.

Exactly!

The rational that someone multi-boxing for rems is somehow detrimental to someone else' is idiotic.

Are people really that concerned/jealous that someone else will receive a cosmetic crown or pet that they covet so dearly?

Aelonwy
03-30-2016, 10:23 PM
My issue with the whole remnants on floor till you get them, started with the data center move. The lag means sometimes the remnants don't appear till their time is almost gone or after I've left that dead group of mobs thinking nothing dropped but wait... I come back to use the shrine minutes later and discover hey that orange named champion did drop a chest it just took forever to appear. Worst of all I might see rems drop and call them out to my hubby or son but lag has them running in place, or dc-ing and by the time they can move again those little yellow dots are long gone.

At least the chests stick around awhile. I like the extra chests but I really do wish the regular champion rems auto collected like fragments, especially now that LAG is visiting us with unholy retribution.

mna
03-31-2016, 05:56 AM
Exactly, that's what I was trying to say. Horrible to be 100 yards off when someone says "REM" so you run back to pick up 2. Or even just the targeting and picking them up off the floor, time wasting.

...and since the remnants at least sometimes drop near whoever made the kill and not where it died... well. A mixed party with both ranged and melee characters is penalized.

Greantun
03-31-2016, 06:26 AM
Exactly!

The rational that someone multi-boxing for rems is somehow detrimental to someone else' is idiotic.

Are people really that concerned/jealous that someone else will receive a cosmetic crown or pet that they covet so dearly?

What you are forgetting is the good items that come from remnents: tomes that you can't get elsewhere, Mysterious Bracers or Cloak, etc. Why should those cost 5x more (when they are hugely expensive anyway) to be more "convenient"

If someone wants to multi-box and get them all, they still can, but they need to move the other characters, not make them gain the benefits while doing nothing.

Besides, if you don't really care about the items, why does it matter to you that you have to pick them up? I personally don't have any problems picking them up, just like you have to pick up collectable bags dropped. And I have too many collectables, and will soon stop picking up remnants because I have all the items.

JOTMON
03-31-2016, 07:35 AM

Since they are BtA, it would take 1/5 the time for you to get what you need. If they auto grabbed them they would have to either make the piles smaller or make them BtC.

This is completely inaccurate.

It would not be 1/5th the time.. They are BTA so switching to alts would do nothing since the remnants would have only gone into the bags of the people in quest... the alts you switched to would get nothing.

Now if someone was multi-boxing/piking multiple accounts then each account in the quest at the time the remnant dropped would get remnants deposited into their bags(like epic scrolls) including any pikers at the door.
this is still pointless since you would then have non-contributors collecting remnants for elevated Scaling work being done by those not piking.
and nobody cares about how many remnants an alt account has.. they are mule toons and door openers, they serve very little functional purpose and any remnants they collect are pointless.

JOTMON
03-31-2016, 07:41 AM
What you are forgetting is the good items that come from remnents: tomes that you can't get elsewhere, Mysterious Bracers or Cloak, etc. Why should those cost 5x more (when they are hugely expensive anyway) to be more "convenient"

If someone wants to multi-box and get them all, they still can, but they need to move the other characters, not make them gain the benefits while doing nothing.

Besides, if you don't really care about the items, why does it matter to you that you have to pick them up? I personally don't have any problems picking them up, just like you have to pick up collectable bags dropped. And I have too many collectables, and will soon stop picking up remnants because I have all the items.

The real question is why do higher level items cost more remnants than lower level ones, Remnants do not scale with level.
I get the same 1-70 remnant chance running on my level 4 toon as I do running on my level 30 toon.
We get the same range of remnants dropping regardless of the difficulty or level we are running as long as we are running near at level.
The rewards should not cosdt more for higher level versions since the remnants do not scale with level or difficulty, its just near or at level collected quantity.

JOTMON
03-31-2016, 07:47 AM
...and since the remnants at least sometimes drop near whoever made the kill and not where it died... well. A mixed party with both ranged and melee characters is penalized.

This was actually supposed to be the improvement/fix. instead of depositing them into our bags . remnants and remnant chests were being stuck in walls, under the floor and other out of reach places depending on where/how the mob died.
At least with this fix you can still get your remnants, you just have to run back and forth continuously throughout the quest to do it..
and wear out your backspace button trying to find remnants in the piles of bodies and glowy crowns to find remnants buried underneath.

Taskmage
04-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Server Thelanis
~30 Minutes before this post
Quest: Defiler of the Just LN
Class: Rogue
Players: 11 at the beginning, 8 at the end

Massive lag at first gate. One player recalled since we coulnd't do anything for over two minutes.
Managed to kill initial executioners just in time, saved the next Archon, then lost two due to not beeing able to even move, much less attack.
Further players dropped the raid leaving eight of us.
Had less lag for a few mins, saved another one or two Archons, then a major lag spike hit and reinforcments jumped from 3 to 15 instantly => failed.

Question: Do you really think you will manage to get the game working again? (no, i don't expect an honest answer to this)

All the changes you made don't seem to have much effect. Even so there is less lag in some raids (Leg Tempest Spine for example) you can still have a lag spike and a wipe in there. It becomes less and less fun to even try if you fail not due to mistakes but due to lag.

How long do you think people will tolerate this? I for my part am very close to quit this game.

Belgarath22
04-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Wow dunno what you did on friday but this is a lot worst now

Server Argonessen
Class: barbarian12/6bard/2ft (divine crusader 4); figther 12/6pally/2 rogue/epic 8 (uny sovereign 5)
Happening now, 2 hours ago and 4 hours ago
Quests: The Druid`s Curse, Sane Asilum, Public Areas, Tempest Spine, HoX
Players: Party 2, Raid 12

The Druid`s Curse: Massive ruberbanding and lag in the underwater path (doing heroic elite); delays in loading screen and looting
Sane Asilum: party size 5. Delays in looting and spells
Switching toons -- 5 minutes stuck in loading screen, ctrl+alt-supr
Logging in again-- cleaning old connection message, luckily it loaded..
Tempest Spine: crazy ruberbanding when a mob dies (sometimes we got renown, other I think we lagged to much to get the renown, but hte cause was the mobs dying and sending info). Delays in looting and casting spell, in swing and hit mobs.
HoX: failed run, lagged till death for 5 minutes, then party started logging out and back in (it didnt let us recall)

Btw I dont this really helps, the lag is everywhere and at anytime, those I wrote there are the majors lags