PDA

View Full Version : Caught in the Web need help!

rikkitikkitarvi
03-20-2016, 05:39 PM
So never done this before so i thought that I would try it on normal. Now I am confused on what to do.

We got to lolth. Got ana up. She destroys the orb. We then pound on Lloth until she has no HP. She does not go away. No legs spawn.

Did I miss something. Were we supposed to do something or is this glitched?

Faltout
03-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Hard to say with all this lag going around. You may have missed some monsters that parties usually kill or you may have lagged when lolth was supposed to go away and event did not trigger.

rikkitikkitarvi
03-20-2016, 08:01 PM
Hard to believe that. This is only the first encounter where it crashed. We killed everything that was possible. We tried doing the quest twice but, it would not proceed both times. So either we are doing something wrong, or the quest is not functioning at least on normal.

Vulkoorex
03-20-2016, 10:21 PM
Where was Ana? Maybe move her towards the exit will trigger the next phase?

rikkitikkitarvi
03-21-2016, 11:17 PM
Moved Ana all around went back to the exit even went through only to get teleported to the fight or lack of fight. May try again next weekend but can't really see what else to do.

Faltout
03-22-2016, 08:46 AM
No idea what's wrong with your runs.

Here's what is supposed to happen:
- You start CitW.
- You run down the web and see a mistress, a necromancer and a bebelith. They are talking and the mistress says that the necromancer must sacrifice himself to prove his love. The necromancer does so and the players see a drow soul take his place (created by the mistress). This lets the players know that everything they kill will come back as a soul. At this point the party kills the mistress and the bebelith.
- You then break some cocoons and drop down east to another island where there's a couple of driders, a mistress and a couple of draegloths. You kill the orange named stuff and then the mistress at which point, the barrier blocking the way forward drops. You break some more cocoons while heading east.
- You reach the island where ana is lying unconscious. There is a mistress, an ascended necromancer and a bunch of drow spies. You kill the necromancer, the drow spies and the mistress (and the drow souls that spawn from all them). When everything is dead ana starts to talk "Oh, where am I?".
- You get ana up and she starts draining the artifact. At this point lolth appears but she's invulnerable. Also, a couple of red named appear. A mistress and a drider. While ana drains the artifact, you kill the red named trash. When the artifact is drained, you tell ana to not help you fight and take her to a safe place while you'll be battling lolth.
- You then start fighting lolth and take her down to... not sure, but certainly not 0 HP. At which point she goes away and says "You like hiding? Then it shall amuse me to see you run!" and the legs start spawning.

Did you miss any of those steps?