PDA

View Full Version : Only seeing splashed FVS-es

janave
02-16-2016, 08:10 AM
I have been checking the Who tab for a while, seeing a few 2/4/12 splashes, and that's it.

Are they really this terrible right now or players just got bored playing them?

Kwyjibo
02-16-2016, 08:56 AM
I have a pure in my stable of 7 characters that I plan to re-tool, but I am just doing other things at the moment. So I guess I got bored with mine.

Alisonique
02-16-2016, 09:34 AM
Lv 20 pure named Hesteban.

I have 15 characters atm so he gets played when he is needed or I fancy a change.

JOTMON
02-16-2016, 09:39 AM
I have a pure in my stable of 7 characters that I plan to re-tool, but I am just doing other things at the moment. So I guess I got bored with mine.

Pretty much ^ This.. pure FVS just got boring.

Kadrios
02-16-2016, 10:33 AM
While I have some issue with you categorisation of 12 levels in one class as a 'splash', you are largely correct. pure FvS just doesn't really have anything going for it, whereas 2/4 levels on top of a force/fire/light focused caster are incredibly useful.

DrWily
02-17-2016, 06:21 PM
Pretty much ^ This.. pure FVS just got boring.

In your opinion, yes. In my opinion, I just find multiclassing to be much more fun. Gives you a ton of options on how to play your build, and allows you to try trial-and-error to find that sweet spot.

Starla70
02-17-2016, 07:48 PM
Overall I was not happy with the class, so mine got deleted. Out of 16 toons not one even has a splash of it right now.

JOTMON
02-19-2016, 09:11 AM
In your opinion, yes. In my opinion, I just find multiclassing to be much more fun. Gives you a ton of options on how to play your build, and allows you to try trial-and-error to find that sweet spot.

Which is just another way to say Pure FVS was boring, Multi-classing added opportunities for the variations of builds to be fun.

Maelodic
02-19-2016, 09:19 PM
They don't have the healing awesomeness of clerics, don't make as good warpriests as clerics, and as a caster are fairly dull to play.

I think if they had the cast speed of sorcs, more people would play them.

Nuclear_Elvis
02-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Current version of Kyll on Wayfinder is a pure FVS, Warforged War Priest, follower of the Lord of Blades (GS wielder). Great path, better than expected, about 90% melee. At level 14, going 20 then TR. My build is purely heroic focused, could care less how it performs in Epics.

Maelodic
02-19-2016, 10:32 PM
Current version of Kyll on Wayfinder is a pure FVS, Warforged War Priest, follower of the Lord of Blades (GS wielder). Great path, better than expected, about 90% melee. At level 14, going 20 then TR. My build is purely heroic focused, could care less how it performs in Epics.

FvS are really fantastic in heroic content. Max/Emp blade barrier will kill just about anything in one shot. Combine that with wings and you're all set.

Zachski
02-28-2016, 08:38 PM
Hilariously, I bought FVS at a time where they were considered to be "more difficult but more awesome" than Clerics.

Now? They're more difficult and only partially as awesome.

And personally, I find multi-classing to suck the joy out of character building, but that's just me.

So, I guess I wasted money on FVS :/

Stoner81
02-29-2016, 02:08 PM
I have been checking the Who tab for a while, seeing a few 2/4/12 splashes, and that's it.

I have an alt who sits at cap and is 18 FvS, 2 Pally I just don't run him very often.

Stoner81.

apocaladle
03-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Pure FVS can either go melee or casting

Melee: So easy to multi class and works well so most people do.

Casting (evocation): garbage till you get blade barrier at 12 then you are a one spell wonder for the rest of heroic. boring save comet fall and implosion. Also no SLA's

janave
03-30-2016, 08:30 AM
An elven FvS can go into Arcane Archer, but its far from optimal, will be super AP, Feat and ability starved on all aspects (unless giving up either bow or casting potentials).

Melee: Yeah same problem as all outdated trees, far too weak as a pure option, multiclasses work usually not with majority levels into FvS.

Spell Casting: Probably still the safest option, leaning towards nuking with light spells and kiting stuff thru blade barriers, can max Cha if the aim is not ED farm and leveling, otherwise it can be painful to level on a Wis dumped build.

PS: Just looking at the Threads/Post counts on the forums, the numbers are quite indicative that FvS is in a dinosaur situation.

Truthkills
03-30-2016, 12:05 PM
I laid off my main to try a Fvs and found it to be pretty fun. I think what is so hard about this game is that there is hundreds of optimal builds that can do a variety of different things. Especially with the end-game content that is available now, you really have to be on your A game to contribute to a more difficult raid. However, in the end this game is all about fun. I like sitting in a group and healing ppl. I played that role in Paper D&D and I still like it till this day. It really is all about preference, you might not build the most powerful character in the game, but if you have fun then you are accomplishing the goal of this game. Just my 2cents.

janave
04-01-2016, 07:05 AM
I laid off my main to try a Fvs and found it to be pretty fun. I think what is so hard about this game is that there is hundreds of optimal builds that can do a variety of different things. Especially with the end-game content that is available now, you really have to be on your A game to contribute to a more difficult raid. However, in the end this game is all about fun. I like sitting in a group and healing ppl. I played that role in Paper D&D and I still like it till this day. It really is all about preference, you might not build the most powerful character in the game, but if you have fun then you are accomplishing the goal of this game. Just my 2cents.

I agree with you that fun is a primary factor, glad to hear that a healing fvs worked out for you. On the other hand group healing is available to almost anyone who can have a larger sp bar, and switches to a healing epic destiny. I think most of us agree that fvs doesnt need much help thru the late heroics, but is lacking early on sub level 10s and later in epic levels.

co4nd
04-20-2016, 04:47 PM
Well about 6 months ago I unlocked it. I built a Human FVS pure that is now level 23 and doing OK, he's a melee focused (play and enhancements) though his ability build is more spell oriented, I dropped a couple of +6 tomes on him (str and cha) to give him a boost though I really need to re spec. He'd probably really benefit from 3 levels of Pally. He's Sovereign Host longword and shield user. He's got two shield mastery feats and does great in Unyielding Sentinel (level 5)

So I went and TR'd a ranger into a morninglord pure fvs using a +1 lesser heart. He's now level 21 and I'm enjoying the Sunbolt SLA, that along with the Archon and implosion seem tear up the drow in kings forest and the under dark. Caster build all the way. I enjoy playing him

Seem to be addict to these pure FVS.

FranOhmsford
04-20-2016, 05:18 PM

I'd guess that easily 75% of all 14+ FavSouls currently are War/Bladeforged Greatsword Builds!

Just add 2-6 Paladin and done!

Nubom70
06-15-2016, 05:45 PM

Until they actually add viable dieties/weapons, alot of people don't care for a full FvS. You're stuck with a bow (yeah, right), or a LS, unless you take a specific race, or an iconic. You have to basically give up the +5 enhancement bonus plus articles of faith, to use a weapon you like, or fits the character, further nerfing your choices.