PDA

View Full Version : Back at it

Jelton
01-27-2016, 12:28 AM
Hey all,

Plan on returning to DDO very soon after being gone a couple of years. I'm an American currently living in Vietnam for work and I have been lead to understand that wayfinder is a bit more of an international server where I might find people who play at my time of day. Looking for a close knit guild, static group, or just the knowledge that I'll find a few good pugs as I hate solo play.

Do I want to call wayfinder home and even better, can I find a static group? See you in game soon and thanks for the advice!

Loromir
01-27-2016, 07:19 AM
Hey all,

Plan on returning to DDO very soon after being gone a couple of years. I'm an American currently living in Vietnam for work and I have been lead to understand that wayfinder is a bit more of an international server where I might find people who play at my time of day. Looking for a close knit guild, static group, or just the knowledge that I'll find a few good pugs as I hate solo play.

Do I want to call wayfinder home and even better, can I find a static group? See you in game soon and thanks for the advice!

I would avoid Wayfinder....it has the lowest population of all servers...by a long shot.

Cannith seems to have a lot of Asian players on line during non peak hours. I don't know about the other servers.

Vulkoorex
01-28-2016, 10:20 AM
Advise you to make a toon on each server and play for 1 hour at the times you will usually play. From there you should get a sense of the community and perhaps find a static group to join.

Good luck.

CThruTheEgo
01-28-2016, 10:26 AM
Sarlona has a large Chinese population, and so is active in off-peak US hours.

Nuclear_Elvis
01-28-2016, 08:31 PM
Hey all,

Jelton,
Hope you blow past all the prior biased posts against Wayfinder, as we have a great little server, and the irony is - one of the game's largest guilds. I run Your Part Time Guild, with nearly 400 active members, and this past weekend we set a new record high with 43 guild members logged in at once, numbers that few guilds on ANY server can boast. We're very active all day long, and our low peak is probably 10 online, with high going 30+ consistently, and we have players across all level ranges, as we are very effective in teaching a rapid TR process to new players and best strategies to plan ahead for the "right life" to earn more Favor and push a couple Epic True Reincarnations for the higher Favor lives.

As for resources, we have a Kraken Airship, the largest model in the game, fully outfitted for our Guild Level 44 (we earn a new Guild Level every 2-3 days), and as result we have the buffing capacity of level 100+ guilds that are plat-airship only.

Look up my main: Kyll, or look for one of our many officers/members online and give us a PM in game to help set you up for success on Wayfinder. Last, we have a very international guild, many players across Europe, Asia, North and South America, Australia, and I'm still holding out hope for Antarctica :).

Jelton
01-29-2016, 09:54 AM
Jelton,
Hope you blow past all the prior biased posts against Wayfinder, as we have a great little server, and the irony is - one of the game's largest guilds. I run Your Part Time Guild, with nearly 400 active members, and this past weekend we set a new record high with 43 guild members logged in at once, numbers that few guilds on ANY server can boast. We're very active all day long, and our low peak is probably 10 online, with high going 30+ consistently, and we have players across all level ranges, as we are very effective in teaching a rapid TR process to new players and best strategies to plan ahead for the "right life" to earn more Favor and push a couple Epic True Reincarnations for the higher Favor lives.

As for resources, we have a Kraken Airship, the largest model in the game, fully outfitted for our Guild Level 44 (we earn a new Guild Level every 2-3 days), and as result we have the buffing capacity of level 100+ guilds that are plat-airship only.

Look up my main: Kyll, or look for one of our many officers/members online and give us a PM in game to help set you up for success on Wayfinder. Last, we have a very international guild, many players across Europe, Asia, North and South America, Australia, and I'm still holding out hope for Antarctica :).

Honestly man, I've read about your guild before you posted here and thought it sounded super cool. I've checked a few times during my normal hours and wayfinder had 3,0, and 1 put up with 2 or so people from your guild online each time. I'm 13 hours ahead of the states so at 6pm here we are looking at 5am stateside. Long story short, I'd have to learn to love to solo. Thanks for the invite and if things change you'll be the first guild I look up.

Nuclear_Elvis
01-29-2016, 07:26 PM
Honestly man, I've read about your guild before you posted here and thought it sounded super cool. I've checked a few times during my normal hours and wayfinder had 3,0, and 1 put up with 2 or so people from your guild online each time. I'm 13 hours ahead of the states so at 6pm here we are looking at 5am stateside. Long story short, I'd have to learn to love to solo. Thanks for the invite and if things change you'll be the first guild I look up.

Caution on looking at LFMs only, btw, because we also have groups forming simply from internal guild members at times that fill up, so you can end up in groups that are maxed but not public/LFM, but I am teaching the guild members to get in the habit of posting LFM even if just one open slot exists.

Kompera_Oberon
01-30-2016, 12:47 AM
I've checked a few times during my normal hours and wayfinder had 3,0, and 1 put up with 2 or so people from your guild online each time.

I've read this sentence a few times and I still can't figure out what it means. Can you please explain it to me?