PDA

View Full Version : First life Favored Soul

kurgan2
01-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Posting this here as well as the request a build thread just to catch the most opinions I can. :)

I'm looking for a good FvS build that can heal for parties but can also solo decently for leveling. First life, I have 32 point builds, Drow and Warforged (Probably wouldn't want the WF for a cha based healer though). Don't care if the damage for soloing comes from spells, range or melee, long as I can level fairly well. I've seen a build or two that split into 2 levels of pally for the saves, would it be best to take those to start so you have some melee ability to get you along until more party based content opens?

Actually, could be a cleric instead, it's more the healer and leveling rather than a specific class.

Enguebert
01-05-2016, 02:58 AM
Posting this here as well as the request a build thread just to catch the most opinions I can. :)

I'm looking for a good FvS build that can heal for parties but can also solo decently for leveling. First life, I have 32 point builds, Drow and Warforged (Probably wouldn't want the WF for a cha based healer though). Don't care if the damage for soloing comes from spells, range or melee, long as I can level fairly well. I've seen a build or two that split into 2 levels of pally for the saves, would it be best to take those to start so you have some melee ability to get you along until more party based content opens?

Actually, could be a cleric instead, it's more the healer and leveling rather than a specific class.

If you go Fvs and plan to take 2 levels of pally, try to get 1st level of pally quickly for armor and weapon proficiency. For cleric, 2 lvl of pally is less attractive as they already have heavy armor proficiency and lot of weapons proficiency
Also consider taking 3 level of pally (sacred defense stance)

Enhancement Ameliorating Strike (Warpriest Tier4) is great for melee build : it heal you (and your group) while hitting foes !

Lorianus
01-05-2016, 03:28 AM

Do you want to play the Soul from level 1/4/8 to level 20 and maybe play some epic quests but don't do a full epic live or do you want a build that will be useful in legendary content at level 30 too? I am asking because melee Favorite Souls are fun to play in heroic quests but can get a pain at the higher epic levels.

Atremus
01-05-2016, 09:21 AM

Do you like Melee or Caster? This one question is going to make any build more enjoyable for you. Both melee and caster can be viable, but if the build doesn't suit your play style, than you might not enjoy it at all.

I have always preferred caster and a FVS caster is awesome in Heroics. But that same toon really needs access to all ED's for twists to be functional in epic levels. EA + FvS is loads of fun.

unbongwah
01-05-2016, 09:46 AM
What are your long-term plans for this char: do you intend to HTR ASAP once you hit 20? Do you want to farm EDs? Do you want to be a raid healer?