PDA

View Full Version : Improving epic reincarnation

Hobgoblin
11-06-2015, 10:49 AM
I was reading a thread and got to thinking.

What could we do to improve this?

First one is introducing a new system with all the inherent bugs etc.

new area, walk up to the life shaper, everything up to level 20 is locked in, you get the feat and ready to go. no hotbar, channel changes anything

second is working with the system that we have.

when you are doing the lr portion, everything is set the way you did it in your previous life. ie: if you had a 16 str, it would be set to 16 and you could choose to change it or if you like your stats you could change them. feats are the same way - it would select them and you could either change them or just click the next button to keep your build

Also either way, you could take the opportunity to redo the tr cache. From the thread that i was reading, I like having the ablity to search the cache, sort the cache, and finally put a button/setting on it to open up the cache, not have it open when you open bank. (thanks robadi!)

I prefer the 2nd option.

What do you guys think?

dunklezhan
11-06-2015, 10:54 AM
one is introducing a new system with all the inherent bugs etc.
new area, walk up to the life shaper, everything up to level 20 is locked in, you get the feat and ready to go. no hotbar, channel changes anything

when you are doing the lr portion, everything is set the way you did it in your previous life. ie: if you had a 16 str, it would be set to 16 and you could choose to change it or if you like your stats you could change them. feats are the same way - it would select them and you could either change them or just click the next button to keep your build

I think considering the cost/effort of an eTR, it ought to be a toggle, so you can do a rebuild if you want, or fix to 20 and carry on. So I kinda prefer option 1 with an option to switch it off.

Amundir
11-06-2015, 11:07 AM
I'd like an Epic True True Reincarnation option, or ET2R for lack of a more catchy phrase, heh.

Give me my epic past life feat, my heroic past life feat, and start me at 1.

Blastyswa
11-06-2015, 05:08 PM
I was reading a thread and got to thinking.

What could we do to improve this?

First one is introducing a new system with all the inherent bugs etc.

Also either way, you could take the opportunity to redo the tr cache. From the thread that i was reading, I like having the ablity to search the cache, sort the cache, and finally put a button/setting on it to open up the cache, not have it open when you open bank. (thanks robadi!)

I prefer the 2nd option.

What do you guys think?
/signed to the second proposal. I enjoy using ETRs to change up my build a little to keep things fresh, but some things I leave the same and would like to not have to reset every time. Alternatively, they could just give it as an option. Can either do it as per first proposal, or do ETR like it is now.

RD2play
11-06-2015, 06:36 PM
I'd like an Epic True True Reincarnation option, or ET2R for lack of a more catchy phrase, heh.

Give me my epic past life feat, my heroic past life feat, and start me at 1.

Yes!
Need to be at cap
Cost: 1 Epic Heart + 6.6mill karma + 1 Heroic Heart