PDA

View Full Version : Could ETR reset epic quests, slayer and favor?

MagicBlue
11-06-2015, 05:04 AM
At the moment ETR does not reset quests, slayers and favor.
That means that releveling from 20 to 28 is quite longer than the first time (or after a TR).

Comparing the two types of reincarnation where TR exp to get level 20 is doubled (2nd life) or tripled (3+ life), the second and further Epic lives need to grind more XP than the first due to the lack of first time bonuses, slayer counts, etc...

In epic lives the penalty is stronger, imho, then heroic, because, in particular for slayer areas, you loose a good and funny opportunity to get XP.

If ETR coud reset all the epic resources (and when cap will be raised to 30 the relevel will be longer), can give an advantage not only in terms of XP, but also in terms of fun (for all that find fun the slayer/explorer areas).

bartharok
11-06-2015, 05:07 AM
That means that releveling from 20 to 28 is quite longer than the first time (or after a TR).

Comparing the two types of reincarnation where TR exp to get level 20 is doubled (2nd life) or tripled (3+ life), the second and further Epic lives need to grind more XP than the first due to the lack of first time bonuses, slayer counts, etc...

In epic lives the penalty is stronger, imho, then heroic, because, in particular for slayer areas, you loose a good and funny opportunity to get XP.

If ETR coud reset all the epic resources (and when cap will be raised to 30 the relevel will be longer), can give an advantage not only in terms of XP, but also in terms of fun (for all that find fun the slayer/explorer areas).

Epic past lives are stronger than heroic ones, so i dont find this all that surprising.

Though having slayers reset would be fun, since i enjoy them.

EllisDee37
11-06-2015, 05:19 AM
Comparing the two types of reincarnation where TR exp to get level 20 is doubled (2nd life) or tripled (3+ life), the second and further Epic lives need to grind more XP than the first due to the lack of first time bonuses, slayer counts, etc...My best guess is that their reasoning is heroic TRs require more xp than the first time, while ER is always the same xp but you get fewer xp bonuses on subsequent ERs. So it kinda sorta takes "more" xp.

MagicBlue
11-06-2015, 05:25 AM
My best guess is that their reasoning is heroic TRs require more xp than the first time, while ER is always the same xp but you get fewer xp bonuses on subsequent ERs. So it kinda sorta takes "more" xp.

True, but in this way you cut the chance to enjoy a lot of epic content (slayers, in detail).
I should vote for a little increase of the karma needed to get 2+ Epic past life, in change of a reset.
Today, you can save sagas to have a little xp boos in the next lives, but it's a shourcut that does not give any fun.

And with the cap increase will be longer to get new lives. Resetting all will make this process less painful.

Qhualor
11-06-2015, 05:45 AM
Epic reincarnation is treated like a lesser reincarnation. That's why slayers and favor don't reset because you don't go through a true reincarnation.

kmoustakas
11-06-2015, 06:16 AM

Please no. ETR is easy because we can prep everything for when it's time.

MagicBlue
11-06-2015, 06:40 AM
Epic reincarnation is treated like a lesser reincarnation. That's why slayers and favor don't reset because you don't go through a true reincarnation.

Does it make sense in your opinion?
They strip out levels, make you regress to level 20. You get a past life...nothing in the lesser reincarnation is that way.

In ETR i also would not permit to respec the first 20 levels. They should not be involved in the process.

Blastyswa
11-06-2015, 06:49 AM
They strip out levels, make you regress to level 20. You get a past life...nothing in the lesser reincarnation is that way.

In ETR i also would not permit to respec the first 20 levels. They should not be involved in the process.

Lesser Reincarnation drops your level to 0, and has you level back up. Epic Reincarnation has you drop your level to 0, and has you level back up. Lesser Reincarnation cannot change alignment, gender, or race. Epic Reincarnation cannot change alignment, gender, or race. The only difference between Lesser and Epic is that for Epic, you're trading 6.6m xp and 6m karma for a past life. I personally like the way ETR works just fine, because you can prep sagas/slayer to expedite the low levels after reincarnating, and it's good for final life builds because you can tweak your characters stats without having to undergo a full Heroic Reincarnation or use a Lesser Heart, which is much rarer to get without payment.

JOTMON
11-06-2015, 07:11 AM

No thanks, I don't want to have to lose my bank space and backpack space on favor reset and then have to go run starter quests level 20 to get my favor back.
~what about the TR cache, after losing bank/bag space would we then need to clear the TR cache when wanting to do an ER.

Running levels 20-28 go fast especially when running saga chains.

If resetting your Slayers is what you want to do, cycle in a TR or an Iconic and reset it all.

JOTMON
11-06-2015, 07:21 AM

This I think was just lazy programming, they used the LR template for ER's.

Would have been nice if they gave us a selection option..
1. Everything is just fine I don't want to change a **** thing, put me to 20 exactly the way I was and leave all my hotbars, channels, and any other choices I made just the way they are.
2. Soft Reset, default all my choices I made when I created the toon, I may tweak a stat or skill while levelling, but no major changes.
3. Hard Reset and let me manually level back to 20, its a frigging mess, got some serious changes to make..

MagicBlue
11-06-2015, 07:24 AM
No thanks, I don't want to have to lose my bank space and backpack space on favor reset and then have to go run starter quests level 20 to get my favor back.
~what about the TR cache, after losing bank/bag space would we then need to clear the TR cache when wanting to do an ER.

Running levels 20-28 go fast especially when running saga chains.

If resetting your Slayers is what you want to do, cycle in a TR or an Iconic and reset it all.

I asked if ETR could reset epic contents (epic quests, epic slayer and epic favour) not heroic ones. bank space and inventory is supposed to be achieved in heroic life.

Coyopa
11-06-2015, 07:45 AM
I asked if ETR could reset epic contents (epic quests, epic slayer and epic favour) not heroic ones. bank space and inventory is supposed to be achieved in heroic life.

Why would you want it to reset any favour? I could see if there was something usable gained by re-achieving favour with a particular patron, such as The Twelve (the large ingredients bag). However, once you get a Harper Pin, a Key to the City, or that stupid Spotted Wolf Pup certificate, there is no reason to get another one. Is there some reason I am missing that "epic" favour should be reset? (I put "epic" in quotes because there really is nothing distinguishing any subset of favour earned as being "epic" favour rather than "heroic" favour.)

Also, I think part of your problem is in thinking about it as an ETR. There is no "True" reincarnation involved in an Epic Reincarnation. I'm not sure why people use the acronym "ETR" rather than simply "ER" when it comes to an Epic Reincarnation. I mean, the common acronym is "IR" for an Iconic Reincarnation and that actually is a form of True Reincarnation and so I'm not sure why that acronym isn't "ITR" rather than "IR". However, with Epic Reincarnation, there is nothing about it that correlates to any kind of True Reincarnation. So, as much as I hate leveling back from 20 to 28 without doing any kind of TR after doing an ER, I don't think anything should be reset at all - whether that be epic quest completions, slayer zones, and DEFINITELY NOT favour. I think if people stop thinking about ER as being a form of True Reincarnation and start recognizing it as a form of +0 Lesser Reincarnation, then the fact that nothing gets "reset" when doing an ER will make sense. Maybe we'll even stop having to read inane requests like this one over and over and over and over and over....

MagicBlue
11-06-2015, 08:06 AM
Why would you want it to reset any favour? I could see if there was something usable gained by re-achieving favour with a particular patron, such as The Twelve (the large ingredients bag). However, once you get a Harper Pin, a Key to the City, or that stupid Spotted Wolf Pup certificate, there is no reason to get another one. Is there some reason I am missing that "epic" favour should be reset? (I put "epic" in quotes because there really is nothing distinguishing any subset of favour earned as being "epic" favour rather than "heroic" favour.)

Also, I think part of your problem is in thinking about it as an ETR. There is no "True" reincarnation involved in an Epic Reincarnation. I'm not sure why people use the acronym "ETR" rather than simply "ER" when it comes to an Epic Reincarnation. I mean, the common acronym is "IR" for an Iconic Reincarnation and that actually is a form of True Reincarnation and so I'm not sure why that acronym isn't "ITR" rather than "IR". However, with Epic Reincarnation, there is nothing about it that correlates to any kind of True Reincarnation. So, as much as I hate leveling back from 20 to 28 without doing any kind of TR after doing an ER, I don't think anything should be reset at all - whether that be epic quest completions, slayer zones, and DEFINITELY NOT favour. I think if people stop thinking about ER as being a form of True Reincarnation and start recognizing it as a form of +20 Lesser Reincarnation, then the fact that nothing gets "reset" when doing an ER will make sense. Maybe we'll even stop having to read inane requests like this one over and over and over and over and over....

I already have 5 pendant of time from heroic lives so should not be a big deal to have many keys or pins...
Favour apart that's nothing, I would like to see the epic quests and epic slayer reset after a "ER" (or ETR, my god what's the difference)?
Wen level cap will be raised to 30, the bonuses from reset will be very useful to xp faster.

Apart all this, it's incredible to see how people is "stick" in the routine of the processes and do not see beyond thier nose. Many things should be better but if something is changed so that can ruin that routine, it become a general alarm.
I understand now why there are so many complaints...be more creative, people. There is something else "beyond the rift".

EllisDee37
11-06-2015, 08:08 AM
I think if people stop thinking about ER as being a form of True Reincarnation and start recognizing it as a form of +20 Lesser Reincarnation, then the fact that nothing gets "reset" when doing an ER will make sense.Agreed, but it's an LR+0, not LR+20.

Coyopa
11-06-2015, 08:09 AM
Agreed, but it's an LR+0, not LR+20.

Good point. Fixed.

JOTMON
11-06-2015, 08:15 AM

ah, sorry, it didn't read that way to me.

even still.. nah...

I like being able to jump back into raids immediately without having to reflag.
restock Yugo pots. without having to reflag.
I would expect the epic reset to reset saga's, I enjoy not having to turn-in all my sagas before the ER. and turn them all in after I reincarnate, thus getting a quick XP injection by saving the rewards for after the ER and for alt destinies.

Coyopa
11-06-2015, 08:23 AM
I already have 5 pendant of time from heroic lives so should not be a big deal to have many keys or pins...
What's the point of having multiples? If you have two or more keys, all go on cooldown whenever any of them is used. So, it's not like you can use one key, stow it in the bank, pull another out of the bank, and then be able to teleport to Eveningstar immediately again. I would expect the same to be true of the pins. As for the Pendant of Time, this movement speed bonus is provided by the Chronoscope ship buff. So, unless you lack a guild with that buff, then you no longer need the Pendant of Time.

Favour apart that's nothing, I would like to see the epic quests and epic slayer reset after a "ER" (or ETR, my god what's the difference)?
The difference is that "ER" implies a Lesser Reincarnation, wherein your character is not deleted, cannot change gender/race/alignment/class split, and does not have to start earning experience from level 1. "ETR" implies a True Reincarnation is involved, wherein your character is actually deleted, can change gender/race/alignment/class split, and has to start earning experience from level 1. It's about setting and managing people's expectations. When people, especially newer people or people who haven't done an Epic Reincarnation before, read "ETR" they think "TR" is part of it and so they're nervous about the process and end up posting the nine millionth thread on the forums asking whether they start over at level 1 and have to earn experience from there or whether they get to level back to 20 (or some other level) right away. When people read "ER", there is no "TR" implied. Of course, it doesn't help that there are so many different kinds of reincarnations available and Turbine is largely responsible for the cluster**** of confusion that has resulted. That said, players aren't helping by using confusing acronyms and terms and mixing-and-matching them with nary a care for functional definitions.

Wen level cap will be raised to 30, the bonuses from reset will be very useful to xp faster.

Apart all this, it's incredible to see how people is "stick" in the routine of the processes and do not see beyond thier nose. Many things should be better but if something is changed so that can ruin that routine, it become a general alarm.
I understand now why there are so many complaints...be more creative, people. There is something else "beyond the rift".

I'm not stuck in the routine of the processes. It's a matter of the fact that an Epic Reincarnation is a form of Lesser Reincarnation and not a form of True Reincarnation. The two general types of reincarnation work differently. Since ER is a form of LR, it needs to follow the same rules as all the other forms of LR. Now, if it were a form of TR, then it should follow those rules instead. I say this as someone who has done exactly one Epic Reincarnation, which was not followed by a True Reincarnation, and whose ER'd character has not yet reached level 28 again (currently level 26). So, your suggested change would actually help me out quite a bit because it would make the re-leveling go a lot faster and that character would have long ago gotten back to level 28. In spite of all that, I am still against your idea for the reasons I've stated.

RD2play
11-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Maybe add the option to reset the slayer area's when fully completed ? This would solve your issue and leave ER as is

Qhualor
11-06-2015, 08:39 AM

No it doesn't make sense to me you get a epic past life for not doing a true reincarnation. With level 30 coming the devs should change ER to ETR. Since day 1 many players have been confused with what an ER is and suggest changes that occur for a true reincarnation.

Thrudh
11-06-2015, 08:47 AM
This I think was just lazy programming, they used the LR template for ER's.

Lazy programming? Or smart, efficient programming by re-using existing code that has already been deployed and bug-tested?

Would have been nice if they gave us a selection option..
1. Everything is just fine I don't want to change a **** thing, put me to 20 exactly the way I was and leave all my hotbars, channels, and any other choices I made just the way they are.
2. Soft Reset, default all my choices I made when I created the toon, I may tweak a stat or skill while levelling, but no major changes.
3. Hard Reset and let me manually level back to 20, its a frigging mess, got some serious changes to make..

#1 would be cool, and maybe not too hard... (I certainly don't know what variables could mess this up)
#2 would not work... Tweaking a stat or skill could break a build (i.e. you took a feat before that requires a certain stat or skill level)
#3 is of course what we already have.

Coyopa
11-06-2015, 08:47 AM
No it doesn't make sense to me you get a epic past life for not doing a true reincarnation. With level 30 coming the devs should change ER to ETR. Since day 1 many players have been confused with what an ER is and suggest changes that occur for a true reincarnation.

I would be fine with changing ER to ETR and forcing you to earn experience from level one again. However, that's because I have found re-leveling from 20 without resetting the slayers, explorers, and quest first-time bonuses to be an un-fun slog and I have no intention of ever again doing an ER without accompanying it with a TR. That all said, I don't really think it needs to be changed because it leaves open the possibility of playing from 20 to 28 again for those people who enjoy it (and I know there are people who do, indeed, enjoy it). For people like me, I can already achieve what you're suggesting simply by leveling back to 20 and then doing a TR. So, I can't see a lot of benefit to making this change, even though I would be fine if they did.

Jiirix
11-06-2015, 08:49 AM
The only thing I do at cap is farm items and prep some sagas for the next eTR. If the quests would reset on eTR all that was left at cap would be the items. I hardly wear my endgame gear, please don't make it even less.

Thrudh
11-06-2015, 08:49 AM
I don't want to see everything reset, but I would love to see slayers/explorers reset... I totally enjoy those areas.

But then again, I usually heroic TR after every 3rd ER, so I reset all those myself anyway...

Ellihor
11-06-2015, 08:51 AM
Don't need to reset favor. Turbine would not like that as people would get too much free TP. But I'd love to se it resting the first time bonus and slayers. That would give us reason to do other than EN daily.

Tom.JonesJr
11-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Resetting Epic quests would also mean reflagging for all the epic raids and resetting the raid count. Current system allows a player to run multi lives while run there 20 raid runs in one TR.

MagicBlue
11-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Resetting Epic quests would also mean reflagging for all the epic raids and resetting the raid count. Current system allows a player to run multi lives while run there 20 raid runs in one TR.

Oh..no.. Raid counter should not reset :)

bls904c2
11-06-2015, 09:46 AM

many of epics are tied to heroics LOD, half of gianthold, druids, wheloon, VON, can't reset epics without resetting heroics.

Tom.JonesJr
11-06-2015, 09:50 AM
Oh..no.. Raid counter should not reset :)

Do you guys realize how programming works all this stuff is tied together and very hard to separate back out at a later date, that is what leads to major bugs. It is best to leave it as is. If you want to reset your quests then TR. I have almost hit lvl 26 on my first run through this epic life and have barely touched any of the epic quest available. There are plenty of quest that can be done first time to do 3 ETR if you are picky about which you do first, and more are coming.

slarden
11-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Oh this would be nice. I could run alts through a full ETR each day getting 3 to epic completionist in just under 4 months.

legendkilleroll
11-06-2015, 10:17 AM
I dont think its a good idea, with all the people with their near endless supply of 50% pots and major slayer pots

JOTMON
11-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Do you guys realize how programming works all this stuff is tied together and very hard to separate back out at a later date, that is what leads to major bugs. It is best to leave it as is. If you want to reset your quests then TR. I have almost hit lvl 26 on my first run through this epic life and have barely touched any of the epic quest available. There are plenty of quest that can be done first time to do 3 ETR if you are picky about which you do first, and more are coming.

its just '0's and '1's

noinfo
11-06-2015, 10:38 AM

Not ever. I want to progress in epic not heroic.

Alizar
11-06-2015, 10:43 AM
I would be fine with changing ER to ETR and forcing you to earn experience from level one again. However, that's because I have found re-leveling from 20 without resetting the slayers, explorers, and quest first-time bonuses to be an un-fun slog and I have no intention of ever again doing an ER without accompanying it with a TR. That all said, I don't really think it needs to be changed because it leaves open the possibility of playing from 20 to 28 again for those people who enjoy it (and I know there are people who do, indeed, enjoy it). For people like me, I can already achieve what you're suggesting simply by leveling back to 20 and then doing a TR. So, I can't see a lot of benefit to making this change, even though I would be fine if they did.

Options are nice to have. Benefits those who don't want to change their class or play heroics. Without the reset I see people running "daily xp runs". Run the same handful of quests over and over and over. Boring grind. No reason to run hard difficulty or variety.

noinfo
11-06-2015, 10:43 AM

A first play through epic bonus similar to but not stacking with first time bonuses and allow bb. No favour reset. Slayers etc completed are reset.

Amundir
11-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Do you guys realize how programming works all this stuff is tied together and very hard to separate back out at a later date, that is what leads to major bugs. It is best to leave it as is.

What programming? Batch programming? Object oriented programming? Functional programming? Because, ya know, ALL programming is the same, for every programmer in the world. It's not really necessary to have terms like tight coupling and lose coupling, and MVC, and all that jazz. Yeah, I have no clue about how 'programming' works.

That aside, if your statement is accurate, that simply is a design/code smell, reflecting code that is too tightly coupled and lacking unit/functional tests.

Coyopa
11-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Options are nice to have. Benefits those who don't want to change their class or play heroics. Without the reset I see people running "daily xp runs". Run the same handful of quests over and over and over. Boring grind. No reason to run hard difficulty or variety.

Yeah. I don't want to force people to run heroic lives when they don't want to do so. They'll probably get sick of it after the first - or the first three - and decide to leave instead of stick with the game. Besides, if the devs were going to make this change, they would have simply moved TR out to level cap and called it a day.

Alizar
11-06-2015, 11:08 AM
I dont think its a good idea, with all the people with their near endless supply of 50% pots and major slayer pots

why do cheaters need to be factored into this? I could care less what happens to them.

Thrudh
11-06-2015, 11:50 AM
I have almost hit lvl 26 on my first run through this epic life and have barely touched any of the epic quest available. There are plenty of quest that can be done first time to do 3 ETR if you are picky about which you do first, and more are coming.

This is true... I can easily do 3 full epic TRs without hardly repeating any quests at all...

Then I usually get tired of epic levels or that character, and I do a heroic TR, enjoy 1-20 again (without repeating a quest), and then do 3 more epic TRs (without repeating a quest).

This game has a ton of content.

Thrudh
11-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Oh this would be nice. I could run alts through a full ETR each day getting 3 to epic completionist in just under 4 months.

Get a job, hippy! :)

Thrudh
11-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Without the reset I see people running "daily xp runs". Run the same handful of quests over and over and over. Boring grind.

That's because people are stupid.

"I hate running the same handful quests over and over!"

"So run some of the other quests"

"No! I need to get to 28 as fast as possible, so I can ER and run the same boring handful of quests over and over again sooner!"

"Umm... Wouldn't it be better to get to 28 50% slower, but have fun the entire time?"

"No, faster! Sooner! That's better!"

"But how is 20 hours of boring better than 30 hours of fun?"

"Faster! Sooner! Better!"

Starla70
11-06-2015, 12:25 PM
I for one hope this is not done. I guess I could see resetting slayer to earn more xp quicker, but that would be the only thing I would want. Setting up raids to run is part of the appeal for most players. I know I work hard on my toons to get them all flagged for the next ETR before I do it, so I can run the raids as lfms appear. I also agree with the time to code all those changes should be used for more pressing uses by the DEV team.

Qhualor
11-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Not ever. I want to progress in epic not heroic.

That's why I said ETR not TR.

Qhualor
11-06-2015, 12:28 PM

To be clear, when I said change ER to ETR after cap goes to 30 I meant start at level 20 resetting slayer, MM and getting back BB.

Alizar
11-06-2015, 12:45 PM

"No! I need to get to 28 as fast as possible, so I can ER and run the same boring handful of quests over and over again sooner!"

"Umm... Wouldn't it be better to get to 28 50% slower, but have fun the entire time?"

Well in general xp is what drives the masses regardless of fun factor. It's no fun running sagas by yourself either. Just would like these groups to be enticed to run the sagas more. Doesn't need to be logical. Just fun!

Alizar
11-06-2015, 12:49 PM
To be clear, when I said change ER to ETR after cap goes to 30 I meant start at level 20 resetting slayer, MM and getting back BB.

Yes please

bartharok
11-06-2015, 12:50 PM

Dont you know the fun is getting everything done so you can sit at cap complaining that you have nothing to do.

SirValentine
11-06-2015, 01:12 PM
Maybe add the option to reset the slayer area's when fully completed ? This would solve your issue and leave ER as is

At one time, quest XP was much more limited. Repetition penalties stacked up, permanently.

It seems to me that having slayers cap out matches that same old paradigm. If it was appropriate to change it for quests (daily ransack that goes away, instead of permanent penalty), maybe it's appropriate to think about how to change it similarly for wilderness.

Yes to improving Slayer replay-ability, no to removing all my hard-fought flagging & favor & raid counters & sagas, etc., upon ER.

(PS: However, I wouldn't want wilderness areas entirely "reset"! I put a lot of effort into finding rares, etc., too, and don't want that invalidated when I'm doing a mere ER, not a TR.)

Coyopa
11-06-2015, 01:14 PM

OK, except that isn't any form of True Reincarnation. That just a Lesser Reincarnation with some selective benefits. If you're going to make those benefits available for ER, then they should be made available for all forms of LR.

Alizar
11-06-2015, 01:44 PM
OK, except that isn't any form of True Reincarnation. That just a Lesser Reincarnation with some selective benefits. If you're going to make those benefits available for ER, then they should be made available for all forms of LR.

That makes to sense to me. ER isn't a LR. LR is available to rework stats etc. ER is basically a past epic life. Doesn't matter what the programming is or mechanics being used. Things change.

redoubt
11-06-2015, 01:52 PM
On reincarnations:

True Reincarnation (TR)
-- keep raid counters through this process (i.e. don't reset them any more)

Epic Reincarnation (ER)
-- add a screen during the process that asks you to put in a TR heart if you want to do both ER and TR. This would allow you to do the process just once and not have to level up to 20 in the middle.
-- add a screen with the option to just start at 20 EXACTLY the way you were and not have to level up again from zero.

Lord_Asmodeus
11-06-2015, 01:53 PM
We have raid timer resets, how about a slayer area reset that resets 1 slayer area and can be used for that area only once per ETR. It would only reset kill count for the area. For sale in the DDO store.
Better yet the other epic slayer areas should be reworked to be more like Thunderholme, where you can go in as a raid group and Dungeon Scaling would effect mob spawns. After all there is a reason you don't see LFMs for Gianthold/Kings Forrest/Stormhorns slayers areas.

Qhualor
11-06-2015, 02:51 PM

I don't think it would be possible to do a creation screen at level 20 like a TR has to do at level 1. Everything else I believe could work since the only real difference between a TR and a ETR is creation process. If you buy an LR from the store it doesn't reset your favor or resets quests for BB or grants past lives and never has. In my suggestion it basically would be an LR with benefits of a TR, but makes more sense than the current process.

slarden
11-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Get a job, hippy! :)

Hah, I haven't had a single day of employment since graduating college and I am only 6 years away from retirement.

memloch
11-06-2015, 03:27 PM
Hah, I haven't had a single day of employment since graduating college and I am only 6 years away from retirement.

I want your life. Please!

Borkor
11-06-2015, 04:00 PM
No thank you.

I prefer ER to work as it currently does. If you want to reset your quest first time bonuses and slayer areas - sprinkle in some TRs or ITRs. Not difficult and will get you some heroic and iconic past lives as well.

I have a triple epic completionist who is still on his first heroic life - so I am well aware of the grind. It is the price I pay to have him get 80 Abbott's, 80 Shrouds, 80 VoN 6s, 40 Deathwyrms, 40 DoJs, etc. (barely ever using raid bypasses - except Abbott - those run in spurts and the best time to run them is when they are being run....). For me it was worth it.

I had other toons that I played the 3 ER, then TR or ITR. Yes they went through the lives quicker. But they had to reflag for every raid and could not carry over the raid counters. My all triple completionist toon is finally stacking up the raids now that he has no more lives available to him until the next expansion of iconics or classes. I built up over half of his heroic lives under the 'old' TR system (4.3m xp per life, no BB), so I know what a grind is. We don't need more easy buttons on the various TR forms - they are easy enough as it is.

noinfo
11-07-2015, 08:58 AM

Actually that is not quite accurate. What I tend to see is that people incorporate daily xp runs into their sessions so they can see s significant gain during their play time. This is not all they do during their session and for many progress is part of how they get enjoyment from the game, regardless of whether the bonus plays out after 3 or 10, the fix of needing a full TR is a flaw in design.

Or should we say that people should only get y amount fixed of xp per day regardless of what they run then they can focus on fun and everyone is the same? Don't think the game would last long on that model. If you want people not to worry about xp per min then stop requiring them to regress to progress.

Really there is no reason for bonuses not to happen in someway each life.

noinfo
11-07-2015, 09:06 AM
No thank you.

I prefer ER to work as it currently does. If you want to reset your quest first time bonuses and slayer areas - sprinkle in some TRs or ITRs. Not difficult and will get you some heroic and iconic past lives as well.

I have a triple epic completionist who is still on his first heroic life - so I am well aware of the grind. It is the price I pay to have him get 80 Abbott's, 80 Shrouds, 80 VoN 6s, 40 Deathwyrms, 40 DoJs, etc. (barely ever using raid bypasses - except Abbott - those run in spurts and the best time to run them is when they are being run....). For me it was worth it.

I had other toons that I played the 3 ER, then TR or ITR. Yes they went through the lives quicker. But they had to reflag for every raid and could not carry over the raid counters. My all triple completionist toon is finally stacking up the raids now that he has no more lives available to him until the next expansion of iconics or classes. I built up over half of his heroic lives under the 'old' TR system (4.3m xp per life, no BB), so I know what a grind is. We don't need more easy buttons on the various TR forms - they are easy enough as it is.

Having bonuses linked to heroic tr is a design flaw, yep its not hard but no one should have too. If you feel that they should have to regarm favour that may be an option but calling it an easy button because they did not tr or itr is not accurate

Valniel
11-07-2015, 09:18 AM
Resetting first time completion and slayer would be nice.

But favor is the worst idea ever. It means more grind to have some useful favor back, and means more easy tp ... These are too heavy drawback and benefit.

Enoach
11-07-2015, 11:34 AM
The thing is not everyone wants things reset when the Epic Reincarnate...

Sagas - Are currently based on completion of quests. If completions are removed it is likely Sagas will be reset
Favor - There is no additional favor earned doing quests on Epic. Epic Elite is the same amount of favor as Heroic Elite. Favor also is tied to completions
Slayer Areas - There is a lot of XP in the Slayer areas, a lot that is also quick to earn. However, I'm willing to bet most people don't do a complete run of a slayer area during their first time back in epics. Simply because the first time bonus and the Bravery Bonus for Epic only quests is generally a lot of XP

As an option, I'm not entirely sure. Currently, we players have the option of resetting all of these through a True Reincarnation or an Iconic True Reincarnation.

I have characters where I did 12 ER's and have not yet felt I'm not earning enough XP to level from 20 to 28. Sure its not as fast as getting +40% or +80% XP. But it might simply be that I'm not in that much of a hurry to get all of the Epic Past Lives of which 2/3 of the stances can't be used at any given time.

eachna_gislin
11-07-2015, 12:18 PM

I wouldn't want this. Being able to ER and not have to re-flag for raids is a very strong benefit. Not everyone _likes_ flagging quests but many people in epic levels like raiding.

Edit: As pointed out above, I would be really ****ed if I lost my raid counters every time I ER'd and I'd pretty much stop ERing. Being able to slowly increase overall power while being ready to jump into raids is why I ER.

FranOhmsford
11-07-2015, 11:26 PM

HELL NO TO RESETTING FAVOUR ON E-TRs!

It's already hard enough to reach 5k Favour - If this happened it would be impossible for me!

It took me 3 full E-TRs to reach 5k on the first character to get it and no other character has more than 4,700 at this time {Some of those have E-TRd!}.

Resetting Slayers is all well and good for those who take advantage of A Grim Disturbance to max out KF each E-TR but will render most other Epic Slayers uncompleteable and forget about KF Rares other than A Grim Disturbance!

IF it's possible for the Devs to reset 1st time BB on an E-TR WITHOUT resetting Favour then that would be nice but I doubt this is possible so NO!

HernandoCortez
11-08-2015, 12:03 AM
Resetting slayers would be nice.

Dragavon
11-08-2015, 04:27 AM

If you prepare all saga's before epic reincarnation then you are well past lvl 24 in 5 minutes after leaving the bridge between. Getting to cap after that takes a couple of days (6-8 hours playtime). That is not fast enough for you?

And resetting favour? No way :mad:

EllisDee37
11-08-2015, 04:49 AM
If you prepare all saga's before epic reincarnation then you are well past lvl 24 in 5 minutes after leaving the bridge between. Getting to cap after that takes a couple of days (6-8 hours playtime). That is not fast enough for you?Well over 2.1 million from saga rewards alone? Then 4 million from 6-8 hours of questing? That's a sustained 9k/minute including getting to quests, which presumably includes running all the sagas on EE to prepare for the next ER. (How long does that take? Honest question, as I have no idea.)

This sounds like running +50% xp pots 24/7, which seems like an unreasonable benchmark for claiming that's how long it takes.

Dragavon
11-08-2015, 06:59 AM
Without noting how many hours, I have completed an epic life in 5 days, from Monday to Friday, playing from around 6pm to 10 pm after work, with the majority of tuesday and friday night spent on other characters doing guild raids. I did not have all saga's for that life.

I have friends that have completed epic lives in 2 days.

Pnumbra
11-08-2015, 10:57 AM

Like so many of these kinds of post, you are thinking only about what you want to meet your needs. As so many have stated eTR is really an eLR. Therefore is is working correctly. The change to have slayer area can be argued for and against equally. I don't want the area reset because of the sheer number of kills required to gain the XP. It would also increase the need for slayer pots, require a huge investment in time hunting in those areas, and slow down leveling considerably. Counter to your experience, I do not find the slayer areas to be fun - save Orchard, it is at least vibrant in its fullness of mobs and less dead space. High Road and King's Forest are horrible hunting areas. They are just landscapes to traverse in order to reach a series of quest.

There are no advantages to resetting epic resources.