PDA

View Full Version : Joy of the queen stealth nerfed with statistical proof

AtomicMew
10-31-2015, 06:11 PM
Someone posted this data elsewhere.

Out of 1000 uses of Audience with the Queen, here are the statistics for what buffs I received and how many times:

409x 10 Royalty bonus to all saving throws
271x +100 Royalty bonus to Physical Resistance Rating
166x 75% Royalty bonus resistanc
154x +300 Royalty bonus to Maximum HP
0x Joy of the queen
0x Indulgence of the queen

Previous estimates of the proc rate were around the 2% chance. If you run a statistical test, the chances that the joy proc rate is still 2% given the data is roughly 1 in 360 million. It is nerfed.

The bigger issue is not that it is nerfed, but why it was nerfed without the devs telling the players. Not even mentioning the change in the release notes is incredibly disrespectful to the player base, in my opinion.

Thrudh
10-31-2015, 06:15 PM

Previous estimates of the proc rate were around the 2% chance. If you run a statistical test, the chances that the joy proc rate is still 2% given the data is roughly 1 in 360 million. It is nerfed.

The bigger issue is not that it is nerfed, but why it was nerfed without the devs telling the players. Not even mentioning the change in the release notes is incredibly disrespectful to the player base, in my opinion.

Isn't there a diplomacy skill check? Did the person who compiled this data have enough diplomacy?

AtomicMew
10-31-2015, 06:20 PM
If he didn't have enough diplomacy, he would see a different set of buffs.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Audience_with_the_Queen

slarden
10-31-2015, 08:12 PM
If he didn't have enough diplomacy, he would see a different set of buffs.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Audience_with_the_Queen

Yeah the chance is definitely reduced. For an end game character with many past lifes they are probably better off running in EA or Draconic and twisting in prism/rainbow/double rainbow. All that shiradi gives you now besides double rainbow is the nerve venom.

Ellihor
10-31-2015, 08:42 PM
Yeah the chance is definitely reduced. For an end game character with many past lifes they are probably better off running in EA or Draconic and twisting in prism/rainbow/double rainbow. All that shiradi gives you now besides double rainbow is the nerve venom.

Don't think that's the case. It was not reduced. It was just removed completly. I'm ok with that, but not telling the playerbase was very unkind.

AtomicMew
10-31-2015, 09:48 PM

Shiradi is adding a lot of base damage through the various procs. It's about 25 base damage in force/sonic/random elements.

Qaliya
10-31-2015, 10:10 PM
I just hit epic levels after a long time away and went into Shiradi. I was in Delera's and realized I had forgotten about that capstone ability. I hit it once and got Joy of the Queen.

That proves nothing about odds, but it does prove that it has not been taken out.

Jon_Irenicus
10-31-2015, 10:12 PM
Shiradi is adding a lot of base damage through the various procs. It's about 25 base damage in force/sonic/random elements.

Then for some people it's bias and probably bugged. I too have the same problem.

Qaliya
10-31-2015, 10:25 PM
Someone is confused, maybe it's me, but the DDO wiki says this about Joy of the Queen:

You achieved a critical success on your Diplomacy check (40). You receive some tea (11 seconds of fast healing), and are affected by one of the following buffs:

75% Royalty bonus resistance to Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, and Sonic damage.
+100 Royalty bonus to Physical Resistance Rating
+300 Royalty bonus to Maximum HP
+10 Royalty bonus to all saving throws
+10 Royalty bonus to all ability scores. In addition, your spells gain a 50% chance to generate a random effect (as Double Rainbow on Prism Stance but at 50% chance instead of 7%).

Aren't those most of what is listed in the first post?

Silverleafeon
10-31-2015, 10:30 PM
Logged in, first roll on Fawngate:

Diplomacy 37 + 14 = critical success ~ yield JOY of the QUEEN

AtomicMew
10-31-2015, 10:39 PM
Guys, I mean the ability with +10 abilities + 50% proc rate buff, commonly referred to as "joy" or "joy of the queen" in game. I'm not talking about any of the other abilities under the same label that nobody cares about. Sorry for the confusion.

slarden
10-31-2015, 10:44 PM
Logged in, first roll on Fawngate:

Diplomacy 37 + 14 = critical success ~ yield JOY of the QUEEN

Hitting the minimum diplomacy score always results in "Joy of the Queen". What the OP is talking about are the 2 best procs

- The queen is madly in love with you
- Indulgence of the Queen

The second was always very rare. The first used to be much more common.

slarden
10-31-2015, 10:46 PM
Don't think that's the case. It was not reduced. It was just removed completly. I'm ok with that, but not telling the playerbase was very unkind.

It's not removed unless that was with the most recent patch.

Silverleafeon
10-31-2015, 10:55 PM
Someone is confused, maybe it's me, but the DDO wiki says this about Joy of the Queen

Joy of the Queen is gained anytime you roll a 40+ diplomacy check, period.

I think he is wondering about "+10 Royalty bonus to all ability scores. In addition, your spells gain a 50% chance to generate a random effect (as Double Rainbow on Prism Stance but at 50% chance instead of 7%)."

Qaliya
10-31-2015, 10:57 PM
Ah okay. It seemed we were talking about different things, and it's a bit confusing even on the wiki.

PermaBanned
10-31-2015, 11:21 PM
Don't think that's the case. It was not reduced. It was just removed completly. I'm ok with that, but not telling the playerbase was very unkind.That's assuming it was removed intentionally, and not via some "mushrooms are doors" type scenario. Seen far too many "oopsies" on their part over the years to just assume this was intentional. (Of course it may indeed be intentional, but I'd give it at best 50/50 odds of Oops vs Intentional)

Jon_Irenicus
10-31-2015, 11:25 PM
That's assuming it was removed intentionally, and not via some "mushrooms are doors" type scenario. Seen far too many "oopsies" on their part over the years to just assume this was intentional. (Of course it may indeed be intentional, but I'd give it at best 50/50 odds of Oops vs Intentional)

Even if they removed it accidently, they still should fix. If they stealth nerfed it then it's a shame and pretty disgraceful towards the player-base as they didn't inform us in the update log.

PermaBanned
11-01-2015, 04:05 AM
Even if they removed it accidently, they still should fix.Agreed, though it's entirely possible (and far from unprecedented) that this thread will be the first time they learn of it - even if bug reports have been filed, none of us know how deep that que is or how long it takes a report to go from filed to read to put on an action list to an implemented correction. For that matter, this thread could die and a few weeks or months from now a similar one could be posted where a Dev could respond with "I'm not aware of this, I'll look into it..." to which someone would reply with a link to this thread; seen that happen on more than one occasion too. (Not saying that's a good excuse for them, just that it wouldn't be the first time such has happened.) Hopefully they'll get enough PMs and nags to answer & rectify it soon (our soon, not their "soon" ;)).

If they stealth nerfed it then it's a shame and pretty disgraceful towards the player-base as they didn't inform us in the update log.Yes, if it was intentional then it's just a "one finger salute" to the players and that's not cool.

dunklezhan
11-01-2015, 06:22 AM
Agreed, though it's entirely possible (and far from unprecedented) that this thread will be the first time they learn of it

Yes

Yes, if it was intentional then it's just a "one finger salute" to the players and that's not cool.

That's a mighty big 'if'.

First of all, as I've stated in another thread recently, whilst players might take certain changes as a 'get stuffed' or a 'stab in the back' or a 'one finger salute'.... it is highly unlikely Turbine would have intended such a thing that way. Second of all, it very unlikely in this case given the profile of the ability that a change has even been 'made', as I've never seen them deliberately change an ED and not say so. A change may have 'happened', but as you observe, it may well not be an intentional one.

Anyway, aren't there a few posts in this thread indicating that they have received the buff in question? I would suggest it's probably either a huge amount of bad luck or that there's a particular combination of abilities, feats, gear, ED whatever that is causing a problem. I see the testing data, I don't see the build and gear detail - Turbine will likely need both.

Though honestly, from a personal perspective, I never pick abilities that do stuff randomly like that. Ugh, I hate not knowing what my investment is going to do. I know I'm at odds with folk there - I was always the person in PnP who would immediately get rid/sell/destroy any wands of wonder I happened to find. Comedy effects are great... but not random ones when you need to win a fight.

LightBear
11-01-2015, 07:40 AM

Is this a reply to:

From this description, I doubt there are any bugs here. There are some small (tiny) and unequal chances involved here, and some things you are not expected to get very often at all. You would have to activate this hundreds of times to start approaching meaningful data collection. Statistical anomalies are very, very likely unless you test it rather a lot.

Additionally, the chaotic nature of Shiradi Champion doesn't guarantee that anything produced at random is going to be the same from one update to the next. Note that none of the buffs you list here are part of the ability description. DDO Wiki is very useful and awesome, but cannot be relied upon for fully documenting all elements of Shiradi Champion.
?

If so, wasn't it said by a dev somewhere that Shiradi indeed was changed?

Saekee
11-01-2015, 07:42 AM
Were they using handwraps and a warlock aura lol?
Thx for the diligence in compiling the data and sharing it

Forzah
11-01-2015, 08:00 AM
So instead of nerfing with the nerf hammer, they resorted to nerfing with statistical proof :p

jalont
11-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Someone's lying. I've been running a shiradi caster for days, and there's been no change. Indulgence still procs, and it procs around the same rate it always has. Be careful where you get your information.

nubbinns
11-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Someone's lying. I've been running a shiradi caster for days, and there's been no change. Indulgence still procs, and it procs around the same rate it always has. Be careful where you get your information.

Days? LOL. Nice one.

I main a shiradi. One of the better on my server. Haven't seen Joy proc since August. That is multiple hundreds of uses, easily. Over the span of months. Shiradi itself is a wonky ED as is. I have had a friend who couldn't get any of the shiradi procs on his spammer to trigger. Tried a LR/ER/reset ED and nothing worked. So, no. No one is lying. I would question your weak example, and would pretty much believe anyone with actual data over someone who posts that way. .

Silverleafeon
11-01-2015, 11:36 AM
I don't know about the rest of the DDO worlds, but we don't call it Joy on Khyber, we can it "Getting god mode", something a caster will give up shrining to keep and encourage the rest of the group to zerg forward.

jalont
11-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Days? LOL. Nice one.

I main a shiradi. One of the better on my server. Haven't seen Joy proc since August. That is multiple hundreds of uses, easily. Over the span of months. Shiradi itself is a wonky ED as is. I have had a friend who couldn't get any of the shiradi procs on his spammer to trigger. Tried a LR/ER/reset ED and nothing worked. So, no. No one is lying. I would question your weak example, and would pretty much believe anyone with actual data over someone who posts that way. .

You can question anything you want. There are three people in this thread confirming it still procs. I can't really comment on the proc rate because I don't keep detailed counts. It feels the same.

Jon_Irenicus
11-01-2015, 11:49 AM
You can question anything you want. There are three people in this thread confirming it still procs. I can't really comment on the proc rate because I don't keep detailed counts. It feels the same.

Only one person so far said that it works for him. It could be a server related issue too because I'm on Orien and I haven't seen it in more than 4 months.

jalont
11-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Only one person so far said that it works for him. It could be a server related issue too because I'm on Orien and I haven't seen it in more than 4 months.

It isn't a server issue, LOL. People are just confused, or in the case of the other forum, purposely trolling. Look around the board. See how everyone complains about everything? You really think that if all these casters and warlocks in Shiradi weren't getting their good Shiradi procs, they wouldn't be complaining nonstop? If it were to happen, it would have happened since the last patch which was a couple days ago. I've been on a shiradi caster these last couple days, and I'm still getting the good procs.

I'm sorry. This isn't a bug or "nerf" that would only affect certain servers. When faced with what I see with my own eyes and what random people I don't know say, I have to go with what I see.

PsychoBlonde
11-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Then for some people it's bias and probably bugged. I too have the same problem.

I suspect it may not be landing for people who have too much diplomacy, because I've got over 80 on my sorc and I've been farming the night revels. Haven't gotten the +10 stats even once.

You seem to get it the most when you're right around 40-50 diplomacy in my experience. Could people try posting what their diplomacy scores are?

Wireless_Joe
11-01-2015, 12:15 PM
Position 1: Joy of the Queen isn't working for me and may be broken in certain situations; here is some evidence.

Position 2: I say Joy of the Queen works for me; therefore it's not broken for anyone.

'Bout right? :p

It seems to me there's enough evidence that it's not working for some people or in certain conditions that it warrants investigation.

Jon_Irenicus
11-01-2015, 12:25 PM
It isn't a server issue, LOL. People are just confused, or in the case of the other forum, purposely trolling. Look around the board. See how everyone complains about everything? You really think that if all these casters and warlocks in Shiradi weren't getting their good Shiradi procs, they wouldn't be complaining nonstop? If it were to happen, it would have happened since the last patch which was a couple days ago. I've been on a shiradi caster these last couple days, and I'm still getting the good procs.

I'm sorry. This isn't a bug or "nerf" that would only affect certain servers. When faced with what I see with my own eyes and what random people I don't know say, I have to go with what I see.

and you seem to be confused on what we are talking about here.

Let me highlight:
People including me are not getting 50% proc buff from Tea with the Queen. This has nothing to do with random damage procs from double rainbow and such.

PsychoBlonde
11-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Okay, they DEFINITELY changed SOMETHING, because THIS just happened to me:

(Combat): You make a Diplomacy skill check. You roll a 3 (+37): critical success!
(Combat): You are affected by your ranged power 10.
(Combat): +10 Special bonus to Ranged Power

And a got a special buff that gives +10 ranged power for an hour.

Notice that it happened on a roll of EXACTLY 40, too.

PsychoBlonde
11-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Here's a screenie:

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq78/JMeganSnow/ScreenShot00049_zpswdogyord.jpg

Jon_Irenicus
11-01-2015, 12:44 PM

(Combat): You make a Diplomacy skill check. You roll a 3 (+37): critical success!

That's new aaaand not in the change log?
What server are you on?

PsychoBlonde
11-01-2015, 12:56 PM
That's new aaaand not in the change log?
What server are you on?

Thelanis. I'm standing in a tavern and using tea every time it comes off cooldown. There's nobody else in the tavern and I'm not doing anything else, so that's the only place that buff could have come from (that and I didn't get any other bennie from using the tea).

PsychoBlonde
11-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Imma try to get another 40 and see what happens then (and whether I get the super-buff in the intervening tries, so far, no roll has resulted in +10 stats and indulgence).

PsychoBlonde
11-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Okay, I just rolled an 18 (37+18 = 55) and got:

(Combat): The Queen can't help falling in love with you!

You have been healed, gain Royalty bonus +10 to all ability scores, and your spells may cause random effects on enemies.

So, they didn't REMOVE it.

Jon_Irenicus
11-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Okay, I just rolled an 18 (37+18 = 55) and got:

(Combat): The Queen can't help falling in love with you!

You have been healed, gain Royalty bonus +10 to all ability scores, and your spells may cause random effects on enemies.

So, they didn't REMOVE it.

Something's up with it then. A lot of people aren't getting it which could signify that there's a bug.

PsychoBlonde
11-01-2015, 01:35 PM
Something's up with it then. A lot of people aren't getting it which could signify that there's a bug.

If it is actually based on specific roll milestones then anyone with a diplomacy above 55 won't be able to roll it. That's why I want to see what happens when I get specific results. But it takes a while.

Jon_Irenicus
11-01-2015, 01:47 PM
If it is actually based on specific roll milestones then anyone with a diplomacy above 55 won't be able to roll it. That's why I want to see what happens when I get specific results. But it takes a while.

That's possible but why would devs implement it?

PsychoBlonde
11-01-2015, 02:11 PM
That's possible but why would devs implement it?

I have no friggin clue. I'm assuming if they did it's an accident.

Just rolled 55 again, so nope, it just seems to be really, really rare. Although I still want an explanation for the Mystery Ranged Power bonus.

elkorm
11-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Buh I dont know about statistics, I just had the "chance to apply a random effect" proc after a tea 2 days ago (can't remember what's the useless part that procced as well, might have been 75% resistance) and shredded through End of the Road.
Might not work for everyone, but is definitely working for some.
cheers
Elk

slarden
11-01-2015, 03:34 PM
I don't know about the rest of the DDO worlds, but we don't call it Joy on Khyber, we can it "Getting god mode", something a caster will give up shrining to keep and encourage the rest of the group to zerg forward.

People refer to the "madly in love" result as "joy" on Sarlona even though technically any roll with the proper dip check gives joy - just not quite as much joy I guess.

slarden
11-01-2015, 03:38 PM

They should change this to +10 ranged power and +20 universal spell power. Since players are required to run in all spheres to get epic completionist it makes sense to continue supporting casters with shiradi.

Jon_Irenicus
11-01-2015, 04:11 PM
They should change this to +10 ranged power and +20 universal spell power. Since players are required to run in all spheres to get epic completionist it makes sense to continue supporting casters with shiradi.

+20 spell power won't really make much of a difference in terms of damage output.

Xaxx
11-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Personally i started to call it Happy Happy Joy Joy a long time ago... and got pretty much everyone who ever ran much with my shiradi to call it the same thing. Played my shiradi sorc a few times here lately and hadnt seen it proc. If this has been removed now to... WHAT IN A BLUE FLYING SPECKLED TEH_TROLLS FUNKY RABID FLAPSACK ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING???

I mean of all the unholy acts.... you say shiradi is to strong... nerf it... then nerf it again... nerf it again... the kick it in the sack one more time for good measure.... this while you supercharging meles.... then you decide meles to strong give em a bit of a nerf... and you have to go and remove shiradis one remaining big source of power......

The quote about shiradi's chaotic nature was just code for haha we'll nerf it without telling ya when we want to... because the chaotic side of shiradi never went ahead and introduced new powerful procs removing all the high ones they took out.... chaos sure seems weighted in one sides favor doesnt it?????

Jon_Irenicus
11-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Personally i started to call it Happy Happy Joy Joy a long time ago... and got pretty much everyone who ever ran much with my shiradi to call it the same thing. Played my shiradi sorc a few times here lately and hadnt seen it proc. If this has been removed now to... WHAT IN A BLUE FLYING SPECKLED TEH_TROLLS FUNKY RABID FLAPSACK ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING???

I mean of all the unholy acts.... you say shiradi is to strong... nerf it... then nerf it again... nerf it again... the kick it in the sack one more time for good measure.... this while you supercharging meles.... then you decide meles to strong give em a bit of a nerf... and you have to go and remove shiradis one remaining big source of power......

The quote about shiradi's chaotic nature was just code for haha we'll nerf it without telling ya when we want to... because the chaotic side of shiradi never went ahead and introduced new powerful procs removing all the high ones they took out.... chaos sure seems weighted in one sides favor doesnt it?????

I miss old procs like tar-pit fire and the one that damages enemies every-time they cast spells.
Devs seriously need to reply to us and explain what is happening :eek:

slarden
11-01-2015, 05:22 PM
+20 spell power won't really make much of a difference in terms of damage output.

It's more the principal that every other proc benefits ranged and casters and this one new proc doesn't benefit casters at all. 20 isn't much, but it's something. 10 ranged power isn't all that much either for that matter.

Thrudh
11-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Position 1: Joy of the Queen isn't working for me and may be broken in certain situations; here is some evidence.

Position 2: I say Joy of the Queen works for me; therefore it's not broken for anyone.

'Bout right? :p

It seems to me there's enough evidence that it's not working for some people or in certain conditions that it warrants investigation.

No, position #1 is "Joy of the Queen isn't working for me, therefore the devs removed it intentionally because they hate players, and disrespect us!"

I would totally respect the Position #1 that you stated, but that NEVER happens on these boards..

PsychoBlonde
11-01-2015, 06:51 PM
People refer to the "madly in love" result as "joy" on Sarlona even though technically any roll with the proper dip check gives joy - just not quite as much joy I guess.

This happens because the actual buff that appears on your bar says:

JOY OF THE QUEEN

The queen can't help falling in love with you! You receive a +10 Royalty bonus to all statistics and your spells and ranged attacks have a chance to produce random effects!

But the one that appears in the combat log says Indulgence of the Queen IIRC.

Jon_Irenicus
11-01-2015, 08:30 PM
This happens because the actual buff that appears on your bar says:

JOY OF THE QUEEN

The queen can't help falling in love with you! You receive a +10 Royalty bonus to all statistics and your spells and ranged attacks have a chance to produce random effects!

But the one that appears in the combat log says Indulgence of the Queen IIRC.

Yea. Queen having a midlife crisis is what everyone's not getting.

Severlin
11-01-2015, 11:01 PM

I believe the proc rate is 2% *when* you achieve a critical success, which puts the chance at .001, or 1 in 1000. So it wouldn't be uncommon to not get a proc chance in 1000 tries.

Regardless, we haven't discussed any changes to this ability so if it's changed it is a bug. We can recheck the stats on this ability tomorrow.

Sev~

Morroiel
11-01-2015, 11:27 PM
I believe the proc rate is 2% *when* you achieve a critical success, which puts the chance at .001, or 1 in 1000. So it wouldn't be uncommon to not get a proc chance in 1000 tries.

Regardless, we haven't discussed any changes to this ability so if it's changed it is a bug. We can recheck the stats on this ability tomorrow.

Sev~

That's for the super rare "Indulgence of the Mad Queen", which has a 100% double rainbow proc effect.

The one we should be seeing is: "Joy of the Queen: +10 Royalty bonus to all ability scores. In addition, your spells gain a 50% chance to generate a random effect (as Double Rainbow on Prism Stance but at 50% chance instead of 7%)."

This effect from Joy of the Queen used to be MUCH more common. When I played shiradi, I expected to get it roughly 2-8% of the time.

That being said - I despise the playstyle, so know that I'm not invested one way or the other in the outcome. HOWEVER, I would hope that this is given every attention till its fixed as you claim it was unintentional - DO NOT LEAVE THIS AS IS.

Jon_Irenicus
11-02-2015, 01:22 AM

Sev~

Yes, what we are talking about is more directed towards the "50% proc" buff which you get after "the Queen falls in love with you".

nubbinns
11-02-2015, 03:28 AM
The Joy proc of 10 to stats and 50% proc chance on spells is what we are posting about. Most call it Joy because the words "Joy of the Queen" pop overhead when acquired. Put it this way, the other buffs off of Tea are irrelevant. Never once have I been thrilled and said " aww yiss" over any of them. Wouldn't even miss them if all of them were gone. They're terrible. And if anyone says they are not, they are wrong, they are bad at game and should feel bad inside.

bartharok
11-02-2015, 03:33 AM
The Joy proc of 10 to stats and 50% proc chance on spells is what we are posting about. Most call it Joy because the words "Joy of the Queen" pop overhead when acquired. Put it this way, the other buffs off of Tea are irrelevant. Never once have I been thrilled and said " aww yiss" over any of them. Wouldn't even miss them if all of them were gone. They're terrible. And if anyone says they are not, they are wrong, they are bad at game and should feel bad inside.

How nice of you to say so.

I thought a good player can do with less, but your arguments have proven me wrong.

Eth
11-02-2015, 03:47 AM

You must be talking about indulgence of the mad queen, in which case that sounds about right, given how rare it is.

The +10 stat and 50% random effect buff was more around 10% (I once had a spreadsheet for it, but oh well, no idea where it is), whenever you had a 40+ diplomacy check.

I did one ETR with my shiradi since U28. Haven't seen it proc once since then.
You definitely changed something.

Jon_Irenicus
11-02-2015, 04:47 AM
You must be talking about indulgence of the mad queen, in which case that sounds about right, given how rare it is.

The +10 stat and 50% random effect buff was more around 10% (I once had a spreadsheet for it, but oh well, no idea where it is), whenever you had a 40+ diplomacy check.

I did one ETR with my shiradi since U28. Haven't seen it proc once since then.
You definitely changed something.

I agree. It was after U28 that I noticed that 50% proc buff no longer appeared. I'm sure this bug can't be that complex as it's a matter of choosing something randomly

Blivit
11-02-2015, 06:57 AM
That's assuming it was removed intentionally, and not via some "mushrooms are doors" type scenario. Seen far too many "oopsies" on their part over the years to just assume this was intentional. (Of course it may indeed be intentional, but I'd give it at best 50/50 odds of Oops vs Intentional)

Is it just a coincidence that it had a 2% chance rate, and 2% chance effect procs have been 0% for unarmed characters since U28 as well? It might be a related "oopsie".

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/465772-Anyone-else-seeing-their-Meteoric-Star-Ruby-and-to-proc-items-not-working-anymore/page2

arkonas
11-02-2015, 10:13 AM

Sev~

could you please make sure whatever the electricity thing, cometfall and flame strike please work. they have never worked since being added.

PsychoBlonde
11-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Is it just a coincidence that it had a 2% chance rate, and 2% chance effect procs have been 0% for unarmed characters since U28 as well? It might be a related "oopsie".

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/465772-Anyone-else-seeing-their-Meteoric-Star-Ruby-and-to-proc-items-not-working-anymore/page2

I thought they fixed the unarmed thing?

nubbinns
11-02-2015, 11:09 AM
How nice of you to say so.

I thought a good player can do with less, but your arguments have proven me wrong.

nothing to do with what I posted. if you mean that I cannot solo w/o Joy proc? Then you're wrong. if you mean the other buffs are good in a vacuum? you're wrong. if you mean a player can't do without it? You're wrong. Anyway you want to argue whatever it is you're trying to argue: you're wrong. KThxBai

Jon_Irenicus
11-02-2015, 12:10 PM
could you please make sure whatever the electricity thing, cometfall and flame strike please work. they have never worked since being added.

They never seemed to do any damage for me.

Blivit
11-02-2015, 04:46 PM

I thought they fixed the unarmed thing?

Thank you, I stand corrected. I ETR'd after they broke and was not high enough level to test my Thunderforged wraps again until today. 2% unarmed procs are indeed working again. I still wonder if it might be a similar bug, though.

Jon_Irenicus
11-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Thank you, I stand corrected. I ETR'd after they broke and was not high enough level to test my Thunderforged wraps again until today. 2% unarmed procs are indeed working again. I still wonder if it might be a similar bug, though.

Any news on how this issue is going, devs?

Melt-emi
04-05-2016, 03:18 PM
So, is this still the case? Cause i came back from several months of break and i can feel the difference, despite the intense usage i still cant get the "+10 Royalty bonus to all ability scores. In addition, your spells gain a 50% chance to generate a random effect (as Double Rainbow on Prism Stance but at 50% chance instead of 7%)" at all... Nerfed or bugged?

Eth
04-06-2016, 02:49 AM
So, is this still the case? Cause i came back from several months of break and i can feel the difference, despite the intense usage i still cant get the "+10 Royalty bonus to all ability scores. In addition, your spells gain a 50% chance to generate a random effect (as Double Rainbow on Prism Stance but at 50% chance instead of 7%)" at all... Nerfed or bugged?

It's still very rare, I'd say maybe 1%, but not as bad as it seemed to be, when this thread was posted.

They also changed the text when you get it now. It's now called "Joy of the Queen - Love".