PDA

View Full Version : Stormglory Thunderbird

morkahn82
10-25-2015, 06:41 AM
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af10/adversiityz/dddddddddd.png

Dear Turbine,

I do not like the current ship design of the newer boats (i.e. kraken, trefoil etc.), I am a fan of the old stormglory line. Unfortunately the largest Stormglory is not large enough i.e. has not enough slots and bacon.

Can you resize the typhoon, add new slots and sell it to me for 5000 astral shards please and call it stormglory thunderbird or similar? In order to do not annoy kraken users you can make it cost equally and have equally bacon and slots.

Thanks in advance,
morkahn

morkahn82
10-26-2015, 07:17 AM
free bump ;)

Coyopa
10-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Hey, if you manage to get a new ship created for those people that prefer the Stormglory line, more power to ya! I got a Kraken for my guild and, honestly, I don't care if your ship gets more bacon. I have plenty. Good luck to you getting a new ship!

Connman
10-26-2015, 11:06 AM
Yes please!

The deck layout on some of those ships are TERRIBLE, I get ship invites from time to time and have to run all over the place to figure out how to get off the darn thing. I like the stormglory line. It is open and flat, easy to maneuver. It looks cool and I enjoy it. I should upgrade my ship now that I have a decent guild level but am remiss to do so considering I would have to get an ugly, hard to navigate ship.

And it should be easy enough to code, all that really needs to change is the number of options on the doors.

morkahn82
10-26-2015, 11:19 AM
And it should be easy enough to code, all that really needs to change is the number of options on the doors.

my thoughts exactly. Scale typhoon 1:1.4. Rename. Add some slots. Done.

morkahn82
10-26-2015, 11:20 AM
Hey, if you manage to get a new ship created for those people that prefer the Stormglory line, more power to ya! I got a Kraken for my guild and, honestly, I don't care if your ship gets more bacon. I have plenty. Good luck to you getting a new ship!

It is not about getting a bigger ship than kraken. I heard there are not enough buffs available to fully equip kraken. It is just a flavor thing towards stormglory design.

Connman
10-26-2015, 11:27 AM
It is not about getting a bigger ship than kraken. I heard there are not enough buffs available to fully equip kraken. It is just a flavor thing towards stormglory design.

Yes! This is what I was trying to say, I want to be able to get a kraken with a stormglory "skin." Thanks for making it more clear.

morkahn82
10-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Yes! This is what I was trying to say, I want to be able to get a kraken with a stormglory "skin." Thanks for making it more clear.

:) I gotya before, I just wanted to point out that I want exactly the same thing too. :)

Coyopa
10-26-2015, 01:59 PM

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply it was about getting a bigger ship than Kraken. I was just agreeing with you that it would be nice for them to create a bigger Stormglory line for those who like that line of ships better. I can confirm there are not enough buffs available to fill all the Kraken's slots. My fourth deck is nearly completely empty and my third deck has a couple open slots. Now, if I were to deploy all the amenities that are duplicated by some of the state rooms, then I could get closer to completely filling it (might even completely fill it).

morkahn82
10-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Sorry. I didn't mean to imply it was about getting a bigger ship than Kraken. I was just agreeing with you that it would be nice for them to create a bigger Stormglory line for those who like that line of ships better. I can confirm there are not enough buffs available to fill all the Kraken's slots. My fourth deck is nearly completely empty and my third deck has a couple open slots. Now, if I were to deploy all the amenities that are duplicated by some of the state rooms, then I could get closer to completely filling it (might even completely fill it).

I would be fine with both, either same slots and price like kraken, or larger and more expensive. I just think that kraken is large and expensive enough, so we do not actually need a larger ship. Just the design of stormglory would be cool to have too.

Coyopa
10-26-2015, 02:25 PM
I would be fine with both, either same slots and price like kraken, or larger and more expensive. I just think that kraken is large and expensive enough, so we do not actually need a larger ship. Just the design of stormglory would be cool to have too.

Completely agree. I've gotten attached to my dual elemental rings. However, when I was initially purchasing, if there had been a Stormglory of equal size, I would have bought that, instead.

Andu_Indorin
10-26-2015, 03:27 PM

My she was yar.

morkahn82
10-27-2015, 02:32 AM
Completely agree. I've gotten attached to my dual elemental rings. However, when I was initially purchasing, if there had been a Stormglory of equal size, I would have bought that, instead.

yeah, my guild and me acquired about 3700 shards right now, and actually we hesitate to buy a kraken, because we do not like the design. Going back to my beloved stormglory typhoon is impossible, because it is too small and my fellow guildmate bought the platinum flying nutshell volant signet because it has some more spaces. Once bought you can not fall back to typhoon, which is sad.

I would be cool if the devs are motivated for the new stormglory to have two rings like kraken, but which are very close together and look like it is just one engine just more powerful.

morkahn82
10-30-2015, 05:20 AM
can i get some confirmation or disconfirmation about new ships planned in near future?

morkahn82
11-01-2015, 07:58 AM
nvm, we got a kraken in the meanwhile :)

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151101/88ec822s.jpg

lf germanspeaking members on khyber btw, pm me

Coyopa
11-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Well, it's virtually certain they aren't going to be adding any new ships, anyway. Congratulations on your Kraken!

Seljuck
11-01-2015, 09:25 AM
That would be nice idea. Me and other officers in my guild don't like how new ships looks, so we are still useing stormy <3

morkahn82
11-01-2015, 10:10 AM
That would be nice idea. Me and other officers in my guild don't like how new ships looks, so we are still useing stormy <3

well, we wouldnt have bought that ship if our leader did not trade stormglory thypoon to volant signet (plat). cant go back to stormglory once you bought volant signet.

Seljuck
11-01-2015, 10:24 AM
well, we wouldnt have bought that ship if our leader did not trade stormglory thypoon to volant signet (plat). cant go back to stormglory once you bought volant signet.

Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for info.

morkahn82
11-13-2015, 01:55 AM
strange, but once I had the kraken, I started liking it. :)

Coyopa
11-13-2015, 06:51 AM
strange, but once I had the kraken, I started liking it. :)

It's not a bad ship, really. Sure, the weatherdeck layout can seem a bit wonky and I do wish you could access the captain from either side, rather than *having* to go up the starboard ramp (unless you like taking a full tour of the weatherdeck each time; if so, then carry on). I put most of the amenities you would frequently interact with on the second lower deck (randomly selected): Cannith Crafting, Three Finger Thad's, Sellsword Tavern, Banker/Auctioneer/Mailbox, Proving Ground, Divine Vendor, Arcane Vendor, Trap Vendor, Ammunition Vendor (because you can get Deneith missiles from this, whereas they are not available from the Proving Ground's vendor), and Spirit Binder. When I can get the guild chest amenity, I'll move the Spirit Binder elsewhere and put the chests in its place. I put the Cannith Crafting closest to the ladder you zone into the second deck at. The banker and spirit binder are to the right from there, and Sellsword Tavern and Three Finger Thad's are to the left. That makes everything we seem to use the most immediately available. It's nice and quick to run up to the ship, deconstruct some stuff, and zip off to the next quest.

SirValentine
11-13-2015, 10:48 PM
I put most of the amenities you would frequently interact with on the second lower deck

People go to anywhere on their ship other than top deck (buff bar & captain) and Cargo Hold (all the rest of buffs, tavern, mail, bank, AH, guild chest, navigator, planescaller, crafting stone/altars)?

Other than when first placing amenities, I never have any reason to go to any of the lower decks. Which is fine, because then I don't have to worry about layout or running around to all different places. Everything's all together in the Cargo Hold.

Coyopa
11-14-2015, 08:12 AM
People go to anywhere on their ship other than top deck (buff bar & captain) and Cargo Hold (all the rest of buffs, tavern, mail, bank, AH, guild chest, navigator, planescaller, crafting stone/altars)?

Other than when first placing amenities, I never have any reason to go to any of the lower decks. Which is fine, because then I don't have to worry about layout or running around to all different places. Everything's all together in the Cargo Hold.

I don't pay to keep amenities in the cargo hold anymore, except for the guild chests - and those only until I can get the amenity with astral shards. Going to the cargo hold is a pain in the butt and nobody in my guild likes to do it. Plus, you can't put all the vendors and Cannith crafting in the basement. If you arrange things as I described, you don't really have a reason to go to the cargo hold. Of course, unless you're keeping the old style resistance buffs down there, which we aren't doing. They're just not worth the hassle of the trip down there, even when we don't go to the 2nd lower deck.

Kompera_Oberon
11-14-2015, 08:25 AM

Dear Turbine,

I do not like the current ship design of the newer boats (i.e. kraken, trefoil etc.), I am a fan of the old stormglory line. Unfortunately the largest Stormglory is not large enough i.e. has not enough slots and bacon.

Can you resize the typhoon, add new slots and sell it to me for 5000 astral shards please and call it stormglory thunderbird or similar? In order to do not annoy kraken users you can make it cost equally and have equally bacon and slots.

Thanks in advance,
morkahn

Dear Turbine,

Please do not listen to this request. The Stormglory line of airships is very overpowered, providing far more X and Y than other airships. While there are some small points of comparison regarding Z, this is by no means enough to provide balance.

In short, nerf the Stormglory!

:p:rolleyes::p:rolleyes::p:rolleyes::p:rolleyes:

SirValentine
11-14-2015, 10:23 PM
I don't pay to keep amenities in the cargo hold anymore

Kundarak Battlemaster alone more than pays for itself. Resists, sure, but quite a few of the old buffs are strictly better than you can get from the new ones.

JOTMON
11-14-2015, 11:08 PM
Now for a even bigger ship than the Daedalean Kraken..
if we could setup with all non-lever interactables on the upper deck.
something like..

http://static0.therichestimages.com/cdn/540/284/90/cw/wp-content/uploads/The-Worlds-10-Most-Expensive-Yacht.jpg