PDA

View Full Version : Try the new DDO Store on Lamannia tonight

Tolero
10-15-2015, 03:33 PM
As you may have heard, we are in the process of rolling out a new store (https://www.ddo.com/en/news/new-store-coming-soon)

The new Store is coming to Lamannia tonight for you to try! Once Lamannia opens, we would love to hear your feedback and we appreciate your help uncovering any load issues or remaining bugs you encounter on Lamannia.

If you need Turbine Points on Lamannia, please speak with Lord Poincelot to acquire turbine points.

In particular we would love to hear:
1. How responsive was the new store? Was there anything in particular that seemed to take too long?
2. How was ease of navigation on the new store? Was there anything particularly confusing or difficult to accomplish?
3. What did you like or dislike about the appearance of the new store?
4. Is there anything else you would like to share about your experiences with this new store?

If you come across a bug or problem while trying out the new store, please file a bug report in game (Open the Help window and click "Report A Bug"). Be sure to pick "Lamannia" as the server, and "Account/DDO Store" as the issue type.

Please note that while you may see Turbine Point bundle options in the Store, you will not be able to purchase any points on Lamannia.
Also please note that you should use the "return to game" button after making a purchase. This will return you to the store home page after updating your account information.

Thanks for trying the new Store on Lamannia!

Tolero
10-15-2015, 05:24 PM
Ok Store should NOW be ready to look at :)

UurlockYgmeov
10-15-2015, 07:55 PM
As you may have heard, we are in the process of rolling out a new store (https://www.ddo.com/en/news/new-store-coming-soon)

The new Store is coming to Lamannia tonight for you to try! Once Lamannia opens, we would love to hear your feedback and we appreciate your help uncovering any load issues or remaining bugs you encounter on Lamannia.

If you need Turbine Points on Lamannia, please speak with Lord Poincelot to acquire turbine points.

1. How responsive was the new store? Was there anything in particular that seemed to take too long?
2. How was ease of navigation on the new store? Was there anything particularly confusing or difficult to accomplish?
4. Is there anything else you would like to share about your experiences with this new store?

If you come across a bug or problem while trying out the new store, please file a bug report in game (Open the Help window and click "Report A Bug"). Be sure to pick "Lamannia" as the server, and "Account/DDO Store" as the issue type.

Please note that while you may see Turbine Point bundle options in the Store, you will not be able to purchase any points on Lamannia.
Also please note that you should use the "return to game" button after making a purchase. This will return you to the store home page after updating your account information.

How responsive was the new store? Was there anything in particular that seemed to take too long?

tried from character select screen - took about 5-7 seconds to initially load.
tried to buy - but all my account points (Lamannia) were missing - all 250,000+
Talked to SirPointsalot once logged in
loaded store once logged in - took about 5-7 seconds to load. faster after initial loading.
Sir Pointsalot was very nice and generous...
window is resizable but the actual store is static
like the countdown timer on 'specials'
can't seem to buy more than 10 of anything at a time (night revels key e.g.)
crafting storage now available to 2045 slots?
all good..

How was ease of navigation on the new store? Was there anything particularly confusing or difficult to accomplish?

liked it - but miss cart.
also if could have large list vs small list (so existing height and 1/2 height)
also after buy, just dumped back in main menu - not where you were.

What did you like or dislike about the appearance of the new store?

fast, neat, friendly.

Is there anything else you would like to share about your experiences with this new store?

hurry up and get it to live!

Lemdog
10-15-2015, 08:05 PM

Nice! Might get on lamm bc of this i'm rly curious.

fangblackhawk
10-15-2015, 08:41 PM
--any thing that wasnt the tool tip like menu that is on live would be better than what we have so .... kudos on a user friendly "explorer" type drop down menus that dont involve starting at the first tool tip every time you want a separate subcategory of the same category

--again kudos :)

--the old tool tip menu that drove me nuts is gone yay,, and the weekly sales listed was handy ... with this area also include bonus weekend and loot codes... i understand loot coupons are prolly an incetive to actually visit the site every week

--my one issue ... am i now gonna get emails for each item i buy unlike old cart system where i got one for the entire cart? cuz that will be annoying.... kinda miss the cart function too as i do both small transaction and some times like when a new update comes out or an event like this one where i may want to buy a monstermanual and a adventure pack at same time.... or in an event, buy keys ports and coffees all the same time instead of doing maths in my head its nice to see a total cost and then decide to add or remove items

Franghasea
10-15-2015, 09:46 PM
The DDO store is a great improvement!

* The store seem to load fine. While it wasn't instant, it was quicker than the old store.

* When I click on "Guild and Hireling" for example, could the scroll bar move that automatically to the top of the display? As it exists now, I have to scroll to see the
subcategories. Could this not just be intuitive?

* "Try it on" button is great!
* I like the Attention box letting me know I could buy something, but that it was not use-able at my level
* When you initially open the store and re-size it,the main rectangular display does not automatically re-size (The scroll down menu does)
* Could the "Purchase completed. Thank you for your order!" screen instead just appear as a banner at the bottom of the home screen instead of being it's own page, being
returned there instead?. That way I can start searching for my next item right away. Otherwise it is just an additional mandatory click to get where I want to go.

* Thank you!

Franghasea of Argo

gravisrs
10-16-2015, 03:04 AM
1. Does new shop will support sample of the week ?
2. Xsolla shop supports mobile shop, will we have outside-ddo store to buy candies for our toons/account?

The DDO store is a great improvement!
* Could the "Purchase completed. Thank you for your order!" screen instead just appear as a banner at the bottom of the home screen instead of being it's own page, being
returned there instead?. That way I can start searching for my next item right away. Otherwise it is just an additional mandatory click to get where I want to go.

And this ^, especially when buying lot of different items.

Marupal
10-16-2015, 10:32 AM
-Took about 5~ish seconds to bring up the store and felt pretty zippy once it was up. Didn't see anything that took longer to load.

-Ease of navigation was intuitive and smooth.
-Liking the way clicking on "Learn more" expands the info right there instead of having to navigate to a new page(and then back).
-All the items in the category you are searching through show up on one page instead of having to flip back and forth through pages. Much appreciated.
-Navigating to a particular category (e.g. mid level adventure packs) moves very smoothly in this new store. Kudos on the design choice.
-I'd like to see a "Show ALL adventure packs" in particular, and maybe something similar for cosmetics and a few other categories. Common practice has been to get a look at everything in a category to see which purchase is a higher priority.
-The way the price adjusts as you increase the quantity of an item looks pretty nice.

-The countdown timer for sales was a nice touch.
-The shopping cart will be missed. :(
-The Purchase Completed page is a bit much. Maybe it can be reduced to banner size like others have mentioned. If it has to stay, please increase the font size on the "back to store" text by double.
-The ability to drag window borders will be a boon. My son runs into problems previewing cosmetics on one comp because the store page blocks out the character. I was caught off guard that it didn't actually shrink or enlarge what was currently being viewed.

-It's a very clean and polished interface.
-I was really hoping to see the ability to buy things for other people's accounts and characters. Tossing another character slot, class, etc to my kid's accounts would be a better gift than just dropping points on their account. Never been a fan of the "Here's some dough kid, now go find something you'll enjoy." gift-giving mentality. ;)

Win!
Looking forward to the new store.

rimble
10-16-2015, 10:52 AM
--my one issue ... am i now gonna get emails for each item i buy unlike old cart system where i got one for the entire cart? cuz that will be annoying.... kinda miss the cart function too as i do both small transaction and some times like when a new update comes out or an event like this one where i may want to buy a monstermanual and a adventure pack at same time.... or in an event, buy keys ports and coffees all the same time instead of doing maths in my head its nice to see a total cost and then decide to add or remove items

Well, the store promotion they just had last week makes this confusing to me too. Not sure how they will have future "30% off your order of more than 3000 TP" if you can't aggregate things together in a cart to reach that 3000...? I guess that kind of promotion is dead.

Cordovan
10-16-2015, 11:01 AM
1. Does new shop will support sample of the week ?
2. Xsolla shop supports mobile shop, will we have outside-ddo store to buy candies for our toons/account?

And this ^, especially when buying lot of different items.

Yes, coupons remain supported. We do not have plans to have a mobile shopping app, although the DDO Market (http://store.turbine.com/store/turbine/en_US/list/categoryID.58516100/ThemeID.29252200) remains available.

lifestaker
10-16-2015, 12:05 PM
the overall look of it is nice.
The Expandable drop down menus makes navigating much faster.
loads at good rate even when pushing a laggy connection.
Was not able to purchase anything, but do see the issue of the cart for your DYD promos.
I personally like the sales tab on main page letting you know what is on sale and for how much longer.
For those lurking http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/jeremiahjhart/f32050d3-2914-40e8-814b-51a67d5bde18_zpsuup2xyi5.jpg

Much better then current live store, but personally fail to see why this one tab now has to look so much different then everything else. The header, boarders, and coloring to some degree are outside the rest of the game. Is it safe to say maybe all the game will be getting another UI pass, or will the store be the oddball? (my next line of coarse being for the ddo art file to be updated if there is no ui pass planned.........)

Darsith
10-16-2015, 12:24 PM

The initial load of the store took a little longer than all other loads. I attribute this to the caching. Seemed really smooth.
Only real irk of mine was to buy multiple of one item, for example multiple res cakes, the time it took the page to refresh for the new cost was annoying, and it did this after EVERY increase which made it more annoying. Any chance to make it wait for a second after it detects that the quantity has changed to refresh the total TP expenditure?

You got rid of the hover link type navigation, thank you for that.
Now where is the back button and the cart. Having to navigate to the same type of thing multiple times was super annoying. This is 2015, ecommerce things like carts and proper navigation are should be there. As a consumer I should not have had to type this out.... The lack of a cart is the biggest disconnect with your web team and what consumers expect from a modern ecommerce deployment.

The new store looks cleaner and sleeker.
I particularly enjoyed having the scrolling list for all of the items instead of the 4 panel default of the old store. It was annoying when I was trying to find healing potions inside of it. I never knew that the DDO store had (what seemed like) over 9000 different potions all for healing.

Over all the new DDO store looks like it will be a faster slimmer ecommerce deployment for the client computers to run. (haven't actually checked if it is or not).

Things of note:

[*=1]When buying the 2000AS package the AS were being put into the inventory instead of the AS inventory. Had to actually click on an object in the inventory to have then be usable.
[*=1]The lack of basic navigation controls (i.e. back and forward arrows) made navigation seem tedious to a small degree. Would love to see a back arrow functionality added to the "You have made your purchase screen" as there were times that I was wanting to buy multiple things from the same category. Instead had to go back to home page, then navigate back to where it was. Navigating was far easier now, but I could have just gone back a page and been to the age I was looking for.
[*=1]Carts. I will be abrasive in this one because it boggles my mind. Why did it go away? This seems like we are going back wards in ecommerce development... Your navigation is faster and sleeker, but it is not instantaneous, adding a cart allows for multiple purchases faster and the ability to correctly estimate TP usage. Imagine going to the super market and there not being anything to put your shopping in. And to top that off you had to go through the line with one item type at a time (yes you can have multiple of that one item). I would never go back to that store. I would like, nay I demand that there is some serious effort added to restoring the cart functionality of the store. Why anyone thought it should be removed or omitted is beyond me.

Cleanincubus
10-16-2015, 12:46 PM
Store takes too long to load, when it is opened. The first time I opened it, I thought it wasn't going actually appear at all, until I waited. It was just a blank black screen. Each store opening after that is quicker, but still slower than the store is on Live.

Not really liking the way the "Checkout" works with this new format. It now takes me away from the list of store items, immediately to a checkout page, similarly to how the current "Quick Buy" button does (minus the convenient popup.) This is incredibly annoying when I want to buy more than one item at once. I'd love to see an "Add to Checkout" button for purchasing items, rather than being sent to a "Checkout" page for every single item.

I'd also like the ability to see all items in a specific category displayed. For example, in the old/current Store, if we want to see every Adventure Pack, there is actually a way to do it, rather than just viewing by level. Like this:

Here I've clicked on the Mid Level Adventure Packs, from the main menu. But I want to see every level range.
http://i.imgur.com/XMm0dZI.jpg

From there I can click "Adventure Packs", and it will show me every Adventure Pack, rather than just the Mid Level ones.
http://i.imgur.com/vvxsXk0.jpg

It's not just Adventure Packs though, it's also Stat & XP Tomes, Storage & Bags, Buffs, Crafting, Augments, Cosmetics & Pets, etc. It'd be nice if you click on the Adventure Pack menu, that it brought up all Adventure Packs immediately. Then if you wanted to narrow it down to certain level ranges, you could use the options in the menu to do so. That would make things so much easier.

Evin_Drake
10-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Already submitted bug report. Bought a +6 Supreme Ability Tome, nothing in inventory. Received confirmation screen and history shows purchase was made. Also looked under things already in inventory to see if it was hiding.

Growing pains. :)

EDIT: Tome was granted after relog.

cdbd3rd
10-16-2015, 02:02 PM
I probably won't update/create/copy/etc my Llama just to try the store, but I have tried the store now running in LOTRO - which by the looks is exactly the same interface here.

I have found the new interface *there* to be sloggish and slow to load. Search results and menu drop-downs are slow to output.

Entered the weekly coupon once I realized it's no longer a "coupon" code and is now a redemption code, and that item took about ~10 seconds to land in my inventory, and then the store went thru a "updating account" blackout for another ~10 seconds.

No real complaints - especially as I'm only judging by the LOTRO version. It's not like I visit the store on a daily basis.

nibel
10-16-2015, 03:22 PM
I like the new store. The menu is faster, the categories are intuitive, and the new +/- buttons are somewhat better than the dropdown menu, with the dynamic price change. I miss out the cart, since this also means we will no longer have DYD codes to work with.

I was checking out the sections, and notice that most scrolls appear in the store 3 times each, with the exact same product at the exact same price.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2d9gux.jpg

Not exactly a new store thing, but I'll take the opportunity to ask why the LESSER Anti-beholder crystal (20 charges) is more expensive than the other one (25 charges)

http://i59.tinypic.com/afj4ti.jpg

searcher15
10-16-2015, 03:27 PM
- Takes a long while to load the first time. Did not load in XP 64bit system at all.
- Once loaded, the store is Fast. The navigation is finally "realtime".

- The scrollbars are not very visible. If not for the store announcement that says you have changed paging to long scrollable list, I wouldn't know I can scroll it.
- Links "hover" state is barely noticeable. It's hard to tell what is clickable and what is not.
- I don't like the menu "arrows" pointing down for multi tier menus. I would prefer them in front of menu option. I would also like plus/minus signs instead of arrow, but thats personal preference.
- Menu should scroll when expanding the subitems. Right now, if you click expandable header thats on the bottom of the list, some items are left offscreen.
- I miss the option to click on general menu header to display content of all subcategories (as shown by Cleanincubus). This was especially useful for adventure packs, and I remember some of them appearing only in this menu.

- The menu looks a bit "squeezed". We have big screens now, so store could take more place by deafult, right now it seems geared for 800x600 screens.
- No cart - we won't be able to apply the coupons to multiple item types, and promos like 30% off cart over 3k TP won't make any sense now.
I also personally like to keep items in cart before final decision of buying.

Marupal
10-16-2015, 04:48 PM
The email that notifies about purchases shows up as "xsolla.com". That's something that could use a bit of broadcasting. If it was, I missed it.

EllisDee37
10-16-2015, 11:56 PM
Not really liking the way the "Checkout" works with this new format. It now takes me away from the list of store items, immediately to a checkout page, similarly to how the current "Quick Buy" button does (minus the convenient popup.) This is incredibly annoying when I want to buy more than one item at once. I'd love to see an "Add to Checkout" button for purchasing items, rather than being sent to a "Checkout" page for every single item.The new store can't physically handle buying more than one item at once. It has no cart functionality at all.

Nonesuch2008
10-17-2015, 05:54 AM

1) I thought the response time was fine, including the initial load.
2) I like the tree view, it made drilling down to individual items very easy. However, I wish there was a way to see an entire category at once, like quest packs. You could back into this functionality in the old store the way that Cleanincubus describes above, but I didn't see a way to do the same thing in this version.
3) The appearance was clean & intuitive. But with the absence of the cart mechanism, I wish that it didn't reset to the main window after a purchase. That required drilling back down to where I was before in order to continue shopping.
4) Please consider adding a cart. The countdown timer on the sale items was an excellent addition, thank you for that.

One question that I didn't have time to flesh out due to Lamma being shut down so soon. In the old store, I was never really comfortable shopping for storage space because I didn't trust the interface to let me know what I already had or exclude it from the purchase options. Have these purchase tiers been better identified or is there a mechanism to prevent you from doubling up on purchases of this type? I did see it with adventure packs, but I didn't have time to go look in the storage section.

SirShen
10-17-2015, 10:16 AM
It took some time to load up the first time but that no different then it is live.

I hate that there is no back button. Also dont like that i now have to buy each item at a time, i miss the basket.

It looks great and alot eayer to see what you have as it just scroll down.

Miss the back button after you buy so i can buy the next upgrade.

cdbd3rd
10-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Something else, again from the LOTRO side Store interface.

The new coupon/redemption codes are apparently out of Turbine's control?

ref: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?579564-This-Weeks-coupon-code&p=7461713#post7461713

The codes in this store are automatically generated for us. We can put a suggestion with them, but at this point it is not under our control.

We do try to provide the codes in various formats that are easier to copy and paste such as the landing page and twitter.

Will those lengthy randomized codes be the same here, or will we still have our easier to remember 5-character codes?

Vellrad
10-20-2015, 06:27 PM
It looks like a store on some facebook game or iphone app.

AMADHA
10-21-2015, 10:09 PM

2. On the purchase screen it would be better if "Go Back to Store" was in the top menu bar rather than in small gold text on a brown screen. A shopping basket/cart would be better.
3. I think the organization and navigation is much cleaner and quicker.
4. Tool tips would be a great addition for all the icons, e.g. you have coins near your points but you have to click on it to find that its "buy more points".