PDA

View Full Version : Do maximize and empower affect blasts?

skaught78
08-27-2015, 08:05 PM
Might seem like a dumb question, but I'm a casual player...

Erofen
08-27-2015, 08:25 PM
Might seem like a dumb question, but I'm a casual player...
Not the actual eldritch blast, but you can meta all of the slas in the tree afaik.

unbongwah
08-27-2015, 08:27 PM
Metamagics do not affect Eldritch Blasts, but do affect the PrE SLAs inc. Eldritch Burst & Spirit Blast. Which is why even if you're playing a blaster- or aura-based `lock, you'll probably want those metas.

skaught78
08-28-2015, 01:30 PM
Thanks guys. Me and my girlfriend are both playing human fey, mostly tainted scholar 'locks, and I'm having a heck of a time figuring out which feats to take.

I already have 3 past lives of sorc, so wondering if I can just skip evocation focus altogether. On my last warlock life, I found that my blasts nearly always killed things fats enough that it made most of my spells useless anyway, so wondering if I can just skip all spell focuses.

I figured force of personality is a must. I'm also wondering if I should LR and boost my INT and take insightful reflexes and forget about DEX. But I'm unsure if that will affect my AC.

Turns out this class is a bit more complex than I first though. Any feedback y'all can offer would be great!