PDA

View Full Version : stone of experience (level 16) / original otto's box

stoniar
07-10-2015, 10:29 PM
I am trying to use a Stone of Experience (Level 16) from an Original Otto's Box (I opened the box more than a year ago to get the cyan gelantinous cube companion), but did not want to use the Stone, so I just banked it.

Now I am trying to use the Stone to bestow the xp on another player (that is level 8 rank 36); I followed the instructions I found online:

1. group in party formation
2. put the stone in hotbar
3. click on stone in hotbar while focus orb is on other player

The other player gets a requester confirming to use the Stone, but when he accepts, nothing happens.

I was wondering if the Stones of Experience from the Original Otto's Boxes were "nerfed" and now only let you use them on yourself?

I contacted a GM in game, but was told they cannot do anything and just bug report it.

It is definitely the one and only Stone of Experience from the Otto's Box that I opened, so I feel like it should work to bestow on another player.

Would anyone have more information or similar experience?

Krelar
07-11-2015, 01:15 AM
My first thought would be is that instead of checking level it may check the amount of xp the other person has. It used to take more xp to get to level 8 so the stone may not think they are there yet.

stoniar
07-11-2015, 06:10 PM
My first thought would be is that instead of checking level it may check the amount of xp the other person has. It used to take more xp to get to level 8 so the stone may not think they are there yet.

thanks, that is an interesting idea. however, the stone of experience works with a 1st-lifer through 3-lifer all of which have different experience requirements for getting to level 8, but I will check that out. My first idea was to have the other player get a little more xp just to see if it changed anything, and it did not.