PDA

View Full Version : Question: Light spell power

ZzpxpzZ
06-20-2015, 01:31 AM
Hey all,

I had a question. I know that radiance on equipment is both light spell power and alignment spell power, however when you get light spell power from enhancement trees, e.g. the capstone of Enlightened Spirit, is it still both alignment and light spell power or is it exclusively light spell power?

Basically, in the Tainted Scholar tree Utterdark Blast makes the core force damage from your Eldritch blast evil instead of force. I was wondering whether the various bonuses to light spellpower in the Enlightened Spirit tree would apply to that.

Thanks.

ZhenBuYaoShi
06-20-2015, 07:19 PM
Hey all,

I had a question. I know that radiance on equipment is both light spell power and alignment spell power, however when you get light spell power from enhancement trees, e.g. the capstone of Enlightened Spirit, is it still both alignment and light spell power or is it exclusively light spell power?

Basically, in the Tainted Scholar tree Utterdark Blast makes the core force damage from your Eldritch blast evil instead of force. I was wondering whether the various bonuses to light spellpower in the Enlightened Spirit tree would apply to that.

Thanks.

All light spell power, no matter where it comes from, is going to increase your alignment damage as it is part of the definition of what light spell power does.

HastyPudding
06-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Hey all,

Thanks.

Yup.

Light spellpower affects light, chaotic, good, lawful, and evil damage. You could turn on the utterdark blast essence (evil damage) and your enlightened spirit aura would be based on light spellpower instead of force, in addition to other effects.

- Your enlightened spirit aura is now based on light spellpower with utterdark blast
- Your enlightened spirit cleaves have light spellpower bonuses
- Enlightened spirit level 18 core adds light damage to your eldritch blasts (which includes your aura)
- Enlightened spirit passive 'spiritual retribution' adds light damage to your eldritch blasts, melee, and weapon attacks
- You can equip a lantern ring from the haunted halls quest to add a light damage proc on all of your eldritch blasts (aura) and spells
- Now go in the exalted angel destiny, gaining avenging light, sun bolt, and divine wrath (all light damage attacks), a mass cure, extra light spellpower, soundburst, spell DC's, and spell penetration among other things.

That's a nice combination. If you're in the fey pact, you now have synergy with bards and fatesinger. It would make a very interesting front line support caster because your aura will greatly help the melee in the party.