PDA

View Full Version : Iconic, non-bladeforged, non-shuriken throwing build

SealedInSong
06-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Anyone have any recommendations for an iconic thrower that's neither bladeforged nor using shurikens?

I'm leaning towards a critzilla type build that's shadar-kai rogue6/ranger6/bard8 or something similar.

LESSER REINCARNATION
Another quick question, if I rolled up a level 1 iconic--PDK, for instance, if I refuse leveling up and stay level 1, can I use an LR+1 heart to change my class then and there? So, in this example, could the lvl 1 PDK fighter become a paladin lvl 1, then continue leveling up to a pure paladin?

Thanks for any advice!

Violith
06-17-2015, 07:39 AM
Anyone have any recommendations for an iconic thrower that's neither bladeforged nor using shurikens?

I'm leaning towards a critzilla type build that's shadar-kai rogue6/ranger6/bard8 or something similar.

LESSER REINCARNATION
Another quick question, if I rolled up a level 1 iconic--PDK, for instance, if I refuse leveling up and stay level 1, can I use an LR+1 heart to change my class then and there? So, in this example, could the lvl 1 PDK fighter become a paladin lvl 1, then continue leveling up to a pure paladin?

Thanks for any advice!

never tried it, however I believe it follows the normal LR rules, as in, you gotta level up fully before using it. PDK is easiler, since you can make sure your alignment is chosen for the palidan as you create it, then level it up as a 1fht, 14 paladin. then +1LR it.
(Bladeforge are trickier (since they gotta be lawful good) if you wanna turn them into another class. fighter isnt so bad, as its just the same as the rest, but to a barb you'd have to level it up as another class (that doesnt need lawful) +1LR it to get rid of pala level, then alignment change and +15LR (3 +5LR) it to barb)
so just make sure that as you create it, the alignment that you have chosen at creation is able to be used by the 2nd class you wanna LR it into.

as for a build. honestly, aside from halfling dex/dmg, and harper int/dmg. There isnt alot of love for throwing build damage. (pdk cha/dmg specifically tells you the weapons), and the bard Different Tack doesnt work with throwing weapons (As throwing weapons dont qualify for single weapon fighting. even if they're the only thing being held). Also, in heroics (and in epics without the whirling wrists twisted in (t3 ability) Throwing attacks are slow for a non-shuriken build.

I tried my hand at a shadar-kai bard coup de grace build (so max cha (cause I thought the cha/dmg worked with throwers)) And while it wasnt bad, the dps on it wasnt that great (thankfully for the CC from fasinate, ice prision, and sharadi, so I Could get my coup off alot). I used nightforge spike (+5 Dart, 1.5[W], 18-20x3) for leveling (with bard crit increase it was 15-20 (I believe 12 or 13-20 with improved crit), so the damage made up for the lack of speed.

havent tried to create a PDK, so not sure what their about, but their enhancements are basically a humans right? Dont see much use for a throwing build on them. aside from the drow/monk shuriken user (or halfling for dex to dmg (not sure if the rogue dex/dmg works with throwing weapons), since there is a feat to make throwing weapon attack go off of str (instead of dex) A str build would probably do more damage no matter how you build it, which opens it to just about any class. so apart from the 6ranger (For feats and Sniper Shot) Its really could be anything. (mechanic would probably be nice for the ranged power, also rogue would help out your SA die for sniper shot