PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 Orc 15 Cleric/5 Rogue for quarterstaff?

Elopados
05-17-2015, 01:18 PM
I want to roll a Cleric and thought a Half-Orc 15/5 Cleric/Rogue Acrobat for quarterstaff and maybe Divine Disciple would be fun. I want to cast spells/heal as main and have the quarterstaff as backup (and nostalgia). Would this work?

unbongwah
05-17-2015, 03:02 PM
It would work, but there are a few drawbacks:

Feat shortage: if you take the usual melee feats (THF x3, PA/CL/GC, IC:Blunt, OC), there's nothing left over for metamagics; if you skip melee feats to take metamagics, you're losing DPS.
Cartwheel Charge now provides +20% doublestrike to staves; that's a pretty hefty DPS bonus, so rog 18+ is stronger DPS than it used to be.
You can only have 1 T5 PrE, so you have to chose between Staff Spec (+1 crit range & multiplier) or Radiant Aura.

axel15810
05-17-2015, 10:18 PM
You could do it with 15/5 split, but you're going to be hurting on feats. That's the main issue. How much do you want to invest in rogue? Going for acrobat capstone? You looking to do traps or not? If you're not tied to Horc, you'd be in better shape going human and throwing in fighter or monk levels for feats. You won't have enhancement points left to put in the horc tree anyway.

But if you're taking the rogue capstone splashing fighter or monk won't be possible, unless you want to drop more cleric levels. cleric 13/ fighter 2/ rogue 5 would be interesting.

I don't think you'll have enough enhancement points for divine disciple AND acrobat unless you give up radiant servant. I think you need to choose 2 of healing, staff melee and offensive casting. Just not enough enhancement points or feats to do all three.

Alternatively, you could build a staff wielding clonk (cleric/monk) if you want to primarily offensive cast and beat on things with staves every so often. Ocean stance gives bonuses to WIS. That'd synergize better for offensive casting for sure.

Elopados
05-17-2015, 11:11 PM
I get a kick out of the mash-up words like "clonk" "moncher". lol

Anyway ... as I was rolling my Mechanic, I kept looking at the Acrobat thinking, "hmm?" Being a lover of iconic fantasy, I thought I'd like a staff weilding Cleric, Wiz or Sorc. I rolled a Wiz already, so Cleric it was. If another spell caster fits, that's cool too. I kinda wanted a divine caster, but hey, if the shoe fits....

Edit: I figured 5 splash to get the max 1/4staff bonuses.
Edit 2: Maybe I should wait for Warlock?