PDA

View Full Version : Redsonja 3.0 U25 - TWF Pure Barb

Stinging_Bee
04-10-2015, 06:04 AM
So I've been doing some adaptations after the latests changes to melee feats.

Pure Barbarian seems the most survivable due to having more hit points and healing amplification.

Now that TWF line grants some melee power seems worth the investment.
It is the best dps for single target bosses beatdowns like in most of the raids (Defiler of the Just, Mark of death, Fire Peaks, Deathwyrm).

The Frenzy capstone looks superstrong when TWF since the procs happen almost twice as often than THF.

Here is the build hope you like it.

I also recorded a Cabal for One Bruntsmash 8403 DPS test but I'm sure this build can do that beatdown even faster if serious about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MChSTfpvyeE

Human 20 Female Barbarian
18 Str + Level up points
12 Dex
18 Con
8 Int
8 Wis
8 Cha

Feats
Explaining real quick the feat selection:
Weapon focus feats now grant 2 melee power each and do stack together.
This means more damage of course but also more healing because Ravager Blood Strength T5 scales with melee power.
The frenzy capstone is also boosted by melee power.
IC Bludgeon works on Warhammers -> Best weapon for Legendary Dreadnought Barbarian, make sure to select Pulverizer as T6.

1 Power Attack
1 (Human bonus) Cleave
3 Weapon Focus Bludgeoning
6 Weapon Focus Slashing
9 Improved Critical Bludgeoning
12 Two Weapon Fighting
15 Completionist (Quick Draw or Stunning Blow or heavy armor as alternatives)
18 Weapon Focus Piercing
21 Improved Two Weapon Fighting
24 Greater Two Weapon Fighting
26 Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
27 Overwhelming Critical
28 Elusive Target

http://i.imgur.com/PAsjKlJ.jpg

Update 27 Gear
Shadowscale armor - Speed XV - Profane Doublestrike 3% - Ghostly
Epic Litany of the Dead
Sightless Helm
Deadly Goggles of Accuracy
Pendant of Quiet Movements
Battlerager Harness
Strange Tidings
Encrusted Ring - Healing Amp
Boots of Blessed Travels
Hide of the Fallen Cloak
Bracers of Twisting Shade
Iron Mitts

Weapons
Main Hand: Thunderforged Warhammer: Touch of Flames, Wrath of Flames, Mortal Fear
Off Hand: Thunderforged Warhammer: 1st Degree, Dragon's Edge, Mortal Fear (Draconic Reinvigoration to regenerate boosts)

Doutrinador
04-10-2015, 09:25 AM
No ITWF and GTWF in heroics? How do you hit with off hand until epics?

Nice build.

Stinging_Bee
04-10-2015, 10:26 AM
No ITWF and GTWF in heroics? How do you hit with off hand until epics?

Nice build.

For heroics just use a Greataxe (carnifex for lvl 4-12, Gs MinII 12-20)
Need to wait for +5 dex tome to kick in at level 19 before you can take ITWF and GTWF.

Blackheartox
04-10-2015, 12:05 PM
If for mark speed run, isnt it better to drop patack and cleave for precision and completionist?
Overall a really nice build, didnt know focus feats stacked tho

Eth
04-10-2015, 01:04 PM
If for mark speed run, isnt it better to drop patack and cleave for precision and completionist?
Overall a really nice build, didnt know focus feats stacked tho

You can't use rage when in Precision stance. I really doubt that would be more DPS.

Blackheartox
04-10-2015, 01:56 PM
You can't use rage when in Precision stance. I really doubt that would be more DPS.

Right, dumb me, then only cleave for completionist, tho i dont know if momentum is worth it on 2 weapon fight, seems like it slows down att animation

RS-Makk
04-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Madstone Boots - 20% attack speed woot!!

I had not realized this had been fixed. Awesome.

Question - how does this work with 15% melee alacrity/haste spell?

Stinging_Bee
04-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Right, dumb me, then only cleave for completionist, tho i dont know if momentum is worth it on 2 weapon fight, seems like it slows down att animation

If you want to fit in completionist just drop ic piercing.
Cleave, supreme cleave and momentum swing are very important on packs of trash mobs like in ToEE.
Lay waste also is top tier aoe CC.

Question - how does this work with 15% melee alacrity/haste spell?

Madstone rage does not stack with haste spell.

Cetus
04-10-2015, 08:09 PM
Nice build and uber takedown time

Blackheartox
04-11-2015, 01:58 AM
If you want to fit in completionist just drop ic piercing.
Cleave, supreme cleave and momentum swing are very important on packs of trash mobs like in ToEE.
Lay waste also is top tier aoe CC.

Madstone rage does not stack with haste spell.
Well you persuaded me, i like this build so much that im tring over to it, really no point to play sorc at this point if i want efficient tomes farm ;)

For regular questing, sense, balanced, hail and primal looks like ok setup or is tunnel vis better then hail?
Unsure what to do, mainly for temple farm tbh, want dem tomes

Kalevor
04-11-2015, 03:42 AM
Storm's eye don't fades away every 3 seconds in the video... it's a bug?

Stinging_Bee
04-11-2015, 04:04 AM
Storm's eye don't fades away every 3 seconds in the video... it's a bug?
It doesn't show stacks fading away but it's only a visual effect.
You do actually lose damage every 3 seconds and after 75 seconds the buff icon fades away and you don't have any boost to damage left.
So it works exactly as per description.

Well you persuaded me, i like this build so much that im tring over to it, really no point to play sorc at this point if i want efficient tomes farm

For regular questing, sense, balanced, hail and primal looks like ok setup or is tunnel vis better then hail?
Unsure what to do, mainly for temple farm tbh, want dem tomes

:) I think this build is great especially for the self healing because you have so much melee power and attack speed and healing amplification that it's crazy. Make sure you go with the gear I posted because it's incredibly effective.

As for twists you can go:
Symetric Strikes (4) Balanced Attacks (3) Hail of Blows (2) and Primal Scream (1)

It is worth considering twisting in Consacration for more healing so that you can aggro a whole room and cleave inside the Sacred Ground. It might save you some time cause of its efficiency

Kalevor
04-11-2015, 04:22 AM
It doesn't show stacks fading away but it's only a visual effect.
You do actually lose damage every 3 seconds and after 75 seconds the buff icon fades away and you don't have any boost to damage left.
So it works exactly as per description.

I was asking because I ran a simmilar build last life (but 18/1clr/1fgt) with a morninglord just for the IPL and I enjoied a lot. This life I'm running human barb and I was thinking to make the same split or stay pure...

You think that the capstone is worth it? Or is better Divine Might and the xtra feats (heavy armor and so...)

thank you

Nice job btw.

Stinging_Bee
04-11-2015, 04:46 AM
All the build is designed to gain maximum advantage out of melee power.
So definitely go pure.

Stinging_Bee
04-11-2015, 07:02 AM
I'm thinking about using the new ToEE armor + warhammer for the set bonus. The new weapons looks good enough and 24 melee power seems too good to pass.
I'd have 1st degree, dragons edge and mortal fear on main hand and ToEE warhammer on off hand.
What do you guys think?

Eth
04-11-2015, 08:40 AM
I'm thinking about using the new ToEE armor + warhammer for the set bonus. The new weapons looks good enough and 24 melee power seems too good to pass.
I'd have 1st degree, dragons edge and mortal fear on main hand and ToEE warhammer on off hand.
What do you guys think?

Using the set bonus is a no brainer on a TWF. With your current gear you'll lack ghostly and alacrity. I'll go with mentau's goggles for that and keep blinding speed.

Blackheartox
04-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Using the set bonus is a no brainer on a TWF. With your current gear you'll lack ghostly and alacrity. I'll go with mentau's goggles for that and keep blinding speed.
Madstone boots give alatricity, dont think madstone one stacks with haste...

I mean, i have them in tr cache and last time i used them didnt and that was 2 years ago.

Did they change it to stacking alatricity?
(since im lv 3 now and cant test heh)

She would only lack ghostly that way, could drop maybe remnant bracers for epic etheral

Eth
04-11-2015, 09:00 AM
Madstone boots give alatricity, dont think madstone one stacks with haste...

I mean, i have them in tr cache and last time i used them didnt and that was 2 years ago.

Did they change it to stacking alatricity?
(since im lv 3 now and cant test heh)

The alacrity bonus is coupled with the madstone rage proc. Nothing I would want to rely on.
It still says 20%, but AFAIK it's still actually 15%.

Stinging_Bee
04-11-2015, 09:04 AM

Actually ethereal bracers looks good enough cause they provide alacrity 14% and ghostly. Then with madstone proc I should be covered

moo_cow
04-11-2015, 09:07 AM
What do you guys think?

24 melee power? Isn't it 2 for the warhammer and 2 for the armor? Where is all the power coming from? I haven't seen both the armor and weapon but that seems a little high for a bonus.

Stinging_Bee
04-11-2015, 09:09 AM
20 from set bonus and 4 from t3 weapon upgrade.
Armors are 150% fortification, lesser displacement and a slot.

Blackheartox
04-11-2015, 09:16 AM
With eetheral you have a googs spot open hm.

I have no idea what you could put into googs to be honest, maybe glimpse for enchant save?

Stinging_Bee
04-11-2015, 09:40 AM
Deadly 11 goggles of Accuracy are worth it

Cetus
04-11-2015, 06:05 PM
Definitely go toee one hander if you're twf. I've been thinking about switching over myself just for that reason.

Eth
04-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Definitely go toee one hander if you're twf. I've been thinking about switching over myself just for that reason.

Cetus TWF? Shenanigans.

Cetus
04-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Cetus TWF? Shenanigans.

It's looking really sweet right now, I know I know... lol

This is right after I spent mats making new mauls, GDI

Bloodskittle
04-11-2015, 11:59 PM

Which wepon you thinking of using? the heavy pick?

Anyone Considered using the Epic Locus of Vol? Blood rage and Manslayer seem intriguing, blood rage boosts STR a fair amount, could even be worth it as a swap in, proc t1 then put on a different necklace?

Cetus
04-12-2015, 01:55 AM

Anyone Considered using the Epic Locus of Vol? Blood rage and Manslayer seem intriguing, blood rage boosts STR a fair amount, could even be worth it as a swap in, proc t1 then put on a different necklace?

Yea, would be nice if it didn't slow the hell outta you - as long as it does that the item is useless.

Are you referring to the named heavy pick? If so, can't use it because the hand crafted items don't get the set bonus, it's also a trash weapon.

Go warhammers - one TF and one TOEE, the 35% fort bypass off the TF applies to both weapons - only if you're fighting really high HP orange named would you dual wield mortal fear. The lesser displacement is nice for barb too.

GDI!!! I think I wanna do TWF now...

Stinging_Bee
04-12-2015, 02:34 AM
Go warhammers - one TF and one TOEE, the 35% fort bypass off the TF applies to both weapons - only if you're fighting really high HP orange named would you dual wield mortal fear. The lesser displacement is nice for barb too.

GDI!!! I think I wanna do TWF now...

Join the fun!
I think it is insanely good right now! And it comes with a slightly different play style than THF so you might like the change for once

Warhammers get a boasted crit profile thanks to pulverizer from legendary dreadnought.
I posted the whole gear setup in the first post under the build.

Bloodskittle
04-12-2015, 03:58 AM
Have you considered taking the Pally Past life feat instead of a weapon focus? Seems to me that +3 damage is better than +2 melee power

Stinging_Bee
04-12-2015, 05:30 AM
Have you considered taking the Pally Past life feat instead of a weapon focus? Seems to me that +3 damage is better than +2 melee power

I don't like pally active past life personally, mostly because it doesn't last long enough for my taste.

I've updated the gear to fit in the new temple armor and weapons thanks to the various inputs received. Thanks folks!

Eth
04-12-2015, 06:03 AM
I don't like pally active past life personally, mostly because it doesn't last long enough for my taste.

I've updated the gear to fit in the new temple armor and weapons thanks to the various inputs received. Thanks folks!

Why knost's btw? I don't see how it beats battlerager.
4% DS + 3.5 dmage proc vs. +3 damage.

Bloodskittle
04-12-2015, 06:25 AM
4% DS vs. +3 damage.

It also provides +2 CON, not that this is really a big deal on a Barbarian as you won't be lacking for HP.

Bloodskittle
04-12-2015, 06:33 AM
What do you guys think?

This is actually a 28 Melee power bonus, don't forget to upgrade your armor too!

Set bonus = +20
Wepon mythic bonus = +4
Armor mythic bonus = +4

Stinging_Bee
04-12-2015, 06:34 AM
4% DS + 3.5 dmage proc vs. +3 damage.
I've never been a fan of that belt but it is a solid choise I think.
Is the rage attack bonus from the proc stacking with everything?
The damage from the set is multiplied by melee power and critical hits while the damage from the proc is not.
How much increase in DPS is worth 4 doublestrike on a TWF? (assuming you can keep the proc up 100% of the time)
Is it like 4% more DPS?

Eth
04-12-2015, 09:23 AM
On madstone boots:
Just tested 60 seconds of swinging with a THF.
I did a video and counted the attacks frame by frame and ended up with 100 attack animations, which is in line with vanshilar's attack speed data for 15% alacrity (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/275144-Vanshilar-s-Attack-Speed-Index-and-Formulae).

So this info from the wiki is still accurate I'd say: http://ddowiki.com/page/Madstone_Reaction
Bug: The attack-speed bonus is listed as 20% - and used to fully function at that rate pre-Update 5. Update 5 heavily modified attack rates, and madstone was probably unintentionally reduced along with many others. It's unclear if this will ever be fixed (or how it will be fixed), but the devs do consider it a bug still since the items description does not match it's effect.

It lists 20% but is actually 15%.

Monkey-Boy
04-12-2015, 09:31 AM
It lists 20% but is actually 15%.

so the same as haste,no better?

Eth
04-12-2015, 09:49 AM
I've never been a fan of that belt but it is a solid choise I think.
Is the rage attack bonus from the proc stacking with everything?
The damage from the set is multiplied by melee power and critical hits while the damage from the proc is not.
How much increase in DPS is worth 4 doublestrike on a TWF? (assuming you can keep the proc up 100% of the time)
Is it like 4% more DPS?

Your crit. profile is 15-18 x3, 19-20 x6.
Let's say you do 20 attacks and roll each die once.

For a single point of extra damage you do:
1 miss, 13 x 1 damage, 4 x 3 damage, 2 x 6 damage. That's 37 damage total or 1.85 damage per hit.
This will also get multiplied by your melee power, which should be around 177 with the new set bonus. I'll also add the 20 from the damage boost, although that is still counted as 20%, not actual melee power. So 197 MP.
That means your 1.85 damage gets multiplied by 2.97. That's 5.4945 damage per hit.

So 3 extra damage would add 16.4835 damage per hit.
Note that +2 Str doesn't really add 1 damage per swing, since you only get 0.5 damage mod for your offhand, but I'll ignore that for the sake of keeping things simple.

Now let's do 100 attack animations.
I'll assume you have 22% doublestrike and 10% offhand doublestrike.
1 attack animation can proc: 100% mainhand, 80% offhand, 22% extra mainhand, 10% extra offhand
100 x 1 = 100
100 x 0.8 = 80
100 x 0.22 = 22
100 x 0.8 x 0.1 = 8
---
total: 210 (5% will be misses, so that leaves 199.5 hits)

That means in 100 attack animations the 3 damage will add a total of 199.5 x 16.4835 = 3288.45825 damage.

Now let's add 4% doublestrike:
100 x 1 = 100
100 x 0.8 = 80
100 x 0.26 = 26
100 x 0.8 x 0.1 = 8
---
total: 214 (5% misses, 203.3 hits total)

So now you know you gained 3.8 extra hits.

The only question left is can you do more damage in 3.8 hits than 3288.45825 damage.
That's 865.38375 damage per hit.
In your video your barb is doing about 70 actual hits (haven't examined it closely, but that's about right). Assuming brunt has 100k HP that's around 1430 damage per hit.

So yes the 4% DS would win here.

Also keep in mind the belt adds 3.5 damage per hit from the spiked proc on top of that.

Eth
04-12-2015, 09:50 AM
so the same as haste,no better?

It's the same as haste, blinding speed or a Speed VX item, yes.

Stinging_Bee
04-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the tips there eth.
Much appreciated.
Its exciting to see how much more potential we can extract out of these characters!

Blackheartox
04-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Honestly, only thing im wondering in gear setup is, do i want claw or not

Andoris
04-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Honestly, only thing im wondering in gear setup is, do i want claw or not

You could.. but there would be trade-offs. To make it work you are going to likely lose some PRR and Healing Amp with the benefit being the addition of likely 3 base damage (unless you have a +11 deadly loot gen item).

Gear would most likely look something like this:

Body: ToEE Armor - 12 Resistance, Lesser displacement, Fortification 150%, 20 melee power set bonus
trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead
Neck: Jorgundal's Collar (it was a Shroud of the Ardent so loss of 14 PRR as you are now slotting PRR in a augment)
Gloves: Epic Claw (it was: Sanctified Gages loss of 2d6 light damage which is not that big of a deal)
Helm: Mythic Emerald Gaze
Bracers: Epic Claw (it was: Epic Ethereal Bracers so loss of some saves and Ghostly which is annoying)
Goggles: Mentau Goggles
Cloak: Mysterious Cloak
Ring: Seal of House Avithoul - Improved Deception OP
Ring: Deadly 10 (or 11) of xxx (it was: Encrusted Ring - Healing amplification so loss of 40 HA)
Belt: Battle Ragers harness (it was Knost's but you can no longer fit the set in and battle ragers is a dps upgrade anyways)
Boots: Madstone Boots
Quiver: Epic Quiver of Alacrity

So looks like +3 or 4 base damage (on a build like this it is about ~2.5% dps upgrade [I can run the numbers if you really want]) and you lose 40 HA, Ghostly, 14 PRR and 2d6 light damage per swing (negligible dps loss).

If you are just looking for max dps it might make sense, but I don't think I would go with that setup for general questing.

Eth
04-12-2015, 01:28 PM
Mentau's Goggles have Ghostly ;)

Blackheartox
04-12-2015, 02:56 PM
You could.. but there would be trade-offs. To make it work you are going to likely lose some PRR and Healing Amp with the benefit being the addition of likely 3 base damage (unless you have a +11 deadly loot gen item).

Gear would most likely look something like this:

Body: ToEE Armor - 12 Resistance, Lesser displacement, Fortification 150%, 20 melee power set bonus
trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead
Neck: Jorgundal's Collar (it was a Shroud of the Ardent so loss of 14 PRR as you are now slotting PRR in a augment)
Gloves: Epic Claw (it was: Sanctified Gages loss of 2d6 light damage which is not that big of a deal)
Helm: Mythic Emerald Gaze
Bracers: Epic Claw (it was: Epic Ethereal Bracers so loss of some saves and Ghostly which is annoying)
Goggles: Mentau Goggles
Cloak: Mysterious Cloak
Ring: Seal of House Avithoul - Improved Deception OP
Ring: Deadly 10 (or 11) of xxx (it was: Encrusted Ring - Healing amplification so loss of 40 HA)
Belt: Battle Ragers harness (it was Knost's but you can no longer fit the set in and battle ragers is a dps upgrade anyways)
Boots: Madstone Boots

So looks like +3 or 4 base damage (on a build like this it is about ~2.5% dps upgrade [I can run the numbers if you really want]) and you lose 40 HA, Ghostly, 14 PRR and 2d6 light damage per swing (negligible dps loss).

If you are just looking for max dps it might make sense, but I don't think I would go with that setup for general questing.

Tnx for breakdown, il prolly run 2 setups, max tard dps and the general /surival dps setup

Bloodskittle
04-12-2015, 08:20 PM

Pure Barbarian seems the most survivable due to having more hit points and healing amplification.

It is the best dps for single target bosses beatdowns like in most of the raids (Mark of death, Fire Peaks, Deathwyrm).

The Frenzy capstone looks superstrong when TWF since the procs happen almost twice as often than THF.

I also recorded a Cabal for One Bruntsmash 8403 DPS test but I'm sure this build can do that beatdown even faster if serious about it.

18 Str + Level up points
12 Dex
18 Con
8 Int
8 Wis
8 Cha

Feats
This means more damage of course but also more healing because Ravager Blood Strength T5 scales with melee power.
IC Bludgeon works on Warhammers -> Best weapon for Legendary Dreadnought Barbarian, make sure to select Pulverizer as T6.
IC Piercing works on Celestia -> Best weapon against Mark of Death Deathknights since it can bypass their PRR.
For Mod speedruns I recommend legendary dreadnought using 2 hammers on the Abbot, switch to 1 celestia in main hand and 1 warhammer in off hand (dragons edge) for Deathknights phases.

1 Power Attack
1 (Human bonus) Cleave
6 Weapon Focus Slashing
12 Two Weapon Fighting
15 Improved Critical Piercing (Can drop this one for completionist if you have it)
18 Weapon Focus Piercing
27 Overwhelming Critical
28 Elusive Target

http://i.imgur.com/OVagF7d.jpg

For Temple of Elemental Evil drop core 5 from ravager and 1 point of Cruel Cut and select knockdown immunity so you can survive the Earthquakes

Gear
ToEE Armor - 12 Resistance, Lesser displacement, Fortification 150%, 20 melee power set bonus
Epic Litany of the Dead
Shroud of the Ardent
Sanctified Gages
Mythic Emerald Gaze
Epic Ethereal Bracers
Mentau Goggles
Mysterious Cloak
Seal of House Avithoul - Improved Deception OP
Encrusted Ring - Healing amplification
Knost Belt
Madstone Boots
Epic Quiver of Alacrity

Weapons
Main Hand: TF Warhammer: 1st Degree, Dragon's Edge, Mortal Fear (Draconic Reinvigoration)
Off Hand: ToEE Warhammer: Fire or Acid

I went into Cabal yesterday to test DPS on my sorc and noticed something very important, his HP are incredibly unreliable, I did a few instances to put this theory to the test and found him at 110k at the lowest and 155k at the highest. Might be time to find a more reliable training dummy.

Bloodskittle
04-12-2015, 08:23 PM
I went into Cabal yesterday to test DPS on my sorc and noticed something very important, his HP are incredibly unreliable, I did a few instances to put this theory to the test and found him at 110k at the lowest and 155k at the highest. Might be time to find a more reliable training dummy.

That being said Hobgoblin hunter isn't hard to get, so if you can see his hp and do some quick maths DPS is still easily tested here.

Andoris
04-12-2015, 09:27 PM

That is why we record his HP when we do the dps tests.

You can unlock Hobgoblin in your Monster Manual and see his HP.. then it is as simple as dividing his HP by the number of seconds it took.

While I agree we can use a better training dummy (one with a million HP or more) as then we would get a slightly better look at true averages. Bruntsmash is all we have that is reliable atm.

Bloodskittle
04-12-2015, 11:33 PM
That is why we record his HP when we do the dps tests.

You can unlock Hobgoblin in your Monster Manual and see his HP.. then it is as simple as dividing his HP by the number of seconds it took.

While I agree we can use a better training dummy (one with a million HP or more) as then we would get a slightly better look at true averages. Bruntsmash is all we have that is reliable atm.

However we can't see the HP in Xylah's video therefore making her 8400 DPS unreliable. (Though probably still close to the truth)
Its worth killing Gardak 5-6 times to develop a proper average to see how much of a difference a +1 damage bonus is really making outside of the theory craft for example.

Eth
04-13-2015, 02:40 AM
On ToEE equip...
Looking at the crafting bench I noticed you can upgrade the armor and the weapon each with up to 4 MP/RP. Anyone knows if these stack with each other?

...and where do you get the big mushrooms? :D End chest?

Bloodskittle
04-13-2015, 02:53 AM
On ToEE equip...
Looking at the crafting bench I noticed you can upgrade the armor and the weapon each with up to 4 MP/RP. Anyone knows if these stack with each other?

...and where do you get the big mushrooms? :D End chest?

Its not confirmed if they stack but they are labelled differently one is "Mythic wepon" and one is "Mythic armor" so it stands to reason that they stack.

The big Mushrooms as far as I know can come from any chest in part 2, They could come from part 1 but I've so far only seen them from pt2

Therrias
04-13-2015, 03:10 AM
Why are you messing around with hammers and pulverizer? Picks are 17-20x4 with crit rage.

Bloodskittle
04-13-2015, 03:14 AM
Why are you messing around with hammers and pulverizer? Picks are 17-20x4 with crit rage.
Theoretically 2 more crit range is better for dps than 1 more multiplier.

Eth
04-13-2015, 03:24 AM

In LD warhammers are 15-20/x3. 15-20/x3 and 17-20/x4 are identical profiles in terms of power. Warhammer has a better base die (1d8 vs. 1d6).
Critting more often also triggers some specific effects more often that only work on crit (dragon's edge bleed damage, crippling flames or the new elemental blasts).

Picks are the best pick in DC though (pun intended).

Therrias
04-13-2015, 04:46 AM
In LD warhammers are 15-20/x3. 15-20/x3 and 17-20/x4 are identical profiles in terms of power. Warhammer has a better base die (1d8 vs. 1d6).
Critting more often also triggers some specific effects more often that only work on crit (dragon's edge bleed damage, crippling flames or the new elemental blasts).

Picks are the best pick in DC though (pun intended).

Well, I'd prefer DC anyway, but in LD you'd get those 2 ED points back.

Eth
04-13-2015, 05:01 AM
Well, I'd prefer DC anyway, but in LD you'd get those 2 ED points back.

Fair enough. With my LD setup the 2 points wouldn't do much more than giving me either 2 seeker and a filler point or +1 Str though.
Warhammer is still better for the points mentioned in that case.

Stinging_Bee
04-13-2015, 05:51 AM

Warhammers have same crit profile in LD but higher base damage which means more DPS, especially on high fort mobs

Blackheartox
04-13-2015, 06:07 AM
Has anyone tried to put up a fighter build with weapon focus feats?
Some kind 16 fighter 2 monk 2 palie or whatnot that abuses focus feats to max

Therrias
04-13-2015, 06:08 AM
Warhammers have same crit profile in LD but higher base damage which means more DPS, especially on high fort mobs

2 more points in LD adds DPS, 1 less Improved Critical feat adds DPS. If nothing else you can add 6 seeker right there. 10% wider crit range is nice situationally, but last time I checked Dragon's Edge bleed damage was bugged and Crippling Flames isn't worth using in the first place.

Eth
04-13-2015, 06:30 AM
2 more points in LD adds DPS, 1 less Improved Critical feat adds DPS. If nothing else you can add 6 seeker right there.

Does that make up for the base damage?
Just self buffs is 6.3[1d6] vs. 6.3[1d8] (with ToEE weapons it's 6.8[x]).
Add more W buffs and it get's worse and worse for the pick.
This get's multiplied by MP.

If you don't plan to play in DC at all you could also just skip the IC Pierce entirely (at leasts that's what I will do).

Bloodskittle
04-13-2015, 07:51 AM
I'm thinking acid based TOEE wepon considering acid hits most things, Thoughts?

I realise that if you hated yourself enough you could farm all the elemental types and all the mushrooms required so that you could swap situationally to maximise DPS

Eth
04-13-2015, 08:11 AM
I'm thinking acid based TOEE wepon considering acid hits most things, Thoughts?

I realise that if you hated yourself enough you could farm all the elemental types and all the mushrooms required so that you could swap situationally to maximise DPS

Thinking the same, if you only want to craft one weapon, I would craft acid. It's the most versatile, nothing important is immune to it.
- Thaarak Hounds
- Clay Golems (get healed by acid)
- Oozes
- Green Dragons
...anything else?

Bloodskittle
04-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Thinking the same, if you only want to craft one weapon, I would craft acid. It's the most versatile, nothing important is immune to it.
- Thaarak Hounds
- Clay Golems (get healed by acid)
- Oozes
- Green Dragons
...anything else?

-Black Dragons
-Arach's Knight (immune to all elemental damage so who cares?)

That's pretty much everything...

kendo
04-13-2015, 09:09 AM
your build caught my eye as I would like to give TWF a try instead of the more typical THF. however, I have very limited experience with the barbarian class and none since the updates.

would you be kind enough to list your enhancements? would really help us newcomers to the barbarian class.

Stinging_Bee
04-13-2015, 09:59 AM
your build caught my eye as I would like to give TWF a try instead of the more typical THF. however, I have very limited experience with the barbarian class and none since the updates.

would you be kind enough to list your enhancements? would really help us newcomers to the barbarian class.

Sure! There is a screenshot of the enhancements in the first post right after the feat selection.

RumbIe
04-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Haven't really played a barb before so have been waiting for a nice build write up. I've been keeping my eye on the red sonja series. I have a couple boob (barbarian-noob) questions.

1) I get why the weapon focus with the changes and stacking melee power and I'm assuming since you are spending feats on them it's worth it. However why improved crit piercing if you are using warhammers? If I don't have completionist would great cleave be better suited here or something else entirely?

2) Or instead of completionist I have a toon with quite a few kopeshes that is due for a TR. I notice everyone goes with war hammers for barb, but kopeshes have a crit range of 19-20x3. Wouldn't that justify burning a feat? Please note none are TF kopeshes else it may justify the expense.

Thanks

kendo
04-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Sure! There is a screenshot of the enhancements in the first post right after the feat selection.

my apologies. for some reason, the browser I was on earlier today didn't display the screen shots of the enhancements. opened on a different browser and there they were :)

thank you for your kind reply and not making fun of the browser challenged :)

Stinging_Bee
04-13-2015, 06:19 PM
Haven't really played a barb before so have been waiting for a nice build write up. I've been keeping my eye on the red sonja series. I have a couple boob (barbarian-noob) questions.

1) I get why the weapon focus with the changes and stacking melee power and I'm assuming since you are spending feats on them it's worth it. However why improved crit piercing if you are using warhammers? If I don't have completionist would great cleave be better suited here or something else entirely?

2) Or instead of completionist I have a toon with quite a few kopeshes that is due for a TR. I notice everyone goes with war hammers for barb, but kopeshes have a crit range of 19-20x3. Wouldn't that justify burning a feat? Please note none are TF kopeshes else it may justify the expense.

Thanks

1 Ic piercing is a nice feat that works with some interesting weapons like celestias or heavy picks. That said it's not a mandatory feat and you can swap it for something else if you plan to run in Legendary Dreadnought all the time. Great Cleave or Heavy armor are solid choices.
If you need to do some epic destiny xp and plan to play in other destinies IC with heavy picks is more dps than warhammers.

2 Warhammers benefit from the T6 pulverizer in Legendary Dreadnought destiny so their crit profile becomes the same as a kopesh but does not cost 1 feat.

If you have other questions toss em here and me or other nice players will try to answer if we can

my apologies. for some reason, the browser I was on earlier today didn't display the screen shots of the enhancements. opened on a different browser and there they were :)

thank you for your kind reply and not making fun of the browser challenged :)

Ahah no worries

Blackheartox
04-15-2015, 06:15 PM
Last thing that botherd me, was now that gear is check, build is check, the looks!

With help of my guildies and friends, we have decided on a new guild uniform.
Difference is glamour color tho.

About build, its simple dumb how strong this thing is.
Issue i have is primal interacting with madstone, when you are madened you cant use primal, so you need to plan before hand, not like anything lives thro 3 minutes, but hey!

http://s12.postimg.org/9b54hvgsp/Screen_Shot00216.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/9b54hvgsp/)

Bloodskittle
04-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Last thing that botherd me, was now that gear is check, build is check, the looks!

With help of my guildies and friends, we have decided on a new guild uniform.
Difference is glamour color tho.

About build, its simple dumb how strong this thing is.
Issue i have is primal interacting with madstone, when you are madened you cant use primal, so you need to plan before hand, not like anything lives thro 3 minutes, but hey!

http://s12.postimg.org/9b54hvgsp/Screen_Shot00216.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/9b54hvgsp/)

Thought you guys wore top-hats XD

Stinging_Bee
04-16-2015, 01:09 AM
To clear madstone rage toggle on your defensive combat stance, then toggle it off, then cast primal scream, buffs and whatnot, then rage again!

Blackheartox
04-16-2015, 03:54 AM
To clear madstone rage toggle on your defensive combat stance, then toggle it off, then cast primal scream, buffs and whatnot, then rage again!

I know, but to much unneeded work ;)

Blackheartox
04-16-2015, 03:55 AM

We do, but since i have skull fetish, im trying to make it our new guild uniform!

Eth
04-16-2015, 05:09 AM

The elemental companion seems to cover that.

Cetus
04-16-2015, 05:43 AM
I'll probably craft a fire toee weapon actually, the fire vulnerability seems to stack with 1st degree burns vulnerability, and would amplify the crippling flames damage quite nicely on vulnerable bosses.

Bloodskittle
04-16-2015, 06:01 AM
I'll probably craft a fire toee weapon actually, the fire vulnerability seems to stack with 1st degree burns vulnerability, and would amplify the crippling flames damage quite nicely on vulnerable bosses.

Abbot has a more or less permanent fire shield cold, so he takes 50% fire damage.
Dragons in Peaks are immune to fire.
Don't spend a huge amount of time attacking Auglalaroasa anyway.
Zuggtmoy uses the immunity shield so you'll be losing stacks of vulnerability pretty quickly.

So for the main bosses where you'll actually be able to stack up 20 vulnerability Fire is fairly ineffective. On trash you're just gonna crush it anyway no need for vulnerability.

All that said, if you have the patience and the time go ahead and craft all 4 elements it couldn't hurt.

Eth
04-16-2015, 06:06 AM
Also, if they stick to the plan, we should see epic shavarath and vale in the future. Fire will be likely less useful there.

Bloodskittle
04-16-2015, 06:18 AM
Also, if they stick to the plan, we should see epic shavarath and vale in the future. Fire will be likely less useful there.

Cordovan confirmed that we will be seeing Epic Shavarath and that it will be fresh content somewhere on this thread

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/458390-Update-26-Quests-Raids-and-Loot

Blackheartox
04-16-2015, 06:22 AM
In all honesty il start farming for acid one, but since i plan to do it with 5 bot accounts, doubt it will take me forever.

My biggest issue is that i linked tentacle hentai in wrong channel so got a 1 day ban.
**** me and my mind state at 4 am

Eth
04-16-2015, 06:54 AM
My biggest issue is that i linked tentacle hentai in wrong channel so got a 1 day ban.

I'm sure the GM did some extended investigation on this offense.

Cetus
04-16-2015, 10:20 AM
Abbot has a more or less permanent fire shield cold, so he takes 50% fire damage.
Dragons in Peaks are immune to fire.
Don't spend a huge amount of time attacking Auglalaroasa anyway.
Zuggtmoy uses the immunity shield so you'll be losing stacks of vulnerability pretty quickly.

So for the main bosses where you'll actually be able to stack up 20 vulnerability Fire is fairly ineffective. On trash you're just gonna crush it anyway no need for vulnerability.

All that said, if you have the patience and the time go ahead and craft all 4 elements it couldn't hurt.

Deathknights in abbot are the more important beatdown, they take fire damage. I spend a lot of time attacking aurglarossa actually. Zoggtmoy's shield is only up for as long as trash is up, depends how fast your group can take them down - I've been in groups that demolished them very quickly.

There are a lot of bosses that I use crippling flames on. Bunch of rares in TOEE that take full fire damage, TOEE end boss, the bebelith, zugtmoy, haunted halls remnant farms all take it, the bosses in all the nodes except fire obviously take fire damage, all of stormhorns.

Don't downplay the usefulness of crippling flames, in my experience - its utility far outweighs the few targets that are immune. For those guys, yea I'll probably have an acid backup.

But the best synergy between toee and TF in terms of red named DPS is fire.

It's also worth noting that there isn't actually that much elemental damage on the weapons - greater blast is really the only thing, the AoE save seems bugged, and even then it is rather crappy damage.

Well of course, but I'm not holding my breath for that, dealing with current end-game for now, by then there will be a ton of extra mats to adapt.

Blackheartox
04-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Isnt it like better to make 2 3rd degree burners keep track of boss debuffs and once you stack 20 /should be quick on how fast this thing procs stuff, i actually used storm reaver pendant so i can tell that vorpals happen super fast in a haste boost, then when you stack 20 do a hotswap to your regular boss beaters, no idea, whatever you prefer.
That way you negate need for fire toee, and it literally takes couple seconds to stack 20 and you are back to full tard dps mode with lets say a acid temple + a first degreer dragon edge whatever 3rd tier.

At least thats how i usually play melles, yes its a hotswap, but it raises your dps

Cetus
04-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Isnt it like better to make 2 3rd degree burners keep track of boss debuffs and once you stack 20 /should be quick on how fast this thing procs stuff, i actually used storm reaver pendant so i can tell that vorpals happen super fast in a haste boost, then when you stack 20 do a hotswap to your regular boss beaters, no idea, whatever you prefer.
That way you negate need for fire toee, and it literally takes couple seconds to stack 20 and you are back to full tard dps mode with lets say a acid temple + a first degreer dragon edge whatever 3rd tier.

At least thats how i usually play melles, yes its a hotswap, but it raises your dps

That would work too I guess, but the interesting synergy I was referring to revolved around the stacking nature of 1st/3rd degree burns vulnerability and the elemental vulnerability on toee weapons. So if you're going with crippling flames where you're doing, say, 200 a crit, that's an additional 40 points of damage a crit once you get a full stack going.

Blackheartox
04-17-2015, 06:54 PM
Can someone confirm this for me?
I was testing a bit with elemental weapons + degree burners, what i noticed is that i cant stack regular degree stuff if i proc elemental debuff first, but the elemental one actually gets increased on each thforged debuff.
Did roughly maybe 100 swings test on dummy so its not super correct, and as im sleepy as hell now i would be happy if someone could test this further.

What happens is that the first thing i start stacking stacks from both things, so the vulner cant be stacked properly with elemental weapon giving us a potential loss of dps, need to start regular weaken and then can swap to elemental weapons.

Went to cabal started beating on dude with elemental/thforged, couldnt proc a single stack of vulner til i swaped out the elemental, then managed to stack vulner.
Which would mean, taht most t1 are useless unless you want to swap out a elemental and a thforged.
In case you use a th /elemental weapon you would need to get fire one to at least get something out of it.
Way to fix this is use a pair of th forged for stacking vulner then swap to elemental with fire aspect + 1 thforged.
Cant start fight with elemental and need to swap out every time you want vulner stacks again.

IT seems messy as i wrote it, but honestly i hope someone gets what i tested and tests himself.
Elemental weapons suddenly seem fun since you need to micromanage swaping

kendo
04-17-2015, 11:35 PM
for those of us that don't have TF or ToEE hammers yet, would Mornh be a decent starting point? with the expanded crit range, would think it would do pretty well when combined with pulverizer.

Bloodskittle
04-18-2015, 02:10 AM
for those of us that don't have TF or ToEE hammers yet, would Mornh be a decent starting point? with the expanded crit range, would think it would do pretty well when combined with pulverizer.

T2 TF wepons are actually pretty decent so work on getting those they're not too hard to manage. Mornh is good too though.

kendo
04-18-2015, 07:18 AM
don't know that alignment means nearly as much as it once did for item use, etc. but wanted to make sure that I don't overlook something so simple. had penciled in chaotic neutral. I don't believe I have ever had a chaotic alignment, so what the heck :) and I usually go neutral unless class or specific item requirements dictate otherwise.

Bloodskittle
04-19-2015, 01:12 AM
don't know that alignment means nearly as much as it once did for item use, etc. but wanted to make sure that I don't overlook something so simple. had penciled in chaotic neutral. I don't believe I have ever had a chaotic alignment, so what the heck :) and I usually go neutral unless class or specific item requirements dictate otherwise.

Alignment is somewhat irrelevant but you want to avoid having good in your alignment because then eLitany will give you a negative level.

Eth
04-22-2015, 02:29 AM

For warhammers power, it's roughly:
GS < Alchemical < Drow < Mornh < ToEE (/w set bonus) < Thunderforged

kendo
04-27-2015, 09:07 AM
For warhammers power, it's roughly:
GS < Alchemical < Drow < Mornh < ToEE (/w set bonus) < Thunderforged

thanks Eth, appreciate the feedback. still have at least one unused box from CitW and can usually pick up Drow weapons reasonably on the AH. so looks like I can start off with Drow + Mornh while I work on farming ToEE and TF.

looking forward to running a Barb again after several years away from that class

Lumpsack
05-04-2015, 03:11 AM
Hi,

I'm just starting to do the whole past lives thing with an eye on completionist and I'm planning on making this my second life (bard was the first) as it looks such a solid build - however I get the impression that it really kicks in around level 19, so was wondering what you would change if you were only going to get to level 20 and TR again?

Cheers

Bloodskittle
05-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Hi,

I'm just starting to do the whole past lives thing with an eye on completionist and I'm planning on making this my second life (bard was the first) as it looks such a solid build - however I get the impression that it really kicks in around level 19, so was wondering what you would change if you were only going to get to level 20 and TR again?

Cheers

for just 1-20 I would do a THF and do something more along the lines of Zoda's Zergbarian

Lumpsack
05-05-2015, 08:13 AM
I'll do that - probably switch to a HORC though as I've no completeionist - thank you.

Bloodskittle
05-07-2015, 08:16 PM
I'll do that - probably switch to a HORC though as I've no completeionist - thank you.

Human gets the +20% damage boost, and the free feat can be used to take additional melee power if you don't have completionist.

Tipunch
05-20-2015, 12:47 AM
Hi miss red !

How can you reached between 400-500 dmg on hit ?

Can you give me your melee power and strength plz ?

I try your build with a 20 barb, no past life, no pots, missing the gear from MoD raid. And I reached not much than 260 on normal hit.

Thank you.

Bloodskittle
05-20-2015, 12:49 AM
Hi miss red !

I try your build with a 20 barb, no past life, no pots, missing the gear from MoD raid. And I reached not much than 260 on normal hit.

Thank you.

Get to level 28, this makes a major difference as you get +3 MP every epic life, Also get tomes, make sure you have a Deadly item, essentially its a combination of little bonuses that make for incredibly solid DPS

Tipunch
05-20-2015, 01:50 AM
I'm level 28, with 20 lvl barb.
Only deadly 8, will improve this.
I have with no pots but abilities of barb : 67 strength and 130 melee power (with zeal) or 150 (with blitz)
Is that only my strength missing ?
If I reach 80 my normal hit will 400-500 damage and with heavy pick 3500 on d20 ?

I feel I'm missing a big "something" with barb...

Ty for yours comments :)

Lonnbeimnech
05-20-2015, 02:38 AM
I'm level 28, with 20 lvl barb.
Only deadly 8, will improve this.
I have with no pots but abilities of barb : 67 strength and 130 melee power (with zeal) or 150 (with blitz)
Is that only my strength missing ?
If I reach 80 my normal hit will 400-500 damage and with heavy pick 3500 on d20 ?

I feel I'm missing a big "something" with barb...

Ty for yours comments :)

Try it with +4 str from tenser's transformation, +2 str from yugo pots +2 from store pots +2 from completionist +2 damage and str from elitany with a +11 str items and a +4 insightful item +3 damage from monk past lives +20% from human damage boost, using 4.5[w] weapons with deadly weapons and improved power attack on them.

Stinging_Bee
05-20-2015, 04:59 AM
Hi miss red !

Thank you.

Hey! I'm happy you are enjoing the build!
Huge part of the dps you see in the video is thanks to the amazing performance of thunderforged weapons. They will improve your dps greatly!
As far as my melee power using L.D. I can boost mine up to over 220 with 1 thunderforged weapon and 1 temple of elemental evil weapon.
Strength is around 80.
Then there are other stuff that can help you do more damage like for example Twists and past lives.

Tipunch
05-20-2015, 05:02 AM
Thanks for your answers :)
Will work on it !!

RumbIe
05-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Hi. First love the build and I'm excited t try a barb. Never did one before except an FVS split that was self healing but poor dps. Now after the updates I'm ready to jump on board this beast. So I started and am level 5 right now and mowing through stuff. I'm THF with mauls and ogrish war axe as well as a great axe of lacerating and maul of aerating. Against champs I take a beating, but on elite its to be expected I guess. I usually survive through it and can pot back to full and move on.

So a couple of things. First I'm 3rd life and while I have no war hammers on this life (mostly 2 handed weapons from prior fighter lives) I will go as you have built. I have a raiders reward box, but I'm not sure if it's worth it for the CITW hammer or not and I may save it for another life and focus on maybe a cormeyean crafted and the TF one with assorted stuff from the ah until I get there.

- I didn't have a +5 dex tome. Only +4 so I needed to bump dex. So I took from Con and figured why have an odd con number and went con 16. That allowed me to bump dex to 15. Way more than I needed, but I could potentially grab twf, gtwf and itwf sooner. Is that what you would do? Grab them sooner since I'll have the dex earlier? So I'd have dex 15 at level 7 so after 7 I could get twf. Worth doing it or stay thf till 20?

- I kept STR at 18 and tossed 2 into CHA because my last few toons I've leveled have been CHA based and I'm used to. Plus can't hurt UMD right. Maybe I should have went Int for Know the Angles, but what's done is done.

- I'm not a completionist so I have that feat free. Was thinking Great Cleave. How often are you using IC pierce on most questing? Is it worth having over GC? I mean I don't want to add buttons to my hotbar just for the sake of it

- How much does 2 melee power give/do? Was thinking of dropping a WF (just one) for Heavy Armor Prof. Wouldn't that be a big help? If so which WF would you drop and when would you take heavy armor? If 2 melee power makes a big difference then I'll keep all 3 WF. It's just at lower levels when I get a melee power bump I don't see much change.

Thanks

Stinging_Bee
05-21-2015, 05:59 PM
Hi. First love the build and I'm excited t try a barb. Never did one before except an FVS split that was self healing but poor dps. Now after the updates I'm ready to jump on board this beast. So I started and am level 5 right now and mowing through stuff. I'm THF with mauls and ogrish war axe as well as a great axe of lacerating and maul of aerating. Against champs I take a beating, but on elite its to be expected I guess. I usually survive through it and can pot back to full and move on.

So a couple of things. First I'm 3rd life and while I have no war hammers on this life (mostly 2 handed weapons from prior fighter lives) I will go as you have built. I have a raiders reward box, but I'm not sure if it's worth it for the CITW hammer or not and I may save it for another life and focus on maybe a cormeyean crafted and the TF one with assorted stuff from the ah until I get there.

- I didn't have a +5 dex tome. Only +4 so I needed to bump dex. So I took from Con and figured why have an odd con number and went con 16. That allowed me to bump dex to 15. Way more than I needed, but I could potentially grab twf, gtwf and itwf sooner. Is that what you would do? Grab them sooner since I'll have the dex earlier? So I'd have dex 15 at level 7 so after 7 I could get twf. Worth doing it or stay thf till 20?

- I kept STR at 18 and tossed 2 into CHA because my last few toons I've leveled have been CHA based and I'm used to. Plus can't hurt UMD right. Maybe I should have went Int for Know the Angles, but what's done is done.

- I'm not a completionist so I have that feat free. Was thinking Great Cleave. How often are you using IC pierce on most questing? Is it worth having over GC? I mean I don't want to add buttons to my hotbar just for the sake of it

- How much does 2 melee power give/do? Was thinking of dropping a WF (just one) for Heavy Armor Prof. Wouldn't that be a big help? If so which WF would you drop and when would you take heavy armor? If 2 melee power makes a big difference then I'll keep all 3 WF. It's just at lower levels when I get a melee power bump I don't see much change.

Thanks

If you are not a completionist you can definitely get heavy armor proficiency with that extra feat. It's a totally viable choice to boost a little bit more your magical and physical resistance. I'd keep all the weapon focuses.

RumbIe
05-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Thank you. I'm guessing by your response at higher levels 2 melee power is definitely noticeable so I'll keep those.

How about the order? With a starting dex of 15 I just need to get my BAB high enough for twf and will have 17 by level 7 for i and g twf. would it make better sense to get those as soon as I can or just stay thf until 20 and focus on getting wf feats first?

kendo
05-26-2015, 02:04 PM
was hoping for some suggestions on what gear to use before you get up to the gear set recommended in the original posts. for most classes, I can do pretty well with commendations out in eveningstar. PDK gloves and helm look pretty good for the STR, CON and amp. possibly adding the Chitin breastplate if I could find one on the AH. the only other item that looked helpful was the bracers from the villagers, mainly for the parrying.

I don't have the scales or comms for dragon scale armor, so probably just search the AH or see what drops in chests.

many thanks for any other ideas, suggestions

Eth
05-27-2015, 03:31 AM
Rolled this version now on my barb (kind of).
What do people think about quick draw? I had it on my barb before and I really don't like playing without it (maybe it's just to much muscle memory, but I get really annoyed not having it, now that I play without it).
I'm level 23 now and seriously considering taking it at 24. Seems better for me than another 2 MP (I already took GTWF, since I started with 13 Dex).

Eth
05-27-2015, 03:39 AM
was hoping for some suggestions on what gear to use before you get up to the gear set recommended in the original posts. for most classes, I can do pretty well with commendations out in eveningstar. PDK gloves and helm look pretty good for the STR, CON and amp. possibly adding the Chitin breastplate if I could find one on the AH. the only other item that looked helpful was the bracers from the villagers, mainly for the parrying.

I don't have the scales or comms for dragon scale armor, so probably just search the AH or see what drops in chests.

many thanks for any other ideas, suggestions

This is my setup at 23. Most stuff isn't hard to acquire.
There's no real need for a dragon armor, the giant armor is almost the same and can be used one level earlier (and only costs giant relics).

Head: Epic Helm of Frost (no idea what to put here, kind of unneccessary)
Neck: Heroic Jorgundal's Collar
Trinket: +8 Con Prowess Trinket
Cloak: Deadly VI of Resistance VI
Belt: Epic Spare Hand
Ring1: Ring of the Stalker
Ring2: Heroic Guardian's Ring slotted with Master's Gift
Gloves: PDK gloves
Boots: Kundarak Boots
Bracers: Levik's Bracers
Armor: Restored Giantcrafted Medium Armor
Goggles: GS 45 HP
Weapon1: CITW or Drow Weapon
Weapon2: CITW or Drow Weapon

Stinging_Bee
05-27-2015, 03:45 AM
What do people think about quick draw? I had it on my barb before and I really don't like playing without it (maybe it's just to much muscle memory, but I get really annoyed not having it, now that I play without it).
I'm level 23 now and seriously considering taking it at 24. Seems better for me than another 2 MP (I already took GTWF, since I started with 13 Dex).

For my playstyle QuickDraw is not very important.
I guess if you are really used to it it could be an option but I personally prefer to click on a cleave or something like that after the activation of a boost to speed up the attack sequence

Eth
05-27-2015, 04:03 AM
For my playstyle QuickDraw is not very important.
I guess if you are really used to it it could be an option but I personally prefer to click on a cleave or something like that after the activation of a boost to speed up the attack sequence

Cleave doesn't speed it up, it just gives you one attack, which is better than nothing.
There is still a small delay from the action boosts after the cleave, where you would already be swinging with quick draw.
It also helps when you weapon swap midfight or use a scroll or clickie and swap back to your weapons.

I don't know, just feels wonky without it for me. Maybe you should try it and see what I mean ;)

the_one_dwarfforged
05-27-2015, 04:36 AM

in my opinion quick draw is the much better choice, if only because you do notice not having it, but you wont notice not having 2 mp.

kendo
05-27-2015, 07:33 PM
This is my setup at 23. Most stuff isn't hard to acquire.
There's no real need for a dragon armor, the giant armor is almost the same and can be used one level earlier (and only costs giant relics).

Head: Epic Helm of Frost (no idea what to put here, kind of unneccessary)
Neck: Heroic Jorgundal's Collar
Trinket: +8 Con Prowess Trinket
Cloak: Deadly VI of Resistance VI
Belt: Epic Spare Hand
Ring1: Ring of the Stalker
Ring2: Heroic Guardian's Ring slotted with Master's Gift
Gloves: PDK gloves
Boots: Kundarak Boots
Bracers: Levik's Bracers
Armor: Restored Giantcrafted Medium Armor
Goggles: GS 45 HP
Weapon1: CITW or Drow Weapon
Weapon2: CITW or Drow Weapon

thanks Eth, appreciate the reply. I hadn't thought about restored armor, no one really talks about it any more but that could be a nice option at that level.

kendo
05-31-2015, 03:21 PM
because I am only at 34 pt build, I put an extra couple of points into DEX instead of the final point into CON. I rearranged the order of feats taken a bit because I could qualify for the TWF line a little sooner.

I am about ready to hit 21 and see the following feat options - stunning blow, heavy armor or weapon focus piercing, from the heroic levels I replaced with TWF feats. or overwhelming critical as I don't have to delay it for the TWF line.

looking for suggestions for the next couple of feat selections. I was leaning towards OC, just because it's almost always recommended to get as soon as you can on melee characters. but I didn't know if the 2 extra MP as constant damage on each hit + a little extra healing was better than the extra crit damage. or would it be better to go for some damage mitigation with either stunning blow or heavy armor?

the other feat I saw mentioned a couple of times was improved crit piercing. I believe this was in case you went outside LD and used heavy picks instead of hammers or for temporary use of something like Celestia. but that seems very situational and the other 4 would be of more constant benefit.

which of those feats would you suggest, and in which order to take them. thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Eth
06-01-2015, 01:43 AM
because I am only at 34 pt build, I put an extra couple of points into DEX instead of the final point into CON. I rearranged the order of feats taken a bit because I could qualify for the TWF line a little sooner.
I did the same on my build (taking TWF line earlier). That way you are not locked into taking overwhelming crit. at 28. That allows you the option of chosing blinding speed which can make sense depending if you wear a Speed XV item or not (I'm still sticking with Orcish Privateer Boots, so I took it).

I am about ready to hit 21 and see the following feat options - stunning blow, heavy armor or weapon focus piercing, from the heroic levels I replaced with TWF feats. or overwhelming critical as I don't have to delay it for the TWF line.
Take Overwhelming Critical.

looking for suggestions for the next couple of feat selections. I was leaning towards OC, just because it's almost always recommended to get as soon as you can on melee characters. but I didn't know if the 2 extra MP as constant damage on each hit + a little extra healing was better than the extra crit damage. or would it be better to go for some damage mitigation with either stunning blow or heavy armor?
Don't take heavy armor prof. unless you plan to stay at lvl 28 AND use thunderforged heavy armor with shadow guardian. Other than that there's no reason for a barbarian to go with heavy armor.
Barbs get 10 extra PRR while raging in med. armor, so the difference in PRR is almost non-existant (MRR is a bit more).
But medium armor also allows for higher dodge bonus and has less arcane spell failure. All that considered heavy armor prof. is not worth a feat.

the other feat I saw mentioned a couple of times was improved crit piercing. I believe this was in case you went outside LD and used heavy picks instead of hammers or for temporary use of something like Celestia. but that seems very situational and the other 4 would be of more constant benefit.
Chose your weapons depending on what you want to do. If you want to do a couple ERs and level through different epic destinies, war hammers aren't the best choice (unless you have two Mornhs, then they are great for that being a quasi khopesh). For a more general weapon for any destiny, Khopeshes are still king.
If you plan to stay at 28 in LD or generally play only in LD, follow the build as it is and go with warhammers.

Keep in mind this build was made with a focus on level 28 to absolutely max. out DPS (therefore the weapon focus feats).

which of those feats would you suggest, and in which order to take them. thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
21 OC
24 Stunning Blow
27 another weapon focus feat or blinding speed (if you aren't using a Speed XV item)

unbongwah
06-01-2015, 08:45 AM
Barbs get 10 extra PRR while raging in med. armor, so the difference in PRR is almost non-existant (MRR is a bit more).
Actually, they get the +10 PRR regardless of whether they're Raging. It's the +10 Melee Power which is Rage-dependent.

Eth
06-01-2015, 08:55 AM
Actually, they get the +10 PRR regardless of whether they're Raging. It's the +10 Melee Power which is Rage-dependent.

I only recently switched to medium, but I'm pretty sure my PRR does increase when I activate rage.

Eth
06-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Just checked in game. The 10 PRR is indeed only applied while raged. The description also checks out. Guess it's ddowiki that needs an update here ;)
http://i.imgur.com/SzYHfCq.jpg

Mystickal
06-01-2015, 10:40 AM
I only recently switched to medium, but I'm pretty sure my PRR does increase when I activate rage.

DDOWiki implies that the PRR bonus is always active (see Greater Rage Feat) but in game on my barb this is not the case - it is only active while raging.

~Bill

kendo
06-01-2015, 09:28 PM
I did the same on my build (taking TWF line earlier). That way you are not locked into taking overwhelming crit. at 28. That allows you the option of chosing blinding speed which can make sense depending if you wear a Speed XV item or not (I'm still sticking with Orcish Privateer Boots, so I took it).

Take Overwhelming Critical.

Don't take heavy armor prof. unless you plan to stay at lvl 28 AND use thunderforged heavy armor with shadow guardian. Other than that there's no reason for a barbarian to go with heavy armor.
But medium armor also allows for higher dodge bonus and has less arcane spell failure. All that considered heavy armor prof. is not worth a feat.

Chose your weapons depending on what you want to do. If you want to do a couple ERs and level through different epic destinies, war hammers aren't the best choice (unless you have two Mornhs, then they are great for that being a quasi khopesh). For a more general weapon for any destiny, Khopeshes are still king.
If you plan to stay at 28 in LD or generally play only in LD, follow the build as it is and go with warhammers.

Keep in mind this build was made with a focus on level 28 to absolutely max. out DPS (therefore the weapon focus feats).

21 OC
24 Stunning Blow
27 another weapon focus feat or blinding speed (if you aren't using a Speed XV item)

thank you Eth ! appreciate the very detailed reply. I do have 1 Mornh and could get a second, as I still have a CitW box sitting in the bank but will most likely save that. I am just starting to rotate through the destinies so may play in LD when it's needed but get XP in others when top performance isn't required. I have very few khopeshes and wouldn't want to burn a feat for proficiency. but I could probably round up a couple of heavy picks to use when not in LD and then improved crit could be worth it.

thanks again

RumbIe
06-02-2015, 03:34 PM
What exactly does quick draw do? I've used it for shurikens but never melee. Is it just weapon swaps so it is almost seamless or does it also make you chug potions quicker (looking at you lesser restore pots)?

Thanks

Axeyu
06-02-2015, 06:48 PM
What exactly does quick draw do? I've used it for shurikens but never melee. Is it just weapon swaps so it is almost seamless or does it also make you chug potions quicker (looking at you lesser restore pots)?

Thanks

Quickdraw reduces the time in which you can't attack after activating abilities like actions boosts. The delay goes from about 1.2 seconds to 0.6 seconds, so it's quite significant.
You can use cleave immediately after using a boost to get past the delay, but cleave doesn't proc offhand attacks or double strikes.

Eth
06-03-2015, 02:31 AM

Thanks

Quickdraw reduces the time in which you can't attack after activating abilities like actions boosts. The delay goes from about 1.2 seconds to 0.6 seconds, so it's quite significant.
You can use cleave immediately after using a boost to get past the delay, but cleave doesn't proc offhand attacks or double strikes.

What he said. Other abilities I noticed it on are frenzy, death frenzy, storm's eye and improved uncanny dodge (at least I think so, I haven't excessively tested and can't test now since I already took it).

0.6 seconds may not sound much, but to give you an impression... a 45% alacrity TWF does 133 attacks per minute (an attack means mainhand+offhand+doublestrike+offhand doublestrike).
So in 0.6 seconds you get to make 1.33 attacks.

My build in LD has 29% DS and 10% offhand DS.
With mainhand, offhand, DS and offhand DS considered that means in 0.6 seconds I get to roll 2.8861 hits.

Bloodskittle
06-04-2015, 04:36 AM
My build in LD has 29% DS and 10% offhand DS.
With mainhand, offhand, DS and offhand DS considered that means in 0.6 seconds I get to roll 2.8861 hits.

Mind doing a break down on your double strike Eth? I'm currently 1% behind you on double strike, wondering what I'm missing.

Eth
06-04-2015, 05:21 AM
Mind doing a break down on your double strike Eth? I'm currently 1% behind you on double strike, wondering what I'm missing.

12 battlerager
9 pastlives
5 PTWF
3 Hail of Blows

(well actually I currently have also 3% profane bonus from TF striker armor, but I'm working on that ToEE set :D)

Vanhooger
06-29-2015, 06:29 AM
Rolled barbarian on my alt but I don't understand how you can play it without a permanent fom boots. I mean if you get held, I know there is pin & dreadnought clicky but it's not enough I guess. Also there is the 10 min bottle but in some quest you get dispelled often, and if not dispelled you realize it went off only when they hold you.
It's not just hold...web, slow effect etc like ice storm ecc. A lot of them everywhere.

Eth
06-29-2015, 06:37 AM
Rolled barbarian on my alt but I don't understand how you can play it without a permanent fom boots. I mean if you get held, I know there is pin & dreadnought clicky but it's not enough I guess. Also there is the 10 min bottle but in some quest you get dispelled often.
and it's not just hold, web, slow effect etc like ice storm ecc. A lot of them everywhere.

Completely agree. It's not even like there are other boots that are that interesting to chose them over FoM (unless you really care about stunning blow maybe).
And bottles are the most useless fluff ever. I made one and still regret it. I think it's rotting in my TR cache now.
10 minute cooldown makes them totally useless due to dispel and rest shrines not appearing excactly at 10 minute marks (usually you will shrine, your FoM is gone and you still have to wait until you can use it again).

Blackheartox
06-29-2015, 07:13 AM
Rolled barbarian on my alt but I don't understand how you can play it without a permanent fom boots. I mean if you get held, I know there is pin & dreadnought clicky but it's not enough I guess. Also there is the 10 min bottle but in some quest you get dispelled often, and if not dispelled you realize it went off only when they hold you.
It's not just hold...web, slow effect etc like ice storm ecc. A lot of them everywhere.

When i was barb, literally only thing i did was temple part 1 and temple part 2, and ocasiocally helped friends with what they need.
No holds in that content. With past lifes and raged and swaping couple gear items i could get my will save to god numbers anyways, would fail only on 1s.
I think people underestimate past lifes, tomes and glimpse alot.
Combination of those makes most builds and classes immune to most forms of cc.
And barbs get so muchsave vs will based spells when raged that its rather dumb imo

Vanhooger
06-29-2015, 07:20 AM
When i was barb, literally only thing i did was temple part 1 and temple part 2, and ocasiocally helped friends with what they need.
No holds in that content. With past lifes and raged and swaping couple gear items i could get my will save to god numbers anyways, would fail only on 1s.
And barbs get so muchsave vs will based spells when raged that its rather dumb imo

Well my alt doesnt have much PL and I don't see any other boots that is a decent choice compared to perma fom. As ETH said, maybe the one for stun but I dont have it anyway.

Eth
06-29-2015, 08:20 AM

And then you drink a silver flame pot...

I really never found will saves that important. Protection from Evil, Deathward, FoM is available to everyone. You can get danced, that's all.
You can indeed get an awesome will save against enchant on a barb, even no fail.
But I prefer to not care about my saves and chug SF pots whenever I need to and don't care about the negative effects.
I see a lot of people playing barbs that seem to avoid drinking a SF pot at all cost.
I rather regard it as a 5 damage debuff, saves though - whatever, don't care. And it's not like barb DPS is so bad that 5 damage matter that much :D

Glimpse is sub-optimal for goggles slot now anyway. Mentau's is best in slot if you want to have ghostly with a temple armor, IMO. That aside glimpse makes your barb lag like hell, if you ever dare to swap it.

Vanhooger
06-29-2015, 09:14 AM
And then you drink a silver flame pot...

I really never found will saves that important. Protection from Evil, Deathward, FoM is available to everyone. You can get danced, that's all.
You can indeed get an awesome will save against enchant on a barb, even no fail.
But I prefer to not care about my saves and chug SF pots whenever I need to and don't care about the negative effects.
I see a lot of people playing barbs that seem to avoid drinking a SF pot at all cost.
I rather regard it as a 5 damage debuff, saves though - whatever, don't care. And it's not like barb DPS is so bad that 5 damage matter that much :D

Glimpse is sub-optimal for goggles slot now anyway. Mentau's is best in slot if you want to have ghostly with a temple armor, IMO. That aside glimpse makes your barb lag like hell, if you ever dare to swap it.

The fact that we can ignore will save 95% of the time its bad design IMO. They should matter. If mob did had better AI especially on what to cast, we wouldn't zerg as we do.
No spellcaster that cast hold person, dancing ball, disjunction+destruction, prismatic spray, earthquake, flesh to stone, strong dots, energy burst, dominate person, binding chain etc etc in a lvl 30 end game dungeon, it's just boring archer with fortification bypass.
Sorry for derail :(

Lordgrif
07-03-2015, 04:39 AM
I am trying this build out, and I have two untouched raider boxes and no real prospect of getting any raid gear that a single 5 man group can't handle (We all only play once a week). Should I be looking at grabbing dual Mornh, or dual Celestia? Maybe something else I have missed?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Vanhooger
07-03-2015, 05:00 AM
This build is great, but I don't think it will work with best equip pl & tomes. But it all depend if you playing EE. If you're not, do it. Dual mornh is the way to go.

Lordgrif
07-03-2015, 05:03 AM
Thanks, we normally do EE and cope with all non raid stuff ok.

I figured Morhn seemed better for a barb, especially with LD but Celestia looked tempting with ignoring DR.

Vanhooger
07-03-2015, 05:17 AM

I figured Morhn seemed better for a barb, especially with LD but Celestia looked tempting with ignoring DR.

With my alt I did this build but for my playstyle it's not easy to play, cos I miss lot of prr, equip, pl. I like to aggro 10+ mob so sometimes I can't handle them properly :) I don't have displacment clicky too, those will help. As well I rely on silver flame pot when needed. Celestia still one of best dr breaking in game but for this build warhammer is the way to go.

Eth
07-03-2015, 05:22 AM

DR does really not matter much nowadays.
A DR of 35 (Arraetrikos on elite for example) was a big deal when your first number was 50-80.
Nowadays you'll hit in the hundreds (500+ actually with this build fully buffed), so since DR is still a static number the percantage of damage it reduces is now significantly lower.

Celestia is really only relevant on Death Knights in MoD, because their reduction is not DR, but PRR (which is a percentage and not a static number).
Since Celestia does light damage and not physical damage, it is not affected by PRR.

If you run in LD Mornh is a no brainer. Best weapon until you can afford Tier3 TF (since you won't it is the best weapon).
For other destinies Balizarde is better.

Vanhooger
07-03-2015, 05:30 AM
DR does really not matter much nowadays.
A DR of 35 (Arraetrikos on elite for example) was a big deal when your first number was 50-80.
Nowadays you'll hit in the hundreds (500+ actually with this build fully buffed), so since DR is still a static number the percantage of damage it reduces is now significantly lower.

Celestia is really only relevant on Death Knights in MoD, because their reduction is not DR, but PRR (which is a percentage and not a static number).
Since Celestia does light damage and not physical damage, it is not affected by PRR.

If you run in LD Mornh is a no brainer. Best weapon until you can afford Tier3 TF (since you won't it is the best weapon).
For other destinies Balizarde is better.

I did my first mod as a caster last night (warlock) do they have MRR too? My evil,light & fire damage were reduced a lot(yellow number).

Lordgrif
07-03-2015, 05:44 AM
Cool, thanks for all the advice, guys. I don't want to spend the feat for khopesh so it looks like Mornh is a non-brainer.

Eth
07-03-2015, 05:59 AM
I did my first mod as a caster last night (warlock) do they have MRR too? My evil,light & fire damage were reduced a lot(yellow number).

You'll see yellow numbers on all elemental damage types and light damage now, but not on force damage. Yes, smells very much like MRR.
Some people also reported seeing yellow numbers on celestia now, but I have no reliable confirmation on that and did not check myself.
I don't recall them having any resistance against magic when MoD came out though, so it was likely added in a later patch.

As reference here's a recent video from yeela, where you can see yellow numbers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBBN1azJULI

Here's a video from me the day MoD came out where you can see me doing some DPS on a death knight at 3:00, which shows no yellow numbers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wws1QLuPgCk

Vanhooger
07-03-2015, 06:03 AM
You'll see yellow numbers on all elemental damage types and light damage now, but not on force damage. Yes, smells very much like MRR.
Some people also reported seeing yellow numbers on celestia now, but I have no reliable confirmation on that and did not check myself.
I don't recall them having any resistance against magic when MoD came out though, so it was likely added in a later patch.

As reference here's a recent video from yeela, where you can see yellow numbers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBBN1azJULI

Here's a video from me the day MoD came out where you can see me doing some DPS on a death knight at 3:00, which shows no yellow numbers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wws1QLuPgCk

thanks for the info will check force blast next run.

unbongwah
07-03-2015, 12:17 PM
I am trying this build out, and I have two untouched raider boxes and no real prospect of getting any raid gear that a single 5 man group can't handle (We all only play once a week). Should I be looking at grabbing dual Mornh, or dual Celestia? Maybe something else I have missed?
Dual Mornhs is the obvious choice, but I would also consider Mornh+Balizarde. Bally is keen, so you don't need IC:Pierce feat; it provides some decent passive bonuses (Dodge 8%, Good Luck +2, Parrying +4) which can free other gear slots; and IIRC when you use Anvil of Thunder with Mornh in your mainhand, you can still proc AoT with Bally in your offhand.

In LD, your crit profiles are the same for both weapons:

Mornh: 19-20/x3 base -> 18-20/x3 Pulverizer -> 15-20/x3 IC:Blunt -> 13-20/x3 Crit Rage -> 13-18/x3 19-20/x6 (OC+DC+Death Frenzy)
Balizarde: 15-20/x3 base (w/keen) -> 13-20/x3 Crit Rage -> 13-18/x3 19-20/x6 (OC+DC+Death Frenzy)

In other EDs, Balizarde will have the better crit profile, since you won't have Pulverizer.

Phil7
08-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Hide of the Fallen says you have to be in Wild Shape to get the +10 damage. I dont understand why it is listed in your gear.

Rogann
08-30-2015, 11:41 AM
Hide of the Fallen says you have to be in Wild Shape to get the +10 damage. I dont understand why it is listed in your gear.

You're right. Druidic Survival Mastery is the only thing on the cloak. It couldn't possibly be anything else...

Stinging_Bee
09-07-2015, 03:34 AM
Hide of the Fallen Cloak?
20% fortification bypass is the answer

Eth
09-07-2015, 03:49 AM
Hide of the Fallen Cloak?
20% fortification bypass is the answer

How so? You still list dragon's edge on your off-hand weapon.
The cloak covers 11 strength though, which would be missing otherwise.

By the way, with the gear set in the OP listed, why not put in claw set?
Would be strictly better than Iron Mitts + 5 seeker bracers. Unless somehow having 40 vitality instead of 20 is somehow important to you.

Stinging_Bee
09-08-2015, 01:39 AM
How so? You still list dragon's edge on your off-hand weapon.
The cloak covers 11 strength though, which would be missing otherwise.

By the way, with the gear set in the OP listed, why not put in claw set?
Would be strictly better than Iron Mitts + 5 seeker bracers. Unless somehow having 40 vitality instead of 20 is somehow important to you.

Good catch I meant 11 strength, my bad.
The setup posted in op is an easy to get gear list for new players.
Personally I use claw set, boots with 12 str and cloak of the wolf but it's not a gear list I would recommend to someone new to the game because I rely on Fom potion and claw set is a nightmare to farm from scratch imho

Cryptic.Assassin
09-08-2015, 08:54 PM
I must say, I love the RedSonja builds! I think I have tried all of them now and I have not had any regrets during any of them. I am actually leveling a variant of this build right now and it's amazing so far. However, I did decide to go with the THF line over TWF line simply because I cannot stand the hit box of TWF style. Anyway, thanks for posting your builds! Looking forward to RS 4.0! :)

Therrias
09-08-2015, 10:43 PM
Then there are other stuff that can help you do more damage like for example Twists and past lives.

What do you usually twist?

Sense Weakness/Balanced Attacks/Hail of Blows/Tunnel Vision for dps?

Or Sacred Ground for self healing?

Stinging_Bee
09-09-2015, 03:05 AM
What do you usually twist?

Sense Weakness/Balanced Attacks/Hail of Blows/Tunnel Vision for dps?

Or Sacred Ground for self healing?

I like 4SW/3BA/2HoB/1PS
I Don't use sacred ground with this version

Therrias
09-09-2015, 05:15 AM
I like 4SW/3BA/2HoB/1PS
I Don't use sacred ground with this version

I prefer to have all of them.

Have you tried out DC?

Rogann
09-10-2015, 10:51 AM
and claw set is a nightmare to farm from scratch imho

I farmed a set from scratch in about 5-6 hours of play time. Super easy due to power creep.

Shavron
09-26-2015, 12:19 PM
3 questions if i may ask.

1- If i've a 32 points build not 34 or 36 what do you recommend for me to drop in terms of ability points?

2- If say i don't have a +5 dex tome what is the main difference from TWF to THF?...DPS and staying "healing" power i mean.

3- How easy for barbs to solo quests?....i play solo as i don't find groups most of the time....for paladins i've no major problems.

Thanx for a nice guide.

unbongwah
09-27-2015, 11:24 AM
If you're looking for a THF barb, check Zoda's thread (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/453857-Zoda-Pure-Zergbarian).

kendo
02-11-2016, 02:48 AM
anyone have any suggestions for updates for this build in the U29 world? with all the DR and PRR on the new quests, is Celestia looking better as an alternate weapon to hammers, instead of Balizarde especially in off-destinies?

leaning towards scion of astral plane for legendary feat. a little extra dodge, double strike and stun DCs. other option that looked interesting is Arborea for the MP and weapon enhancement

unbongwah
02-11-2016, 08:26 AM
leaning towards scion of astral plane for legendary feat. a little extra dodge, double strike and stun DCs.
Note that SotAP boosts your Dodge & Dodge cap, but not your MDB; that's what's really going to constrain your Dodge bonus, particularly if you're using hvy armor like Shadow Guardian.

other option that looked interesting is Arborea for the MP and weapon enhancement
Also note that Arborea's +2 Enhancement bonus breaks Celestia's light DR, as do all such Enhancement bonuses. :(

kendo
02-12-2016, 07:59 AM
Note that SotAP boosts your Dodge & Dodge cap, but not your MDB; that's what's really going to constrain your Dodge bonus, particularly if you're using hvy armor like Shadow Guardian.

Also note that Arborea's +2 Enhancement bonus breaks Celestia's light DR, as do all such Enhancement bonuses. :(

hello parade, meet rain :)

thank you for the warnings Unbongwah. still using medium armor but have been considering a switch to the heavy shadow plate so will have to weigh the pros and cons of that to the extra dodge, if I have enough MDB in my medium armors

with the newer content, would you recommend trying to use Celestia, assuming one can avoid all the ways it breaks, as a swap weapon for demon heavy content? or better to just rely on the heavy damage of a barb to push on through and take Arborea?

Spellonzo
04-02-2016, 07:50 AM

It is the best dps for single target bosses beatdowns like in most of the raids (Defiler of the Just, Mark of death, Fire Peaks, Deathwyrm).

18 Str + Level up points
12 Dex
18 Con
8 Int
8 Wis
8 Cha

Feats

1 Power Attack
1 (Human bonus) Cleave
6 Weapon Focus Slashing
12 Two Weapon Fighting
15 Completionist (Quick Draw or Stunning Blow or heavy armor as alternatives)
18 Weapon Focus Piercing
27 Overwhelming Critical
28 Elusive Target

http://i.imgur.com/PAsjKlJ.jpg

Update 27 Gear
Shadowscale armor - Speed XV - Profane Doublestrike 3% - Ghostly
Epic Litany of the Dead
Sightless Helm
Deadly Goggles of Accuracy
Pendant of Quiet Movements
Battlerager Harness
Strange Tidings
Encrusted Ring - Healing Amp
Boots of Blessed Travels
Hide of the Fallen Cloak
Bracers of Twisting Shade
Iron Mitts

Weapons
Main Hand: Thunderforged Warhammer: Touch of Flames, Wrath of Flames, Mortal Fear
Off Hand: Thunderforged Warhammer: 1st Degree, Dragon's Edge, Mortal Fear (Draconic Reinvigoration to regenerate boosts)

Is a drop or can it be purchased?

Therrias
04-02-2016, 10:44 PM
Is a drop or can it be purchased?

It is part of the "striker" upgrade along with the 3% doublestrike.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Thunder-Forged#Flawless_version_upgrade

Robbenklopper
04-05-2016, 02:58 AM
Stinging_Bee, can you please post a Redsonja 4.0 U30 build of yours with actual gear and feats?

EvilGremlin
07-06-2016, 12:10 AM
Holy ****! Is this still a viable build? I mean, aside from gear.

unbongwah
07-06-2016, 08:48 AM
Holy ****! Is this still a viable build? I mean, aside from gear.
I don't see why not, although Tempests and Kensei might've stolen its DPS thunder. Also the U28 nerf to crit range bonuses mean khopeshes beat warhammers (again); so if you haven't geared up your toon yet, you may wish to consider switching to khops.

NaturalHazard
08-29-2016, 11:54 PM
I don't see why not, although Tempests and Kensei might've stolen its DPS thunder. Also the U28 nerf to crit range bonuses mean khopeshes beat warhammers (again); so if you haven't geared up your toon yet, you may wish to consider switching to khops.

Been away for a long time, what are these nerfs? Im sorry I tried looking at the wiki all the pages about the update 28 and i can't see any changes to combate, feats, enhancements and epic destinies. Not that I doubt you I just want to understand what was changed.

Eth
08-30-2016, 01:49 AM
Been away for a long time, what are these nerfs? Im sorry I tried looking at the wiki all the pages about the update 28 and i can't see any changes to combate, feats, enhancements and epic destinies. Not that I doubt you I just want to understand what was changed.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Improved_critical

They changed improved critical. Before the change it basically doubled your crit. range after all other modifiers.
Now it only adds specific ranges depending on your weapon type (some unique weapons have special ranges here).

The main point is that with the change IC doesn't work on crit. range increases from enhancements, spells, destinies anymore (holy sword, keen edge, swashbuckling, celestial champion, etc.).

NaturalHazard
08-30-2016, 02:07 AM
http://ddowiki.com/page/Improved_critical

They changed improved critical. Before the change it basically doubled your crit. range after all other modifiers.
Now it only adds specific ranges depending on your weapon type (some unique weapons have special ranges here).

The main point is that with the change IC doesn't work on crit. range increases from enhancements, spells, destinies anymore (holy sword, keen edge, swashbuckling, celestial champion, etc.).

Thank you. But I can understand why they did it with all the various things added it must of gotten a bit silly for a while. Some weapons were changed like the SOS and ESOS but I noticed no change to the citw weapons with threat range increases.......... thanks I get it know, for example with pulverizer only and improved crit warhammers would be 17-20 the same as khopeshes now though they would be 18-20? while pesh with just the improved crit feat would still be 17-20. So for example the citw warhammer would be 17-20 but need epic destiny points extra to make it on par with a khopesh just on those grounds of threat range and multi.

Eth
08-30-2016, 02:37 AM
Thank you. But I can understand why they did it with all the various things added it must of gotten a bit silly for a while. Some weapons were changed like the SOS and ESOS but I noticed no change to the citw weapons with threat range increases.......... thanks I get it know, for example with pulverizer only and improved crit warhammers would be 17-20 the same as khopeshes now though they would be 18-20? while pesh with just the improved crit feat would still be 17-20. So for example the citw warhammer would be 17-20 but need epic destiny points extra to make it on par with a khopesh just on those grounds of threat range and multi.

Yes, pretty much.
Weapons with unique crit. ranges have the same crit. range now that they had before the update, in case you take the appropriate IC on your build.
ESOS is still 15-20 with IC Slash, Mornh is still 17-20 with IC Bludg. It's only different if you don't take IC (but who doesn't take IC anyway on a physical damage build).

That makes Mornh still a good weapon.
But all the crafted (TF, LGS, etc.) warhammers fall behind khopeshes, because they have a puny crit. range of 19-20 with IC, compared to the khopeshes 17-20. Pulverizer is obviously not enough to catch up since it now only adds 1 range.

What's funny about the change is that it put ESOS back on top of the foodchain for many THF builds. That bloody thing just won't go away.

NaturalHazard
08-30-2016, 02:45 AM
Yes, pretty much.
Weapons with unique crit. ranges have the same crit. range now that they had before the update, in case you take the appropriate IC on your build.
ESOS is still 15-20 with IC Slash, Mornh is still 17-20 with IC Bludg. It's only different if you don't take IC (but who doesn't take IC anyway on a physical damage build).

That makes Mornh still a good weapon.
But all the crafted (TF, LGS, etc.) warhammers fall behind khopeshes, because they have a puny crit. range of 19-20 with IC, compared to the khopeshes 17-20. Pulverizer is obviously not enough to catch up since it now only adds 1 range.

What's funny about the change is that it put ESOS back on top of the foodchain for many THF builds. That bloody thing just won't go away.

Lol the amount of Vons I did with barely seeing that shard..................... its kind of sad it would be nice for warhammers to be at least equal to peshes with a tier 5 ability from a destiny. Kind of cool though on Esos lol one weapon level 20 to 30................ . Yeah mornh is ok, but once I get thunderforged and other higher level stuff a switch to khopesh will be much higher dps overall as well as the other benefits you can put on the weapons.

I guess everyone would take an improved crit feat, but in this case it might be ok to use a weapon you do not have the feat for.
I guess for non fighter builds/splashes with the greater focus feats and things like that, using a keen weapon with improved threat ranges for a few levels where you do not have anything better till later might make sense? I dunno like blizzaard for a khopesh user 23 to 26? I think its better than my epic chaos blade, and alchemical khopesh, and I can use it with the planar conflux....

maybe change pulverizer to a 2 instead of one?

Eth
08-30-2016, 02:52 AM
Lol the amount of Vons I did with barely seeing that shard..................... its kind of sad it would be nice for warhammers to be at least equal to peshes with a tier 5 ability from a destiny. Kind of cool though on Esos lol one weapon level 20 to 30................ . Yeah mornh is ok, but once I get thunderforged and other higher level stuff a switch to khopesh will be much higher dps overall as well as the other benefits you can put on the weapons.

LGS is also pretty good, even fully upgraded it's only ML26. I'd recommend crafting a triple positive khopesh (great base DPS and the affirmation proc is really nice) and a vacuum weapon (adds the most DPS, because everything gets 20 vulnerability in no time).
At cap I still use a TF offhand most of the time for the 35% fort bypass and draconic reinvigoration for stuff like shroud part 1.

Balizarde is best for most TWF at 23, yes. I used it too on my khopesh build while leveling. Keep it in your inventory for shroud too. The rakshasa in part 5 has DR pierce/good.
You can also keep your Chaosblade since the book has anarchic/good DR. :D (although Epic Bleeding Edge slotted with chaos is much better).

NaturalHazard
08-30-2016, 04:15 AM
so much has changed I took a double take at the multiple weapon focus feats, but im guessing that its for the melee power? which all stacks?

lol no way im throwing out my epic chaos blade............even if its just going to take up space as a trophy......... still if its a pesh build not much better at level 20 esp if im still doing amarath quests, funny I have drow warhamers even one with stunning on it, but not one khopesh. Had a few nice heroic blunt weapons too, shimmering devastation and the hound great club too, just to look different while running throw heroics.

unbongwah
08-30-2016, 09:10 AM
Been away for a long time, what are these nerfs?
For Redsonja, pre-U28:

warhammers: 20/x3 base -> 19-20/x3 Pulverizer -> 17-20/x3 IC:Blunt (doubles range) -> 15-20/x3 Crit Rage
khopesh: 19-20/x3 base -> 17-20/x3 IC:Slash -> 15-20/x3 Crit Rage

So same crit profile, but you save a feat and hammers can use Anvil of Thunder, which procs a free stun on crits.

Post-U28:

warhammers: 20/x3 base -> 19-20/x3 Pulverizer -> 18-20/x3 IC:Blunt (+1 range) -> 16-20/x3 Crit Rage
khopesh: 19-20/x3 base -> 17-20/x3 IC:Slash -> 15-20/x3 Crit Rage

So hammers lost 5% crit chance, putting them behind khopeshes (again). And, well, this is the DDO forums: if you ain't minmaxing, you ain't doin' it right... :rolleyes:

unbongwah
09-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Someone asked me for a current version of Redsonja using TF khopeshes, so here ya go. :)

RedSonja (U32)
Barbarian 20
True Neutral Human

Stats
34pt 36pt Tome Level Up
---- ---- ---- --------
Strength 18 18 +4 4: STR
Dexterity 13 13 +4 8: STR
Constitution 17 17 +4 12: STR
Intelligence 8 10 +4 16: STR
Wisdom 8 8 +4 20: STR
Charisma 8 8 +4 24: STR
28: STR

Skills
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
------------------------------------------------------------
Heal 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 11
Spellcr 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 11
Search 1 ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ 1 1 ½ 1½ ½ 1½ ½ 1 11
Spot 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 11
Balance 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 11
UMD 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 11
Jump 1 1
Tumble 1 1
20 5 5 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 7 7 7 7 7 7

Feats

1 : Power Attack
1 Human : Cleave
3 : Exotic Weapon: Khopesh
6 : Great Cleave
9 : Improved Critical: Slashing
12 : Two Weapon Fighting
15 : Improved Two Weapon Fighting
18 : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
21 Epic : Overwhelming Critical
24 Epic : Stunning Blow
26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
27 Epic : Blinding Speed
28 Destiny: First Blood OR Elusive Target OR Epic Spell Power: Acid
29 Destiny: Dire Charge
30 Epic : Epic Damage Reduction OR Completionist OR Armor Proficiency: Heavy
30 Legend : Scion of: Plane of Earth

Enhancements (80 AP)

Frenzied Berserker (41 AP)

Die Hard, Frenzied Toughness, Frenzy, Frenzied Toughness II, Death Frenzy, Storm's Eye

Extra Rage III, Cracking Attack III, Power Rage III, Athletics III
Blood Tribute III, Extra Action Boost III, Sprint Boost I
Blood Trail III, Supreme Cleave III, Constitution
Wade In III, Constitution

Ravager (38 AP)

Furious Rage, Pain Touch, Demoralizing Success, Pain Touch II

Barbarian Power Attack III, Hardy Rage III
Cruel Cut III, Melee Power Boost III
Slaughter II, Festering Wound III, Strength
Laughter, Dismember III, Strength
Blood Strength, Uncanny Balance, Critical Rage II

Human (1 AP)

Damage Boost

Destiny (24 AP)

Legendary Dreadnought

Legendary Tactics III, Extra Action Boost III
Momentum Swing III, Imp. Power Attack
Lay Waste, Critical Damage I, Haste Boost III
Volcano's Edge
Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
Master's Blitz

Twists of Fate (35 fate points)

Sense Weakness (Tier 4 Fury)
Sacred Ground (Tier 3 Crusader)
Consecration (Tier 2 Crusader)
Unearthly Reactions (Tier 1 Magister)
Brace for Impact (Tier 1 Sentinel)

TBH I didn't put too much thought into Enhancements, because the important ones are Storm's Eye+Blood Strength+Crit Rage+human Dmg Boost; the rest is just filler to get those. :cool: Also not bothering to list Enhancement order for heroic leveling, as this is an epic-focused build. You're a barb, you run around hitting things a lot; there's not much guidance I can provide there! ;) For a non-human version, you need to drop a feat; I would also shift that 1 AP from racial to lvl 18 Ravager core for extra heal amp (41 FB / 39 Ravager).

Skills: Heal boosts Positive Spellpower (Sacred Ground); Spellcraft boosts Acid Spellpower (SoPoEarth). I always max UMD if I can; force of habit more than anything else. Do what you want with remaining skill pts.

EDIT: if you want a build which sticks with the original stats (i.e., max STR & CON to start) and have at least a +5 DEX tome, then use this feat progression instead:

Stats
36pt Tome Level Up
---- ---- --------
Strength 18 +5 4: STR
Dexterity 12 +5 8: STR
Constitution 18 +5 12: STR
Intelligence 8 +5 16: STR
Wisdom 8 +5 20: STR
Charisma 8 +5 24: STR

Feats

15 : Stunning Blow
18 : Armor Proficiency: Heavy OR Completionist OR Weapon Focus: Slashing
21 Epic : Improved Two Weapon Fighting
24 Epic : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
27 Epic : Overwhelming Critical
29 Destiny: Dire Charge OR Deific Warding
30 Epic : Blinding Speed OR Epic Damage Reduction
30 Legend : Scion of: Arborea OR Plane of Earth

Selvera
09-30-2016, 10:36 AM
Can vouch for this build.

My main is a halfling that likes to run around and melee things, preferably Dex-based builds in light armour, so I was sort of dreading having to do a barbarian life. It just felt really out of character and generic. Besides, what type of halfling uses a greataxe? But the desire for that 10 HP past life set me to making a barbarian that I could stand to play, and I figured the -2 strength doesn't matter that much, so I started thinking about the viability of a twf barb. Certainly using twf would give me 100% + 50% str to damage, which is equal to 150% that a thf build gets, I only get a 80% offhand proc chance, which makes it slightly worse then thf for str-to-damage. Same calculation goes for power attack, twf gets 7 + (80% of) 7, while thf gets 14. So I lose out on just a little bit of dps, but I get to be a halfling (like I want) and use the light-weapons I had farmed from previous rogue/bard lives (rapiers and daggers). I could live with that. So... I started looking around for advice for making a useful barbarian strong enough to offset my flavor preferences and found this thread.

Oh, Storm's Eye is insanely good with twf
Oh, barbs get a lot of good on hit effects which are better for twf then thf (greater vicious, pain touch, fury, cruel cut, STORM'S EYE)

Turns out this character is the strongest I've made so far (although this HAS happened every life I've done yet; each life with more past lives and better gear). And I'm enjoying it, even if I have to be a little burly halfling in medium/heavy armour, I still get to be the little ball of dual-wielding death I like to be, and wearing a cosmetic armour set helps with the heavy armour look when I'm not feeling like wearing the big metal plates.

cmecu
02-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Someone asked me for a current version of Redsonja using TF khopeshes, so here ya go. :)

RedSonja (U32)
Barbarian 20
True Neutral Human

Stats
34pt 36pt Tome Level Up
---- ---- ---- --------

Skills
Jump 1 1
Tumble 1 1

Feats

Enhancements (80 AP)

Die Hard, Frenzied Toughness, Frenzy, Frenzied Toughness II, Death Frenzy, Storm's Eye

Ravager (38 AP)

Human (1 AP)

Damage Boost

Destiny (24 AP)

Legendary Dreadnought

Volcano's Edge
Master's Blitz

TBH I didn't put too much thought into Enhancements, because the important ones are Storm's Eye+Blood Strength+Crit Rage+human Dmg Boost; the rest is just filler to get those. :cool: Also not bothering to list Enhancement order for heroic leveling, as this is an epic-focused build. You're a barb, you run around hitting things a lot; there's not much guidance I can provide there! ;) For a non-human version, you need to drop a feat; I would also shift that 1 AP from racial to lvl 18 Ravager core for extra heal amp (41 FB / 39 Ravager).

Skills: Heal boosts Positive Spellpower (Sacred Ground); Spellcraft boosts Acid Spellpower (SoPoEarth). I always max UMD if I can; force of habit more than anything else. Do what you want with remaining skill pts.

EDIT: if you want a build which sticks with the original stats (i.e., max STR & CON to start) and have at least a +5 DEX tome, then use this feat progression instead:

Stats
36pt Tome Level Up
---- ---- --------

Feats

Im about to TR to a barb, and was looking this spec over. Is this what you would still run with today, or make any changes from when you posted this.

adrian69
02-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Im about to TR to a barb, and was looking this spec over. Is this what you would still run with today, or make any changes from when you posted this.

Yeah, he would stay with it if played it. You'll need to decide what is more important to your own playstyle for 28-30 feats. Otherwise, pure barbarian has little flexibility unless you are going for something silly.

tweeder22
03-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Anyone playing this build, or similar, on reaper?
What would be better: melee power from arborea for self heal or Scion of the Plane of Earth for extra PRR?
With human boost sharing cooldown, any other race could be better? (no AP on race tree)

adrian69
03-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Anyone playing this build, or similar, on reaper?
What would be better: melee power from arborea for self heal or Scion of the Plane of Earth for extra PRR?
With human boost sharing cooldown, any other race could be better? (no AP on race tree)

Go with SoA. You're still getting heal on kill and barbarian will only be there in reaper for what DPS it can sustain against bosses probably. Soloing 1-3 skull should be a decent challenge, but 1-2 skulls should be doable through heroics by playing smart. Earth may be better if you will be playing outside of reaper mainly since your healing isn't debuffed to nada. On Reaper 4-10, PRR isn't going make a lot of difference when you are being hit for more that your HP pool, so the goal is getting it to where you can survive 1 hit and a tick from a dot before you get healed.

Losing double boosting probably hit rogues, barbarians, and paladins the worst, rangers also, though they in better shape, but tempest could use 5-10 more melee power. All these classes need a minimum of 10-15 more Melee Power available in tress, especially barbs (15) and paladins (10), and why the variance is a different argument. However...

Back to topic...Stay human if you plan on going with khops, otherwise, going with scims, rapiers, hammers, picks, or Daxes (dwarf) are options. Some of them may not feel like they bare fruit until level 12 with crit range or you get in LD or DC. Scims and rapiers wouldn't deal big crits, but you can end up criting on 12-20 while raging. war hammers are like a poor mans khops, but there aren't many great ones laying around and you'll probably end up having craft a few good ones. Same with picks, though your aiming for just big hits with those. Depending on the length of the fight and luck of the roll, they all end up pretty comparable within seconds of each other.

I was going through a druidx on my main just for fun, but I don't mind play testing the class through and letting everyone know how it does if it saves everyone time. Takes me around a week, give or take. But if someone responds in the next few hours I'll +5 into barb. It doesn't matter to me. I just live to play and compare classes these days.

Edit: I decided to play through on a human pure TWF barbarian 1-20+. Will revisit and post how it goes early, mid, and later heroics in Reaper.

LetoII
03-23-2017, 11:12 AM
Go with SoA. You're still getting heal on kill and barbarian will only be there in reaper for what DPS it can sustain against bosses probably. Soloing 1-3 skull should be a decent challenge, but 1-2 skulls should be doable through heroics by playing smart. Earth may be better if you will be playing outside of reaper mainly since your healing isn't debuffed to nada. On Reaper 4-10, PRR isn't going make a lot of difference when you are being hit for more that your HP pool, so the goal is getting it to where you can survive 1 hit and a tick from a dot before you get healed.

Losing double boosting probably hit rogues, barbarians, and paladins the worst, rangers also, though they in better shape, but tempest could use 5-10 more melee power. All these classes need a minimum of 10-15 more Melee Power available in tress, especially barbs (15) and paladins (10), and why the variance is a different argument. However...

Back to topic...Stay human if you plan on going with khops, otherwise, going with scims, rapiers, hammers, picks, or Daxes (dwarf) are options. Some of them may not feel like they bare fruit until level 12 with crit range or you get in LD or DC. Scims and rapiers wouldn't deal big crits, but you can end up criting on 12-20 while raging. war hammers are like a poor mans khops, but there aren't many great ones laying around and you'll probably end up having craft a few good ones. Same with picks, though your aiming for just big hits with those. Depending on the length of the fight and luck of the roll, they all end up pretty comparable within seconds of each other.
I was going through a druidx on my main just for fun, but I don't mind play testing the class through and letting everyone know how it does if it saves everyone time. Takes me around a week, give or take. But if someone responds in the next few hours I'll +5 into barb. It doesn't matter to me. I just live to play and compare classes these days.

Edit: I decided to play through on a human pure TWF barbarian 1-20+. Will revisit and post how it goes early, mid, and later heroics in Reaper.

Great Info! Thanks

adrian69
03-25-2017, 01:54 AM
Hit 20 yesterday. a day behind schedule.

I LTRd into this build at level 5. I was originally doing a wolf build. I held 5 until I finished harbors. My main is a triple everything except racial, of course, and I lack an arcane ETR or 3, just so make you aware.

I ran 2-4 skulls 2 levels over, mainly, because I didn't understand Reaper needed to be ran at normal level for full xp. However, what I have found out is that 2 levels over on 3 and 4 skulls is pretty close to full xp, say if you are level 2 running a level 2 1-2 skull quest. It's not far behind. I had a list of the ones I succeeded at 3 and 4 skulls, but I am need to locate it my 1,000s of untitled google docs. I took images of some I felt where my finer accomplishments, and did a video of Proof is in the Poison. I was going to post it, but I need to redo the sound because my kid decided make to much noise and I had some hireling issues at the beginning that is a waste of viewer time. My editing skills are a work in progress. Needless,

I also took THF and Great Cleave at 3 and 6 and switched them out at 9 for khops and twf. You'll be THF until you take ITWF at least anyway.

4-10: With a hire, generally, everything was pretty easy took slow. If you can craft, make a level 4 flametouched {preference} of unnatural bane (or preferably Ghost Touch/Incorp Bypass if you can) Falchion. This will last you to mid levels and do decent with a barbarians bane damage from core 2 ravager and Frenzy. Keep Guild Cure Serious Wound Potsx100x2 at a minimum and haste pots. I found these levels pretty easy and had only a handful of quests that gave me trouble. The 3rd one in Depth chain, Delera's 3 (had 5-6 reaper spawn at once and survived by the skin of teeth...nuts it was), I couldn't Solo ToEE and went with full party, I didn't bother with Slavers. After level 9, you start noticing the difficulty spiking and I ran R1-2 all the way to I got geared out at 14 and went back to running R2-3, and made it through Threnal Library pt 1 on skull 4, not that is hard. Between 9-12, Carnage and Plague Reapers are your bane and they will kill you quick. Oh and Ear Smash and it's T2 effect is your friend. GET IT ASAP

12-18: Though it wasn't a walk in the park, Blood Str and barbarian on hit affects make it barable through most content. This is your prime and I did run a lot of things at level for fuller Rxp. Vorpal weapons are also nice in these levels and dropped more things than I expected them too. Oh and Ear Smash is your friend.

19-20: You can tell a big difference here between 1, 2 and 3 skulls meleeing. 2 is doable until multiple reaper spawn and IK your hire and you can't get them down quick enough. This is were a real healer becomes needed if you want to complete these. Got to give up Ear Smash if you want Blood Frenzy. 31 AP FB and 37 Ravager at 18.

Overall, really, really fun. So fun I may play all the way through epics. Barbarians are not in as bad of shape as I thought they were compared to paladins and my DPS is pretty good 18. I was downing 3200 avg mobs in r2 in probably 3-6 seconds depending on role. I am thinking I may go to 30 and figure out what is the best gear set up >35<.

Conclusion is barbarian is a more effective class for heroic reaper than paladin, which I did last week. It's fun.

18/14/16/9/8/9 (I think).

PA/Cleave/TWF/Khops/IC: Slash/ITWF/GTWF/Gcleave Epics: OC/Completionist/PTWF/Weapon Focus/Elusive Target/Dire Charge or Harbinger of Madness/Weapon Focus SoAboreah or SoEarth

Sitka_Kitty
05-27-2017, 02:05 PM
RedSonja (U32)
Barbarian 20
True Neutral Human

Stats
34pt 36pt Tome Level Up
---- ---- ---- --------

Skills
Jump 1 1
Tumble 1 1

Feats

Enhancements (80 AP)

Ravager (38 AP)

Human (1 AP)

Damage Boost

Destiny (24 AP)

Legendary Dreadnought

Volcano's Edge
Master's Blitz

Can this be done with Half-Orc race instead? Or is it a must to be Human to fulfill this build?

Thank you

unbongwah
05-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Can this be done with Half-Orc race instead? Or is it a must to be Human to fulfill this build?
Switching to HO costs you a feat slot which delays your progression; you end up backloading either khopesh prof or Great Cleave to epic levels, I think. Also since there aren't any APs to spare, you can't afford HO bonuses so the only racial perk is +2 base STR. Otherwise it should be fine.

Sitka_Kitty
06-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Switching to HO costs you a feat slot which delays your progression; you end up backloading either khopesh prof or Great Cleave to epic levels, I think. Also since there aren't any APs to spare, you can't afford HO bonuses so the only racial perk is +2 base STR. Otherwise it should be fine.

Awesome! Thank you, trying to get my son started, he wants to play as a THF, HO Barb.

unbongwah
06-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Thank you, trying to get my son started, he wants to play as a THF, HO Barb.
For THF, use Zoda's build (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/453857-Zoda-Pure-Zergbarian) instead. It's built around mauls, but slashing weapons (greataxes etc.) work fine too; just switch Improved Crit Blunt for Slash. 2H weapons play better with HO bonuses and you don't have to worry about DEX, so it's easier on a first-life than TWF barb.

Feat progression for non-human is simple: Power Atk (1), Cleave (3), Gt Cleave (6), Improved Crit (9), THF/ITHF/GTHF (12/15/18), Overwhelming Crit (21), Stunning Blow (24). [If you want SB sooner, swap it into one of the THF feats and rearrange the rest accordingly.] Obviously you won't have access to Completionist on a first-life build, so that can be dropped. Heavy armor prof was originally just to use Shadow Guardian armor, IIRC; if you don't have that, you're better off sticking with med armor (if you still feel a little too squishy, you can take epic DR feat instead).

Enhancements vary, but while leveling my suggestion is to focus on Berserker first to grab Supreme Cleave + Frenzy ASAP; then focus on Ravager so you can grab Blood Strength + Crit Rage when you hit lvl 12. Spend your remaining APs as you see fit until 20, which is when you want to grab Storm's Eye capstone from FB.

Sitka_Kitty
06-02-2017, 09:32 PM
For THF, use Zoda's build (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/453857-Zoda-Pure-Zergbarian) instead. It's built around mauls, but slashing weapons (greataxes etc.) work fine too; just switch Improved Crit Blunt for Slash. 2H weapons play better with HO bonuses and you don't have to worry about DEX, so it's easier on a first-life than TWF barb.

Feat progression for non-human is simple: Power Atk (1), Cleave (3), Gt Cleave (6), Improved Crit (9), THF/ITHF/GTHF (12/15/18), Overwhelming Crit (21), Stunning Blow (24). [If you want SB sooner, swap it into one of the THF feats and rearrange the rest accordingly.] Obviously you won't have access to Completionist on a first-life build, so that can be dropped. Heavy armor prof was originally just to use Shadow Guardian armor, IIRC; if you don't have that, you're better off sticking with med armor (if you still feel a little too squishy, you can take epic DR feat instead).

Enhancements vary, but while leveling my suggestion is to focus on Berserker first to grab Supreme Cleave + Frenzy ASAP; then focus on Ravager so you can grab Blood Strength + Crit Rage when you hit lvl 12. Spend your remaining APs as you see fit until 20, which is when you want to grab Storm's Eye capstone from FB.

I appreciate all the information! Thank you.

Jasparion
02-19-2018, 06:36 AM

RedSonja (U32)
Barbarian 20
True Neutral Human

Stats
34pt 36pt Tome Level Up
---- ---- ---- --------

Skills
Jump 1 1
Tumble 1 1

Feats

Enhancements (80 AP)

Ravager (38 AP)

Human (1 AP)

Damage Boost

Destiny (24 AP)

Legendary Dreadnought

Volcano's Edge
Master's Blitz

Stats
36pt Tome Level Up
---- ---- --------

Feats

Bit of a necro here.

If you were going for regular weapons and didnt need to spend a feat on Khopesh, what would you take instead? Completionist? A Weapon focus?

unbongwah
02-19-2018, 03:39 PM
If you were going for regular weapons and didnt need to spend a feat on Khopesh, what would you take instead? Completionist? A Weapon focus?
Sure, I guess, but what weapon would you use instead of khopeshes?

huey9187
02-19-2018, 07:29 PM
whats the best gear setup now with all the new stuff?

Jasparion
02-19-2018, 10:50 PM
Sure, I guess, but what weapon would you use instead of khopeshes?

I was thinking the new Handaxes - Morninglord (I have one with Mythic and Reaper) and the Sinister one for off hand.

Im deciding whether to go a TWF Barbarian or maybe a centered Monk/Fighter.

adrian69
03-06-2018, 05:18 PM
I was thinking the new Handaxes - Morninglord (I have one with Mythic and Reaper) and the Sinister one for off hand.

Im deciding whether to go a TWF Barbarian or maybe a centered Monk/Fighter.

Unless you're Swashing Kensei or Swashbucklering, Hand Axes are full of awes (awful) compared to khopeshes' profile. Centered Kensei>Barbarian for epics. Heroics don't matter.

unbongwah
03-17-2018, 04:11 PM
Quick update by request:

RedSonja (U37)
Barbarian 20
True Neutral Human

Stats
36pt Tome Level Up
---- ---- --------

Skills
Intim 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 23
Swim 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 12
Spot 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 11
Tumble 1 1
16 5 5 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6

Feats

3 : Two Weapon Fighting
12 : Exotic Weapon: Khopesh
27 Epic : Epic Damage Reduction OR Armor Proficiency: Heavy
28 Destiny: First Blood OR Elusive Target
30 Epic : Completionist OR Epic Fortitude
30 Legend : Scion of: Arborea

Enhancements (80+1 AP)

Blood Tribute III, Extra Action Boost III, Sprint Boost III
Wade In III

Ravager (39 AP)

Furious Rage, Pain Touch, Demoralizing Success, Pain Touch II, Subsiding Fury

Do You Like Pain? III, Barbarian Power Attack III, Hardy Rage III
I Like Pain III, Cruel Cut III, Melee Power Boost III
Festering Wound III, Strength
Dismember III

Human (1 AP)

Damage Boost

Leveling Guide

Hum0 Damage Boost; FB0 Die Hard; FB1 Power Rage I; FB1 Extra Rage I
FB1 Extra Rage II; FB2 Blood Tribute I, II, III
FB0 Frenzied Toughness; FB2 Sprint Boost I; FB3 Supreme Cleave I, II
FB3 Supreme Cleave III; Rav0 Furious Rage; Rav1 Barbarian Power Attack I, II
Rav1 Barbarian Power Attack III; Rav1 Do You Like Pain? I; Rav0 Pain Touch; Rav2 Melee Power Boost I
FB0 Frenzy; Rav2 Melee Power Boost II, III; Rav2 I Like Pain I
Rav0 Demoralizing Success; Rav1 Hardy Rage I, II, III
Rav1 Do You Like Pain? II; Rav2 I Like Pain II; Rav1 Do You Like Pain? III; Rav2 I Like Pain III
Rav3 Strength; Rav2 Cruel Cut I, II
Rav2 Cruel Cut III; Rav3 Festering Wound I, II, III
Rav4 Dismember I, II, III; (Bank 1 AP)
Rav0 Pain Touch II; Rav5 Blood Strength; Rav5 Critical Rage I
Rav5 Critical Rage II; Rav5 Uncanny Balance
FB3 Blood Trail I, II, III; FB1 Extra Rage III
FB2 Extra Action Boost I, II, III; FB0 Frenzied Toughness II
FB4 Wade In I, II, III; FB2 Sprint Boost II
FB1 Power Rage II, III
Rav0 Subsiding Fury; FB0 Death Frenzy; FB3 Constitution
FB2 Sprint Boost III; FB1 Cracking Attack I, II, III
FB1 Athletics I, II, III; FB0 Storm's Eye

Destiny (24 AP)

Legendary Dreadnought

Legendary Tactics III, Extra Action Boost III, Strength
Lay Waste, Haste Boost III
(none)
Master's Blitz

Twists of Fate (36 fate points)

Balanced Attacks (Tier 3 Primal)
Grim Precision (Tier 3 Shadowdancer)

With the forthcoming buff to Shadowdancer - cores are being boosted from 24 Melee Power to 60 MP - I thought it might be a fun alternative for TWF barbs: Evasion, Shadow Form (25% Incorporealty), and +6d6 sneak attacks (which favor TWF and have 150% Melee Power scaling). In which case, I would build for Scion of the Ethereal Plane and max out Hide for the extra sneak atks at lvl 30. Have to mull that one over...

Mairsil
08-27-2018, 10:56 AM
What weapons are we supposed to use before 12 if that's when we pick up Khopesh proficiency?

unbongwah
08-27-2018, 11:24 AM
What weapons are we supposed to use before 12 if that's when we pick up Khopesh proficiency?
Either 2H weapons or regular 1H weapons like scimitars / rapiers.

Note that with the recent changes to the barb trees - namely the buffs to the crit bonuses in the FB and OS trees - it may be worth respeccing into a different AP spread, depending on which weapons you like to use. OS is now a good alternative to Crit Rage for khopeshes (16-18/x4 19-20/x5), while Focused Wrath is a good choice for scimitars / rapiers (15-20/x4 crit threat range).

Mairsil
08-27-2018, 11:31 AM
Thank you so much! :)

troublegurl
08-31-2018, 08:49 AM
How would the stats be as a 32 point build no tomes and what would be the best weapon?
Thank you in advance.

unbongwah
08-31-2018, 10:40 PM
How would the stats be as a 32 point build no tomes and what would be the best weapon?
Only stat pre-req is DEX for TWF feats. How you get there is up to you; e.g. start STR 18 DEX 16 CON 14 put 1st level-up into DEX rest into STR.

Alternatively, do a SWF version for a first-lifer and HTR into a 34-pt TWF version once you have a +2 DEX tome.

troublegurl
08-31-2018, 10:46 PM
Only stat pre-req is DEX for TWF feats. How you get there is up to you; e.g. start STR 18 DEX 16 CON 14 put 1st level-up into DEX rest into STR.

Alternatively, do a SWF version for a first-lifer and HTR into a 34-pt TWF version once you have a +2 DEX tome.

Thank you

Morrissey87
10-23-2018, 02:07 PM

I really like your build I'm trying it now with a first life and I put 18 STR 15 DEX and CON and will use the favor +2 to dex tome, it can be an option.
I also postponed great cleave in favor of khopesh proficiency but I don't think it's necessary, could have started with swords until there.

Also do you think Half-Orc could be viable? one less feat but with Racial points if you have them could be interesting.