PDA

View Full Version : PAX East 2015

Steiner-Davion
02-23-2015, 05:35 PM
PAXEAST is right around the corner, March 6-8. Anyone going to PAX East this year?

Anyword on any DDO Get togethers, official, or unofficial or otherwise?

Vargouille
02-23-2015, 06:24 PM
I'll certainly be around hither and yon. I'll be extra-volunteering my time as an Enforcer, as well.

cdbd3rd
02-23-2015, 06:37 PM
... I'll be extra-volunteering my time as an Enforcer, as well.

Lol!

Bully. :p

Qhualor
02-23-2015, 07:05 PM
im tempted to call in to work sick and go. I just found out about this yesterday.

Praya20
02-24-2015, 07:12 AM
Always want to go, but living in Ireland kinda takes to oppertunities away :(

Maybe next year.....

Marten
02-24-2015, 09:15 AM
I'll certainly be around hither and yon. I'll be extra-volunteering my time as an Enforcer, as well.

As what? A yeti? :p

I'll add it to my bucket list, but I am in the opposite boat that Praya20 is in. Visiting Ireland, home of my ancestors, is at the top for me. :)

It being on the east coast is nice for me, but I was in the "snooze, you lose" group.
http://weunite.dk/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/yousnoozeyoulose-weunite.png
"REGISTRATION
PAX East 2015 Registration has sold out. Sorry, but there will be no additional tickets available on site or in advance."

Gimpy007
02-24-2015, 09:47 AM
PAXEAST is right around the corner, March 6-8. Anyone going to PAX East this year?

Anyword on any DDO Get togethers, official, or unofficial or otherwise?

I'll be there.. If there is a gathering of some kind please post here!

Cordovan
02-24-2015, 12:09 PM
Turbine will have a presence at PAX East, although DDO itself will not be displayed in the exhibit hall. Per usual, I will load up on as much swag as I can carry and meet up with any DDO players interested who are attending PAX East. Turbine isn't having an organized player event like we have in some past years, but at the very least I plan to have a casual and informal get-together somewhere near-ish to the convention center for anyone interested in talking DDO with members of the team as they can make it on their own time and dime. I have not yet scheduled it, but would assume the likely times would be Friday evening, Saturday evening, or perhaps Saturday lunch-afternoon.

Gimpy007
02-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Turbine will have a presence at PAX East, although DDO itself will not be displayed in the exhibit hall. Per usual, I will load up on as much swag as I can carry and meet up with any DDO players interested who are attending PAX East. Turbine isn't having an organized player event like we have in some past years, but at the very least I plan to have a casual and informal get-together somewhere near-ish to the convention center for anyone interested in talking DDO with members of the team as they can make it on their own time and dime. I have not yet scheduled it, but would assume the likely times would be Friday evening, Saturday evening, or perhaps Saturday lunch-afternoon.

Saturday please! I've gotta work friday and I have a LONG drive back home sunday.

Perdy plz!

dunklezhan
02-24-2015, 02:02 PM

That's awesome of you folks. No budget, no support, and having a go anyway. I'd come to PAX just for that, if I wasn't several thousand miles and an ocean away. And without a passport. Or enough funds. Or if I didn't have a family that would think I'd gone completely mental. But its still cool that you're willing to have an informal booze- uh, 'get together' with players.

ToastyFred
02-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Turbine will have a presence at PAX East, although DDO itself will not be displayed in the exhibit hall.
May I ask why not? I would think you'd want to expose as many new people to the game as possible.

Just curious.

Kawai
02-24-2015, 04:05 PM
not having DDO sign or anything?

:|
like a slap @face.

srsly.

sickening.

cdbd3rd
02-24-2015, 04:33 PM
May I ask why not? ....

not having DDO sign or anything?

If it's the same reasoning as the Gen Con absence, it's a budget decision from the Powers Above. :(

Just be happy the ground troops are still on our side.

ToastyFred
02-24-2015, 04:40 PM
If it's the same reasoning as the Gen Con absence, it's a budget decision from the Powers Above. :(

Sorry, but slapping a sign up from a few PAXes ago doesn't really dent anyone's budget. There's something else going on here I'd wager.

Kawai
02-24-2015, 08:01 PM
Sorry, but slapping a sign up from a few PAXes ago doesn't really dent anyone's budget. There's something else going on here I'd wager.

srsly, has ta b. :(

sure, i hav 0/clue about how those things work.

but i mean... a simple sign? a logo or sumpin on a T-Shirt?
...wasn't there like, originally, hard copy boxes of DDO?
-none of those to have on hand @booth-thingy?

cyr1ana
02-25-2015, 09:14 AM

Yes. It's because DDO has sadly reached it's EOLC. End of Life Cycle. :-( Turbine just want to fade it slowly out. Sad but true. Or maybe Warner want's turbine to want to fade it slowly out. They have to focus on the really stupid and total boring Infinite Crisis which was already doomed before it has launched. It's just an other superhero game and no one needs it.

sorry cordovan it's just my opinion.

Perceval
02-28-2015, 01:29 PM

I am an enforcer this year and will be working until 7:00 Pm, Last years get together was the highlight of PAX EAST 2014 for me and my wife. Saturday at 7:30 sound good ? Might I suggest the NO NAME or DURGIN PARK for a Dinner, they are both inexpensive and have LONG Tables where large groups can sit together. NO NAME is in walking distance of BECC and Durgin Park is at Faniel Hall. Would love to say hi again.

Cordovan
03-02-2015, 03:26 PM
I am an enforcer this year and will be working until 7:00 Pm, Last years get together was the highlight of PAX EAST 2014 for me and my wife. Saturday at 7:30 sound good ? Might I suggest the NO NAME or DURGIN PARK for a Dinner, they are both inexpensive and have LONG Tables where large groups can sit together. NO NAME is in walking distance of BECC and Durgin Park is at Faniel Hall. Would love to say hi again.

Saturday at 7:30 seems fine to me; how does that work for other folks? No Name sounds like a cool place to hold the meetup as well; my only concern is that it - is - close to the convention center, and my experience is that particularly on Friday and Saturday nights trying to find a place to sit, eat, or drink anywhere near the convention center is virtually impossible. I've never been there, though, and never been on the pier during other PAX Easts. Has anyone else?

Perceval
03-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Saturday at 7:30 seems fine to me; how does that work for other folks? No Name sounds like a cool place to hold the meetup as well; my only concern is that it - is - close to the convention center, and my experience is that particularly on Friday and Saturday nights trying to find a place to sit, eat, or drink anywhere near the convention center is virtually impossible. I've never been there, though, and never been on the pier during other PAX Easts. Has anyone else?

Its so out of the way that unless you know it's there, you don't go to it. You walk by so many "Named" restaurants on the way to it that if you are aimlessly looking around for a place to eat, you will never see it. They have two floors with a ton of space and by 7:30 the dinner crowd should be gone. Best seafood in Boston, but not a place you would take a Saturday Night date. If you want I can call them and get a reservation, just need an approximate head count.

Cordovan
03-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Its so out of the way that unless you know it's there, you don't go to it. You walk by so many "Named" restaurants on the way to it that if you are aimlessly looking around for a place to eat, you will never see it. They have two floors with a ton of space and by 7:30 the dinner crowd should be gone. Best seafood in Boston, but not a place you would take a Saturday Night date. If you want I can call them and get a reservation, just need an approximate head count.

This sounds like a perfect place to meet then. Let's tentatively call it: Saturday evening, starting around 7:30 PM Eastern (-5 GMT), at No Name. If plans need to change last-minute (see: biker rally vs. Gen Con) we'll announce it on our social networks, especially Twitter. I will call them to double-check. Can I get an approximate head count?

Perceval
03-04-2015, 12:13 PM
This sounds like a perfect place to meet then. Let's tentatively call it: Saturday evening, starting around 7:30 PM Eastern (-5 GMT), at No Name. If plans need to change last-minute (see: biker rally vs. Gen Con) we'll announce it on our social networks, especially Twitter. I will call them to double-check. Can I get an approximate head count?

http://www.nonamerestaurant.com for directions and menu

The Have SAM ADAMS RED BRICK...WOOT

Severlin
03-05-2015, 03:16 PM
My plan is to be at the Turbine booth on Saturday from 2-4 to talk to players.

Sev~

Vargouille
03-05-2015, 03:19 PM

I also expect to be at the Turbine booth at 2:00PM on Saturday!

Steelstar
03-05-2015, 03:21 PM

Sev~

I'm planning to be there as well.

Mindos
03-05-2015, 04:57 PM

Oh boy, here we go: Is there any kind of continuity plan in place at Turbine? Just in case, IDK, a giant cardboard prop squishes all you red shirts, is there anyone left to keep the company going?

Qhualor
03-05-2015, 06:02 PM
I spent the last hour and a half looking for a hotel that was available in South Station area that was under $300 and couldn't find one. maybe next year.

arkonas
03-05-2015, 06:24 PM

since its pax east does that mean we will see something on update 25 there? i was just wondering when the first bit of it will hit lammania.

Mindos
03-06-2015, 12:05 AM
I spent the last hour and a half looking for a hotel that was available in South Station area that was under $300 and couldn't find one. maybe next year.

Sleep on the plane? Jet up, take cab to No Name, call cab at 3 am, fly home snoring...

Mindos
03-06-2015, 12:06 AM
since its pax east does that mean we will see something on update 25 there? i was just wondering when the first bit of it will hit lammania.

No. (nothing official) Everything shiny will be Infinite Crisis.

cdbd3rd
03-06-2015, 06:56 AM
... They have two floors with a ton of space ....

That brings back some Jillian's memories. :)

Mindos
03-06-2015, 07:20 AM
i was just wondering when the first bit of it will hit lammania.

I'm gonna go wild and say on Tues next week. Just a dartboard guess.

Cordovan
03-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Happy PAX East! If you are attending, you will find me and possibly some other DDO folks helping out in the Infinite Crisis section of the Exhibit Hall, "Booth" #8044. Stop on by! (Note: Some of us are on shifts, so it's possible you will stop by when we're not there. But visit us anyway!)

Seikojin
03-06-2015, 10:46 AM
You guys should twitch stream it :)

Perceval
03-06-2015, 09:48 PM

I will be at BYOC at 7:00 and heading to no name at 7:10. If you want help finding the place, go to BYOC at 7 and ask for Dolarrah and we can go together.

Uska
03-06-2015, 11:03 PM
http://www.nonamerestaurant.com for directions and menu

The Have SAM ADAMS RED BRICK...WOOT

That would almost make it worth the trip.

Perceval
03-07-2015, 05:28 AM
That would almost make it worth the trip.

Went there last night for dinner. They have other options but no more red brick

I was bumming. Red Brick is best bear ever made

Cordovan
03-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Heya peeps I am outside of the convention center in the plaza area. Will be here til about seven fifteen then leaving for no name restaurant. PAX badge or no find me for some DDO swag!

Perceval
03-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Dol in way

Steelstar
03-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Hey, it was really great meeting some of you at the booth on Saturday. I really appreciated getting to talk to players in-person at something like PAX, and hear about your playstyles, characters, and what you think about the game in general face-to-face.

Quite a few of you were excited for Temple of Elemental Evil, and that meant a lot to me; we're excited to be bringing it to you soon. :)

slarden
03-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Hey, it was really great meeting some of you at the booth on Saturday. I really appreciated getting to talk to players in-person at something like PAX, and hear about your playstyles, characters, and what you think about the game in general face-to-face.

Quite a few of you were excited for Temple of Elemental Evil, and that meant a lot to me; we're excited to be bringing it to you soon. :)

Any word on when that will make it to Lam for preview?

Steelstar
03-09-2015, 10:32 AM
any word on when that will make it to lam for preview?

SoON! :D

patang01
03-09-2015, 11:07 AM

Oh you ;)

FuzzyDuck81
03-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Cordovan said in the latest DDOCast that it'd probably be next week

Theolin
03-09-2015, 11:36 AM

where does that fit in the soondom of soons?

we have soon(tm) > soonish > soon > really soon

Steelstar
03-09-2015, 11:37 AM
where does that fit in the soondom of soons?

we have soon(tm) > soonish > soon > really soon

Between sOON! and SOoN!

Gimpy007
03-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Between sOON! and SOoN!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thanks I needed that :D

Thar
03-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Between sOON! and SOoN!

is that a binary countdown we can track? trying to remember ASCII...

xberto
03-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Unfortunately work kids and being clear across the country will prevent me from attending. I realize PAX east is right in Turbines backyard. I realize to that DDO is a video game but I'm wondering if Turbine ever reaches out beyond video game conventions?

Dungeons and Dragons, Lord of the Rings appeal to much wider audience than just gamers. . Why not come to my home and attend Salt Lake Comic con or http://www.fantasycon.com/index.html in 2016. The Salt Lake conventions are becoming huge and rivaling the Sandiego Comic Con. I'd suspect an appearance at either of these conventions might prove better advertising than your typical video game convention where everyone is looking for the newest fastest thing. DDO at fantasy com, showing of there classic D&D module works, would probably bring in few new players.