PDA

View Full Version : Need an AA Pure cleric build please..

IIVIIotha
02-16-2015, 09:46 AM
Hi im looking for a pure cleric arcane archer build or maybe some splash on fighter or bard but no monkchers pls no fvs slash and no pally splash neither im Lesser reincarnatng +20 my pure ranger (getting tired of it) anyways in a day or two just looking for some advice of what should i do btw im a helf whit a +3 universal tome.

unbongwah
02-16-2015, 02:45 PM
A little more detail is necessary: what exactly do you want to do with this build? How many build pts do you have? Alignment? Etc.

Livmo
02-16-2015, 03:09 PM
Hi im looking for a pure cleric arcane archer build or maybe some splash on fighter or bard but no monkchers pls no fvs slash and no pally splash neither im Lesser reincarnatng +20 my pure ranger (getting tired of it) anyways in a day or two just looking for some advice of what should i do btw im a helf whit a +3 universal tome.

You can run a pure Iconic Morninglord Sun Elf as a pure cleric that is also an arcane archer. I'm posting my Enhacements to show how you can access the AA tree via the racial Morniglord tree. You can use Soul Majic as a little mana generator to keep blasting Sunbeam when your man runs out. The Fey majic is nice too in between shrines.

http://i.imgur.com/4jEabYD.jpg

Good luck and happy hunting!

PsychoBlonde
02-16-2015, 04:18 PM
You can run a pure Iconic Morninglord Sun Elf as a pure cleric that is also an arcane archer.

Unfortunately, he's LESSER reincarnating, so he can't change race.

I've done a cleric AA build myself, it's really just a matter of picking the right feats and remembering that you need a high base dex to get Manyshot. You basically need Point Blank, Rapid, and Manyshot. Precise shot is optional but helpful. Other than that you kind of have to decide what route you want to go. If you want to use your spells for anything apart from buffs, you'll want Maximize and Empower at a minimum. If you want to focus on the bow, you'll need Bow Strength (and possibly Zen Archery). I strongly advise taking at least 1 level of Ranger in order to get Bow Strength for free, as it's a tough feat to get otherwise. Or you can take Ranger Dilletante as part of your half-elf--it maxes at +8, but that's better than nothing.

The trouble I've found with playing a cleric AA is that you either begin to wonder why you bothered with cleric--your spells are weak--or you begin to wonder why you bothered with the bow, because your spells are so much stronger. It was very nice back in the day before the enhancements pass and a ton of other changes. Comparatively speaking, it is not so awesome now.

Livmo
02-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Unfortunately, he's LESSER reincarnating, so he can't change race.

I've done a cleric AA build myself, it's really just a matter of picking the right feats and remembering that you need a high base dex to get Manyshot. You basically need Point Blank, Rapid, and Manyshot. Precise shot is optional but helpful. Other than that you kind of have to decide what route you want to go. If you want to use your spells for anything apart from buffs, you'll want Maximize and Empower at a minimum. If you want to focus on the bow, you'll need Bow Strength (and possibly Zen Archery). I strongly advise taking at least 1 level of Ranger in order to get Bow Strength for free, as it's a tough feat to get otherwise. Or you can take Ranger Dilletante as part of your half-elf--it maxes at +8, but that's better than nothing.

The trouble I've found with playing a cleric AA is that you either begin to wonder why you bothered with cleric--your spells are weak--or you begin to wonder why you bothered with the bow, because your spells are so much stronger. It was very nice back in the day before the enhancements pass and a ton of other changes. Comparatively speaking, it is not so awesome now.

Also think of the bow as garnish. For me Subeam and Sunbolt do the heavy lifting and the bow is there as a mana generator to beable to keep firing Sunbeam and Sunbolt when you run out of mana and for use with Fey Tap. My DPS comes from spells, but can still knock out stuff with a bow, although its more a garnish.

Don't forget DEX in there. Also I did not take Manyshot etc so my spells are strong and the bow is weak. I did take Zen Archery.

BTW I dumped CHA this go around and not doing any turning.

IIVIIotha
02-17-2015, 02:18 AM
Well i finaly made a kenseii warpriest lol thanks tho... But i renember this build back in the 2010's wanted to give it a try but it looks kind of hard to balance everything in there i mean feats, skills, stats points etc...

Gadren
04-13-2015, 02:38 PM

I've recently returned from a long hiatus and in the past 2 months have been played a silverflame cleric aa from 1-23. I had played an AA years ago and it was a lot of fun, but these days they are fairly lackluster. I think a big prob is longbow in general has become a bit meh. I do alright when I can many shot or line up a bunch of enemies for IPS, but I spend a lot of time in parties with manyshot on cooldown and not really contributing much (since most people self heal too, my healing abilities don't seem that helpful either )

Probably going to TR into arty. Repeaters seem far superior to bows these days, and AA doesn't help xbows.