PDA

View Full Version : TWF There is any one out there???

Handall
02-13-2015, 09:28 PM
There is any TWF Barbarians out there that could give me a build option??? Isnt TWF a viable DPS spec for a Barb???

AbyssalMage
02-14-2015, 05:30 AM
There is any TWF Barbarians out there that could give me a build option??? Isnt TWF a viable DPS spec for a Barb???
Honestly, no.
Best you are going to find is the TWF Occult Slayer Barbarian wielding 1HB's (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Mornh,_Hammer_of_the_Mountains) out of CitW. Then again, he may have updated the build.

abstraktpb
02-14-2015, 07:20 PM

messaged you

giftie
02-15-2015, 12:09 PM

I ran a TWF version of Zoda, very similar to this:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/453777-Barbarian-Juiciness-Viranar-of-Khyber

(Similar build-wise, I don't even come close to the equipment and skill in that video.) It's absolutely a viable DPS spec for a Barb.

Eth
02-16-2015, 02:29 AM
TWF is very viable on a barb. There is a lot of extra procs in ravager (including selfhealing procs) and also the 500 damage proc from the Frenzied Berserker capstone (which is a 1000 damage proc after melee power). Those procs favor TWF.

Featwise go (not in order):
TWF, ITWF, GTWF
PA
Heavy Armor
Improved Crit.
Overwhelming Crit.

...Rest up to you.

Enhancement Setup:
41 Frenzied for the Capstone
1 Human for racial damage boost
Rest in Ravager including the Tier 5s (Bloodstrength, Critical Rage); I personally also use the knockdown immunity from Tier5

Paleus
02-20-2015, 01:28 PM
TWF is very viable on a barb. There is a lot of extra procs in ravager (including selfhealing procs) and also the 500 damage proc from the Frenzied Berserker capstone (which is a 1000 damage proc after melee power). Those procs favor TWF.

Featwise go (not in order):
TWF, ITWF, GTWF
PA
Heavy Armor
Improved Crit.
Overwhelming Crit.

...Rest up to you.

Enhancement Setup:
Rest in Ravager including the Tier 5s (Bloodstrength, Critical Rage); I personally also use the knockdown immunity from Tier5

I have something very similar. I took the Ravager capstone, but may switch around the enhancements to the Frenzied, but the basic feats listed and a focus in Frenzied+Ravager is quite viable. I'm sure some number-cruncher will tell me I'm doing it wrong because I could squeeze X amount of DPS out if I did things differently. But you really don't need X amount more to be viable or more importantly fun, and it is.

andreascott89
02-21-2015, 10:36 PM
Enhancement Setup:

You take knockdown immunity over subsiding fury? 100hp and 20 healing amp is pretty good.

-J

Eth
02-23-2015, 04:34 AM
You take knockdown immunity over subsiding fury? 100hp and 20 healing amp is pretty good.

-J

Yes, I'd take that over 100HP and heal amp any day.
They are both great ways to spend your points, but you have to make that decision and knockdown immunity is just that much more important to me.

Bloodskittle
02-23-2015, 04:51 AM
I played with both the knockdown immunity and the 100hp and 20 amp, found hp and amp to be more valuable because with the easily achieved 80+ STR and FoM pot/items I was rarely knocked down and never for long.

Eth
02-23-2015, 05:28 AM
Depends on the stuff you run really. My toon is at cap as a raiding toon, so I melee dragons alot. That's where you want to have it.
I'd really like to pick up subsiding fury, but the AP just aren't there ;)

Bloodskittle
02-23-2015, 06:16 AM
I didn't realise the knockdown immunity gave knockdown immunity versus the Dragon knockdown, most immunities seem to be broken vs dragons as far as I have seen.

Eth
02-23-2015, 07:54 AM
I didn't realise the knockdown immunity gave knockdown immunity versus the Dragon knockdown, most immunities seem to be broken vs dragons as far as I have seen.

There is one move (the frontal claw slam or whatever you want to call it) that still knocks down my barb, but all the other knockdown moves that dragons have seem to have no effect.

Annyee
02-23-2015, 08:14 AM
The knockdown immunity from barb is BETTER than Steadfast from Unyielding Sentinel. Get it.

Vaevictis
02-24-2015, 02:08 PM
i have a twf barb with 18 levels of barb and 2 ranger, he was a beast several years ago with his dual wielding wounding and puncturing rapiers that crit'd at 15 while raged but he's too squishy now. any ideas how to improve this would be greatly appeciated.

unbongwah
02-24-2015, 02:44 PM
i have a twf barb with 18 levels of barb and 2 ranger, he was a beast several years ago with his dual wielding wounding and puncturing rapiers that crit'd at 15 while raged but he's too squishy now.
I've read a lot of complaints about mostly-pure barbs before, but "too squishy" hasn't usually been one of them. Can you post more info about your char?

Bloodskittle
02-25-2015, 06:44 AM
i have a twf barb with 18 levels of barb and 2 ranger, he was a beast several years ago with his dual wielding wounding and puncturing rapiers that crit'd at 15 while raged but he's too squishy now. any ideas how to improve this would be greatly appeciated.

Start a New thread is first piece of advice, second thing is TR and follow something like Zoda's barb or Redsonja build and if you're really into twf (like me :D ) then just swap the THF feats for TWF.

Vaevictis
02-28-2015, 02:53 PM
I've read a lot of complaints about mostly-pure barbs before, but "too squishy" hasn't usually been one of them. Can you post more info about your char?

he's str and con based with high dex for twf feats. i have over 1000 hp but go through them fast. my ac is only 57 while twf. i have dodge ring 8% and armour bonus +10 to help but its not enough. i'm currently farming for ring of shadows for blur to help out. my str is 36 and my con is 34 non raged. i can wand heal cuz i pumped skill points into umd but its minimal. i deal good damage but have a glass jaw so to speak lol

unbongwah
03-01-2015, 01:27 PM
he's str and con based with high dex for twf feats. i have over 1000 hp but go through them fast. my ac is only 57 while twf. i have dodge ring 8% and armour bonus +10 to help but its not enough. i'm currently farming for ring of shadows for blur to help out. my str is 36 and my con is 34 non raged. i can wand heal cuz i pumped skill points into umd but its minimal. i deal good damage but have a glass jaw so to speak lol
A few general comments:

On the defensive side: AC isn't worth investing in, particularly on a barb who loses AC when they Rage. Dodge is better, but don't go overboard. Instead, PRR/MRR coupled with Ghostly (incorporeality) and Blurry (concealment) gear is usually your best bet. eRing of Shadows (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ring_of_Shadows) is great because it combines both; the EE version is the only source of Lesser Displacement (25% concealment), AFAIK, but even the EN/EH versions are better than nothing. Alternatively, you may want to take advantage of the Mimic Hunt (http://ddowiki.com/page/Mimic_Hunt) and farm up a Cloak of Night (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Cloak_of_Night_%28Level_24%29), which has a nice set of defensive bonuses. Then you just need to figure out where to slot a Blurry item; or, if your UMD is high enough, you can use Blur scrolls.
As for armor, you may wish to take heavy armor prof. feat and switch to that for the extra PRR/MRR; the only downside is lowering your MDB, which also caps your Dodge bonus. But right now Shadow Guardian (http://ddowiki.com/page/Thunder-Forged#Flawless_version_upgrade) is the best defensive armor in DDO and is only available in hvy. Heck, depending on what you have currently, even the PDK comm armor (http://ddowiki.com/page/Purple_Dragon_Armor) may be an improvement.
Self-healing on a barb is always an issue, but it's gotten better recently. Definitely pick up heal amp and one of the barb healing abilities; I recommend Blood Strength + Crit Rage from Ravager. You can also take advantage of ED healing abilities, like Healing Spring, Sacred Ground, and Fast Healing. [Rejuvenation Cocoon is not great on a barb because Rage blocks SLAs, inc. Cocoon.]

I'm inferring you don't want to TR or LR +X into a pure barb (or other class); unfortunately, as a MCed build, you miss out on the barb capstones. So I suggest building on what rgr 2 adds to your build, namely Bow STR & Rapid Shot, to add Manyshot. You should have a LR +0 in your inventory which you can use to redo feats etc.; or you can wait until you're ready to ER (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Reincarnation), depending on how far along you are in epic lvls. But presuming human, your build should look something like:

Stats: need DEX 17 for feat pre-reqs, so only put enough pts into it to hit 17 w/tome; STR primary, CON secondary, possibly INT if you have Harper.
Feats: Power Atk (1), Cleave (1), Pt Blank Shot (3), Gt Cleave (6), Improved Crit:<melee> (9), ITWF (12), GTWF (15), Manyshot (18), Overwhelming Crit (21), heavy armor prof. (24), PTWF (26) - last two feats up to you.
Enhancements: at least 36 APs into Ravager (Blood Strength & Crit Rage), 31 APs into FB (Death Frenzy), 4 APs into OS (Extend Rage), and 1 AP into human (Dmg Boost); last 8 APs season to taste (if you have Harper, you can spend it on Know the Angles, in which case you'll want to boost INT).