PDA

View Full Version : Favored Soul build just for the past life?

MorteCerta
12-10-2014, 05:58 AM
Hi guys, im going to tr soon and i think i will go as a favored soul next, just for the past life (im seeking the completionist). I took a look at the forum for builds but i just found end game heavy gear based builds, or outdated builds. So, any advice?

Just a few notes:
-My FS will TR as soon as he reachs lvl 20 (already have the tokens).
-Dont have a good gear, just what left from my sorcerer. I can farm for some gear before TR if i have to.
-I would like to go pure, but dont mind splash if i still get the FS past life.
-I have all +3 tomes and my past lifes are fighter, barbarian, bard, monk, paladin and sorcerer, one each.
-I'm F2P, but the only races/classes i dont have are half-elf, warforged, artificer and iconics. I also dont have that new enhancement tree.

I really don't know much about FS, so any tip are wellcome

Stinging_Bee
12-10-2014, 06:44 AM
Hi guys, im going to tr soon and i think i will go as a favored soul next, just for the past life (im seeking the completionist). I took a look at the forum for builds but i just found end game heavy gear based builds, or outdated builds. So, any advice?

Just a few notes:
-Dont have a good gear, just what left from my sorcerer. I can farm for some gear before TR if i have to.
-I have all +3 tomes and my past lifes are fighter, barbarian, bard, monk, paladin and sorcerer, one each.
-I'm F2P, but the only races/classes i dont have are half-elf, warforged, artificer and iconics. I also dont have that new enhancement tree.

Since it's just a past life you can build a character that can do some decent melee damage the first 11 levels, and then switch to caster mode from lvl 12.
Best weapon for this would be carnifex at level 4 but even if you don't have it you can do just fine with random loot greataxes.

Human 20 favored soul

Strength 16
Dexterity 8
Constitution 14
Intelligence 8
Wisdom 18 + lvl up
Charisma 12

Feats:
1 Human bonus - Power Attack
1 - Greataxe proficiency
3 - Cleave
6 - Great Cleave
9 - Quicken
12 - Maximize
15 - Empower
18 - Heighten

Playstyle is very barbarian till level 12 since you will always be swinging your Carnifex spamming cleaves which is a very powerful aoe damage at low levels.
At level 12 you get blade barriers and maximize so you will be able to zerg quests leaving them behind you.
You will want to use a Thaumaturgy staff of kinetic lore with impulse on it or something similar.
LvL 13 you get heal spell so you will also be able to heal other people if you want.
LvL 14 you get destruction which is a powerful single target instakill to use against monsters that cannot be kited in blade barriers.
At lvl 15 you can upgrade you bladebarriers with empower since monsters will start to have more hp.
LvL 17 wings
LVL 18 Implosion, aoe instakill

ArcaneArcher52689
12-10-2014, 11:30 AM

Just a few notes:

Instead of the pure route, i'd consider a heavy splash. You're not going to be high enough level to really enjoy most of the casting, so why deal with the 1-12 grind?

Fvs has 3 unique features: Archon, Wings, Favored weapon bonus.

Archon requires level 12, so you'll probably get some good use out of it. Wings requires 17 FVS, which means you won't use it much on your journey to 20. Favored weapons are useful, but the feats don't do much.

Instead of building a caster type, I'd consider making melee with minor casting power.
Something like:
15/3 fvs/fighter(if you're reincarnating at 20, those 2 levels don't matter
Half elf (let's you be a follower of undying court for scimitars)
16-> level ups here
12(enough skill points for balance, spellcraft, umd

feats-9 total
(fvs) Follower of the undying court- scimitars
swf
iswf
gswf
max
quicken
empower
PA
cleave
great cleave
imp. crit slashing

Enhancements-
Stick to warpriest to start, grab divine might & favored weapon, and work your way up
once you get 3 fighter, spend 13 points in stalwart to get 25PRR & MRR, +3 saves, +6 strength in heavy/medium armor
once you hit lvl 12, you'll want ~35 points in war priest for the t5 divine vessel and wrathful weapons(you can spend the 2 points in divine power for the convenience of not casting it)
That's the 48 points you'll have when you hit 12.
Once you hit 15(12/3), take the points out of stalwart and put them into AoV for archon. Refill stalwart as you level

This build should wear heavy armor, giving you close to 100PRR/70MRR while leveling and 38-40 strength for leveling

MorteCerta
12-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Instead of the pure route, i'd consider a heavy splash. You're not going to be high enough level to really enjoy most of the casting, so why deal with the 1-12 grind?

Fvs has 3 unique features: Archon, Wings, Favored weapon bonus.

Archon requires level 12, so you'll probably get some good use out of it. Wings requires 17 FVS, which means you won't use it much on your journey to 20. Favored weapons are useful, but the feats don't do much.

Instead of building a caster type, I'd consider making melee with minor casting power.
Something like:
15/3 fvs/fighter(if you're reincarnating at 20, those 2 levels don't matter
Half elf (let's you be a follower of undying court for scimitars)
16-> level ups here
12(enough skill points for balance, spellcraft, umd

feats-9 total
(fvs) Follower of the undying court- scimitars
swf
iswf
gswf
max
quicken
empower
PA
cleave
great cleave
imp. crit slashing

Enhancements-
Stick to warpriest to start, grab divine might & favored weapon, and work your way up
once you get 3 fighter, spend 13 points in stalwart to get 25PRR & MRR, +3 saves, +6 strength in heavy/medium armor
once you hit lvl 12, you'll want ~35 points in war priest for the t5 divine vessel and wrathful weapons(you can spend the 2 points in divine power for the convenience of not casting it)
That's the 48 points you'll have when you hit 12.
Once you hit 15(12/3), take the points out of stalwart and put them into AoV for archon. Refill stalwart as you level

This build should wear heavy armor, giving you close to 100PRR/70MRR while leveling and 38-40 strength for leveling

Thanx for the suggestions, it was exactly what i was looking for. The only problem with this second build is that i dont have the half-elf :/

ArcaneArcher52689
12-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Thanx for the suggestions, it was exactly what i was looking for. The only problem with this second build is that i dont have the half-elf :/

whoops, forgot that part.
Swap to elf, drop con to 14, up dex to 12
or
swap to human and use longswords

unbongwah
12-12-2014, 11:51 AM
If you want to go melee-based, I posted a couple of FvS Warpriest builds in this thread (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/452839-Build-help-and-inspiration).

Hobgoblin
12-13-2014, 01:41 PM
google pastlifenmo