PDA

View Full Version : Animal Fighting Style Feats

CPDK9
12-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Having acheived a total level of confusion with what fighting styles work work with animal forms (partially and fully) got me thinking of some solutions. My humble suggestions would be to restrict the bear and wolf forms to one fighting style.

For the wolf - TWF line. Allow the wolf two attacks (main paw and off-paw) and if needed lower the base die for damage. This would allow wolf forms to take full advantage of the feat. Ehancements would focus on off-hand strikes and double strikes. A dexterity hit/damage option would be nice, but please support with a spell/ability or two that operates like rams strength or divine might, but boosts dexterity. The ranger tempest class would continue to work well with the wolf druid.

For the bear - THF. This form would take advantage of glancing blows and benefit from the damage boost for THF. Enhancements here would focus on boosting those effects. It would be nice to splash some rage abilities with this form, because I see the bear form working well with the barbarian class. Who would not want to see a dire bear in full rage? This would be either a strength or constitution based class. Again, please support a constitution based choice with a spell/ability or two.

Just some thought.