PDA

View Full Version : Elaborate Parry bugged

mezzorco
09-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi, I just tested Elaborate Parry from Tempest tree and it seems to be bugged.

With no armor, it gives up to +30% dodge and dodge cap. Indeed I went from 13% dodge (27 cap) to 43% dodge (57 cap).
With armor equipped, it gives the stated dodge but doesn't increase your dodge cap, I tested with both light and heavy armor. In other words it only rises your dodge up to your dodge cap.

Please, make it ignore your dodge cap regardless of armor worn.

Seikojin
09-25-2014, 12:33 PM
You mean elaborate parry is fixed; since it does not state that it raises the cap.

Bridge_Dweller
09-25-2014, 12:45 PM
You mean elaborate parry is fixed; since it does not state that it raises the cap.

"Bugged" is the wrong word, it works correctly as described.

The proper word for Elaborate Parry would be "sucks." it's not bugged, it just sucks. It's a worthless ability with it being affected by the MDB.

unbongwah
09-25-2014, 04:01 PM
The only reason I take Elaborate Parry is to pick up Evasive Dance; which I usually only bother with if I don't have the APs to spare for a better T5.

mezzorco
09-25-2014, 05:09 PM

Bugged is the correct word.
Either it is intended to ignore dodge cap, and it doesn't, or it is intended to be affected by dodge cap, and it isn't capped if you're unarmored.

The thing is that this enhancement works differently while not wearing armor. It is indeed a good enhancement for centered builds, but it should be so for every tempest build.

unbongwah
09-26-2014, 08:50 AM
Either it is intended to ignore dodge cap, and it doesn't, or it is intended to be affected by dodge cap, and it isn't capped if you're unarmored.
Or it could be it raises your Dodge cap above 25%, but not your MDB, which is what's capping your Dodge bonus. What armor are you wearing and what's your MDB?

Bridge_Dweller
09-26-2014, 09:00 AM
Or it could be it raises your Dodge cap above 25%, but not your MDB, which is what's capping your Dodge bonus. What armor are you wearing and what's your MDB?

Still worthless. This ability needs to ignore MDB or it's a waste of AP.

unbongwah
09-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Right, but then it's not bugged, it's just stupid. :p

EDIT: more to the point, it's easy to see a Tempest which has, say, base Dodge 18% (10% item + 3% Dodge feat + 3% Imp Dodge + 2% Mobility feat or item); but then gooses it higher with Imp Parry to, say, 30% if their MDB and Dodge cap allows it.

mezzorco
09-26-2014, 01:37 PM

I tried naked, with Elven Chain and with a random loot heavy armor.
Naked I go from 16% to 46%, with elven chain dodge stays at 13% capped by MDB, with heavy armor dodge stays at 7%.
Pulled out my +5 dodge item, with elven chain I went from 11 to 13.