PDA

View Full Version : Is Half-Elf viable for a Pale Master?

AStormbringer
08-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Just curious. Locked into the race but interested in respec'ing to a PM.

Nayus
08-05-2014, 05:03 PM
You lose some DC.

That's all, move on.

~.~'

Now with Iconic Races you will also lose Feywild Tap and it's a very powerful enhacement, but then again, the min-maxers in this section were already sacrificing that for 2 DC in Drow so pick your poison. And if you a Morninglord you would need a +1 heart every life or be locked to a Cleric level.

DC-wise it won't be optimal and you should know a DC-caster cares a lot about his DC, but I can't imagine anyone getting scolded for doing this.

EllisDee37
08-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Well, it's not the worst race for PM since you still get +1 int from human adaptability. It's not the best, for sure, since other races get +4 int from enhancements/racial bonuses, plus around 500 extra spell points from feywild tap. (The only race that gets both the +4 int and the feywild tap is morninglord, which requires a +1 heart to remove the cleric level.)

Half-Elf will work fine, in all likelihood.

Enoach
08-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Half-Elf is viable for a PM.

I actually see its advantage is in the Dilettante, but only if you have enough AP to spend in the racial tree.

Depending on your attributes will effect what is available as an option.

Barbarian will be available for some extra HP with a Int/Con Max build

If some investment in charisma the FvS for early self healing and later change to Paladin for extra saves is an option.

You will have the same DC capability of a Human. It will be less then a Drow or Morninglord.

autochthon
08-05-2014, 08:05 PM
I could totally go for a HElf pure Wiz PM as a NecroEK... But whether or not that's optimizable is another discussion.

unbongwah
08-06-2014, 09:03 AM
HE vs human:
Con: lose bonus feat & extra skill pts
Pro: take arty dilly and you can get an extra +1 INT enh as well as +2 UMD +1 CL bonuses to scrolls/wands/pots.

bsquishwizzy
08-06-2014, 11:24 AM

Very much so.

PM and Necro are very much tied to Spell Penetration. With Helf, you have access to Arcanum, which also adds spell pen. Plus I believe the racial tree allows for +1 INT boost and a spell power boost as well.

I have a Helf AM Enchanter w/ Vampire form. There isn’t much that he can’t trap with CC spells, and a majority of those rely on spell pen as well.