PDA

View Full Version : 5 barb splash for occult slayer

painkiller3
06-17-2014, 12:35 PM
what is a class that doesn't have a good fifth tier? i was thinking that there are some useful melee DPS things in the 5th tier of Occult Slayer that aren't dependant on being raged. i'm wondering if something like a 15 warpriest FVS/5 barb or 15 warchanter bard/5 barb (irrelevant now that swashbuckler is out) or something may work.

Nightmanis
06-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Ranger. Tempest is awesome other than I'm not that fond of the tier 5's.

unbongwah
06-17-2014, 01:42 PM
The problem is if you're going for barb 5, you might as well go to 6 to get Frenzy, Elemental Defense, and/or Demoralizing Success. Except that would cost you lvl 8 spells on, say, barb 6 / druid 14 build.

And if you're doing it just for the DPS benefits from Bond of Retribution + Bond of Destruction, I'm hard-pressed to argue that's better than, say, a rog 5 splash for either Staff or Knife Spec, depending on which weapons you want to use.

Nightmanis
06-18-2014, 05:56 AM
The problem is if you're going for barb 5, you might as well go to 6 to get Frenzy, Elemental Defense, and/or Demoralizing Success. Except that would cost you lvl 8 spells on, say, barb 6 / druid 14 build.

And if you're doing it just for the DPS benefits from Bond of Retribution + Bond of Destruction, I'm hard-pressed to argue that's better than, say, a rog 5 splash for either Staff or Knife Spec, depending on which weapons you want to use.

I'm not convinced a 12 ranger 7 rogue 1 favored soul build knife spec tempest with dual thunder forged daggers isn't the highest DPs build currently. Obviously there's also a 6 rogue 2 paladin route for a better end game build.

TheLegendOfAra
06-20-2014, 03:15 AM
I'm not convinced a 12 ranger 7 rogue 1 favored soul build knife spec tempest with dual thunder forged daggers isn't the highest DPs build currently. Obviously there's also a 6 rogue 2 paladin route for a better end game build.

NO! No...
I do not need another Ranger build to try out...
I have enough Ranger lives at the moment as is!
Plus the many Ranger builds I already have planned for the future.

At this rate I'll never get my other pastlives.

Nightmanis
06-20-2014, 05:57 AM
NO! No...
I do not need another Ranger build to try out...
I have enough Ranger lives at the moment as is!
Plus the many Ranger builds I already have planned for the future.

At this rate I'll never get my other pastlives.

<3 you Ara